Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan (14956 Views)

Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? / I Failed JAMB 3 Times, WAEC 2 Twice & Got Expelled - Man Celebrate His 2 Degrees / Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by 360frolic(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
The Senate on Wednesday said it has suspended the amendment of the Act establishing the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in order to allow for adequate consultation with stakeholders.

The red chamber had approved the extension of the validity of the results of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) being conducted by JAMB to three years.

The decision, the senate had said, was granted to reduce the financial burden of the examination on parents, students and JAMB.

Chairman, Senate Committee on Education (Basic and Secondary), Senator Aliyu Wamakko, confirmed the suspension to reporters during an oversight visit to the headquarters of JAMB in Abuja.

Wamakko, who was represented by Senator Ajayi Boroffice, stated that the senate would not make any laws that would impede on the progress of any institution.

He said: “Your JAMB result is only valid for one year and we thought it will be better for it to be valid at least for three years. It will reduce the burden on the parents, on the students themselves even on the institution that is conducting the test. I think it is what is good for all of us and I don’t think the public will reject it.

“As I said we don’t make laws for an individual or for the senate. We make law for the country in the interest of all of us. A bill must not necessarily be at the convenience of a particular organization, having said that, since we don’t want to make a law that will impede the progress of any institution we are bound to listen to what they are saying. We are bound to listen to them.”

Responding, JAMB Registrar, Is-haq Oloyede, said he was happy the senate listened to its appeal to suspend the amendment of its Act.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/10/breaking-news-nigerian-senate-suspends.html

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by ammyluv2002(f): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
"All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us" *in Michael Jackson's voice* smh

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by agwom(m): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chai!
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
But where is lalasticlala now

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by steppin: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
The presidency, legislature and the judiciary in the current government are bunch of nitwits.
They can never agree on one single thing. They keep changing like chameleons.
I tire for this country.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by tosyne2much(m): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
Smh

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by seunlayi(m): 4:19am On Oct 27, 2016
since those that brought the changeee tinz are confused, what can one expect again?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by Rhotiz: 5:19am On Oct 27, 2016
Wic kind edu system we get fr naija sef
Choi na Wa oo
Konfused set of pipu

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by GdexFolami(m): 5:54am On Oct 27, 2016
Any system wey dem like make dey use,all I want is for jamb exams to be marked properly,giving pple stupid scores aint encouraging. I need no quote,*leaves the thread*

5 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by hemartins(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2016
It is rather unfortunate that the Senate appears confused.
When you make laws in haste, you are only bound for oversights.
God help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by Araoluwa005(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2016
nonsensetical nonsense

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by ozila(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2016
mad people, it is a brouhaha.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by Wizdray: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2016
Loll
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by omamush(f): 8:04am On Oct 27, 2016
confused people.. I weak for Nigeria matter

4 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by datjohn92: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2016
Inconsistent lot angry

4 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by ozila(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2016
ammyluv2002:
"All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us" *in Michael Jackson's voice* smh

why would they care when your president don't have certificate?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by raphieMontella: 8:06am On Oct 27, 2016
confused country... Confused president....confused government...
Confused senate...and confused masses------NIGERIA
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by chinnyvera(f): 8:07am On Oct 27, 2016
Dz people are high...
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by lilprinze: 8:08am On Oct 27, 2016
Bunch of confused fools.
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by Built2last: 8:08am On Oct 27, 2016
God abeg, forgive us.

nothing is stable in this nation.

we take one step forward and 20 backswards

why are we on auto reverse

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by musa7m(m): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2016
tosyne2much:
Smh
pis what's the meaning of SMH

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by seunlly(m): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2016
These senate no get themselves...

Wish I'm a Senator
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:11am On Oct 27, 2016
Status quo continues. But why going ahead to extend the validity before, when you're not sure of what you're doing.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by casttlebarbz(m): 8:12am On Oct 27, 2016
I saw it coming
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by Kangol99(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by wolesmile(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2016
Who are they stakeholders they want to consult.
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by Innodon(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2016
Which way Nigeria
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by eitsei(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2016
I already knew it would later come to this
Re: Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan by RentALodge: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2016
The senate is confused. There is precedence for this decision; SAT, GRE and other university admission exams across the world are valid for more than one year. So I see no reason why candidates have to be forced to write jamb every year.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 UTME 16th May - Live Update / Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.