Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral (55212 Views)

Kpagane Desire: RSUST Student That Went Missing Is Back After Suicide Post / Owura Kwadwo Hottish: Meet Computer Teacher In Ghana Whose Drawing Went Viral / The Cambridge Black Boys’ Photo That Went Viral! Mostly Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by lewispius: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
The pensive looking boy’s whose picture became a hit meme all across Africa has been located and it turns out he is Ghanaian.

According to an article written by one Arthur Chatora for This Is Africa website, the boy, said to be called Jake, was shot by a Ghanaian artiste by name Solomon Adufah who was at the time having an arts workshop with a group of children in Ghana.

If you had ever wondered about the origin of the famous meme of a young African boy seated at a desk, with a pensive look on his face, frantically writing on a piece of paper, your search is finally over.

Jake’s photo is currently amongst one of the continent’s most famous and widely shared memes due to its nature.

The most popular meme from this picture is the one where they portray Jake as one who reminds many of a mean class captain who was always ready to issue out names of his colleagues to be punished.

The Ghanaian artist behind the photo, Solomon Adufah shared the picture on Instagram in January as part of the artist’s ‘homeland series’ where he travels to various African countries to help underprivileged children in local communities, providing them with resources and teaching creative studies workshops.

“Jake was one of the children I taught in Ghana. He was always gentle and quiet.. Ever present in class and was eager to learn everyday. That’s what I loved about all the children. Their enthusiasm and high spirit was refreshing and encouraged me to continue helping them,” Adufar noted.

http://gistreel.com/2016/10/27/meet-jake-the-boy-behind-the-class-captain-meme-that-went-viral/

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2016
The guy be like:
1. Ginaz
2. Ginaz
3. Ginaz
4. Cute no! Ginaz

"Maybe I should write someone else's name. No! She's been forming for me"

5. Ginaz
6. Ginaz
7. Ginaz
8. Ginaz
9. Ginaz
10. Ginaz!!!

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
Haute:
The guy be like:
1. Ginaz
2. Ginaz
3. Ginaz
4. Cute no! Ginaz

5. Ginaz
6. Ginaz
7. Ginaz
8. Ginaz
9. Ginaz
10. Ginaz!!!

Hahaha! Teacher will Ginaz your bumbum with his cane today.

7 Likes

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by ladyF(f): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
Awnnn...

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Temmi001: 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
Cute little one. His seriousness while penning the supposed noisemakers is unparalleled.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by SweetJoystick(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
Nice, kudos to him
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Neimar: 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
k
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by kelvyn7: 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
undecided
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by veekid(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
Seen
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Dezzx(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
Haute:

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Dezzx(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
Haute:

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by TeGaTeGa1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
Some pple fast sha... Na wa for una network

1 Like

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by oolloo: 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
SRTJ

1 Like

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by LoveJesus87(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
Who im epp
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by daclint(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
This guy face fit light matches

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by bbbabes(f): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
Viral? Just seeing this

14 Likes

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by sylvar02(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
Like if you never heard of this

Share if you've heard

Anyways

[size=20pt]E kú rècéssìon èní ooo grin grin grin[/size]

37 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by anibi9674: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
me I don't knw dis boy here in my village.
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Wizzyblack3(m): 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
The boy is meme on his own,,,Jake Meme,,,,,,,,,, look at him in the 2nd pix, the boy be like If you want the pen, come and have them.

Btw, we'd like to meet the boy behind this meme

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Lilimax(f): 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
smiley
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
I have never seen this before today.

7 Likes

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by bornbest: 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by sisisioge: 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
Omg! Jakie grin grin grin grin grin

Guy just looks adorably cute...the cheeks na something else.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
bbbabes:
Viral? Just seeing this
prolly you outta sub since July....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
Haute:
The guy be like:
1. Ginaz
2. Ginaz
3. Ginaz
4. Cute no! Ginaz

5. Ginaz
6. Ginaz
7. Ginaz
8. Ginaz
9. Ginaz
10. Ginaz!!!
See as woman matter enter your head reach, you forgot to claim first to comment. Shior!

8 Likes

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Pavore9: 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
Remembering my days in primary school when l was the class monitor! cheesy cheesy The class bullies waited for me outside the school compound after closing time for having their names on the noise makers sheet! cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by Phiniter(m): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lol look at his Face... Reminds me of my class captain in school then.

Teacher: write name of noise makers

C.C.: number one Phiniter

I'm not even in school self that day. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by seunlly(m): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
If u wanna know more Like it.
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by johnstar(m): 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
K
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by stormybucci(m): 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
The kids face though
Re: Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral by sakalisis(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
shocked cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Calls Off Strike / List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education / OOU Loses A 300level Female Student- See Her Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.