Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. (7038 Views)

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 26, 2016
Atheism as we know it is a lack of belief in God, gods or higher spiritual powers which in essence makes Atheism all about the now and the physical world.

In other words anything that touches or tries to include the spiritual realm is a taboo to an atheist or at least it should be for a true sworn atheist.

Here on Nairaland we see a lot of young Atheistd who claim to be sworn atheists and go to all lenghts to band together and force their assumption of being atheists down everyones throats including bashing, name calling, giving God the middle finger and all...

However is atheism only theoretical and not really practical? Is Atheism all about blowing hot air with nothing to physically show for it? Is Atheism all about rants online and offline but no actual physical demonstration of these rants as proof for their position?

I personally see Atheism or Atheists be they young or old as a bunch of kids who just want to goof around but when push comes to shove they run back into their shells.

Let me put it this way as I drop a question for my Nairaland Atheists.......

Its a Known fact that a lot of Countries world wide have their constitutions built and influenced by either Religion or Christianity or even Islam.....

124 out of the 196 countries worldwide have their constitutions built and influenced by Religion or Christianity or islam..The remaining countries have an open ended constitution but with mixtures of Religious influence in it.

Now if atheists abhor religion and all it represents which as a root is derived from God or gods or spiritual powers, Why then do Atheists live by the moral laws of these countries with Christian or Religious or Islamic constitutions?

You say you do not believe or recognize God, gods or spiritual powers yet you obey the moral laws derived from these influences. Is that not hypocrisy? Is that not falsehood?

I expected to see Atheists rebelling against moral laws which are God based and resisting authority afterall you do not recognize its source so must be exempted from such laws.

Is it the fear of the fallout of disobedience to these moral laws that forces an atheist to obey them or are they just pretentious Atheists with no spine and like I said all theory but no practical?

Since you say you absolutely lack a belief in God, gods or higher powers this means you have erased all traces of this influence or existence and must also mean that anything linked to these influences must also be erased as these physical influences still represent by extention that which you claim to have erased and absolutely detached from.

Pls I would like my Atheist brotherhood here on Nairaland to give me their reason and pls no insults ....just simple clear points...

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by hahn(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2016
Wait make I read am! cheesy grin

Modified

Atheism as we know it is a lack of belief in God, gods or higher spiritual powers which in essence makes Atheism all about the now and the physical world.

In other words anything that touches or tries to include the spiritual realm is a taboo to an atheist or at least it should be for a true sworn atheist.

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Saying atheism is all about now and the physical world is an assumption or an addition to the definition on your part. There are people who do not believe in any god but believe in the supernatural and spiritual. Buddhists are an example.

Here on Nairaland we see a lot of young Atheistd who claim to be sworn atheists and go to all lenghts to band together and force their assumption of being atheists down everyones throats including bashing, name calling, giving God the middle finger and all...

Just as there are Christians worldwide who feel it is their obligation to go around preaching the "good news" by telling people that their god loves them and will throw them in eternal fire and subject them to eternal damnation if they do not love him back. These same Christians make noise from their churches shouting and disturbing their neighborhoods during night vigil when people are supposed to be sleeping.

I live next to a church. One day, my landlord's new born baby fell from the bed to the floor. This baby had been crying for sango knows how long but no one could hear her simply because the church was making so much noise during their service. Imagine a church that has less than 100 members "preaching" with loudspeakers inside the church and still has loudspeakers outside the church. Even Jesus preached to 5,000 people without making such a racket undecided

Then do not forget that theists, Muslims/Christians have been known to kill "unbelievers". In fact, their holy books support it.

For example, in the bible, Jehovah commands his people to:

[b]Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)[/b]

You can read more @ https://www.nairaland.com/2819877/murder-bible

However is atheism only theoretical and not really practical? Is Atheism all about blowing hot air with nothing to physically show for it? Is Atheism all about rants online and offline but no actual physical demonstration of these rants as proof for their position?

I personally see Atheism or Atheists be they young or old as a bunch of kids who just want to goof around but when push comes to shove they run back into their shells.

