Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (2120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3522095 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (3309) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dreydoe(m): 9:36am On Dec 18, 2020
U1:

You may be right, somewhat, but not entirely. This is talking from the perspective of a Nigerian.

If we bash DAN, what's the better option for us.

I just found out about Epik's connection to neo-Nazis (and white supremacists).

Selling on almost all other marketplaces is also like a loss because they'd want to pay to your bank account - at what rate?

In my opinion, I think the fellow would have done better directing his anger at DAN, privately.
God bless you bro.

We shouldn't be supporting nonsense.

Common we have all lost sales on Dan one time or the other and we din't go bitching about it on TrustPilot page.

If we all as sellers go to Dan TrustPilot page to give a negative review. How does that help us in selling our names?

Yall don't know this endusers check all this stuffs and make decisions based on those reviews ba.

It doesn't make any iota of sense as a seller going to Dan TrustPilot page to talk trash.

If you have any issues with them. It's best you talk to them privately.

Let's be guided abeg.

7 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2020
Kingsi22:
Please experts,Can I point one domain to different sites?
Capital NO!

My domain's nameserver is pointing to Dan. But sedo also is asking me to point to sedo. Please how do I go about that?
You can only point a domain to one marketplace's servers one at a time. So, pointing it to Dan means you cannot point it to Sedo. But you can point it to Sedo and Dan will stop working.

In summary, you can only point your domain name servers to your preferred marketplace and then list the domain name for sale in other marketplaces.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 9:46am On Dec 18, 2020
U1:

You may be right, somewhat, but not entirely. This is talking from the perspective of a Nigerian.

Selling on almost all other marketplaces is also like a loss because they'd want to pay to your bank account - at what rate?

In my opinion, I think the fellow would have done better directing his anger at DAN, privately.

I guess sellers with fraud reports from potential buyers have complained to Dan especially on the AMEX credit card. Unfortunately, Dan have been slow to address the issue. I think review like this will make them to sit tight. So on this, I'll sit on the fence!

10 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Parzival001(m): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2020
IdeasPro:

I guess sellers with fraud reports from potential buyers have complained to Dan especially on the AMEX credit card. Unfortunately, Dan have been slow to address the issue. I think review like this will make them to sit tight. So on this, I'll sit on the fence!
Soro soke

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Simpsonrocket(m): 10:11am On Dec 18, 2020
justmykel:

First sale! For real?
Congratulations
Naaaaa, just kidding.
1st epik sale and December sale though.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 18, 2020
Please I'm in UBA, what kind of Africard should I request for? USD or Naira

Kindly waiting for your urgent response.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dreydoe(m): 10:16am On Dec 18, 2020
Us wey dey sell $100-$500 na una dey carry una sef go put nonsense for Dan TrustPilot page.

People selling $1000-$500000 upwards no dey complain for the page o. Common sense

We Nigerians fa... I laff!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IDEALCASH(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2020
collinsuchendu:
Please I'm in UBA, what kind of Africard should I request for? USD or Naira

Kindly waiting for your urgent response.
international prepaid naira card
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2020
IDEALCASH:
international prepaid naira card

Okay but is it same as the Africard?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by golamike: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2020
U1:

I honestly don't understand why DAN has been indifferent about this payment gateway issue. I can bet that numerous sellers have private-chatted them on the issue without any change. I once read of them threatening to block a guy's account for complaining about the same issue. Please what's difficult in settling this issue? How long should it take a serious business man to fix an issue militating against the growth of his business? I feel DAN is not doing anything or enough to right this wrong, seeing that America is arguably the biggest domaining market. I stand with the seller's review.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2020
collinsuchendu:

Okay but is it same as the Africard?
Yes.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 18, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
Yes.

grin Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ojjp: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2020
oprah007:
Hello house, I need someone who can help me scrap enduser emails for some of my domains. Kindly DM, thank you.
contact me o8I66945oo6
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by gentlewind(m): 11:03am On Dec 18, 2020
IdeasPro:
Great pal, you don go Plc. Na goat you go buy for this xmas not be chicken oh.

Great boss! Nah so I see am o, the name is one of my buying sprees, I pitched to end users then, no reply.

