Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos (49512 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident / Igbinedion Gifts Tiger To Oba Of Benin, Ewuare & It Roars At People (Video,Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
iambabaG:
So because she is white.. he is smiling soo sheepishly??

When will black people wake the hell up.. they are not better; they only applied their brains which we have in abundance!
. U think the Oba is myopic, dude the "guy' is well travelled. The white lady must have done the bowing in the most awkward way ever. Who wouldn't laugh at the attempt!

Going by the pics one is inclined to wonder ' abi this Oba na Allah'

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by harlee(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
Sheybe dem say nobody dey see oba teeth...
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Forwetinnah: 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
Thought we were not supposed to see his teeth? Abi the law flew out the window after his coronation? undecided
4th wife loading
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by fafambo: 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
NA LARA (if u put am oshio na u sabe)MAMA BE DAT,SHE CAME TO TELL THE OBA DAT SHES GOING BCK TO HER COUNTRY SINCE THEIR TENURE DONE FINISH

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by 12inchDickson: 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
This oba is a racist Buh dem say e no dey smile na

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by vislabraye(m): 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
dainformant:
The newly installed Benin monarch, Oba Ewuare II, was all smiles as he was paid homage to by a white woman at his palace in Edo state. The woman prostrated before the happy Oba -to the delight of the crowd present. See pictures below;

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/10/oba-of-benin-all-smiles-as-white-woman.html

Oba of Benin is one of the most respected and influential traditional rulers.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by stexsy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
I thought we were not suppose to see his teeth?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by mickool(m): 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
Oba ghato kpere ise...

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by oyeezah(f): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
I thought he wasn't supposed to smile
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ogbonti: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
Oba Ewuare, then as Crown Prince Eheneden, an accomplished diplomat, British Ivy League educated, was Nigeria's Ambassador to Angola, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Italy for almost 20 years of his life. It is rumored he was in a relationship or married to a pretty white lady for almost 2 decade while serving overseas, (I CANT SUBSTANTIATE THIS CLAIM THOUGH) so he is very comfortable with white people around him. That was why a lot of white people came to his coronation. These are his normal everyday friends from Europe. PUT yourself in his Position, this woman may not have stepped into Africa all her life and could be a family friend to the Oba when he was in Europe. For him to now see her wearing BINI clothes, travelled all the way from Europe to Benin to witness his coronation, bowing down in reverence to him, when a few years ago or so, they hung out together as buddies in Europe, then trying to use that european accent to attempt saying "OBA GHA TO KPERE".. maybe she tried and said it perfectly well, could be an overwhelming experience... so he smiled, like every normal human being would, while remembering everything and making a good friend feel welcomed in his domain...AND THE afonjas and Igbos are angry?? PLEASE EXCUSE ME, this una beef with Ogidigan II no be here ooooo undecided

as for OBA Teeth,

that happens only at some moments during his coronation...... and some special days during Igue festival. It is like one saying the Oba must wear his bead robe everyday.... nah, at special moments during a special occasion, he has to cover his mouth. i hope that is clear!

2 Likes

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Joebeck(f): 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Why is the oba smiling? I thought his mouth are meant to be shut all the time.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ogbonti: 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Joebeck:

so if his mouth is shut, all the time, how will he communicate? how did his ancestors deliver judgement when they tried offenders at the palace... do u have sen se?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by gregyboy(m): 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
i knw say na yoruba dey post rubbish for dis grp pass wit una lie lie say oduduwa na sky diver wen use chain take cum dwn from sky
abeg una nor forget say oba benin is the number one in nigeria and most feared nd respected unlike una last ooni wen go baff for river to cumot he sickness make him for go e pinkin marriage still e still die der wat a pity una nor suppose to dey compare una self wit benin at all bcus imagine a smalll group of pple dat is nt even upto one yoruba state is highly recongnised in d world if u doubt me if u have a dictionary type edo and or benin u will see d result apart from edo yoruba hausa u wont see any other state der but nigeria only recongnise wazobia bcus dey are much and i wonder the edos are few but yet d world knows about the kingom i bet u if not for nigeria wit der corruption edo culture and art would have been thought in skuls in nigeria and improve on and if edo was to be an independent country on his own it would be second kingdom in africa to b recongnised after that of egypt so pls my yoruba country pple u shld b ashamed dat in your history what we saw is migration wic resulted from slave trade selling ur own pple to different part of the world and juju abeg make una dey shame for una lie say small edo cum from una and yet u pple went recongnise as a kingom in nigeria its what help you ppple was nigeria dat made u spread your culture of lies my country ppple i luv to break it to u der was noting like oyo empire it was just formed up if you doubt read about the kiriji war of the yorubas and the Benin story of oduduwa was d truth i dnt belive on stories of creation cus all the stories are myth including d benin and yoruba and world bcus if u hear from all these stories of creation u will see dey are subjecting to one thing dat is king from skies but i belive der was a creator of all these and i also believed dat d world migrated from each other dat made d twist of d original storey of creation. what i gat to understand through learning was that everybdy has der own version of it around d world except dey wan tell me say everybody in d world today will b judge by der own creator whom came from sky so dat means if u were to b worshipping oduduwa and u go dey worship god from Christianity den u don sin to ur god and i also believe dat the word oba came from yorubas cus der was no trace dat benin use oba in der history and i wonder y dey stop the the word ogiso and and later to oba so dat proves dat yoruba is original founder of dat name oba but still it was never used to refer to der king in yoruba land it was just a name of a prince who died and later worship him as a god as dey did to ogun and sango stories dat dey worship it was na later been used as king after dey saw dat the world oba prospered in benin so dey later adopted it for themself also and use it to adress royalty am not trying to biased but say d truth