This is simply your opinion and not fact. Afterall, Jesus supposedly raised the dead, healed sick people, fed 5,000 people with only five loaves of bread and two fish. Matthew 14:13-21

As a Christian, have you replicated any of these? There are many sick people in major hospitals, how come NOT ONE of Nigeria's major pastors like Oyakhilome, Adeboye, TB Joshua, Oyedepo and co have ever visited anyone of these hospitals to perform any miracles? If this is not an example of "blowing hot air with nothing to physically show for it", then I do not know what is. undecided

Its a Known fact that a lot of Countries world wide have their constitutions built and influenced by either Religion or Christianity or even Islam.....

124 out of the 196 countries worldwide have their constitutions built and influenced by Religion or Christianity or islam..The remaining countries have an open ended constitution but with mixtures of Religious influence in it.

Now if atheists abhor religion and all it represents which as a root is derived from God or gods or spiritual powers, Why then do Atheists live by the moral laws of these countries with Christian or Religious or Islamic constitutions?

You say you do not believe or recognize God, gods or spiritual powers yet you obey the moral laws derived from these influences. Is that not hypocrisy? Is that not falsehood?

Lol. Even you as a Christian, when you visit an Islamic country, in fact simply take a drive to the North where sharia is practiced and I can bet that you cannot bravely go out and even preach about Jesus not to mention go against their laws. The story of the RCCG woman who was killed in the north recently while preaching in the morning is a good example. It is simple. "In Rome behave as the Romans do"

Would you say that the legalizing of homosexual practices and marriages in "religious" countries like the US is a product of "religious" standards? Since there is no where in the bible or Quran that states that "slavery is a sin", would you say that slavery is right? Why then do most nations now regard slavery as illegal?

I expected to see Atheists rebelling against moral laws which are God based and resisting authority afterall you do not recognize its source so must be exempted from such laws.

Lol. Apparently, you do not understand what atheism is. Go to the first line of your own article or simply point out where atheism translates to "rebelling against moral laws"?

Is it the fear of the fallout of disobedience to these moral laws that forces an atheist to obey them or are they just pretentious Atheists with no spine and like I said all theory but no practical?

Fear? More like conformity. When you live in a country that says "slavery is illegal" will you now go, as a Christian< and keep slaves simply because the bible says in [b]Leviticus 25:44-46 However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

Or in Exodus 21:7 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.[/b]

Pls I would like my Atheist brotherhood here on Nairaland to give me their reason and pls no insults ....just simple clear points...

The answer is very simple. Conformity. I would even go further to say that by this your definition of "atheists" this actually makes us good citizens since we do not rebel against laws of the land where we find ourselves.

However, I would advice that you do research on laws, worldwide, that had to be revised. In the US, a religious country, has been amended 27 times. Also, different countries have different numbers of bill of rights. Different "Christian" countries have different numbers of bill of rights. If these laws were indeed a product of god then why are they not uniform?

In fact, the holy bible itself has 50 different versions of the Bible in English alone, Christianity has over 30,000 denominations and seem to have a problem agreeing on the teaching of the bible and the Sunnis and Shiites are busy killing each other over who is right and who is wrong.

undecided

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 26, 2016
We've covered this before haven't we atheist on Nairaland?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by raphieMontella: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2016
morality again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 26, 2016
Lennycool:
We've covered this before haven't we atheist on Nairaland?

Since you say you have then kindly repeat what you said there on this thread.
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by ifenes(m): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2016
Recycled questions and fears.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2016
hahn:

Modified

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun

Saying atheism is all about now and the physical world is an assumption or an addition to the definition on your part. There are people who do not believe in any god but believe in the supernatural and spiritual. Buddhists are an example.

Just as there are Christians worldwide who feel it is their obligation to go around preaching the "good news" by telling people that their god loves them and will throw them in eternal fire and subject them to eternal damnation if they do not love him back. These same Christians make noise from their churches shouting and disturbing their neighborhoods during night vigil when people are supposed to be sleeping.

I live next to a church. One day, my landlord's new born baby fell from the bed to the floor. This baby had been crying for sango knows how long but no one could hear her simply because the church was making so much noise during their service. Imagine a church that has less than 100 members "preaching" with loudspeakers inside the church and still has loudspeakers outside the church. Even Jesus preached to 5,000 people without making such a racket undecided

Then do not forget that theists, Muslims/Christians have been known to kill "unbelievers". In fact, their holy books support it.

