Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) (3621 Views)

The Four Imams Of Ahalal Sunna Wal Ja’ma’a (the Sunni Muslims) By Baba Ali Musta / "Why Did You Leave Sunni Islam For Shia Islam?" / Shia, Suicide Bombings And Iraan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
Which Salah(Namaz) is perfectly sunnatic? How exactly does Prophet Muhammad(Peace be upon him) performed his Salah?

Shia vs Sunni Namaz

Sunni and Shia Namaz or salat differ from each other on the basis of actions and words involved. Sunni Muslims follow various interpretations by different schools of laws whereas Shia Muslims follow different legal traditions. Sunni Muslims follow Hanbli, Hanfi, Malikii and Shafi schools of thought whereas Shia Muslims follow Jaafri Madhhab.

Shia Muslims pray three times a day as they join two salats such as Maghrib and Isha salat together whereas Sunni Muslims pray five times a day. The two salats combined by Shia Mulsims are called the Maghrebain. Shia Muslims use a plank of wood or a hard tablet made of clay from karbala to rest their heads during prostration whereas Sunni Muslims touch their heads directly to the floor.

The other differences between Shia and Sunni salat include the position of their hands. Sunni Muslims fold their arms whereas Shia Muslims do not find it valid to fold arms during salat. There are also differences in the Athan or prayer call such as Sunni Muslims add ‘AL-SALATU KHAYRUN MINA NAWM’ in the Fajar Athan whereas Shia Muslims add ‘HAYYA ALA KHAYR AL-‘AMAL.’ It is a must or Wajib for Shia to say ‘Khayr al amaal’ whereas Sunni Muslims do not consider it a must since it was stopped at the order of caliph Omar. Shia and Sunni Muslims both regard Athan as a Sunah, near Wajib or it is a must.

‘Nawm’ is a must for Sunni Athan but Shia Muslims do not say it because it was not said at the time of Prophet Muhammad and Omar. The caliph introduced it during his times. Some of the other differences between Shia and Sunni namaz are the use of word Amen. Amen is a Hebrew word and Shia scholars do not consider it Wajib whereas Sunni Muslims say amen after Surah Fatiha during namaz. Amen is a compulsory word to say after Surah Fatiha for Sunni Muslims. Shia Muslims read complete Surah or verses of Quran after Surah Fatiha whereas Sunni Muslims are not bound to read the whole Surah. They may read only a few verses or just one verse from any where in the Quran after Surah Fatiha.

There are also many other minor differences between the Shia and Sunni namaz as mentioned above. Sunni Muslims point their fingers or rotate these in circles during namaz whereas Shia Muslims do not and then Shia sit comfortably on the folded feet whereas Sunni sit on twisted foot and so on.

Summary:

1. Shia Muslims pray three times a day and combine Maghrib and Isha salat whereas Sunni Muslims pray five times a day.

2. Sunni Muslims fold their arms whereas Shia Muslims do not fold their arms during namaz.

3. Shia Muslims add ‘Khayr al amaal’ whereas Sunni Muslims add ‘Nawm.’

4. Sunni Muslims touch their heads to the ground whereas Shia Muslims use a wooden block or tablet of clay to rest their heads during prostration.

5. Shia Muslim scholars prohibit the use of word Amen during the namaz whereas Sunni Muslims consider it as a must.
Source
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2016
In addition,

When at the end of Salat, Shia don't turn thier head right and left in Salaam like Sunni do.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
tintingz:
In addition,

When at the end of Salat, Shia don't turn thier head right and left in Salaam like Sunni do.

So now what is the aim of the post?
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

So now what is the aim of the post?
The aim of this thread is clear, you should answer the OP question or ignore. smiley
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
tintingz:
The aim of this thread is clear, you should answer the OP question or ignore. smiley

You're the Op. So stop pretending to be the third speaker. Now you want to learn Sallah (Namaz) as Prophet does? Then I refer you to Siffatus Salatun Nabiya (How The Prophet Perform Namaz) is a book you can go and purchase it. Or search it on Google to download the PDF file.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

You're the Op. So stop pretending to be the third person. Now you want to learn Sallah (Namaz) as Prophet does? Then I refer you to Siffatus Salatun Nabiya (How The Prayer Of The Looks) is a book you can go and purchase it. Or search it on Google to download the PDF file.
If you know what OP means then you will understand my statement directing you to answer the OP question.

