Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? (19758 Views)

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria / Pictures Of 3 Train Stations In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Timbuktu14(m): 12:02am On Nov 02, 2016
MtuMsuper:

He does not impact my daily life. That should do.
Maybe...! Surebet247 is licensed in that your Kenya - I guess you know what that means for your economy as whole. You still maintain that he doesn't impact your daily life? Tax payers money aren't used to develop roads and other social amenities in your country? You don't make use of the roads built with tax payers money in your country? Please check the statememt again grin

That right there should also do wink

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 02, 2016
baslone:

I didnt want it to even get to that. U for leave am make him dey jabo dey go. Making it sound like the country is any different from any other African nation.
Just like we did in Ghana, Benin and Cameroun, The company has invested in their economy more than we have done in Federal Capital Territory with enough of their citizens under our payroll more than our own Ogun state. A lot of things that cant be discussed on a public forum- theirs is from the ministers, ambassadors to the normal dude on the streets.
O ma tey ni!

I've been wondering who owned some of those betting companies fleecing us out of our hard earned cash and I hope surebet isn't one of those going to invest in European League teams. Are you people for real? Europe? Exporting foreign exchange? Money you are collecting from jobless youth and market women?

Timbuktu14 these people have been operating on a tax free lacuna, so no. No benefits to me. In fact, am worried for my brothers who cannot save money due to the false hopes created by betting. Consider also the fact that instead of investing in the country, you are transfering the badly needef wealth of the people outside.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by baslone: 6:29am On Nov 02, 2016
Tax free indeed? And you believe that?

Sports Pesa, Bet in amongst others are one of the biggest drivers in the private sector of your economy. They also single handedly sponsor your local football leagues, teams as well as your Rugby union.

It's good you are now painting the real picture of what the state of the nation looks like. I thought you meant you represent a perfect model.

I Also noted you stylishly faulting SportsPesa for wrong doings but you looking in the wrong direction.

How in the world wld a company( American and Bulgarians) move so much money just like that out of your system, even to the extent of using your money to sponsor Hull City FC, an English football team without any traces or being blocked?

Political patronage- Blame it on your corrupt ministers, govt officials and bad governance. Blame it on absence of management systems and procedures. You blaming the wrong set.

Now how does this make you different from any other African nation?

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by ccollins(m): 7:40am On Nov 02, 2016
hmm, but Kenya is still doing well than Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by MtuMsuper: 8:00am On Nov 02, 2016
Timbuktu14:
Maybe...! Surebet247 is licensed in that your Kenya - I guess you know what that means for your economy as whole. You still maintain that he doesn't impact your daily life? Tax payers money aren't used to develop roads and other social amenities in your country? You don't make use of the roads built with tax payers money in your country? Please check the statememt again grin

Lie from the pit of hell. I bet regularly and have NEVER heard of them. We do sportpesa, elitebet, betin etc.... we have kenyan bookies mate, we don't need you guys at all. Where do you get the effrontery to lie so brazenly?

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Timbuktu14(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Lie from the pit of hell. I bet regularly and have NEVER heard of them. We do sportpesa, elitebet, betin etc.... we have kenyan bookies mate, we don't need you guys at all. Where do you get the effrontery to lie so brazenly?
Licensed dude! Licensed!! Wait for what's coming!!
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by MtuMsuper: 8:21am On Nov 02, 2016
baslone:

I didnt want it to even get to that. U for leave am make him dey jabo dey go. Making it sound like the country is any different from any other African nation.

Just like we did in Ghana, Benin and Cameroun, The company has invested in their economy more than we have done in Federal Capital Territory with enough of their citizens under our payroll more than our own Ogun state. A lot of things that cant be discussed on a public forum- theirs is from the ministers, ambassadors to the normal dude on the streets.

O ma tey ni!

Mister, you don't own people here. You want to create the impression that we are helpless little idiots who shouldn't know any better, and must bend back on your whim. You just declared you own a betting company, no one can prove that. We know you as a moniker on NL and nothing else and this goes both ways.
Our beef: we don't want or need small time hustlers here. Many kenyans are very enterprising and 90% of the people have more than one revenue stream. You wouldn't know this because you like generalization esp with the dismissive attitude towards an "African " country. If you should step here one day remember to treat the next man/woman with respect and not the arrogance your countrymen are famous for. Also remember we are a proud nation and its hard to find an unpatriotic person amongst us, so tread carefully with your pronouncements.
End.

