Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3530203 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (3310) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Akjwyzepal(m): 1:45am On Jun 30, 2020
2horsePOWER:
What would be the best response to this question?

The name is an EMD
you already get buyer na to convince am remain. what is the domain name, if na me i will say it will drive your business towards your target audience, to help you realize an average increase in clicks, conversions, revenue, and average order value also due to the keyword value it will increase your SERP ranking thereby putting your business on the world map.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by TheSTreetman: 5:46am On Jun 30, 2020
Akjwyzepal:
do you list it at thesame price in this places?

Your choice.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 7:17am On Jun 30, 2020
Akjwyzepal:
do you list it at thesame price in this places?
He is right. It's actually up to you.

But obviously you need a guide here. So I will share an angle I sometimes use.

Set your prices using the following as guides.

1) The marketplace commission

2) Available payment method

3) Ease of withdrawal

These 3 factors seem to vary across all the marketplaces.

From our reports here, the most popular marketplaces seem to be DAN, Afternic and Epik (in no particular order)

Others include Namesilo, Sedo, Dynadot etc. depending on where the domain was registered.

What you can do is, since Afternic has the highest commission, factor that in and set the price higher there. Prices can be set lower on Epik and Dan because of their lower commission.

If you take time to study this thread, you will see different experiences people have across these marketplaces in terms of (2) and (3) above.

If for example you prefer bitcoin payment, then DAN or Epik or Namesilo is the way to go. The trick is to now lure potential buyers to your preferred .marketplace by making your price lowest at that marketplace, assuming the buyer may see the name at more than one marketplace.

If the buyer, because of trust issues, decides to buy at a higher price at Afternic, instead of at Epik, DAN, or Namesilo with a lower price, so be it.

Still it's your choice. If the difference in commission is not a bother to you, you can set the same price across all.

NB:

The above excludes names you listed at BB, SH, BP etc. Those brandable marketplaces have their own exclusivity guidelines that you must study.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Kaysalas(m): 7:24am On Jun 30, 2020
smartr:

Smartie, how far now? Gist me more on the million dollar biz u mentioned in the other thread
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Juanmata48: 8:28am On Jun 30, 2020
Pls house my gmail was disabled by google because of the outbound i did yesterday i initiated restore after providing another gmail the requested now they are saying i have to wait for two working days pls is there anything i can do to retrieve it faster

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by OYENIYIJK: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2020
Juanmata48:
Pls house my gmail was disabled by google because of the outbound i did yesterday i initiated restore after providing another gmail the requested now they are saying i have to wait for two working days pls is there anything i can do to retrieve it faster
just two working days? I think you should be happy. What if they said they can't do anything about it?

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Juanmata48: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

just two working days? I think you should be happy. What if they said they can't do anything about it?
oluwa eeeh help ur grandson
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sandycee: 8:48am On Jun 30, 2020
Good morning, pls how do I contact Dynadot. I bought ba domain yesterday with their promo code and they took $22.99 from my account
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by richkal(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2020
tranxo:
https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-stories/requirements-imposed-wirecard-authorisation

Latest on Payoneer/WireCard restrictions.

Thanks for sharing bro. This is the best news for me. God bless you for sharing. Imagine over 4k going down the drain. God I Thank You grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sandycee: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2020
Sandycee:
Good morning, pls how do I contact Dynadot. I bought ba domain yesterday with their promo code and they took $22.99 from my account
Rectified

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by smartr: 9:07am On Jun 30, 2020
Kaysalas:

Smartie, how far now? Gist me more on the million dollar biz u mentioned in the other thread

naira , not dollar. and this is the thread...
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EGUNSOLA14: 9:20am On Jun 30, 2020
ItrendNaija:

You can use *737# to reactivate your dormant GTB account without going to the bank
pls would they grant master card to an account opened this way?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 9:31am On Jun 30, 2020
Softmojo:

Lol. Same way i just laugh at myself if I look at the first names i registered.

If i have to advise any newbie today, i will say study on the sidelines for the first one or two months before you start buying names.

Somehow, to start domaining with little or no cash in your hands is a blessing, because you can't afford to go on a buying spree like most beginners do.
As a newbie if you don't discipline yourself as to read serially from page 1 till you get to the last page and you keep on viewing the last page here and there where you I'll see sales report everywhere I swear you will be tempted to start registering names of which is unhealthy for you as you're likely to regret when you begins to mature in this game;

at times it is a lesson learnt in the hard way but it is not advisable as you can skip it if you learn the does and don't before you invest your money.

Though at time if luck find you, some of the names will sell but I don't find that kind of luck with my first set of names as I drop them all.

As a newbie I will advice you study very well before you put your money just as Boss Softmojo said.

God bless you all, wish you more sales.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2020
tranxo:

He is right. It's actually up to you.

But obviously you need a guide here. So I will share an angle I sometimes use.

Set your prices using the following as guides.

1) The marketplace commission

2) Available payment method

3) Ease of withdrawal

These 3 factors seem to vary across all the marketplaces.

From our reports here, the most popular marketplaces seem to be DAN, Afternic and Epik (in no particular order)

Others include Namesilo, Sedo, Dynadot etc. depending on where the domain was registered.

What you can do is, since Afternic has the highest commission, factor that in and set the price higher there. Prices can be set lower on Epik and Dan because of their lower commission.

If you take time to study this thread, you will see different experiences people have across these marketplaces in terms of (2) and (3) above.