The book must be a sunni way of performing salat or am I wrong?
Are Shia salat sunnatic?
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
tintingz:
If you know what OP means then you will understand my statement directing you to answer the OP question.

The book must be a sunni way of performing salat or am I wrong?
Are Shia salat sunnatic?

Op means opener of post. Or Original Poster. True or False? Are you not the 1 who open the post? Or it's just copy and paste question?

You're wrong. The book was based on the Authentic Hadith of the Prophet. Whether Shi'a Salat is sunnatic or not, you will find out when you learn how the Prophet Perform his Namaz in the Book (Hadith).

If the shi'a Namaz matches with the Prophet Namaz then it's sunnatic. If it goes against the Prophet Namaz then it's bidi'a.

You can only understand whether a Namaz is sunnatic or not by knowing how the Prophet taught the Salah.

Hope that answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

Op means opener of post. Or Original Poster. True or False? Are you not the 1 who open the post? Or it's just copy and paste question?
Then you should know I'm directing you to my original post question.

You're wrong. The book was based on the Authentic Hadith of the Prophet. Whether Shi'a Salat is sunnatic or not, you will find out when you learn how the Prophet Perform his Namaz in the Book (Hadith).
Then why are some Hadith on Namaz contradicting each other.
E.g I have read Hadith that says the Prophet(SA) clasp/fold his hand to his chest in salat and another Hadith said He(SA) didn't.

If the shi'a Namaz matches with the Prophet Namaz then it's sunnatic. If it goes against the Prophet Namaz then it's bidi'a.
Sorry, Where does Shi'a got their reference of performing namaz from?

You can only understand whether a Namaz is sunnatic or not by knowing how the Prophet taught the Salah.
This can only happen when someone is in a sect.

Hope that answer your question.
Yes but No.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
tintingz:
Then you should know I'm directing you to my original post question.

Then why are some Hadith on Namaz contradicting each other.
E.g I have read Hadith that says the Prophet(SA) clasp/fold his hand to his chest in salat and another Hadith said He(SA) didn't.

I don't know the Hadith you said.

Sorry, Where does Shi'a got their reference of performing namaz from?

I don't know. Ask them.

This can only happen when someone is in a sect.

So for me to read the Hadith of the Prophet as a Muslim, I must join sect. Hadith of the Prophet are meant for Muslims or sect. ?

That means as a Muslim you cannot pray, and do other things that are explain in Hadith except you belong to a sect?
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

I don't know the Hadith you said.
The Hadiths are lengthy, you can Google them.

I don't know. Ask them.
Ok

So for me to read the Hadith of the Prophet as a Muslim, I must join sect. Hadith of the Prophet are meant for Muslims or sect. ?
The Hadiths are meant for muslims but its one of the key that divided Muslims into sects.

A Muslim comment in a thread saying anybody can be a or claim to be a Muslim but sect-tag will separate him from other sect.

That means as a Muslim you cannot pray, and do other things that are explain in Hadith except you belong to a sect?
In assumption you just converted to Islam, assume the sheikh and tafseer that will put you through.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
tintingz:

A Muslim comment in a thread saying anybody can be a or claim to be a Muslim but sect-tag will separate him from other sect.

We need to look Islam not what this Muslim and that Muslim says. Islam don't have sect yet Muslims might have.

Actually in Islam, there is nothing like Shia and Sunni –

The Qura’n says in Surah Al-Imran, Ch. No. 3, V. No. 103… (Arabic)… ‘Hold together to the rope of Allah, and be not divided’

– there is nothing like ‘Shia’…. ‘Sunni’ in Islam.

[b] Qur’an say clearly in Surah Anaam, Ch. No. 6, V. No. 159 that… Who ever makes sects… divisions in Religion of Islam, he has nothing to do with Allah (SWT).

In assumption you just converted to Islam, assume the sheikh and tafseer that will put you through.