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Timbuktu14(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Mister, you don't own people here. You want to create the impression that we are helpless little idiots who shouldn't know any better, and must bend back on your whim. You just declared you own a betting company, no one can prove that. We know you as a moniker on NL and nothing else and this goes both ways.
Our beef: we don't want or need small time hustlers here. Many kenyans are very enterprising and 90% of the people have more than one revenue stream. You wouldn't know this because you like generalization esp with the dismissive attitude towards an "African " country. If you should step here one day remember to treat the next man/woman with respect and not the arrogance your countrymen are famous for. Also remember we are a proud nation and its hard to find an unpatriotic person amongst us, so tread carefully with your pronouncements.
End.
Superiority complex is the issue here... You are too focused on painting to us, what you guys aren't. And, you are also allowing yourself to be blindfolded by these deceptions!

Honestly, you need to step outta your comfort zone to fully understands how the world works.

There are many Nigerians, South Africans, Ghanians and even Seychellois doing fine in your country. Thus, improving your economy. Can same be said about Kenyans in other countries?

Oh! I get it! You are the richest African country and your economy is so robust that there are little needs for your people to go and 'hustle'.

Dey dere make pant dey wear you!

I'm out!

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by baslone: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2016
ccollins:
hmm, but Kenya is still doing well than Nigeria

Yes because they have created an investment friendly atmosphere for their state with lots of input of foreign direct investment.

For the average dude on the streets if you thinking of relocating except for maybe educational purpose- Truth is the grass is not greener on the other side. They also have their challenges!

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Hbuyosh(m): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2016
Catastrophe1:
do you how much business relationship your brothers enjoy with us. If your government toughen ur visa requirements then am afraid u will loose. I can tell u nobody comes to your country empty handed.
So chill.
Nope. Nigeria is not anywhere among the biggest investors in Kenya. Soo, if we decide to lock u guys out, there will be virtually no effect on the Kenyan economy...

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2016
Timbuktu14:
Licensed dude! Licensed!! Wait for what's coming!!
A license is just that. Let's watch it make its millions before we can blow our trumpets

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Hbuyosh(m): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2016
Timbuktu14:

Surebet247........never heard of it. And I do not think that these betting companies really have any positive impact on the society, apart from fleecing people of their hard earned incomes, providing them with the false hope that they stand to gain big. There arent many significant Nigerian investments here in Kenya. And in any case I do not think that they would have any chance against the local establishments.
Not even the South African companies were able to survive here; the Kenya companies even proceeded to pry off the Eastern African market from SA, now this........Kenya overtakes South Africa as biggest investor in African countries .

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Hbuyosh(m): 11:15am On Nov 02, 2016
.rpt
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Hbuyosh(m): 11:18am On Nov 02, 2016
baslone:

O ma tey ni!

Like how much have they invested in Kenya? How many people have they employed? How many people in Kenya have benefitted? Do u have the data? Kindly reveal all that here.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by MtuMsuper: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2016
Timbuktu14:
Superiority complex is the issue here... You are too focused on painting to us, what you guys aren't. And, you are also allowing yourself to be blindfolded by these deceptions!

Honestly, you need to step outta your comfort zone to fully understands how the world works.

There are many Nigerians, South Africans, Ghanians and even Seychellois doing fine in your country. Thus, improving your economy. Can same be said about Kenyans in other countries?

Oh! I get it! You are the richest African country and your economy is so robust that there are little needs for your people to go and 'hustle'.

Dey dere make pant dey wear you!

I'm out!
Yes Kenya is the largest intra african investor there is. http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Kenya-overtakes-SA-as-biggest-investor-in-African-countries/539552-3320280-j6jgs3z/
You know, my beef with some of you 9ja people i have come across in my travels and work experience is your ignorance about Africa and african countries. When confronted, you retreat into arrogance and chest thumping. On a personal note, i have spent 1/3 of my life outside my country of birth, i don't need lessons from you or anyone else on living with others or about how the world works.I like Bob Dylan and his witticisms so am gonna give you one: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel "....it captures what i surmise of you so far. I see where you are coming from: you just love knee jerk reactions. Arm yourself with facts.

Back to the thread, which is about someone trying to do small time hustle here. Tell me something, how does someone who adds little or no value in his homeland think he can travel to another man's land and think he can add value there?

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by MtuMsuper: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2016
Hbuyosh:
Like how much have they invested in Kenya? How many people have they employed? How many people in Kenya have benefitted? Do u have the data? Kindly reveal all that here.
Yup, he better do that. Or else it's just hot air

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Kenyanstar: 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
Timbuktu14:

Your ignorance is just worse than appalling..... I have never heard a Kenyan, South African or even an Egyptian suggesting of immigrating to Nigeria!
Why is it that all Nationalities have a huge interest in Kenya? Most probably because it provides opportunities and has the most basic infrastructure that Nigeria lacks. Malindi town, Kenya has the biggest population of Italians in Africa, Mombasa city has the diverse races of nationals from the globe. Thousands of Chinese workers in Kenyan roads & rail sector, millions of Somalis who have grown up in Kenya, hundreds of South Sudanese who have found refuge in Eldoret Town, thousands of Ethiopians in Wajir town doing business, hundreds of Nigerians doing legitimate business. What makes you think all this millions of Africans find Kenya as their safe haven. Food for thought!!!

