Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Deity Worshipping Not A Sin Against God – Ooni Of Ife - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Deity Worshipping Not A Sin Against God – Ooni Of Ife (974 Views)

Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity / Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deity Worshipping Not A Sin Against God – Ooni Of Ife by EniObanKeAde: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has stated that worshiping deities (idols), is not a sin against God Almighty as it was part of nature.
He cautioned people to stop misrepresenting the importance of festivals and deities celebrated in the ancient city of Ile-Ife and all parts of Africa.
His royal majesty made this known on Wednesday while speaking at the 2016 celebration of ORANFE, the god of fire in Ile-Ife, Osun State.
Oranfe, the god of fire, is believed to be one of Yoruba’s 401 deities sent by God to establish the first world’s community called Ife Oodaye, and as one of the historical festivals in Ile-Ife, Oranfe is celebrated annually.
He said, “Those who keep sensitizing people against us that we are worshipping idols are not kind to history. I am proud to be associated with nature. Ife has 201 out the 401 deities and they are all relevant.‎
“These deities are divine messengers of God sent for different purposes. One of them is ORANFE, the god of fire being celebrated here today.”
“It is a pity that all powers in the possession of black men are being used for battles and power tussles. It is from these unique powers that the west sourced technology and development from, and they are now using it against us.
“We are also following the instructions of God needed for the sustenance of mankind as everybody, including powerful leaders rely on nature to survive.
“Some of these deities also show the mysteries of God, God wouldn’t have made mistake in the creation of the deities, they are representatives of sciences being taught in schools.
“It is very sad that the western world has messed up our psyche and inflicted slavish mentality on us making us to believe we are idol worshippers as our pitiable neglect of our own culture and traditions.
[b][/b]
“This is a major factor responsible for the poverty in the land. We left the positive sides and allow the west to implant the negative side in our brain.
“Our people really need to be enlightened, a lot of these festivals have been misconstrued, misrepresented and demonised as if we are idol worshippers. We are not idol worshippers. We are rather believers in nature. ‎Read more https:///fAf2b9

dailypost.ng
Re: Deity Worshipping Not A Sin Against God – Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
LOL. Who is he that speaketh when the Lord has not spoken?
'I am the Lord, and there no gods besides me'

These prove that none should be worshipped except the Lord, creator of heavens and earth.
The same God who came to earth in human form and died so that we might be saved from life of poverty, sickness, diseases, sin and everlasting destruction.
All it takes is to believe in him and be baptised.

Indeed, what we call gods are the demons who were casted from heaven to earth. They've been on earth before the first man was created, even before the first floods and are still present till this moment.
They do not represent God in any ramification and they are doomed for destruction. They and they that follow and worship.

Like the bible says, 'Choose you this day whom you will serve'
Re: Deity Worshipping Not A Sin Against God – Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
@Mr previous post. God did not die for anybody, His son did.

@Ooni, can you please stop speaking from both sides of the mouth like a confused ignorant uneducated fellow? Supposed leader of the Yoruba people? I rather he sticks to his Ife kingdom.

Western folks drew lessons from deities you worshipped and yet they enslaved your black asses and attained civilization before you all?

Am glad to be Ijebu. The Awujale utters no such nonsense.
Re: Deity Worshipping Not A Sin Against God – Ooni Of Ife by macof(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2016
Vorpal:
@Mr previous post. God did not die for anybody, His son did.

@Ooni, can you please stop speaking from both sides of the mouth like a confused ignorant uneducated fellow? Supposed leader of the Yoruba people? I rather he sticks to his Ife kingdom.

Western folks drew lessons from deities you worshipped and yet they enslaved your black asses and attained civilization before you all?

Am glad to be Ijebu. The Awujale utters no such nonsense.

what are you saying gangan? undecided
Re: Deity Worshipping Not A Sin Against God – Ooni Of Ife by Rossikk(m): 11:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
Did the Ooni of Ife really say this? I'm shocked because I know him for propagating christianity and stuff. If this came out of his mouth, then he has restored my hope in African cultural preservation. Thanks Your Royal Highness!

(1) (Reply)

Taraban's In Great Fear As Fulani And Mumuye Clash Intensifies || Www.naijaram.c / Benue. What Do You Like About The Tiv Culture Nd What Name Do You Like In Tiv? / Popular Food Vendor Buried In A Pot-like Coffin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.