Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,179 members, 7,780,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3478923 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (3302) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by josephni12: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
please is there any .co or .com promo going on?
and is anyone still experiencing problem from Dan.com ie difficulty of end users buying from Dan's landing page.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Favour196: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2019
Why is it that many big domainers talk against handreg
The are more bent on GoDaddy auction?
This one dey vex me sometimes
The Chinese guy that sold coinmena.com for 25,000$ this was handreg
Bit49.com 16,000$ was also handreg

Some of these domainers Sha the can discourage some, even GoDaddy close out is not all that awesome.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by flydomains: 7:57am On Aug 12, 2019
Favour196:

Some of these domainers Sha the can discourage some, even GoDaddy close out is not all that awesome.

I think they are talking from experience, most people waste money on handreg.
Very few are successful
With handreg the top domainers see you as gamblers and unserious
Sometimes I wish the will start putting privacy on domain dates
Most domainers if they want your domain and look it up on WHOIS they will just change there mind,
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Branduche: 8:36am On Aug 12, 2019
As a domainer, be sensitive to trends, and sensitive to even strategies but never neglect handreg
Favour196:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by flydomains: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2019
Branduche:
As a domainer, be sensitive to trends, and sensitive to even strategies but never neglect handreg

Yeah these is very correct
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2019
Favour196:
@needful nice write up!!

Please if that statement offended anybody, sorry

Please you can drop your domains for appraisal, at least sharing ideas on the name will really help some newbies, like me

We are one family as far as domaining is concerned.
Let's help ourselves so as to avoid dashing registra $6.99 or $8.99

1 love
Nice, regarding what u said above,
Pls house help me see this.
Can i go ahead to register ?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2019
Favour196:

My thoughts EXACTLY
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2019
ikhalyfah:

Can i go ahead to register commercialfee.com?
What does it mean?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by richkal(m): 10:02am On Aug 12, 2019
IdeasPro:

....... an old school for that matter. I've been
around since 2006/ 2007 when I attended Sunny Obazu-Ojeagbase's Success
Digest Seminars.

I discovered about Internet marketing and clickbank affiliate marketing the same year too through Success Digest, when the one of the 2007 edition central spread featured Lateef Olajide's (The Rich Kid) trip to World Internet Summit in which he robbed minds with Ewen Chia (Do you still remember him?), the guy who made $1 million in 36 hours, and other giants too. I still have the Newspaper with me till now.

I did clickbank affiliate with article marketing/PPC for few years. After losing my shirt to PPC and my clickbank account got banner, I switched to Amazon Niche Affiliate marketing together with SEO in year 2011. And, that is the only thing I am doing up till now before I think of I diving into Domain Business in July of this Year.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tysonnn(m): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2019
ikhalyfah:

I wouldn't buy it for $0.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 10:08am On Aug 12, 2019
richkal:

I discovered about Internet marketing and clickbank affiliate marketing the same year too through Success Digest, when the one of the 2007 edition central spread featured Lateef Olajide's (The Rich Kid) trip to World Internet Summit in which he robbed minds with Ewen Chia (Do you still remember him?), the guy who made $1 million in 36 hours, and other giants too. I still have the Newspaper with me till now.

I did clickbank affiliate with article marketing/PPC for few years. After losing my shirt to PPC and my clickbank account got banner, I switched to Amazon Niche Affiliate marketing together with SEO in year 2011. And, that is the only thing I am doing up till now before I think of I diving into Domain Business in July of this Year.
Chai! Memory lane indeed
And our own Akin Alabi

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by flydomains: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2019
ikhalyfah:

IMO
Please don't buy it
Unless you want to gamble with it
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 10:30am On Aug 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2019
tysonnn:

I wouldn't buy it for $0.
Thanks for the reproach and feedback.
Reproaches like dis make we newbies learn better

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by josephni12: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2019
please anyone with answer to my question above?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by richkal(m): 10:49am On Aug 12, 2019
tranxo:

Chai! Memory lane indeed
And our own Akin Alabi

Those guys make money by teaching how to make money online, they don't actively practise what they sold. Especially, Honourable Akin Alabi the CEO of NairaBet, made most of the money back then selling eBook on how to make money betting online without actively engage in it.

