Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children (17970 Views)

Ruling On Masturbation (See also Health Hazard) / Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? / Ruling On A Man Kissing His Adult Daughter And Hugging Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2016
Praise be to Allaah.
The Islamic ruling on this matter is as
follows.

Firstly: If this hugging and kissing is of the
type that takes place between husband and
wife when they are alone, then it is not
permissible to do it in front of the children
whether they are little or big. Allaah says
(interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! Let your slaves and
slave‑girls, and those among you who have
not come to the age of puberty ask your
permission (before they come to your
presence) on three occasions: before Fajr
(morning) Salaah (prayer), and while you put
off your clothes for the noonday (rest), and
after the ‘Isha’ (night) Salaah (prayer).
(These) three times are of privacy for you;
other than these times there is no sin on
you or on them to move about, attending to
each other. Thus Allaah makes clear the
Ayaat (the Verses of this Qur’aan, showing
proofs for the legal aspects of permission
for visits) to you. And Allaah is All‑Knowing,
All‑Wise.

59. And when the children among you come
to puberty, then let them (also) ask for
permission, as those senior to them (in age).
Thus Allaah makes clear His Ayaat
(Commandments and legal obligations) for
you. And Allaah is All‑Knowing, All‑Wise”
[al-Noor 24:58-59]

Ibn Katheer said: Here servants and
children are commanded not to intrude
upon the adults of the household at these
times, lest the man be in a position of
intimacy with his wife and so on. (3/401).
If children are obliged to seek permission
lest they see something of that which takes
place between husband and wife, then what
about doing such things openly in a
deliberate manner?

Look at the etiquette
that was observed in the household of the
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) and how the Sahaabah (may
Allaah be pleased with them) transmitted
the details of his life.

The following was narrated from the
upon him) concerning that:
It was narrated from Kurayb the freed slave
of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas that ‘Abd-Allaah
ibn ‘Abbaas told him that he stayed
overnight with Maymoonah, the wife of the
upon him), who was his maternal aunt. He
said: I lay my head on the end of the pillow
and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and
blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his
wife placed their heads on its side. The
Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) slept until midnight, or
shortly before or after, then the Messenger
of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) woke and started to rub the sleep
from his eyes with his hands.

Then he recited the last ten verses of Aal ‘Imraan…
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4571; Muslim, 763.
Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him)
said: This indicates that it is permissible for
a man to sleep alongside his wife without
being intimate with her in the presence of
one of her mahrams, even if he has reached
the age of discernment. Al-Qaadi said: In
some versions of this hadeeth it says: Ibn
‘Abbaas said: I stayed overnight with my
maternal aunt one night when she was
menstruating. Even though the isnaad of
this version is not saheeh, it contains a very
interesting idea, because Ibn ‘Abbaas would
not have asked to stay overnight on a night
when the Prophet (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) may have wanted to be
intimate with his wife, and his father would
not have sent him there unless he knew
that the Prophet (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) would have no need to
be intimate with his wife – because it is well
known that he would not have been
intimate with her when Ibn ‘Abbaas was
there sharing the same pillow with them
and he was watching to see what the
upon him) did, and he did not sleep or he
only slept a little.

Sharh Muslim, 6/46
In addition, doing such things openly is an
action that is contrary to honour and
decency.

Al-Maawardi said: Honour and decency
means making sure that one’s deeds befit
the circumstances so that no deeds may
appear abhorrent or blameworthy.
Adab al-Dunya wa’l-Deen, 392.

The negative effects that such behaviour
has on the children’s upbringing is sufficient
reason not to do it, for children are created
with the natural instinct to imitate their
parents in all their affairs. So there is the
fear that one of them may try to do that out
of ignorance and a lack of understanding of
what he is doing, and this is bad enough.

Moreover there is no guarantee that small
children talk to others about what they have
seen, and it is obvious that this will cause
embarrassment and loss of geerah
(protective jealousy)

Secondly: If the affection that the husband
and wife show in front of the children is of
the kind that is usually shown, namely
compassion, kindness and care, which will
fill the house with peace and respect and
happiness, especially on occasions such as
Eid etc, that is permissible.

Showing that kind of affection will have an
effect on the children’s peace of mind and
will make them sense that there is mutual
understanding and harmony in their family.
There is nothing wrong with showing that
kind of affection, but only as much as is
necessary and without doing anything that
is forbidden. And Allaah knows best.

Source: ISLAMQA.com:

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
JazakAllaah op..

I believe what is meant by "hugging and kissing" is a sensual type of hugging and kissing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
May Allah increase us in knowledge. jazaak Allahu khayran

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by Sisqoman(m): 8:54am On Apr 07, 2017
Ok! now i know my sin!

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by refreshrate: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2017
My problem with most of this ...let's be logical for once please no be fight something is that most of the time I read about Islamic stuff it's about what happened in the past alot of which are not really applicable in modern times.

Take for instance the part about ...while you put
off your clothes for the noonday rest..

Like seriously? Noonday rest? In a buhari economy? Now I'm not saying change anything about the holy books and stuff but really can there be no way to get these things to help people navigate today's modern world?

Seriously, talking and basing everything on stuff that happened several hundred years ago considering human beings, development and growth are dynamic how does this add up please?

I'm asking for a friend grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by Junior66(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2017
Islam sef! Breathing with the nose: halal or not? lolssqss

11 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by multiconcept(m): 9:03am On Apr 07, 2017
Noted
Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by Platinumay(m): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2017
May Allah increase us in knowledge. God knows our weaknesses even before we came to this earth. Allahu Akbar.

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by Mexzy88(m): 9:14am On Apr 07, 2017
Akiko mike ejeaya

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by Platinumay(m): 9:16am On Apr 07, 2017
refreshrate:
My problem with most of this ...let's be logical for once please no be fight something is that most of the time I read about Islamic stuff it's about what happened in the past alot of which are not really applicable in modern times.