[b]Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)[/b]

This is simply your opinion and not fact. Afterall, Jesus supposedly raised the dead, healed sick people, fed 5,000 people with only five loaves of bread and two fish. Matthew 14:13-21

As a Christian, have you replicated any of these? There are many sick people in major hospitals, how come NOT ONE of Nigeria's major pastors like Oyakhilome, Adeboye, TB Joshua, Oyedepo and co have ever visited anyone of these hospitals to perform any miracles? If this is not an example of "blowing hot air with nothing to physically show for it", then I do not know what is. undecided

Lol. Even you as a Christian, when you visit an Islamic country, in fact simply take a drive to the North where sharia is practiced and I can bet that you cannot bravely go out and even preach about Jesus not to mention go against their laws. The story of the RCCG woman who was killed in the north recently while preaching in the morning is a good example. It is simple. "In Rome behave as the Romans do"

Would you say that the legalizing of homosexual practices and marriages in "religious" countries like the US is a product of "religious" standards? Since there is no where in the bible or Quran that states that "slavery is a sin", would you say that slavery is right? Why then do most nations now regard slavery as illegal?

Lol. Apparently, you do not understand what atheism is. Go to the first line of your own article or simply point out where atheism translates to "rebelling against moral laws"?

Fear? More like conformity. When you live in a country that says "slavery is illegal" will you now go, as a Christian< and keep slaves simply because the bible says in [b]Leviticus 25:44-46 However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

Or in Exodus 21:7 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.[/b]

The answer is very simple. Conformity. I would even go further to say that by this your definition of "atheists" this actually makes us good citizens since we do not rebel against laws of the land where we find ourselves.

However, I would advice that you do research on laws, worldwide, that had to be revised. In the US, a religious country, has been amended 27 times. Also, different countries have different numbers of bill of rights. Different "Christian" countries have different numbers of bill of rights. If these laws were indeed a product of god then why are they not uniform?

In fact, the holy bible itself has 50 different versions of the Bible in English alone, Christianity has over 30,000 denominations and seem to have a problem agreeing on the teaching of the bible and the Sunnis and Shiites are busy killing each other over who is right and who is wrong.

undecided

Hahn your very first comment was a monumental goal shift. Stick to the topic pls.

The thread is for absolute Atheists which was why I gave the definition from the get go.

I honestly think yoù do not even understand the atheism you profess if u did u would not have mentioned budhists and clumped them togerher with absolute atheists.

You mentioned islam and how it is that I as a christian also obey the laws in an islamic nation when I already grouped islam as a religious influence whic atheism also stands against.

I suggest u read the thread again as your comment is mismatched and all over the place.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by kevoh(m): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2016
hahn:

Modified

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun

Saying atheism is all about now and the physical world is an assumption or an addition to the definition on your part...

undecided
For your effort in tackling an overflogged topic
[img]http://media./media/10spcFioEOY7zG/giphy.gif[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
hahn:

Modified

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun

[b]Kill Nonbelievers

undecided

A gallimaufry of non sequiturs - if such exists then your comment is a good example .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by hahn(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A gallimaufry of non sequiturs - if such exists then your comment is a good example .

4 Likes

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by hahn(m): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
kevoh:

For your effort in tackling an overflogged topic
[img]http://media./media/10spcFioEOY7zG/giphy.gif[/img]

I am actually putting another article together. I needed the distraction tongue
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=hahn post=50522332][/quote]

oh yes really. In your attempt to sound intelligent you tried too hard...thereby making submissions that were unfounded and not requested by the OP...a clear indicator that you borrowed from here and there just to respond.

like I said before...I forgive your goal shifting first attempt so give it another try and this time stick to the topic.
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by EyeHateGod: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Dumb thread

3 Likes

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
4everGod:

You've been right so far

I personally see Atheism or Atheists be they young or old as a bunch of kids who just want to goof around[b] but when push comes to shove they run back into their shells[/b]

What do you want us to do? Preach in buses, along the road side, inside religious houses? I'm sorry but not only can that be dangerous to our lives (We only live once so we aren't in a hurry to die) but it would not really help, shouting in public is useless since you meet more educated people online, this really is the best and safest platform. Educated people are more accepting of atheism, unlike religion that can be accepted by the staunchest of illiterates.
A man that cannot spell cucumber, can never believe in evolution.

