Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3530073 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (3310) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by FESTAC101: 9:00am On Jan 18, 2019
How did you go about the Netsol promo issue?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 9:04am On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

Lol... It is natural for people to offer a very low amount when asked to make an offer. But that really depends on who you're dealing with, last week a Realtor offered $300 for a domain I listed for $399 (she didn't even know the BIN). So if your buyer makes 'peanuts' from his/her business, they will offer you peanuts. I got an offer of $25 yesterday from a (STATE in the US)+drone/com, if na yeye name I for counter with $100 but I'm definitely keeping that domain for a long time. So if you get a $50 offer, weigh the domain and counter with $200 or $150, my counter for this kind offer usually go like MAKE IT $150 AND WE HAVE A DEAL, if the person is really interested, he will offer around $100.

In another news, I woke up to a $200 offer which I accepted. Bought with Network Solutions $1 promo 2days ago, I did Facebook outbound yesterday, no positive response but one of them went ahead to make the offer without contacting me.
Note to newbies, don't sit and wait for $500+ sales, don't be greedy and don't counter offers unnecessarily, if the offer is good enough, accept and move to the next domain. Sales (no matter the amount) will boost your morale and keep you going in this business, domains expire everyday, target at least 1 domain registration daily.

Nice one, bro. More sales.

On the 'Facebook outbound,' could you tell me more about it? Did you use your personal Facebook profile (as a Nigerian) to do that? Please share.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by expertix(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2019
kolad59:
Good morning here,

I registered on Namejet some days ago and my account has been approved, I decided to post my domain but I was instructed to add my credit card before placing domain. After adding the credit card, I received alert that $1 has been authorized on my account by Namejet. Is this how they do their own?
No problem about that, that is the way to validate your credit card.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by expertix(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2019
manlawal:
See the reply I got from this oyinbo after outbound.
What else should I do another potential buyer said I should list the domain I have for sale and let them access the potential it will have for them.
Fear not the man is just bragging for nothing provided your domain does not infringe on their trademark. If they own it before that is not your own wahala; it meant the domain has dropped before you picked it.
Raw cash is smelling on you! This is where you will know that domaining is a cool biz! Good luck

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Playz(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

Lol... It is natural for people to offer a very low amount when asked to make an offer. But that really depends on who you're dealing with, last week a Realtor offered $300 for a domain I listed for $399 (she didn't even know the BIN). So if your buyer makes 'peanuts' from his/her business, they will offer you peanuts. I got an offer of $25 yesterday from a (STATE in the US)+drone/com, if na yeye name I for counter with $100 but I'm definitely keeping that domain for a long time. So if you get a $50 offer, weigh the domain and counter with $200 or $150, my counter for this kind offer usually go like MAKE IT $150 AND WE HAVE A DEAL, if the person is really interested, he will offer around $100.

In another news, I woke up to a $200 offer which I accepted. Bought with Network Solutions $1 promo 2days ago, I did Facebook outbound yesterday, no positive response but one of them went ahead to make the offer without contacting me.
Note to newbies, don't sit and wait for $500+ sales, don't be greedy and don't counter offers unnecessarily, if the offer is good enough, accept and move to the next domain. Sales (no matter the amount) will boost your morale and keep you going in this business, domains expire everyday, target at least 1 domain registration daily.
HoTT!
Congratulations!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gcool2(m): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2019
kindly com to my aid,my domain has been suspend,can i sell the domain name even though it has been suspended if not,pls how can i get it running so dat i can sell the domain.GODADDY said it is worth 800$,guys lemme too make money.I appreciate u as u help ur boy.
Playz:

HoTT!
Congratulations!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 10:52am On Jan 18, 2019
FESTAC101:
How did you go about the Netsol promo issue?
I buy with my card, it works sometimes and misbehaves the next minute.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gcool2(m): 10:55am On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

kindly com to my aid,my domain has been suspend,can i sell the domain name even though it has been suspended if not,pls how can i get it running so dat i can sell the domain.GODADDY said it is worth 800$,guys lemme too make money.I appreciate u as u help ur boy
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Playz(m): 10:58am On Jan 18, 2019
Gcool2:
kindly com to my aid,my domain has been suspend,can i sell the domain name even though it has been suspended if not,pls how can i get it running so dat i can sell the domain.GODADDY said it is worth 800$,guys lemme too make money.I appreciate u as u help ur boy.
Suspended, how?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 18, 2019
kolad59:
Good morning here,

I registered on Namejet some days ago and my account has been approved, I decided to post my domain but I was instructed to add my credit card before placing domain. After adding the credit card, I received alert that $1 has been authorized on my account by Namejet. Is this how they do their own?
Hi kolad, how did you successfully sign up, and get verified on Namejet?
Thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 11:02am On Jan 18, 2019
U1:

Nice one, bro. More sales.