When a non Muslim revert to Islam: It means he has submit his will to Allah through the teachings of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. And what and which way to follow is also mentioned.

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. [size=16]And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, [/size] if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result. Quran

I think this verse has said it all. No need to put more explanation. It's clear. Allah have shown the right part. If you believe in Allah and you believe you will be resurrected, then its the best way of the Islamic religion that yield best results which is paradise.

I am going to open a thread specific on this.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 10:02am On Oct 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

We need to look Islam not what this Muslim and that Muslim says. Islam don't have sect yet Muslims might have.

Actually in Islam, there is nothing like Shia and Sunni –

The Qura’n says in Surah Al-Imran, Ch. No. 3, V. No. 103… (Arabic)… ‘Hold together to the rope of Allah, and be not divided’

– there is nothing like ‘Shia’…. ‘Sunni’ in Islam.

[b] Qur’an say clearly in Surah Anaam, Ch. No. 6, V. No. 159 that… Who ever makes sects… divisions in Religion of Islam, he has nothing to do with Allah (SWT).
Islam doesn't have sect(which Quran frowned at) but if we look again we will see Islam having sects, I use to argue to the non-muslims that Islam doesn't have sect but now I know better and it is even obvious in this section (Islam section) even around the world it is obvious.

Even you yourself you're guilty of it, I have read many of your post, you criticize and condemned other sect(with harsh words). You can point out people's hypocrisy in a well presentation.

When a non Muslim revert to Islam: It means he has submit his will to Allah through the teachings of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. And what and which way to follow is also mentioned.
These are the first stage for the reverts/converts the second stage is the ideology and methodology he or she will follow.

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. [size=16]And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, [/size] if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result. Quran

I think this verse has said it all. No need to put more explanation. It's clear. Allah have shown the right part. If you believe in Allah and you believe you will be resurrected, then its the best way of the Islamic religion that yield best results which is paradise.

I am going to open a thread specific on this.
The above is clear but why are there still conflict among Muslims. ?

Each sect claims their rightful place is the Paradise.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2016
tintingz:
Islam doesn't have sect(which Quran frowned at) but if we look again we will see Islam having sects, I use to argue to the non-muslims that Islam doesn't have sect but now I know better and it is even obvious in this section (Islam section) even around the world it is obvious.

You have to judge Islam with Quran and Sunnah not with what Muslims do.

Even you yourself you're guilty of it, I have read many of your post, you criticize and condemned other sect(with harsh words). You can point out people's hypocrisy in a well presentation.

I am NOT guilty of it. I criticize and condemned sect's with harsh word because it goes against Islam (Quran and Hadith). But check my post you will never see where I claim to be in a sect. I remember writing in one of my post that " If Islam have sect, then my sect is the Islam itself.

This are the stage for the reverts/converts the second stage is the ideology and methodology he or she will follow.

The ideology is mentioned also:. "Adi'ulLAHA Wa Rasuluhu" Obey Allah and his messenger. This is what Allah said. Then how do you this? Read what Allah said and how his messenger taught it (Quran and Sunnah)

The above is clear but why are there still conflict among Muslims. ?

Each sect claims their rightful place is the Paradise.

Allah knows there will be disagreement thatx why in such a case He says refer to HIM (Allah) and His Messenger in the verse.

Conflicts is nature of Human. Example: Even among religions, Muslims will say my religion is true religion to paradise and Christian too will say that with full conviction.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

You have to judge Islam with Quran and Sunnah not with what Muslims do.
Yeah, of course.

I am NOT guilty of it. I criticize and condemned sect's with harsh word because it goes against Islam (Quran and Hadith). But check my post you will never see where I claim to be in a sect. I remember writing in one of my post that " If Islam have sect, then my sect is the Islam itself.
This view is what a Muslim from another sect will also say.

Using harsh words will portray you like someone who's angry and frustrated.

The ideology is mentioned also:. "Adi'ulLAHA Wa Rasuluhu" Obey Allah and his messenger. This is what Allah said. Then how do you this? Read what Allah said and how his messenger taught it (Quran and Sunnah)
If the ideology also said above then why are there different exegesis?