There's also the added fact that unlike in most religions, atheist aren't required to bring in converts. It has no code or criteria, its just a disbelief in all deities.

Okay

To an extent yeah, but this isn't surprising as all cultures have their own religions and it influenced their rules.

Yeah go on

Not all atheist abhor religion and all it represents, an atheist can still celebrate Christmas and easter and any other religious festival he/she favours. No big deal, most things about Christmas are drawn from pagan religions, yet most Christians don't see a problem celebrating it.
So because religion minutely influenced the constitution, I should go about breaking every single law in it.
Morals are developed by all intelligent species and even influenced all religions. So religions didn't influence morals. Morals influenced religion. Morals are natures way of ensuring continuation of expanding and intelligent species. And like everything it evolved with time. Slavery is now considered bad by most societies

Humans are older than all religions on earth, they could not have survived together if they had no morals, don't forget that the bible isn't exactly a good place to search for morals as it supports the most despicable of actions. Morals influenced religion, not the other way around. The peole that wrote the bible were truly barbaric savages, they supported rape and slavery and genocide. How can an all knowing and intelligent God say. Don't have sex until you're married, but doesn't pass down any law against owning another human being. How is premarital sex worse than owning a human being. Even modern humans see it as stupid.

I expected to see Atheists rebelling against moral laws which are God based and resisting authority afterall you do not recognize its source so must be exempted from such laws

Already answered.

I don't see you going around killing people
That fornicate
That worship other Gods
That get raped
That are witches
That work on the Sabbath
And if you want to say all these rules are in the old testament and don't apply, remember so also is the Ten commandments.
Your argument is rubbish. Through and through.

Since you say you absolutely lack a belief in God, gods or higher powers this means you have erased all traces of this influence or existence and must also mean that anything linked to these influences must also be erased as these physical influences still represent by extention that which you claim to have erased and absolutely detached from.
You can't absolutely detach from religion, not in today's world, and certainly not in nigeria.
Atheist can do what they want, we can even go to churches, shrines, mosque e.t.c it is all part of the unparalleled freedom.

Done bro. Try something better next time.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Dumb thread

Thank you for your comment since you lacked any intelligent response a dumb one would suffice from you. Thank you once again.
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Yohmi: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by analice107: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
4everGod:

winner01 , kingebukasblog , Richirich713,
scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2
Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 ,
InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano
sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia
Jeromejnr, goodmuyis
Cc' Gombs.
Joeagbaje
Jcross
KingEbukasBlog
Scholar
analice107
anas09

Seun , Plaetton , ilovetheline, JackBizzle,
Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn ,
sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker ,
PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho ,
braithwaite , dragonEmperor ,
theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess
, ifenes , Hopefullandlord , brigance ,
stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman ,
Ranchhoddas , CAPSLOCKED , lilbrown007 ,
Elohim1, RaphieMontella , Weah96 , SirWere
, sonofluc1fer , Stephendamsoho ,
EyeHateGod , FearGodAndLive , LennyCool,
Kevoh , Johnnydon22 , Akintom ,
Hardmirror , GRIMMJOE , CoolUsername ,
1990news , JSoE , Etesam , Audray ,
Edenoscar , DeSepiero , charix , GoodMuyis ,
jonbellion , menxer , OLAADEGBU, coldhardtruth
Ah, the atheist community is really large.
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by raphieMontella: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:
analice dear..how are you?
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by hahn(m): 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
4everGod:

oh yes really. In your attempt to sound intelligent you tried too hard...thereby making submissions that were unfounded and not requested by the OP...a clear indicator that you borrowed from here and there just to respond.

like I said before...I forgive your goal shifting first attempt so give it another try and this time stick to the topic.

Na real "another try" cheesy grin

Can you do me a favor and stop mentioning me in your posts from now on? Abeg. I will really appreciate it.

If your post is meaningful, I will discover it on my own.

Thank you for your understanding smiley

2 Likes

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
hahn:

Na real "another try" cheesy grin

Can you do me a favor and stop mentioning me in your posts from now on? Abeg. I will really appreciate it.

If your post is meaningful, I will discover it on my own.

Thank you for your understanding smiley

Thank you for the goal shifting and the cop out. Thanks for underatanding that I understood.
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

nope they are not sis. Some monikers there are duplicates and alter egos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by hahn(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
4everGod:

Thank you for the goal shifting and the cop out. Thanks for underatanding that I understood.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin This man grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
KingEbukasBlog:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by winner01(m): 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
lol.
see them all over the place.
Not one reasonable justification for morality.