Though Akin Alabi is the pioneer of football betting in Naija, It is from the proceed of the ebooks sales he set up NairaBet (Yes, he claimed that made 25 million Naira from he betting eBook sale in one of his seminars and everybody went frenzy). I got to know about all this in his newspaper called Income.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by eddy42(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2019
Favour196:

Thanks just did it now

I think I like porkbun interface now

Local man is growing gradually o grin
Namesilo
Dynadot
Porkbun

Please the domain I bought I tried listing it on Afternic only to see alreday listed

I haven't witness it before with Afternic just dan

Can someone give a head up
Like Afternic support mail or to call them
Please another local man is still finding it hard to edit the name server, I've ticked my domain and selected bulk manage, but I cannot can again please help
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2019
Current portfolio :
Hostelprice.com
Texasbestdeals.com
IllinoisMassage.com

Have a say...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by flydomains: 11:12am On Aug 12, 2019
eddy42:

Please another local man is still finding it hard to edit the name server, I've ticked my domain and selected bulk manage, but I cannot can again please help

Ah my fellow comrade the international Association of Local men

If it's porkbun just check for where the wrote DNS,
under the domain name there is small arrow just click it,
Clear all those there long local nameserver and install your own
Ns1.localman.com
Ns2.localman.com
grin
Kidding bro
Just put undeveloped

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by RESHARPENED: 11:12am On Aug 12, 2019
Favour196:

You learn fast and you learn well. Kudos for that!

But it seems like you think the incessant warning against Hand Registration by some of the relatively established domainers is an attempt to keep people from accessing the goldmine. At first glance, it might indeed look like that but you can rest assured that it is not so.

When I started domaining, I read a little and I was like 'short name that sounds nice? Easy Peasy! . Those were my thoughts concerning brandable and I started regging 'nice names' and the occasional 'gems'. At least, in my opinion.
Now, I am not so self-absorbed as to presume that my orientation is a representation of all newbies venturing into domaining. Some, like yourself, learn faster than I do.

But majority of newbies have the uncontrollable urge to dive straight into the business without sufficient and relevant information. They do this as a result of "Fear Of Missing Out" - the belief that if they do not take actions as swiftly as possible, the opportunity or a trend would pass them by. As good as it is to be action-oriented, it is even better to take information-propelled actions.

So the average newbie, like myself, goes on a handregging SPREE with the hope of somehow 'hitting the jackpot' . Why??
Because it's CHEAP
And it looks EASY.

And we all know how well that turns out - swimming in renewal fees with little to show for it.

So when domainers advise newbies to avoid handregs, it is not to discourage them in anyway but to help them lessen the pangs of pain that comes with expensive lessons.
Buying a single good name from auctions is almost always a better idea than a dozen 'nice handregs'.

Besides, our people here on Nairaland would only recommend consulting expireddommains, not auctions. And since the names from there cost the same amount as Handregs, it would be the more profitable option.

And with time, your brain would be capable of identifying a pattern in names that are profitable then you can begin your handregging journey. This may take years, months or weeks. Depends on the person's capabilities.

The Bit49 and CoinMena you cited as examples, I am sure you read their reasons for regging such a name.

There is a guy on the 'Reg of the day' thread on Namepros, he is not even a newbie but he registers names that are counter to any shred of reason in extensions you probably don't know exist. I have only seen a sales report from him and it was part of a bundle he bought from auctions, not handregged. Even though he has a lot of handregged 'gems' in his portfolio.

Let us learn to learn from the experiences of others while shaping our own niche.

Wish us all a profitable, prosperous week!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Favour196: 11:15am On Aug 12, 2019
eddy42:

Flydomains had said it all

Nameserver should be
ns1.undeveloped.com
ns2.undeveloped.com
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Favour196: 11:18am On Aug 12, 2019
RESHARPENED:

You learn fast and you learn well. Kudos for that!

But it seems like you think the incessant warning against Hand Registration by some of the relatively established domainers is an attempt to keep people from accessing the goldmine. At first glance, it might indeed look like that but you can rest assured that it is not so.

When I started domaining, I read a little and I was like 'short name that sounds nice? Easy Peasy! . Those were my thoughts concerning brandable and I started regging 'nice names' and the occasional 'gems'. At least, in my opinion.
Now, I am not so self-absorbed as to presume that my orientation is a representation of all newbies venturing into domaining. Some, like yourself, learn faster than I do.

But majority of newbies have the uncontrollable urge to dive straight into the business without sufficient and relevant information. They do this as a result of "Fear Of Missing Out" - the belief that if they do not take actions as swiftly as possible, the opportunity or a trend would pass them by. As good as it is to be action-oriented, it is even better to take information-propelled actions.

So, the average newbie

You speech are like that of the gods
You must be wise!!

Thanks for the write up
Am just scared now to handreg names unless it is Geo
At least with Geo I know where to start from and I get hope .
But with brandable that is raw without a niche
Men I fear fear

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by eddy42(m): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2019
flydomains:

Ah my fellow comrade the international Association of Local men

If it's porkbun just check for where the wrote DNS,
under the domain name there is small arrow just click it,
Clear all those there long local nameserver and install your own
Ns1.localman.com
Ns2.localman.com
grin
Kidding bro
Just put undeveloped
Thank you very much, local man can now smile.
It's my first time using porkbun, Thanks once more.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by eddy42(m): 11:41am On Aug 12, 2019
Favour196:

Flydomains had said it all

Nameserver should be
ns1.undeveloped.com
ns2.undeveloped.com

Thanks, I used ns1.Dan.com and for ns2 also, working great.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by RESHARPENED: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2019
Favour196:

You speech are like that of the gods
You must be wise!!