With 41 days to expire, I decided to get a fresh email list through bing, Outbound, around 10 pm yesterday. I fall asleep in the process after a couple of negative response, I woke up to see the end-user reply

"My SEO guy is checking so I am potentially interested. I Will let you know shortly. Is there any leeway on the price?"

I was like "God, SEO-guy Again", I lost a sale due to SEO-guy recommendation last week after reaching an agreement with the end-user.

God forbid! No SEO-Guy can snatch this sale from me. I said to myself. God, please help me see this one through.

I quickly dashed into nairaland, searched for one of those solid responses that suit the end-user occasion.

The next message from him was "ok I'll take it for $350. Let me know how to pay".

You know the feeling! @ 2:13 am, I can not shout, because this sale was like hitting the bullseye. Just at the right time.

I am so happy to seal my 3rd sales this year.

To others like me, who are trying to finding their feet in this biz, Don't give up.

To the newbie, endeavor to read and understand what you are venturing into, there is no shortcut to that.

To the pathfinder of this thread, all Gurus, the Ogas, and Active Contributors. May GOD continue to bless you all.

I pray we have people like you all to steer the ship of this nation in the right direction, in the nearest future. Amen.

Pardon me for the epistle.

May grace found you too before this year runs out!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by donsheva: 11:07am On Dec 18, 2020
Epik connection to the white supremacists was because a domain name was hosted on their server, woke people told them to cancel the domain and they said everybody deserves free speech and they will not take the site down, that’s the underlying reasons of many of their business disagreements , it is all politics
U1:

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Unclesamo(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2020
Crazeworld:
I don't even understand this comment. If everyone uses Apple products and says it is good, does that mean no other person has the right to say it is bad if they've used it also?

Trust Pilot is a review platform where users can rate products or services they've used. The fact that you used Dan hitch-free doesn't mean others can't have problem with it.

The negative review is not spoiling business for anybody. Dan is a business that receives commission on every successful transaction. If they feel the review is bad for their business, they should work on it so other users don't drop such negative review in the future.

I tire for them oooo
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Unclesamo(m): 11:24am On Dec 18, 2020
Crazeworld:
I don't even have time to review brands but it would be a nice thing if I'm the one that gave that review.

If you believe Dan is that good (a fact I am not disputing), just go on Trust Pilot and give a heartwarming five star review. It doesn't hurt anyone.

At the bolded, you know I have the urge to reply in like manner but I understand kids are mostly uncouth when they're on keypad. I will let you enjoy your moment.

Simply Wisdom
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slumbee(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2020
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dreydoe(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2020
slumbee:
Who go buy your domain go buy am.
Domain wey go sell go sell
Abi no be for here we dey discuss Grace?
I once had a buyer who told me her bank sent her a fraudulent charge when she attempted to buy my domain. Her response to her Operations Manager: [/i]Natasha, I got a notice on the visa you may need to try this again they thought it was a fraudulent charge[i]

My 2 Kobo, not everyone has a pleasant experience with Dan and they are free to give their negative reviews
If it's buyer that gives the negative reviews then it's totally fine but as a seller going to shout fraud up and down on Dan trust pilot page is like shooting yourself in the foot.

This should stop! Nobody from here should do that again please. As sellers on Dan every positive reviews on their TrustPilot page is for our advantage..

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Simpsonrocket(m): 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
Dreydoe:
If it's buyer that gives the negative reviews then it's totally fine but as a seller going to shout fraud up and down on Dan trust pilot page is like shooting yourself in the foot.

This should stop! Nobody from here should do that again please. As sellers on Dan every positive reviews on their TrustPilot page is for our advantage..

Let me lose $50,000 sale. I promise you, I will give them negative review 3times. I will even edit that guy own and make it more negative. grin
Nonsense and ingredients.

7 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Digbick: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2020
Please I am willing and ready to learn how to sell domain too? ��
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by golamike: 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2020
Dreydoe:

We learn everyday.... I just learnt that reviews are meant to ALWAYS be positive.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Parzival001(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
golamike:

We learn everyday.... I just learnt that reviews are meant to ALWAYS be positive.
you go Sabi find trouble grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by thorrvik55(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2020
golamike:

Nah, u don't get wot he is implying.. He is not saying no one should give Dan bad review.

