Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,959 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

25 Tips For A Successful Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 25 Tips For A Successful Marriage (913 Views)

NAF Airlifts Conjoined Twins Back To Yenagoa After A Successful Surgery (photos) / 25 Tips For Teaching Your Child How To Pray / Surest Ways To A Successful Marriage By Rev. Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Tips For A Successful Marriage by Opeomoope: 7:16am On Oct 26, 2016
I often get people asking me for tips for a successful marriage. And so today, I thought I’d oblige with 25 of my favorite ones–some are funny, some are serious, but all are practical. Do them–and you’ll have a much more successful relationship. Here goes: 1. Talk to your spouse more kindly than you talk to anyone else in the world. Too often we speak the most harshly to those closest to us. 2. Remember that marriage is less about marrying the right person and more about becoming the right person. 3. Don’t forget to laugh. Most couples spend the majority of their time talking logistics: who’s doing the grocery shopping, who’s calling the repairman, who’s picking up the kids. A relationship can’t survive on logistics. Have a water fight instead. 4. She needs you to be her best friend. Everyday, talk to her and tell her what you’re thinking. Even if you don’t think you’re thinking about anything. She needs to hear your heart. 5. He needs you to be his cheerleader. Let him know you believe he can take on the world. 6. Find ways to say “I love you” that don’t involve sex. 7. When you dress up, make sure the main person you’re dressing up for is him. And put on lipstick. 8. Leave the toilet seat down. 9. Forgiving means not bringing that old infraction up every time you have a new fight. Let it go. 10. If it’s not solved at 2:30 a.m., it’s not going to be solved at 3:00 a.m. either. Go to sleep. You can deal with it tomorrow, assuming you even remember what the fight was about. 11. When you’re having an argument, listen to understand, don’t listen to find loopholes so you can win. Marriage is either a win/win or a lose/lose. You can’t win by beating someone else down. 12. Your kids come second, not first. Your marriage needs to be number one. Your spouse was there before the kids and will be there after the kids move out. Work on that relationship first. 13. If you haven’t fully committed to your marriage, it won’t succeed. If you’re always testing your spouse, your spouse will always come up short. No one is perfect. 14. You will never drift together. People only ever drift apart. If you want to grow closer, you have to be intentional about it. 15. Let her cry. She needs to every now and then. 16. Don’t bug him if he doesn’t cry. Some men just don’t show their feelings. That’s why they’re men. 17. Don’t say everything that’s on your mind. More marriages would survive if more things went unsaid. 18. Let her be your every fantasy. Keep your eyeballs off everyone else. 19. Let him be your every fantasy. Keep your eyeballs off romance novels. 20. Don’t think he’s gross if he farts. Don’t think she’s pathetic if she obsesses over paint colours. You married someone of the opposite gender. That’s what life is about. 21. Don’t run to your mom if your spouse does something you don’t like. You’re a unit now. Act like it. Every Love Story Wall Decal–$25 22. Make one of your favourite topics of conversation how much you admire your spouse. Tell your kids. Tell your friends. And let your spouse hear. 23. Men would be ecstatic if women showed up naked and brought food. Most women need more than that. Men, make it your goal in life to figure her out. Woo her. She’s worth it. 24. Say yes far more frequently than you say no
Re: 25 Tips For A Successful Marriage by Titilayooni(f): 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Marriage!!!! God help me.
Re: 25 Tips For A Successful Marriage by SimonStiles: 1:18am On Nov 14, 2018
hey guys, check out on successful marriage management https://www.teachalearner.com/successful-marriage-management/

Re: 25 Tips For A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 27, 2019
Opeomoope:
I often get people asking me for tips for a
successful marriage.
And so today, I thought I’d oblige with 25 of
my favorite ones–some are funny, some are
serious, but all are practical. Do them–and
you’ll have a much more successful
relationship.

Here goes:
1. Talk to your spouse more kindly than you
talk to anyone else in the world. Too often
we speak the most harshly to those closest
to us.

2. Remember that marriage is less about
marrying the right person and more about
becoming the right person.

3. Don’t forget to laugh. Most couples spend
the majority of their time talking logistics:
who’s doing the grocery shopping, who’s
calling the repairman, who’s picking up the
kids. A relationship can’t survive on logistics.
Have a water fight instead.

4. She needs you to be her best friend.
Everyday, talk to her and tell her what you’re
thinking. Even if you don’t think you’re
thinking about anything. She needs to hear
your heart.

5. He needs you to be his cheerleader. Let
him know you believe he can take on the
world.

6. Find ways to say “I love you” that don’t
involve sex.

7. When you dress up, make sure the main
person you’re dressing up for is him. And
put on lipstick.

8. Leave the toilet seat down.
9. Forgiving means not bringing that old
infraction up every time you have a new
fight. Let it go.

10. If it’s not solved at 2:30 a.m., it’s not
going to be solved at 3:00 a.m. either. Go to
sleep. You can deal with it tomorrow,
assuming you even remember what the
fight was about.

11. When you’re having an argument, listen
to understand, don’t listen to find loopholes
so you can win. Marriage is either a win/win
or a lose/lose. You can’t win by beating
someone else down.

12. Your kids come second, not first. Your
marriage needs to be number one. Your
spouse was there before the kids and will
be there after the kids move out. Work on
that relationship first.

13. If you haven’t fully committed to your
marriage, it won’t succeed. If you’re always
testing your spouse, your spouse will always
come up short. No one is perfect.

14. You will never drift together. People only
ever drift apart. If you want to grow closer,
you have to be intentional about it.

15. Let her cry. She needs to every now and
then.

16. Don’t bug him if he doesn’t cry. Some
men just don’t show their feelings. That’s
why they’re men.

17. Don’t say everything that’s on your mind.
More marriages would survive if more
things went unsaid.

18. Let her be your every fantasy. Keep your
eyeballs off everyone else.

19. Let him be your every fantasy. Keep your
eyeballs off romance novels.

20. Don’t think he’s gross if he farts. Don’t
think she’s pathetic if she obsesses over
paint colours. You married someone of the
opposite gender. That’s what life is about.

21. Don’t run to your mom if your spouse
does something you don’t like. You’re a unit
now. Act like it.
Every Love Story Wall Decal–$25

22. Make one of your favourite topics of
conversation how much you admire your
spouse. Tell your kids. Tell your friends. And
let your spouse hear.

23. Men would be ecstatic if women showed
up naked and brought food. Most women
need more than that. Men, make it your goal
in life to figure her out. Woo her. She’s
worth it.

24. Say yes far more frequently than you say
no

(1) (Reply)

. / See 37 Year Old Ugandan Woman With Her 38 Children(photos) / Beautiful Photo Shoot Of A Nigerian Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.