On the 'Facebook outbound,' could you tell me more about it? Did you use your personal Facebook profile (as a Nigerian) to do that? Please share.
I use a Nigerian account dedicated to domaining, this means that the only post on the account is about my domains. The account is more than 8 years old, but without friends or normal post. The only pictures are my logo and logos of my brandable domains.
YOU CAN CALL IT A NIGERIAN DOMAIN BUSINESS ACCOUNT.

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gcool2(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2019
Playz:
Suspended, how?
GO TO www.styluxent.com and see,Thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gcool2(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2019
can we pls talk on whatsapp?08168340192
Playz:
Suspended, how?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 11:14am On Jan 18, 2019
Gcool2:
kindly com to my aid,my domain has been suspend,can i sell the domain name even though it has been suspended if not,pls how can i get it running so dat i can sell the domain.GODADDY said it is worth 800$,guys lemme too make money.I appreciate u as u help ur boy
No idea about this
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gcool2(m): 11:20am On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

No idea about this
before now,whenever i visit styluxent.com (my website),it tells me that it has been suspended that i should contact my host.later i listed the it for sale at bodis.com,at bodis.com,i was asked to change my name server which i did,as from that time it no longer show account suspended.kindly check styluxent.com to see the sale advert now.my concern is can i still sell it?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by africanman85: 11:22am On Jan 18, 2019
Each time I send 3 or 4 outbound through Facebook, Facebook will give me warning. Is there a way to avoid my acct being blocked by Facebook ?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Donkaz(m): 11:32am On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

I use a Nigerian account dedicated to domaining, this means that the only post on the account is about my domains. The account is more than 8 years old, but without friends or normal post. The only pictures are my logo and logos of my brandable domains.
YOU CAN CALL IT A NIGERIAN DOMAIN BUSINESS ACCOUNT.

please is there anything I'm getting wrong?
Did outbound on Facebook to about 6 pages, most of the messages didn't even deliver, a few that delivered only one replied with "let me talk to my partner", she later said no thank you after a few days.

Also did outbound with my mail to over 10 end users, I make use of email tracking on my mobile so I could see most of them were delivered even tho I can't seem to know if they were opened. But I haven't gotten a single reply on email, even after doing a follow up after a week. I forwarded one of the messages to my other email address to be sure it wasn't going to spam and it delivered directly to my inbox.

P.S I use my personal Facebook account. and it's a US city with high population + service domain.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by micynute94(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

Three things I'm missing here and I would like you to shed some light on it.

#1.
Are you using a free email account or a paid one? If you're using a paid one, do you create a custom email address for each domain you plan to sell or you use a single custom email address for all of your outbound?

#2. In your sales email, do you include the direct links to where you list your domain e.g. (undeveloped.com/xxxxx) or you just include the default web address i.e. undeveloped.com.

#3. Can you give me an example of the subject line you use in your outbound?

I handreg some pretty stupidd names and made some mistakes during my "outbounding".. I don't want such mistake to repeat it self. So I need someone who've had success with outbounding as far as domain sales is concerned to throw more light on this.

cc: Iykepromotions, tranxo, haykay2005, ollybode

Thanks.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

Same card works for diff. accounts? Can paypal work?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
africanman85:
Each time I send 3 or 4 outbound through Facebook, Facebook will give me warning. Is there a way to avoid my acct being blocked by Facebook ?
It is normal, Facebook stops me from sending messages after I send like 10 or 15 messages a day, I just wait for 12 to 24 hours and continue sending the messages again.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
Donkaz:

please is there anything I'm getting wrong?
Did outbound on Facebook to about 6 pages, most of the messages didn't even deliver, a few that delivered only one replied with "let me talk to my partner", she later said no thank you after a few days.

Also did outbound with my mail to over 10 end users, I make use of email tracking on my mobile so I could see most of them were delivered even tho I can't seem to know if they were opened. But I haven't gotten a single reply on email, even after doing a follow up after a week. I forwarded one of the messages to my other email address to be sure it wasn't going to spam and it delivered directly to my inbox.

P.S I use my personal Facebook account. and it's a US city with high population + service domain.
Bros out of 100 end users, only 1 might actually reply or show interest if the domain isn't valuable to them.
95% of sales depends on the domain, not email or sales letter.
I have over 100 unsold domains now and I still register 1 to 5 domains everyday (netsol or namesilo), getting sales is hard but with the right domains you can get an offer.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Floyd45(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
Man, I really lost the zeal after just two failed attempt at trying my hands on domaining. I need to reinvigorate my 'ginger'. Nothing beats earning in foreign exchange in these Buhari times. I see I need to do some catching up on new trends.
Looking for a mentor at this point.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
micynute94:

Three things I'm missing here and I would like you to shed some light on it.