The fact remains: The source of morality will forever be a problem for atheism.

All their attempts to explain goodness without God has proven futile.

If atheists can question the source of morality and not just borrow from already established moral structures, it might lead them to the truth.

But dont worry, atheists dont really question everything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
TheSixthSense:
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin This man grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

grin grin
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
Lennycool:

You've been right so far

What do you want us to do? Preach in buses, along the road side, inside religious houses? I'm sorry but not only can that be dangerous to our lives (We only live once so we aren't in a hurry to die) but it would not really help, shouting in public is useless since you meet more educated people online, this really is the best and safest platform. Educated people are more accepting of atheism, unlike religion that can be accepted by the staunchest of illiterates.
A man that cannot spell cucumber, can never believe in evolution.

There's also the added fact that unlike in most religions, atheist aren't required to bring in converts. It has no code or criteria, its just a disbelief in all deities.

Okay

To an extent yeah, but this isn't surprising as all cultures have their own religions and it influenced their rules.

Yeah go on

Not all atheist abhor religion and all it represents, an atheist can still celebrate Christmas and easter and any other religious festival he/she favours. No big deal, most things about Christmas are drawn from pagan religions, yet most Christians don't see a problem celebrating it.
So because religion minutely influenced the constitution, I should go about breaking every single law in it.
Morals are developed by all intelligent species and even influenced all religions. So religions didn't influence morals. Morals influenced religion. Morals are natures way of ensuring continuation of expanding and intelligent species. And like everything it evolved with time. Slavery is now considered bad by most societies

Humans are older than all religions on earth, they could not have survived together if they had no morals, don't forget that the bible isn't exactly a good place to search for morals as it supports the most despicable of actions. Morals influenced religion, not the other way around. The peole that wrote the bible were truly barbaric savages, they supported rape and slavery and genocide. How can an all knowing and intelligent God say. Don't have sex until you're married, but doesn't pass down any law against owning another human being. How is premarital sex worse than owning a human being. Even modern humans see it as stupid.

Already answered.

I don't see you going around killing people
That fornicate
That worship other Gods
That get raped
That are witches
That work on the Sabbath
And if you want to say all these rules are in the old testament and don't apply, remember so also is the Ten commandments.
Your argument is rubbish. Through and through.

You can't absolutely detach from religion, not in today's world, and certainly not in nigeria.
Atheist can do what they want, we can even go to churches, shrines, mosque e.t.c it is all part of the unparalleled freedom.

Done bro. Try something better next time.

I only have one question for you in all your wrote up there...

Was man made for the law or the law for man?
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by analice107: 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
4everGod:

nope they are not sis. Some monikers there are duplicates and alter egos
Oh, I see.
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by analice107: 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
raphieMontella:
Hmmm from when did we started this dearing? lol.
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
4everGod:

Thank you for your comment since you lacked any intelligent response a dumb one would suffice from you. Thank you once again.
my good brother when will you learn, for example we use algebra and algebra was invented by an arabian or rather middle Eastern scientist, you come here on nairaland a forum owned by an atheist, you use a Windows or apple laptops designed by atheists , you have a Facebook account founded by an atheist, so what do you gain by spreading division among humanity, rather we atheists want a United human nation not one divided by religion or ethnicity,

for your info the word god appears only once in American constitution. even if these countries you talk about a good number of them do not mix religion with politics is it america, uk, germany, russia, etc and so on.

we atheists want our own right the same way you have your own right to preach and criticize other belief systems

3 Likes

Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by analice107: 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
raphieMontella:
Hmmm from when did we started this dearing? lol.
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
4everGod:

I only have one question for you in all your wrote up there...

Was man made for the law or the law for man?
laws are different from rules , laws existed before life but rules existed after man came into existence an example of rules are , thou shalt fvck thy neighbor's wife and an example of law is anything that goes up must come down etc,
Re: Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. by Edenoscar(m): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
As for me i am here to learn,but if you make any illogical statement then i call you to order

eyehategod trolling is not good Repent or Burn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Word On Sunday Thread Removed! / How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? / Questions For All Reasonable Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.