Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

EFL Quarter-final Draws - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EFL Quarter-final Draws (719 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time / Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Fined £190,000 For Refusing To Be Substituted In EFL Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EFL Quarter-final Draws by khattab02: 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
The draws for the EFL Cup quarter-final have been made. There are 3 home ties for three of the big clubs remaining in the competition.

Liverpool who lost 2016 final to Man City are drawn against Championship side Leeds United. Southampton who felt they should have atleast left with a point from the Emirate stadium when they faced Arsenal ealier on in the season (premier league) have a chance to revenge that last minute defeat.

Manchester United's reward for knocking holders and City rival Manchester City is a home tie against West Ham United as they would not worry about crowd trouble ate the London Stadium.

Either of Hull City or Newcastle United have a chance to write history.
Hull City have never reached the League Cup
semi-final while Newcastle haven't reached the last 4 of the competition since 1976.

Here are the draws in full........

Liverpool vs Leeds United

Manchester United vs West Ham United

Arsenal vs Southampton

Hull City vs Newcastle United

ties to be played between 29 and 30 Nov.
Re: EFL Quarter-final Draws by chloro: 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
YNWA
Re: EFL Quarter-final Draws by khattab02: 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
Most of my verdicts in the last round came out. I predicted Arsenal, Newcastle, Hull, Liverpool and West Ham vs Chelsea to be a tricky tie.

Here are my verdicts for the Quarter-final....

Arsenal vs Southampton

I always fancy Arsenal when they play at the Emirate.
Verdict; Arsenal goes through with a little bit of stress and struggle because Southampton won't come Handy.

Liverpool vs Leeds

Liverpool are firm favourites even with out the draw having to be at Anfield.

Verdict; Liverpool to the semi.

(1) (Reply)

Sure 3-5 Odds For Free. Photos / Racially Abused Striker Saves Life Of Opponent Goal Keeper In Czech League / Help Who Is This Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.