#1.
Are you using a free email account or a paid one? If you're using a paid one, do you create a custom email address for each domain you plan to sell or you use a single custom email address for all of your outbound?

#2. In your sales email, do you include the direct links to where you list your domain e.g. (undeveloped.com/xxxxx) or you just include the default web address i.e. undeveloped.com.

#3. Can you give me an example of the subject line you use in your outbound?

I handreg some pretty stupidd names and made some mistakes during my "outbounding".. I don't want such mistake to repeat it self. So I need someone who've had success with outbounding as far as domain sales is concerned to throw more light on this.

cc: Iykepromotions, tranxo, haykay2005, ollybode

Thanks.
1. I have a domain company (lol), this means my email address is something sales@xyzdomain/com, myfirstname@xyzdomain/com or info@xyzdomain/com. I pay for both Zoho and Mailspring subscription (spending around $50/year if I remembered correctly). However, they all have free packages you can start with, I only pay because I get enough sales to cover the cost. If you must run your domaining as a business, you must invest, and you need sales to cover costs (this means that sometimes you accept sales of $50 for a domain with low buyer interest).
2. I just put the domain I am selling, e.g generalprofessorbuhari/com, buyers only see undevelop when they click the link.
3. INQUIRY (this gives over 70% of opening)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Donkaz(m): 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

Bros out of 100 end users, only 1 might actually reply or show interest if the domain isn't valuable to them.
95% of sales depends on the domain, not email or sales letter.
I have over 100 unsold domains now and I still register 1 to 5 domains everyday (netsol or namesilo), getting sales is hard but with the right domains you can get an offer.

Thanks
So nothing is wrong with the 'outbounding', I just need to reach out to more end users
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
Naijal:

Same card works for diff. accounts? Can paypal work?
The same account, the same card. I can't explain why it works 1 minute and misbehaves the next. Even my PayPal doesn't work at all.
But when I see a really good name, I just go to namesilo directly before netsol delay me and someone else grab the domain.
I usually keep some money in my namesilo account so I don't need to use card or PayPal all the time.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
Donkaz:

Thanks
So nothing is wrong with the 'outbounding', I just need to reach out to more end users
Exactly! And when you sell, reinvest part of the money into your domain business.
If you use $20 to buy 20 average or good names in 1 week, you will probably sell 1 before the next week will pass. Imagine selling 10 names at $100 within 1 month, it is very possible. Though individually the sales are small, when you add them together you have $1k in that month, is this not better than scaring buyers with a very high BIN for a domain that is not so good?
I have over 100 domains, some good and some bad, but I know that I can get between $100 to $500 every week if I hustle well with outbound.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by joesaint: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Choosing a name from domain.
Which name do u go for, state, city, real estate, or someone name??
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by joesaint: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

Exactly! And when you sell, reinvest part of the money into your domain business.
If you use $20 to buy 20 average or good names in 1 week, you will probably sell 1 before the next week will pass. Imagine selling 10 names at $100 within 1 month, it is very possible. Though individually the sales are small, when you add them together you have $1k in that month, is this not better than scaring buyers with a very high BIN for a domain that is not so good?
I have over 100 domains, some good and some bad, but I know that I can get between $100 to $500 every week if I hustle well with outbound.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Donkaz(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

Thank you for this, I really appreciate. Do you mind if I PMed you?
Could do with some experience in my ears
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
joesaint:

I don't understand your question very well but I think you should start reading from page 1 if you're new to this business.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Teekzel(m): 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

Boss please forward some domain sales letter to my gmail .Quazeemastic@gmail.com
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by micynute94(m): 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
otoboson:

1. I have a domain company (lol), this means my email address is something sales@xyzdomain/com, myfirstname@xyzdomain/com or info@xyzdomain/com. I pay for both Zoho and Mailspring subscription (spending around $50/year if I remembered correctly). However, they all have free packages you can start with, I only pay because I get enough sales to cover the cost. If you must run your domaining as a business, you must invest, and you need sales to cover costs (this means that sometimes you accept sales of $50 for a domain with low buyer interest).
2. I just put the domain I am selling, e.g generalprofessorbuhari/com, buyers only see undevelop when they click the link.
3. INQUIRY (this gives over 70% of opening)

Thanks a lot bro...

You just confirmed some of my thoughts... Really appreciate you taking your time to answer me...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (3310) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.