Why is namaz of Shi'a different from that of Sunni?

Allah knows there will be disagreement thatx why in such a case He says refer to HIM (Allah) and His Messenger in the verse.
Ok

Conflicts is nature of Human. Example: Even among religions, Muslims will say my religion is true religion to paradise and Christian too will say that with full conviction.
The case of christian and Muslim is different because our belief and version of paradise are different.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2016
tintingz:

This view is what a Muslim from another sect will also say.

Using harsh words will portray you like someone who's angry and frustrated.

NO SIR. If that is what the other sect follow then there will be no disagreement. If you follow Quran And Sunna and I also do same then no arguement. The Quran is one and does not contradict. It only have contradistinctions. But a situation you dont believe the Quran is 100% correct then I cannot help.

If the ideology also said above then why are there different exegesis?

I already tell you people must deviate despite the clear verse above. Shaytan Must get his share. If we all become right people, then where is his share? Some muslims must go to hell before paradise. Not all muslim will go to paradise direct.

Division and differences among this ummah is something inevitable, as do the texts of the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: [size=17] “Whoever among you lives after I am gone will see a great deal of dissent.” [/size] Narrated by Abu Dawood (4067); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

It was narrated from Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood among us and said: “Those who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this ummah will split into seventy-three:
[size=17] seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, [/size] and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”

Why is namaz of Shi'a different from that of Sunni?

I dont actually know the sources of the shia prayer you talk of. I think they might have answer to where they got their prayer. As for me I dont know. All I know the Prophet says. PRAY AS YOU SEE ME PRAY and that is the true source of prayer.

The case of christian and Muslim is different because our belief and version of paradise are different.
I am just giving example. But this will answer the question directly.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: [size=18]Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” [/size]This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Hope that answers your question

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

NO SIR. If that is what the other sect follow then there will be no disagreement. If you follow Quran And Sunna and I also do same then no arguement. The Quran is one and does not contradict. It only have contradistinctions. But a situation you dont believe the Quran is 100% correct then I cannot help.
If I follow the Quran and sunna and I'm a Shi'a, Ahmadiyya, Sufi what will be my fate?

I already tell you people must deviate despite the clear verse above. Shaytan Must get his share. If we all become right people, then where is his share? Some muslims must go to hell before paradise. Not all muslim will go to paradise direct.
This is not even about the verse that talked about division but about how people claim their sect their belief is the right one and other sect are hell bound.

Who exactly is a kafirun?

I have seen you calling other sect that.

Division and differences among this ummah is something inevitable, as do the texts of the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: [size=17] “Whoever among you lives after I am gone will see a great deal of dissent.” [/size] Narrated by Abu Dawood (4067); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

It was narrated from Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood among us and said: “Those who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this ummah will split into seventy-three:
[size=17] seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, [/size] and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”
The question now is which sect is going to heaven and which is going to hell?
*Edited*

I dont actually know the sources of the shia prayer you talk of. I think they might have answer to where they got their prayer. As for me I dont know. All I know the Prophet says. PRAY AS YOU SEE ME PRAY and that is the true source of prayer.
@bolded, Quran, Hadith and tafseer.

I am just giving example. But this will answer the question directly.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: [size=18]Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” [/size]This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Hope that answers your question
I have asked a question on this above.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
tintingz:
If I follow the Quran and sunna and I'm a Shi'a, Ahmadiyya, Sufi what will be my fate?

If you follow Quran and Sunnah then you're a Muslim not shi'a not Sufi not any sect. Why call yourself name.

Even if you call yourself names but you follow the right part says in the verse Quran and Sunnah. Then you're not sufi, you're Muslim.

If you claim other things apart from this when claiming to be in a sect, you engaged in innovative shirk. Then you're in the wrong part. If truly you're following the verses and the Hadith of the prophet then you're a Muslim.

If you follow other things beside this then you have nothing to do with Allah. The verse in my previous post says this not me and the Hadith below say, what you brought should be rejected.