Thanks for the write up
Am just scared now to handreg names unless it is Geo
At least with Geo I know where to start from and I get hope .
But with brandable that is raw without a niche
Men I fear fear

You are welcome but we are all still learning.

Concerning the brandables, reading the naming of brands material on Squadhelp would be very helpful. It outlines the different categories of name. Also participating in the contests on Squadhelp gives you a feel of what endusers
are really looking for.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by luvluvluv: 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
Please what exactly is handreg?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by luvluvluv: 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
golddeejay:
Based on my experience, stay away from "London" keyword. They don't care about a .com domain that include "London", since they can handreg better ones in their preferred .co.uk or .UK. Unless ofcourse it is a killer domain.

Having .systems ext when you have "system" in the name itself make the second one unattractive and desperate. As a beginner, stay away from ngtlds unless you have the means to register premium ones and sit on them.

I think the first one is worth marketing/keeping...

Tnx a bunch bro. Really helps
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by luvluvluv: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
makaecoman:
How much did you reg it. I need to know if there's any .co promo currently running

Namecheap 3.88$
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by needful: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
But even the auction are other peoples hand registration which probably has been existing for yrs and the expired domain are mostly hand registration which got expired but the owner wishes not to register. I hand picked betarange dot com and submitted to Sq and they immediately within 3hours of submission approved it. This things boils down to what works for you. They key is, are u willing to hold a domain for more than 1yr?. When I first registered sij and jih.co, a dot co domain is like info domain and it's not selling. No one is buying it and because of that I put it for sale at $100. It expired and dropped, someone else picked it and put it for sale at $5000 plus.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by richkal(m): 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
luvluvluv:
Please what exactly is handreg?

Handreg simply means re-registering an expired domain name.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by excellencey: 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Don't miss this opportunity!! Join Thousands of people already importing and exporting. And cashing out via online sales!!

Learn how to Import from China, US, UK, Vietnam, Turkey, etc. Exportation to China, India, US, UK, South Africa, etc. CAC registration(Do it yourself). How to sell on IG, Facebook and E-commerce platforms like Jumia, Konga, etc...

Our detailed training is one that will guide you from start to finish on the whole issue of importation and Exportation in Nigeria.

The Digital marketing session exposes you to strategies on how to sell online (Jumia, Konga, etc...), it exposes you to how to run targeted ads on Facebook and Instagram that ensures your product sells fast.

MODE OF TRAINING: Voice notes, structured step by step screenshots, pictures, notes, short videos, etc.

Over 1000 students trained and still counting!!!

YOU WILL LEARN THE FOLLOWING:-
1. Importation from China, UK, US, Vietnam, and Turkey

2. Exportation to China, India, US, UK, Ghana, South Africa, etc (Basically, how to startup your exportation business, how to source products locally and how to connect with international buyers in hot demand for your product)

3. Over 40 direct Contacts of manufacturers of different products ranging from clothes, bags, shoes, quality human hairs, sewing accessories, decorations, custom necklace, fabrics, souvenirs, makeup products, children toys, eyelashes, UK used clothes, baby wears, sunglasses, cake tools, perfume and fragrances, lingerie and body shapers, etc

4. How to turn an initial capital of 50k to 1 million in less than 6 months

5. Very cheap Hot in-demand products that would drive massive sales and make you a fortune

6. Contacts of different shipping agents that can help you bring in your goods.

7. How to register your Business Name and company with CAC without having to pay any lawyer or agency

8. Graphics Design skills needed to promote your business online

9. Digital marketing strategies that will help you sell your imported products fast; this includes how to sell on e-commerce platforms like Jumia, Konga etc and how to run effective and targeted sponsored ads on Facebook and Instagram that would ensure maximum sales.

10.Contacts of potential international buyers for those interested in export business, shipping logistics, important export registration bodies, and global trading websites to find buyers in hot demand for your products

11. Videos that cover everything that was thought all through the 7-days intensive classes for better mastery

12. At the roundup of the class, all trainees will be added to the Gavi-Imports Trainees' import group for more benefits

Registration for August Master Class, Batch E, ends on Thursday (Discount amount is 2000 naira. discount ends soon, after which price goes back to 10k)

FEW SLOTS AVAILABLE, registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Interested Applicants can call or send a Whatsapp message to this number: 07064956005.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Branduche: 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
If you want me to advise you IMO
Some of us will not like you to do the mistake we made while we started domaining. I will honestly advise you to contact iykepromotions on this journey u wanna start. It's best to start right than pile up a city of $0 worth of domains. If you play a smart one on domaining without the right tools, the profession will smartly play you into recession.

And this also goes out to the newbies..

ikhalyfah:
Current portfolio :
Hostelprice.com
Texasbestdeals.com
IllinoisMassage.com

Have a say...

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (3302) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Bigmech and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.