Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3531379 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (3310) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 10, 2020
hlemon:

How possible is this? GTbank gave you naira in cash? Please clarify.

Is this a new development? I ask because I receive all my earnings with my dollar domiciliary account at GTbank.
No, epik used transferwise services which I think took it to my savings account. I did not even supply my savings, only domiciliary on my account set up.
Anyway their rates still fair compare to other banks crediting a little bit over 300 naira.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Geofavor(m): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2020
AYORICH:

I do experience same regularly , so I seldom count gmail address as a lead as most would end in spam . I prefer sending through their site sometimes or send just a line of msg with no dollar sign , no link in mail, space the domain name from the .com (ex : texassolar. com)
I use zoho for outbound lite plan around $12 a year .
Thanks a lot.
What about other webmail and corporate mail providers? Do you think the mail flagged by gmail also gets flagged as spam by them?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by DonX001: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2020
Geofavor:

Thanks a lot.
What about other webmail and corporate mail providers? Do you think the mail flagged by gmail also gets flagged as spam by them?
I think some do, some don't.
I remember doing a small test sometime last year where I opened email accounts with like 4 different mail providers- Gmail, Zoho, Hotmail and AOL or so, and then sending email from my website's custom email address to them, to see if it will land in spam.
It landed in spam for like 2 or 3 of them. Can't remember which ones, but Gmail was one of them.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2020
AYORICH:

I do experience same regularly , so I seldom count gmail address as a lead as most would end in spam . I prefer sending through their site sometimes or send just a line of msg with no dollar sign , no link in mail, space the domain name from the .com (ex : texassolar. com)
I use zoho for outbound lite plan around $12 a year .
Does this Zoho support custom mails?
A customized mail I can be using for outbounds only?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Geofavor(m): 9:30am On Mar 10, 2020
DonX001:

I think some do, some don't.
I remember doing a small test sometime last year where I opened email accounts with like 4 different mail providers- Gmail, Zoho, Hotmail and AOL or so, and then sending email from my website's custom email address to them, to see if it will land in spam.
It landed in spam for like 2 or 3 of them. Can't remember which ones, but Gmail was one of them.
Thanks for the input. So, do you use the custom email for outbound now Or you dumped it after your findings?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Reality11: 10:20am On Mar 10, 2020
Depressed101:
i can help with that for. Pm me

Respond
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by AYORICH: 10:23am On Mar 10, 2020
IghravweIG:

Does this Zoho support custom mails?
A customized mail I can be using for outbounds only?

You can add up to 30 domains n customize them .

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by hlemon: 10:29am On Mar 10, 2020
priceaction:

No, epik used transferwise services which I think took it to my savings account. I did not even supply my savings, only domiciliary on my account set up.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm very concerned about this arrangement because I moved 2/3 of my domains to Epik lander.

I want my funds transferred to my dollar account just like how Dan, Afternic, Sedo handle payouts.

EpikNigeria can you explain why withdrawal was deposited to naira savings account instead of dollar domiciliary account your customer provided to you?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by austino2018: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2020
please i need help urgently

I sold a domain with Godaddy some years back, but left it because i think i did not meet up the minimum threshold before placing withdrawals. However i visited Godaddy and discovered that i can actually withdraw my money, but the challenge i am having is updating my payee details. I have filled in the necessary information, but i still get this feedback from Godaddy.

Thank you for reaching out to Aftermarket Support team.

As checked, it shows your Payee is not fully completed or saved. The steps stop at Payment Method. Kindly please make sure you completed the whole 4 steps to set up your payee.

1. Login your account via auctions.godaddy.com
2. Go to "Account Settings" --> "Payee" --> Full up Address, Payment method, Tax Forms, and done. (Make sure it is saved after each step)
3. Here is the highlight on your Tax Forms mentioned, make sure the address and name in Tax Forms is same as the Address you entered in Part 1.

If you need any support on guide your Payee set up, please contact our support at one of these lines who will be able to assist further: https://uk.godaddy.com/contact-us

Please contact us again if we can be of your further assistance.