On the authority of the mother of the faithful, 'Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: He who innovates something in this matter of ours [Islam ] that is not of it will have it [size=20] rejected [by Allah].” [/size] [Bukhari & Muslim]

Or do they have partners with God [size=16] who have prescribed for them in the Religion what God has not allowed (and so they judge and act however they wish)? [/size]Had it not been for a decree (already issued by God, postponing the final, decisive judgment) between people, it would indeed have been judged between them. Surely for the wrongdoers there is a painful punishment. Quran 42:21

This is not even about the verse that talked about division but about how people claim their sect their belief is the right one and other sect are hell bound.

The right sect is the sect that follow The Quran and the prophet according to the Quranic verse.

Again the Hadith says the right sect is the One Who follows the Islamic religion based on the prophet and his companions. The others that deviate from this will go to hell. I am not the one who said so but the Hadith.

Who exactly is a kafirun?

Any Muslim or any sect that in it innovations perform shirk are part of the 72 that will end up in the hell.
Any sect who claim equality or superiority to Allah or to prophet Muhammad peace be upon him or any of the messengers is part of the 72 in hell. Any sect who believes the Quran have errors is part of the 72 in hell.

The question now is which sect is going to heaven and which is going to Paradise?

The Hadith has told us that sect and that is the sect of who follows the Prophet and companions. I don't have to call name for you. The name is follower of Muhammad and his companions. It's left for you to follow this sect or choose among the other 72.

The sect that will go to hell are the remaining sects that go against the Quran and the Hadith and died in that without repenting.

@bolded, Quran, Hadith and tafseer.

Which one is tafseer?

al-Khatib narrated from `Umar: I heard Allah's Messenger say: "Do not ask about what is in the stars, and [size=17] do not explain the Qur'an according to your opinion, [/size] and do not insult any of my Companions: that is true faith

This is tafseer, explanations of Quran based on how the Prophet does and His companions.

If you follow this then you're a Muslim not Shi'a.

A today's Muslim is a person who submit his will to Allah (SWT) through the Sunnah of Muhammad peace be upon him.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

If you follow Quran and Sunnah then you're a Muslim not shi'a not Sufi not any sect. Why call yourself name.

Even if you call yourself names but you follow the right part says in the verse Quran and Sunnah. Then you're not sufi, you're Muslim.

If you claim other things apart from this when claiming to be in a sect, you engaged in innovative shirk. Then you're in the wrong part. If truly you're following the verses and the Hadith of the prophet then you're a Muslim.

If you follow other things beside this then you have nothing to do with Allah. The verse in my previous post says this not me and the Hadith below say, what you brought should be rejected.

On the authority of the mother of the faithful, 'Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: He who innovates something in this matter of ours [Islam ] that is not of it will have it [size=20] rejected [by Allah].” [/size] [Bukhari & Muslim]

Or do they have partners with God [size=16] who have prescribed for them in the Religion what God has not allowed (and so they judge and act however they wish)? [/size]Had it not been for a decree (already issued by God, postponing the final, decisive judgment) between people, it would indeed have been judged between them. Surely for the wrongdoers there is a painful punishment. Quran 42:21

In one way or the other a Muslim will belong to a sect, he or she is going to belief in a methodology and ideology, there are many opinions of scholars interpreating the Quran and Hadiths.

Secondly, I have seen you most times criticizing and condemning the Shia's this is what i observed about you, I don't know if you criticized other sects.

I noticed you're always being sentimental, one can deduce that you belong to a sect.

The right sect is the sect that follow The Quran and the prophet according to the Quranic verse.

Again the Hadith says the right sect is the One Who follows the Islamic religion based on the prophet and his companions. The others that deviate from this will go to hell. I am not the one who said so but the Hadith.
Kafirun means disbeliever/unbeliever/infidel, can a Muslim be called kafirun?
The Shia's are Muslims(they believed in Quran and Hadith) but you called them Kafirun.

Any Muslim or any sect that in it innovations perform shirk are part of the 72 that will end up in the hell.
Any sect who claim equality or superiority to Allah or to prophet Muhammad peace be upon him or any of the messengers is part of the 72 in hell. Any sect who believes the Quran have errors is part of the 72 in hell.
Do you believe you're 100% shirk free?