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by ccollins(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Your ignorance is just worse than appalling..... I have never heard a Kenyan, South African or even an Egyptian suggesting of immigrating to Nigeria!
Why is it that all Nationalities have a huge interest in Kenya? Most probably because it provides opportunities and has the most basic infrastructure that Nigeria lacks. Malindi town, Kenya has the biggest population of Italians in Africa, Mombasa city has the diverse races of nationals from the globe. Thousands of Chinese workers in Kenyan roads & rail sector, millions of Somalis who have grown up in Kenya, hundreds of South Sudanese who have found refuge in Eldoret Town, thousands of Ethiopians in Wajir town doing business, hundreds of Nigerians doing legitimate business. What makes you think all this millions of Africans find Kenya as their safe haven. Food for thought!!!
how do I start up in kenya even if I come in with a tourist visa, I have more than 1mill and would like to start a business, how do I go about it
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Hbuyosh(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Yup, he better do that. Or else it's just hot air
I know he cant.
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
I'll believe it when I see an advert on a NATIONAL news paper cool
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Catastrophe1: 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hbuyosh:
Nope. Nigeria is not anywhere among the biggest investors in Kenya. Soo, if we decide to lock u guys out, there will be virtually no effect on the Kenyan economy...
hahahaha. Im flying into Nairobi nextweek get ready to lock me out. Hahhahaa
And I got this mombasa chick that warms my bed and she cool too.
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Kenyanstar: 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
ccollins:
how do I start up in kenya even if I come in with a tourist visa, I have more than 1mill and would like to start a business, how do I go about it

There are many opportunities you can get in Kenya, but using a tourist visa in the process will complicate your situation more. First of all you will need to register your company from the Attorney generals office(foreigners need an advocates affidavit) or register of companies with your valid documentation(passport) including your visa. Due to terrorism background checks are very stringent, you will also have to get a KRA pin certificate(for filing tax returns). If its a company you will be given a certificate of incorporation, you also be required to apply for a business permit from the county government. Those are some of the basic requirements.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by ccollins(m): 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
Kenyanstar:

There are many opportunities you can get in Kenya, but using a tourist visa in the process will complicate your situation more. First of all you will need to register your company from the Attorney generals office(foreigners need an advocates affidavit) or register of companies with your valid documentation(passport) including your visa. Due to terrorism background checks are very stringent, you will also have to get a KRA pin certificate(for filing tax returns). If its a company you will be given a certificate of incorporation, you also be required to apply for a business permit from the county government. Those are some of the basic requirements.
am talking about small scale business like a salon or selling clothes. didn't get the tourist visa part you said, can't I convert it to business permit

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by MtuMsuper: 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
ccollins:
Is tailoring west African outfits your forté? I think you might do well there. Am a big fan of African fashion, as are many men of my age. Try that or get a friend who does. There is one lady called Pauline who sells such stuff in Nairobi but she's too expensive. legit business that adds value to yourself and to society :YES.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by ccollins(m): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Is tailoring west African outfits your forté? I think you might do well there. Am a big fan of African fashion, as are many men of my age. Try that or get a friend who does. There is one lady called Pauline who sells such stuff in Nairobi but she's too expensive. legit business that adds value to yourself and to society :YES.
what about other viable business options
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Hbuyosh(m): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
ccollins:
what about other viable business options
West African restuarant.......I guess. Thewre are not that many in Kenya.
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
ccollins:
what about other viapble business options
I agree about the restaurant. I would definitely want to try a dish of liver and fish cooked mixed in one pot!
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by ccollins(m): 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hbuyosh:
West African restuarant.......I guess. Thewre are not that many in Kenya.
so once am in with a tourist visa, what qualifications do I need to start a business in nairobi and yes, I have capital of 800000#
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
ccollins:
so once am in with a tourist visa, what qualifications do I need to start a business in nairobi and yes, I have capital of 800000#
You cannot invest in anything on a tourist visa anywhere in the EAC
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by ccollins(m): 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
GERALD710:

You cannot invest in anything on a tourist visa anywhere in the EAC
no,I can go to kenya development board and apply for a permit,or at the airport, with sufficient bank account balance, I can be given a business visa, please Kenyans, help me on this
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
Re: Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? by ccollins(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

-The Gallery Of Monrovia Liberia- / 10 Things You Should Know About The Lagos Blue Rail / My Road Bad Pass Your Own - Richard Akinnola On Lagos Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.