Best regards,
Ning
Aftermarket Support

Please someone should advice how best to resolve this challenge

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by viktor88: 11:22am On Mar 10, 2020
Abdulasod:

Is there any limit per buyer?
I bought 3 or 4 and the promo stopped working for me
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by CornOak(m): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2020
Depressed101:
i am looking at other registrars right now.. What Registrar will you suggest.

Hello bro, I saw the quote below on one of your threads. I have a question for you please.

Depressed101: I just finished an intensive one month course UI/UX design. I can create web/App interfaces and mock ups. I work with Adobe XD and Figma online Program.

Where did you learned the intensive UI/UX design in a month? Also, what's your proficiency level now? Lastly, do you have a portfolio?

Apologies for the many questions, would be glad to hear from you soon. smiley
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Reality11: 11:53am On Mar 10, 2020
How can I register on hunter, they don't accept gmails
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by massive1019(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2020
Well....let me see...I think I can help with a custom mail address...in fact..not even "a" you can have "sales@, markeing@, yourname@" yourdomain.com

Free of charge...but you must take the domain you intend to use to namesilo...they are the best.

Set up the mail address you want to be using then connect it to your gmail..via send as and receive the reply to your normal gmail or any email address you want...

Everything for $200.. grin grin grin I need people to bash me....

PS...the above is true but your name must be with namesilo...everything is free of charge. Those that have marketsite at namesilo will understand what m saying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ollybode(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
Geofavor:
For those of you who use custom email address for outbound, how do you beat the spam trap?

Was sending out emails yesterday. At first, they were being delivered well. But later on they started landing in spam. I sent to an old gmail account of mine and it landed in spam, with the reason being because the mail was similar to those detected by gmail's spam filter.

It would seem though that the issue is only with gmail. I'm not sure other web and corporate mail addresses flagged my mail as spam (not sure. Just hope they didn't).

What do you think? Please, share your thoughts and experience in this.

Cc ollybode, Ayorich, etc.

In my own case, I have like 4 custom email addresses that I forwarded to my four different Gmail accounts. The fact is that, frequent outbound with one email address whether Gmail/custom is not advisable because some of the recipients may decide to flag your address, apart from Gmail wahala.
I also use the following tools:
mail-tester/com and emailcopycheker/com to check the spam trigger words in the content of my email.
I will always advise you to always switch your email addresses when you do heavy outbounding.

Four custom email addresses; How?
Since I have taken this domain biz seriously. I registered my own business name and go for a very affordable hosting plan. So, From my control panel, I can create an infinity custom email addresses. What I did is to create just four and forwarded them to four different Gmail account(email addresses) for me to track the emails. I send all of my mails from Gmail using email forwarding and track them accordingly, I don't send from webmail. I equally have a parallax site to display some of my domains.

The strategy is that I have 8 emails all together for outbound. Sometimes I do alternate the Gmail addresses to send outbound, at times I do alternate the custom addresses. These have been working well for me without any spam wahala. These only cost me #8k investment per-annum. I guess it is not too much of investment cos I make my sales.

When am less busy I will give a short tutorial on how to make our email look a little bit professional by adding a nice signature. stay tuned.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ChocolateBunny: 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
Please what's the implication of a domain sold twice in two different platform to different buyers
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
ollybode:

In my own case, I have like 4 custom email addresses that I forwarded to my four different Gmail accounts. The fact is that, frequent outbound with one email address whether Gmail/custom is not advisable because some of the recipients may decide to flag your address, apart from Gmail wahala.
mail-tester/com and emailcopycheker/com to check the spam trigger words in the content of my email.
I will always advise you to always switch your email addresses when you do heavy outbounding.

Since I have taken this domain biz seriously. I registered my own business name and go for a very affordable hosting plan. So, From my control panel, I can create an infinity custom email addresses. What I did is to create just four and forwarded them to four different Gmail account(email addresses) for me to track the emails. I send all of my mails from Gmail using email forwarding and track them accordingly, I don't send from webmail. I equally have a parallax site to display some of my domains.