The Hadith has told us that sect and that is the sect of who follows the Prophet and companions. I don't have to call name for you. The name is follower of Muhammad and his companions. It's left for you to follow this sect or choose among the other 72.

The sect that will go to hell are the remaining sects that go against the Quran and the Hadith and died in that without repenting.
Sunni believe they are the right sect going to heaven, Shia also has same believe from Hadith prophecy(Jama'a)

The sunni said they are Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah and the hadith is talking about them, the shia said No it is forgery. undecided

You can read Sunni and Shia argument here >> https://www.nairaland.com/1228583/questions-sunni-salafi-shia

^ Very alarming.

Which one is tafseer?

al-Khatib narrated from `Umar: I heard Allah's Messenger say: "Do not ask about what is in the stars, and [size=17] do not explain the Qur'an according to your opinion, [/size] and do not insult any of my Companions: that is true faith

This is tafseer, explanations of Quran based on how the Prophet does and His companions.

If you follow this then you're a Muslim not Shi'a.

A today's Muslim is a person who submit his will to Allah (SWT) through the Sunnah of Muhammad peace be upon him.
Tafseer are not based on single terms or interpretation, there are different tafseer out there and Muslims can't do without going through the tafseer. Each sects have it own tafseer.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
tintingz:

In one way or the other a Muslim will belong to a sect, he or she is going to belief in a methodology and ideology, there are many opinions of scholars interpreating the Quran and Hadiths.

The best opinion is the prophet and his companion opinion. Any scholar whose opinion is same or more closer to prophet and his companion opinion, then he has the best opinion to be followed. Any body with personal and selfish opinion will be rejected.

Secondly, I have seen you most times criticizing and condemning the Shia's this is what i observed about you, I don't know if you criticized other sects.

I noticed you're always being sentimental, one can deduce that you belong to a sect.

This thread was not for me in person or what I do or Who I criticiz. If you have issue on my post open a thread I will defend anything I write. So dont drail. Yes I have sect and my sect is following the[b] Quran and Sunnah of Muhammad peace be upon him[/b] . This is my sect.

Kafirun means disbeliever/unbeliever/infidel, can a Muslim be called kafirun?
The Shia's are Muslims(they believed in Quran and Hadith) but you called them Kafirun.

Open a thread with the heading why I call Shia kafirun and I will defend myself. I will show you wether they believe in Quran 100% or not but not here. This thread was not for that and your questions have been answered. And also be ready to defend every single thing shia do.

Do you believe you're 100% shirk free?

This thread was not directed to me. Stop leaving the topic of discussion. BTW let me answer you. I believe 100% am not associating partner with God. Hypothetically and mistakenly without knowledge if i am doing so, immediately i realise i will stop and that is the reason the prophet says we should be reciting Suratul Kafirun while going to bed. As far as i am concern i am not associating partner with God in my act of worship.

Sunni believe they are the right sect going to heaven, Shia also has same believe from Hadith prophecy(Jama'a)

The sunni said they are Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah and the hadith is talking about them, the shia said No it is forgery. undecided

You can read Sunni and Shia argument here >> https://www.nairaland.com/1228583/questions-sunni-salafi-shia

^ Very alarming.

Tafseer are not based on single terms or interpretation, there are different tafseer out there and Muslims can't do without going through the tafseer. Each sects have it own tafseer.

That will continue and wount stop like I said satan must get his share. Its inevitable. Any hadith by Abubakar, Umar, uthman, Aisha, Mu'awiyya and Abu Hurairata etc God bless them all is forgery and these people are all lairs according to one of the sect. Who then should we follow? Do we know Islam more than them?

The best tafseer opinion is the opinion of the companions of Muhammad peace be upon him.

[b] The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: [size=18]Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” [/size]This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Tafseer by prophet and his companions is the best opinion, in the case you have disagreement in this then refer back to Allah and his messenger its the best way to yield Paradise as result.