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by mekd: 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
That little boy sitting on the floor in front of oba ...who is he
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Joebeck(f): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
So, you can't pass your message across without insult?
ogbonti:

so if his mouth is shut, all the time, how will he communicate? how did his ancestors deliver judgement when they tried offenders at the palace... do u have sen se?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ireneony(f): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
ring7:
Chai Nigeria,if it was blacks,he will close those teeth with 10 Handkerchief s,
Continue diaries god.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by sharatech(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
andysnoopy:
I think say them say Oba no dey smile??
my brother I beg help me ask them ooo.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by mufutau55(m): 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
So the Oba can actually uncover his mouth to smile in public because of Oyinbo woman... African/Naija mentality.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ogbonti: 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
sharatech:

who is the "dem" ?? see lie lie people...

tell me who said so? a drunk at a beer who does not know his father, fabricates a story and all of a sudden it becomes a standard to judge a king, plz excuse me!
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Abomination,Oba has just shown his teeths?we've to cleanse the land of this abomination,where is his handkerchief?hypocrisy of the highest order.

They only flex their little muscles when it comes to their fellow poor black.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ogbonti: 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
Joebeck:
So, you can't pass your message across without insult?

Joebeck:

you insulted yourself first, because ONLY a dead person will NEVER SMILE AND SHUT HIS MOUTH PERMANENTLY WHEN HE IS NOT DUMB.. Even Adolf Hitler, in his Luciferous glory smiled more than anyone in his cabinet. So why will you keep trying to ridicule my King because you want to enforce an impossible standard on him? Please excuse me. Let me ask you, SINCE YOU AFONJAS CLAIM ODUDUWA CAME FROM THE SKY WITH A LADDER, WHY HAS THAT SAME LADDER STOPPED BRINGING DOWN MORE ODUDUWA-LIKE ooni's IN IFE....WHERE IS THE LADDER, AND why did the current OONI not descend from Heaven with it? lol, you want to be ridiculous? I will let you have it.

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by onelife97: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
Oba should not forget to tell the white lady to tell the Queen of England to bring back all Benin antiquities that were stolen by Her f.ckin majesty and her subordinate looter's.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ogbonti: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
onelife97:
Oba should not forget to tell the white lady to tell the Queen of England to bring back all Benin antiquities that were stolen by Her f.ckin majesty and her subordinate looter's.

.... so because she is white skinned she must be British? Even if she is British, she has access to see the Queen of England? And even if she has access to see her, she can influence her decisions?

Hmm, its time to get out of here, I value my sanity so much!

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by BornStunner1: 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
ogbonti:

Joebeck:

you insulted yourself first, because ONLY a dead person will NEVER SMILE AND SHUT HIS MOUTH PERMANENTLY WHEN HE IS NOT DUMB.. Even Adolf Hitler, in his Luciferous glory smiled more than anyone in his cabinet. So why will you keep trying to ridicule my King because you want to enforce an impossible standard on him? Please excuse me. Let me ask you, SINCE YOU AFONJAS CLAIM ODUDUWA CAME FROM THE SKY WITH A LADDER, WHY HAS THAT SAME LADDER STOPPED BRINGING DOWN MORE ODUDUWA-LIKE ooni's IN IFE....WHERE IS THE LADDER, AND why did the current OONI not descend from Heaven with it? lol, you want to be ridiculous? I will let you have it.