The strategy is that I have 8 emails all together for outbound. Sometimes I do alternate the Gmail addresses to send outbound, at times I do alternate the custom addresses. These have been working well for me without any spam wahala. These only cost me #8k investment per-annum. I guess it is not too much of investment cos I make my sales.

When am less busy I will give a short tutorial on how to make our email look a little bit professional by adding a nice signature. stay tuned.
Please do.
Thanks.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by abbey19877: 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
ollybode:

please I'm waiting for your tutorial on this.

also I'm buying Bitcoin at good price
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Softmojo(m): 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
codemaniacs:

how many views does your domain have?

17 views and 1 shortlist
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by KingFalcon: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
Someone help me out here pls
Whats the best email tracking app to use??...
How do i list a name that the previous owner listed on epik as my domain??
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
Softmojo:

17 views and 1 shortlist

17views in a week? Did you boost it?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Softmojo(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
sammchuck1:

17views in a week? Did you boost it?

yes i did. can't wait to report my first sale grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
Please, I have a name that is about to drop and I intend using it for personal purpose.
The name is registered on Godaddy. Will it be wise to backorder the name on godaddy or use another backordering service?
The name is not competitive as I expect the name to drop but I don't want to take chance.
The previous seller listed it for $450 before expiring.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by DonX001: 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
Geofavor:

Thanks for the input. So, do you use the custom email for outbound now Or you dumped it after your findings?
I dumped it for Gmail.
But haven't done any serious outbounding in a long time now, was occupied with other things.
May restart soon.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Please, I have a name that is about to drop and I intend using it for personal purpose.
The name is registered on Godaddy. Will it be wise to backorder the name on godaddy or use another backordering service?
The name is not competitive as I expect the name to drop but I don't want to take chance.
The previous seller listed it for $450 before expiring.
I think you should backorder it to avoid stories that touch
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Softmojo:

yes i did. can't wait to report my first sale grin

grin
Hopefully it takes less than a month. brandable money dey loud
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
cyriletifit:
Finally, Nairaland moderators have released me!

How will they ban me from replying to this thread for no just course. I have never posted ads before or are they telling me not to post my sales report again?

Still thinking.....
Welcome back wink smiley
Pls they should not stop you from posting sales ooooo
Na motivation for some of us

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by codemaniacs: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
zz
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Depressed101: 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
CornOak:

Hello bro, I saw the quote below on one of your threads. I have a question for you please.

Where did you learned the intensive UI/UX design in a month? Also, what's your proficiency level now? Lastly, do you have a portfolio?

Apologies for the many questions, would be glad to hear from you soon. smiley
I learned using YouTube.
I take my proficiency level to be intermediate, i can't say i am an expert of course i just began.

Yes i do have a portfolio. Check here https://www.digitalsam.carrd.co

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Depressed101: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
Reality11:

Respond
just did
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
sammchuck1:

grin
Hopefully it takes less than a month. brandable money dey loud
But it could take time, you know.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ollybode(m): 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hello Friends,
If you deal with the Geo domain as I do, Then you need to pay attention to this little tutorial. I will try to upload a screenshot for better understanding.
Say you want your email to look like:Simon| Dan.com or Pearl from Quidax:

From Your Gmail go to;

Settings click on Account and Import, hover to Send Email As, then click on Edit Info. A small page will pop up. It shows your name in google account that is the default name you used to open your email and what your recipients will see when you send them an email.
To make changes, just click on the button below and input the name you want.

schematic illustration:
Setting-Account Import- Email as- edit info

38 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Softmojo(m): 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2020
codemaniacs:

I have 13 views and 0 shortlist.

did you boost your position (standard boost or super boost)....

i dont have the super boost option yet. Its just standard boost.

How old is your listing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (3310) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Abdulasod, lawrenzooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.