Like seriously? Noonday rest? In a buhari economy? Now I'm not saying change anything about the holy books and stuff but really can there be no way to get these things to help people navigate today's modern world?

Seriously, talking and basing everything on stuff that happened several hundred years ago considering human beings, development and growth are dynamic how does this add up please?

These are guidelines for us to try as much as possible to avoid falling into sin, does it not bother u how the rate of rape, fornication and adultery skyrocketed in our generation? Only if we follow God words diligently we would have had a better life. May Allah help us

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by refreshrate: 9:30am On Apr 07, 2017
Platinumay:

These are guidelines for us to try as much as possible to avoid falling into sin, does it not bother u how the rate of rape, fornication and adultery skyrocketed in our generation? Only if we follow God words diligently we would have had a better life. May Allah help us

There's really no statistic to judge the decline or spike in fornication and adultery between that generation and this one.
Let's stick to facts we can prove, that's one.

Two, like I asked if we're going to get guidelines is it a sin to use examples and references of modern times ?
Must it be based on times when men travelled with camels? Can there be no modern day guidelines?

I'm still asking for a friend grin

8 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by tunde1200(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2017
May Allah increase us in knowledge. jazaak Allahu khayran
Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by swtdrms(m): 9:59am On Apr 07, 2017
refreshrate:

As intelligent as you seem to be in ur thought, u are actually short sighted and have short intelligence. In today's Nigeria economy we don't take noonday rest, what about other countries that take noonday rest? Are you saying we should be like christians who keep on changing God's command because they think God is no longer making sense as we have advanced beyond God's reasoning.

Next, take your time to think before commenting on a muslim only thread and keep the shut up.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by mrteee: 10:14am On Apr 07, 2017
swtdrms:

As intelligent as you seem to be in ur thought, u are actually short sighted and have short intelligence. In today's Nigeria economy we don't take noonday rest, what about other countries that take noonday rest? Are you saying we should be like christians who keep on changing God's command because they think God is no longer making sense as we have advanced beyond God's reasoning.

Next, take your time to think before commenting on a muslim only thread and keep the shut up.

There's no need to be this caustic. No matter how you think of the question, you should answer with dignity.

"Invite unto the way of your lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching".
"Do not let the hatred of a people drive you to do injustice" (words of Allah)

May Allah forgive us all and guide us aright. Ameen. Wa salaam alaekum.

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by sms87: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2017
JazakAllahu Khairan

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by arma: 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
Jazaakallaahu khayr

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by QuietHammer(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
Jizz I cum online?

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by refreshrate: 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
swtdrms:

You're a bloody god forsaken idiot for coming here with insults to reply your lineage!

God will withhold his favours from your miserable life. Men will not need cause to deprive you of your rights
Thundering buffoon!

Name one country in the world today that men observe mid day rest?

Does the teaching tell you it's applicable to only certain parts of the world? Further reason why my initial quest should be considered.

eediot! If you cannot respond to your parents without resorting to insulting them, that's their problem for raising a half wit like you. Do not try same with me! Oloriburuku somebody that you are! Fvcker! Son of pigs!

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by refreshrate: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
mrteee:

There's no need to be this caustic. No matter how you think of the question, you should answer with dignity.

"Invite unto the way of your lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching".
"Do not let the hatred of a people drive you to do injustice" (words of Allah)

May Allah forgive us all and guide us aright. Ameen. Wa salaam alaekum.

Thank you very much for this better person. May Allah bless and keep you and yours!
Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by swtdrms(m): 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
refreshrate:

You're a bloody god forsaken idiot for coming here with insults to reply your lineage!

God will withhold his favours from your miserable life. Men will not need cause to deprive you of your rights
Thundering buffoon!

Does the teaching tell you it's applicable to only certain parts of the world? Further reason why my initial quest should be considered.

eediot! If you cannot respond to your parents without resorting to insulting them, that's their problem for raising a half wit like you. Do not try same with me! Oloriburuku somebody that you are! Fvcker! Son of pigs!

Do I need to reply your insults? U've already uncovered the personality behind your moniker. Keep it Up please. Keep on insulting, its your earthly achievements

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by obontami: 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2017
Make una forget that thing jooor

So I no fit kiss my wife because my children dey their. Mcheww rubbish!
Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by obontami: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
Junior66:
Islam sef! Breathing with the nose: halal or not? lolssqss

I dey tell u. Dem fit even tell you make you no do Doggy style if you want Fucck your wife grin lol

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by obontami: 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
refreshrate:

Thundering buffoon!

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by SeniorZato(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
As a Muslim, i believe i will remain guided in sha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by SeniorZato(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2017
Islam is the only religion with complete moral guidance. For those of u who are shouting why cant i kiss my wife in the presence of my kids. Ask ur selves this question. What are u teaching them?, how to kiss? Do you know the social implications of doing that in their presence? Children learn through immolation. Most of them will develop the urge and want to do same with their pairs. May God grant us pious children

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by zealot4me(f): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2017
SeniorZato:
Islam is the only religion with complete moral guidance. For those of u who are shouting why cant i kiss my wife in the presence of my kids. Ask ur selves this question. What are u teaching them?, how to kiss? Do you know the social implications of doing that in their presence? Children learn through immolation. Most of them will develop the urge and want to do same with their pairs. May God grant us pious children

Very true... but then the truth is bitter. Children are of nowadays are fast learners nd emulate what they see

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children by AbuuBilaal(m): 8:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
JazaakaLLaahu khayraa OP

(1) (Reply)

Sunnahs Muslims Should Seriously Begin To Follow / Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam / 10 Benefits Of Asking God’s Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.