DNT MIND THIS PHYSCOS THAT ARE STILL ARGUING THAT ODUDUWA WAS NOT EKEHELEHAN BUT PREFER TO BELIEVE DAT LADDER CRAP

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by eph12(m): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
BornStunner1:
i knw say na yoruba dey post rubbish for dis thread pass wit una lie lie say oduduwa na sky diver wen use chain take cum dwn from sky
abeg una nor forget say oba benin is the number one in nigeria and most feared nd respected unlike una last ooni wen go baff for river to cumot he sickness so he fit go he pinkin marriage still he still die for there wat a pity una nor suppose to dey compare una self wit benin at all bcus imagine a people group of pple dat is just one state is highly recongnised in d world if u doubt me if u have a dictionary type edo and or benin u will see d result apart from Edo, hausa ,yoruba u wont see any other state there.. But nigeria only recongnise wazobia bcus dey are much and i wonder the edos are not much in population but yet d world knows about the kingom i bet u if not for nigeria wit der corruption Edo culture and art would have been thought in schools in nigeria and improve on and if Edo was to be an independent country on his own it would be second kingdom in Africa to b recongnised after that of Egypt so pls my yoruba country pple u shld b ashamed dat in your history what we saw is migration which resulted from slave trade selling ur own pple to different part of the world and juju abeg make una dey shame for una lie say edo cum from una and yet u pple were not recongnise as a kingom in nigeria
its nigeria dat helped made u spread your culture of lies my country ppple i luv to break it to u there was noting like oyo empire it was just formed up if you doubt read about the kiriji war of the yorubas
And the Benin story of oduduwa was d truth i dnt belive on stories of creation cus all the stories are myth if u hear from all these stories of creation u will see dey are subjecting to one thing dat is king from skies but i belive der was a creator of all these and i also believed dat d world migrated from each other dat made d twist of d original storey of creation. what i gat to understand through learning was that everybdy has der own version of it around d world except dey wan tell me say everybody in d world today will b judge by der own creator whom came from sky so dat means if u were to b worshipping oduduwa and u go dey worship god from Christianity den u don sin to ur god
And its also Fact dat the word oba came from Edo cus der was no trace dat Yoruba ever use oba in der history and i wonder
it was na later been used as king after dey saw dat the world oba prospered in benin so dey later adopted it for themself also and use it to adress royalty am not trying to biased but say d truth
Which kind wahala be this na?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
BornStunner1:
i knw say na yoruba dey post rubbish for dis thread pass wit una lie lie say oduduwa na sky diver wen use chain take cum dwn from sky
abeg una nor forget say oba benin is the number one in nigeria and most feared nd respected unlike una last ooni wen go baff for river to cumot he sickness so he fit go he pinkin marriage still he still die for there wat a pity una nor suppose to dey compare una self wit benin at all bcus imagine a people group of pple dat is just one state is highly recongnised in d world if u doubt me if u have a dictionary type edo and or benin u will see d result apart from Edo, hausa ,yoruba u wont see any other state there.. But nigeria only recongnise wazobia bcus dey are much and i wonder the edos are not much in population but yet d world knows about the kingom i bet u if not for nigeria wit der corruption Edo culture and art would have been thought in schools in nigeria and improve on and if Edo was to be an independent country on his own it would be second kingdom in Africa to b recongnised after that of Egypt so pls my yoruba country pple u shld b ashamed dat in your history what we saw is migration which resulted from slave trade selling ur own pple to different part of the world and juju abeg make una dey shame for una lie say edo cum from una and yet u pple were not recongnise as a kingom in nigeria
its nigeria dat helped made u spread your culture of lies my country ppple i luv to break it to u there was noting like oyo empire it was just formed up if you doubt read about the kiriji war of the yorubas
And the Benin story of oduduwa was d truth i dnt belive on stories of creation cus all the stories are myth if u hear from all these stories of creation u will see dey are subjecting to one thing dat is king from skies but i belive der was a creator of all these and i also believed dat d world migrated from each other dat made d twist of d original storey of creation. what i gat to understand through learning was that everybdy has der own version of it around d world except dey wan tell me say everybody in d world today will b judge by der own creator whom came from sky so dat means if u were to b worshipping oduduwa and u go dey worship god from Christianity den u don sin to ur god
And its also Fact dat the word oba came from Edo cus der was no trace dat Yoruba ever use oba in der history and i wonder
it was na later been used as king after dey saw dat the world oba prospered in benin so dey later adopted it for themself also and use it to adress royalty am not trying to biased but say d truth
What are u trying to say?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ogbonti: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
BornStunner1:

DNT MIND THIS PHYSCOS THAT ARE STILL ARGUING THAT ODUDUWA WAS NOT EKEHELEHAN BUT PREFER TO BELIEVE DAT LADDER CRAP

like Oba N'Ogidigan, Ewuare II said during his coronation ceremony, "we all know the truth, but we are not in a position to enforce our belief on others beyond our borders" I will gladly decline the banter of words of which dynasty is superior a la Benin, Ife. Let us respect one another and stop bringing down our royal fathers. I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by lailo: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
Shebi u guys said tis a taboo to see his teeth outside?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by gregyboy(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
iambabaG:

When will black people wake the hell up.. they are not better; they only applied their brains which we have in abundance!
sharatech:
iambabaG:

funny...ignorance cum benin cum learn culture bcus d is not d first time is been visted by white woman go to d palace and der is a white historian woman who visted d palace just bcus she like benin history it was said by d lady dat she as been to almost all d african country listening to der culture but nevered impress her like d benin den she made a request if she dies she would like yo buried in benin wic d oba erediawa nd is chiefs objected cus a non indigen cant b buried in benin d woman later pleaded dat dats her wish dey later agreed and did some sacrice and buried her aseqet on benin dnt u also wonder dahomey change to benin republic and y and whom agreed to it and wen
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Joebeck(f): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
ogbonti:

Joebeck:

That was what I read few days ago that your king don't smile. Why are you now contradicting yourself?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by shizzy7(f): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
Thermodynamics:
How many black foreigners gets the opportunity of an audience with the Queen of England. We value white people too much in this country.
. Gaawwddd.... you're a very sentimental person.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by crisycent: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
Umogun!!!!! Ewuare n'gidigan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin / Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script / Oba Saheed Elegushi Marries Hadiza Tanko As Second Wife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.