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. [size=16]And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, [/size] if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result. Quran [/b]
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2016
@ FriendChoice

# Yes the best opinion is Prophet and companion's, but who are the people interpreting, explaining the Quran and hadith to us, are they not the scholars? Why are opinions differ? Scholars don't just use their own opinion they make use of the hadith. I have given you example of namaz prayer, there are hadith that says the Prophet (SA) clasp his hand to his chest and their hadith that says He didn't.
The sunni accepted the latter while shia accepted the former. The turning of head in salaam(in namaz), the rolling of finger in tashahhud why is it accepted by some and dislike by some.

The sunni believe in a school of thought while Shia believe in theirs, this was a conflict of the past centuries.

I'm born a sunni Muslim, my parents are sunni Muslims, I live in a sunni society so I know what I'm saying.

# I pointed out your personality because I already know your sect, I wanted you to say it yourself. Don't worry I know you're a sunni Muslim. smiley
Majority Muslims here are sunni, you don't need to act two-face here.

# I know why you called Shia's kafirun, because of disagreement and hatred they have for some sahabas(RA), I don't need to create a thread for that.
Kafirun means disbeliever.. If you called shias disbeliever because of some past conflict, Are boko haram, ISIS, AL qaeeda kafirun?
Like have said I'm born into a sunni family, I'm not defending non of these sects.

# Sorry for asking you the shirk question.
Sorry for asking you another question (you can ignore it). Since shirk leads to bidah and you have answered that you don't associate anything with Allah(SWT), do you believe you are bid'ah free as well?

# Do you believe in the 12 Imams of Shia's?
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
tintingz:
@ FriendChoice

# Yes the best opinion is Prophet and companion's, but who are the people interpreting, explaining the Quran and hadith to us, are they not the scholars? Why are opinions differ? Scholars don't just use their own opinion they make use of the hadith. I have given you example of namaz prayer, there are hadith that says the Prophet (SA) clasp his hand to his chest and their hadith that says He didn't.

Not All Hadith are authentic. Even in authentic Hadith there are rankings. That is why I tell you the best opinion of all the scholars is the opinion that matches or become more closer to the prophet own.

I would not respond to folding of Hand because I don't know the Hadith you talk of, are they Authentic? Is one of them more authentic than the other. What is the majority take of the scholars?

If you have any disagreement refer to Allah and his messenger

You should also note that two Hadith can be authentic. Example is when you missed two or more raka'at in Namaz. Are you going to pray the first 2 raka'at u missed or are you completing the last two raka'at. In this case both are correct, anyone you do.

The sunni accepted the latter while shia accepted the former. The turning of head in salaam(in namaz), the rolling of finger in tashahhud why is it accepted by some and dislike by some.

The sunni believe in a school of thought while Shia believe in theirs, this was a conflict of the past centuries.

I dont know why ask them. All I know is on rolling finger on Tahiyya or keeping it straight are all correct based on the Authentic Hadiths.

Division will not stop. Stop wasting your time asking why this believe in this that believe in that. Some people must fall in 72 category.

I'm born a sunni Muslim, my parents are sunni Muslims, I live in a sunni society so I know what I'm saying.

# I pointed out your personality because I already know your sect, I wanted you to say it yourself. Don't worry I know you're a sunni Muslim. smiley
Majority Muslims here are sunni, you don't need to act two-face here.

That is for you. I was born in Muslim society. I live in Muslim society and Pray I will die a Muslim.

O you who have believed, fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims [in submission to Him]. Quran 3:102

# I know why you called Shia's kafirun, because of disagreement and hatred they have for some sahabas(RA), I don't need to create a thread for that.
Kafirun means disbeliever.. If you called shias disbeliever because of some past conflict, Are boko haram, ISIS, AL qaeeda kafirun?
Like have said I'm born into a sunni family, I'm not defending non of these sects.

You still want to take the thread personal to me. According to Shi"a my and your Quran was not 100℅ correct. Why? It's compile by a lair, a curse firewood of Jahannam (Uthman R.D). The original Quran is not the one you and I read today. The original was compiled by Muhammad peace be upon him.

Then carefully examined my write up. What does this means to you? Sorry to say Astagfirrullah Allah has lied according to them.

Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian. (Quran)

Fortunately Allah has lied and fail in his promise to guard the Quran because Uthman have distorted it.

And who is more unjust than one who invents a lie about Allah or denies the truth when it has come to him? Is there not in Hell a [sufficient] residence for the disbelievers?