If you've been in this domaining biz for a while and u use Dan as ur main lander, you've probably been met with this Dan payment issue wahala (I have).. Did I stop using Dan cos of that? No..

I still use Dan, and I've sold(and still selling) more names with Dan..

If "every seller" that has been met with Dan payment issues rushes to Trust Pilot to bad mouth Dan, trust me, that would cause even more harm than good to those of us sellers that still use Dan.. The Amex card issue, I don't think it's something Dan could just snap their finger and get it fixed, that's why it's still there..

U think losing a sale cos of payment issue is bad, imagine losing a sale cos of wot ur fellow seller wrote on Trust Pilot.. Omoo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

U think losing a sale cos of payment issue is bad, imagine losing a sale cos of wot ur fellow seller wrote on Trust Pilot.. Omoo

I've lost due to Epik Wikipedia page.
And I've won by directing buyer to Dan trustpilot page.
If Dan trustpilot was to be filled with negatives,
I wouldn't know how to win some deals again smiley

8 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dreydoe(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2020
Simpsonrocket:

Let me lose $50,000 sale. I promise you, I will give them negative review 3times. I will even edit that guy own and make it more negative. grin
Check that review page. You will never see any white investor "seller "complaining of such.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by golamike: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

Nah, u don't get wot he is implying.. He is not saying no one should give Dan bad review.

If you've been in this domaining biz for a while and u use Dan as ur main lander, you've probably been met with this Dan payment issue wahala (I have).. Did I stop using Dan cos of that? No..

I still use Dan, and I've sold(and still selling) more names with Dan..

If "every seller" that has been met with Dan payment issues rushes to Trust Pilot to bad mouth Dan, trust me, that would cause even more harm than good to those of us sellers that still use Dan.. The Amex card issue, I don't think it's something Dan could just snap their finger and get it fixed, that's why it's still there..

Well... I understand your point but truth be told, DAN is not doing enough to fix this issue. We all love DAN for various reasons ( they used to be my most preferred marketplace until I lost a few sales to this issue). When your only negative side appears to outweigh your numerous positive sides, then you need to work on it without delay. Mind you, I still sell through them but I only point my EMDs to their servers. My Geos are definitely pointing elsewhere.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by shina101(m): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2020
2000+ pages..........some1 should gimme a page range to read.

Already done with 1-50 and 2100-present page
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Abdulasod: 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2020
shina101:
2000+ pages..........some1 should gimme a page range to read.

Already done with 1-50 and 2100-present page

1 - 2120

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2020
golamike:

I honestly don't understand why DAN has been indifferent about this payment gateway issue. I can bet that numerous sellers have private-chatted them on the issue without any change. I once read of them threatening to block a guy's account for complaining about the same issue. Please what's difficult in settling this issue? How long should it take a serious business man to fix an issue militating against the growth of his business? I feel DAN is not doing anything or enough to right this wrong, seeing that America is arguably the biggest domaining market. I stand with the seller's review.
If someone tells you that a company will see something hindering SOME of their business success, and decide not to do anything about it, would you believe?

DAN's AMEX issue is not a new thing. Anyone that is in tune with Namepros will remember when all hell was let loose by domainers over this, some of our brothers here were even in the forefront of calling out DAN because of this.

ONLY DAN knows their challenges on getting over this obstacle. A company will NEVER reveal EVERYTHING to the public. I will not believe that DAN hasn't tried a great deal to erase this challenge.

Remember, DAN is in Europe, while AMEX is a US company. Since we are not privileged to know everything about how DAN's cross border financial obligations are set up, we will never appreciate their "handicaps" if any.

That "seller" that made that negative report has every right to say whatever he/she wants to say, but wisdom is profitable to direct. This is like cutting one's nose to spite the face. It is a self-inflicted wound.

As Nigerians, we have limited platforms where we receive payment with ease, and someone is trying to scare away buyers just because he/she has freedom of speech?

Sometimes, speech is silver, and silence is golden.

24 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2020
Simpsonrocket:

You did not add the most important action....

REMOVE ALL YOUR NAMES FROM DAN.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (3309) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Bigmech and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.