If for example you prefer bitcoin payment, then DAN or Epik or Namesilo is the way to go. The trick is to now lure potential buyers to your preferred .marketplace by making your price lowest at that marketplace, assuming the buyer may see the name at more than one marketplace.

If the buyer, because of trust issues, decides to buy at a higher price at Afternic, instead of at Epik, DAN, or Namesilo with a lower price, so be it.

Still it's your choice. If the difference in commission is not a bother to you, you can set the same price across all.

NB:

The above excludes names you listed at BB, SH, BP etc. Those brandable marketplaces have their own exclusivity guidelines that you must study.
Eheee!!! Tranxo that answers question have emerge, grin grin what a detailed answer. Please let's avoid fight and name calling on this thread, am certain if we unit in this thread we will put the sky behind us.
Boss Tranxo I the hail u

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by id911(m): 10:05am On Jun 30, 2020
Ramon92:
Congratulations to all recent sellers and I pray those of us yet to make a sale will post our reports soon..

Today makes it approx a year I started this domain business and it's been a wonderful experience so far. It's indeed a marathon and not a race. Here's some of the first set of names I registered and couldn't resist the urge to laugh at myself (the rest are just too embarrassing, lol)

With the names I have now and experience so far, I believe my testimony is just this close. Don't get discouraged if you haven't made a sale, it'll come soon and I hope we all laugh last. Appreciation to all who has contributed positively to this thread..

Peace

grin grin grin O boy, your own worst pass my own o. The world is a school, we learn everyday. Experience they say is the best teacher. I still dey learn

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 10:11am On Jun 30, 2020
johnoj24:

Eheee!!! Tranxo that answers question have emerge, grin grin what a detailed answer. Please let's avoid fight and name calling on this thread, am certain if we unit in this thread we will put the sky behind us.
Boss Tranxo I the hail u
Abeg which fight be dat cos I no fight.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Chukael: 10:37am On Jun 30, 2020
johnoj24:

Boss Tranxo I the hail u

Oooohh why you fess me tokam grin

E shock you abi? E shock me too

Tranxo be dey answer questions b4 but this one too explicit abeg cheesy

I felt it in my spirit, soul and body!

Boss tranxo, shout out to you. I was impressed by how you and therealMcCain handled the last fracas. Una be Tiger but na mellowed one cheesy

More sales to all.

Happy domaining

18 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 10:40am On Jun 30, 2020
tranxo:

Abeg which fight be dat cos I no fight.
Yes you are not fighting I know am talking to fighters on this thread.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 10:44am On Jun 30, 2020
Chukael:

Una be Tiger but na mellowed one cheesy
More sales to all.

Happy domaining
Lol. It is well with us

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 10:45am On Jun 30, 2020
johnoj24:

Yes you are not fighting I know am talking to fighters on this thread.
You for call their names na. Why u dey call my name.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by silverrock(m): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2020
xammax:
First Sale Report (Technically second sale)

Austinbuildingcontractors/king
Sold: $250
Purchased: $6.06
Hold: 4 weeks
Venue: Dan
Method: Outbound

Labelled it first sale as I have received money for it ( N100,000) cause I made my first geodomain sale through afternic 3 weeks ago, still on transfer lockdown.

Thanks to silverrock for the email list ( you guys should patronise him, he's affordable) and Awesomeduru for assisting me in withdrawal(thanks man).

And please let's learn to tolerate ourselves, apologies to all that are offended.

God bless iykepromotions and all domainers here. More sale to us

Congrats.
More sales to us all

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by silverrock(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2020
Juanmata48:

You guys need to learn to verify mails before sending outbounds.
If you get a lot of bounces from your outbound you risk losing your account or getting flagged as spam.

neverbounse/king gives 1000 free verifications
quickemailverification/com gives 100 daily free verificationsl

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 11:18am On Jun 30, 2020
silverrock:

You guys need to learn to verify mails before sending outbounds.
If you get a lot of bounces from your outbound you risk losing your account or getting flagged as spam.

neverbounse/king gives 1000 free verifications
quickemailverification/com gives 100 daily free verificationsl
Right now it's not even about email verification. I send test email to my other Gmail addresses and they land in the 'Promotions' folder. Dis thing tire me jaree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 11:18am On Jun 30, 2020
tranxo:

You for call their names na. Why u dey call my name.
OK, am sorry for that
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2020
Crazeworld:
Right now it's not even about email verification. I send test email to my other Gmail addresses and they land in the 'Promotions' folder. Dis thing tire me jaree.

What's your subject line like?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by passiveincome1: 11:40am On Jun 30, 2020
Femcesc07:
So I think your best bet is to use your PayPal or a trusted exchange that can receive the fun and send naira equivalent to your account peace
Thanks for your response. Any recommendation on trusted PayPal exchanger?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
johnoj24:

OK, am sorry for that
Lol. No need for the apology bro. I'm not offended ooo. Just pointing out the obvious.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
ElonMosque:

What's your subject line like?
Domain Keywords. Using mail-tester, the email report is 9.9/10. Abi I am just paranoid ni?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
Got this from squadhelp

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hi guys I just bought a domain name yesterday rarehire//com still thinking of the price but I think the name is suitable for an HR firm kind of or maybe freelance site. what do you think?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Femcesc07(m): 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
passiveincome1:

Thanks for your response. Any recommendation on trusted PayPal exchanger?
Oh sorry I don't have but I think the boss OP mentioned the trusted exchanger he uses. I think you should able to get get by going through his post or ask bosses here to recommend one for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (3310) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.