Anyone who claim this Quran is distorted is not a Muslim. This is only one reason I don't want to go deep as the thread was not meant for that.

In Summary

1. Allah has lied (Astagfirrullah)

2. My Quran is distorted.

sūratayn , an-Nūrayn and al-Wilāya was added in shi'a Quran. Some believe in distortion of Quran while some ambiguous. Twelver Shia believed in the distortion of the Quran up to the era of the Buyids. In 10th some sources says only 7 shi'a imams believe in the distortion of the Quran. Some shi'a believe only their imams have the correct Quran. etc
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_view_of_the_Quran

You ask of terrorist groups: Well they are on the same category, cuz' they also twist the verses of Quran to their own opinion and attributes it to Allah that he says they should kill.

Sorry for asking you the shirk question.
Sorry for asking you another question (you can ignore it). Since shirk leads to bidah and you have answered that you don't associate anything with Allah(SWT), do you believe you are bid'ah free as well?

Bidi'a leads to shirk not Shirk leads to bidi'a. Mark you not all Bidi'a are shirk but all are prohibited because small one leads to bigger one.

Bidi'a or innovation means inventory of new thing in the act of worship . To my own knowledge I don't invent neither engage in something new while worshiping Allah that has not been taught. If mistakenly out of knowledge am doing so and it's proven to be bidi'a, I will gladly accept it's bidi'a, stop it and seek for Allahs forgiveness.

Do you believe in the 12 Imams of Shia's?

what I do believe is the entire Prophet household without exception from family and companions etc.

I don't believe what the Shi'a says about those people. I believe they are lying to them because I have seen what they attributed to those Imams of Karbala being greater than Ka'aba. lying to Allah and lying to those Imams also.

Indeed, the first House [of worship] established for mankind was that at Makkah - blessed and a guidance for the worlds.

The verse is also a. interpolation according to them. Why? They attributes this to one of the iman claiming Allah create Karbala With 20,000 + years before Ka'aba.

Summary:

1. Karbala is first house of worship not ka'aba

2. This verse might be fabricated by Usman (R.D) while compiling the Quran. (Auzubillah).
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
FriendChoice:

Not All Hadith are authentic. Even in authentic Hadith there are rankings. That is why I tell you the best opinion of all the scholars is the opinion that matches or become more closer to the prophet own.
All Hadith are said to be the saying and way of the Prophet(SA), there is no argument about that. The only thing is that each sects have make some hadith to be authentic and some to be weak. That's why there are differences among Muslims.

I would not respond to folding of Hand because I don't know the Hadith you talk of, are they Authentic? Is one of them more authentic than the other. What is the majority take of the scholars?

If you have any disagreement refer to Allah and his messenger
This is the Hadith where folding of hands was mentioned :

Sahih Muslim - Book 004, Number 0792:
Wail b. Hujr reported: He saw the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) raising his hands at the time of beginning the prayer and reciting takbir, and according to Hammam (the narrator), the hands were lifted opposite to ears. He (the Holy Prophet) then wrapped his hands in his cloth and placed his right hand over his left hand. And when he was about to bow down, he brought out his hands from the cloth, and then lifted them, and then recited takbir and bowed down and when (he came back to the erect position) he recited: Allah listened to him who praised Him. And when prostrates. He prostrated between the two palms.

The Hadith that didn't mention folding/clasping of hands:

It is related from Abu Hurayra,

“The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, entered the mosque and a man entered and prayed. He greeted the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who returned the greeting and said, ‘Go and back and pray. You have not prayed.’ He went back and prayed as he had prayed before. Then he came and greeted the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,who said three times, ‘Go back and pray for you have not prayed.’ He said, ‘By the One who sent you with the truth, I cannot do any better than that, so teach me.’ He said, ‘When you stand for the prayer, say the takbir and then recite something you know well from the Qur’an and then do ruku’ until you are at rest in your ruku’ . Then stand back up until you are completely upright. Then go into sajda until you are at rest in your sajda. Then sit back until you are at rest in the sitting position. Do that throughout all of your prayer.’ ”

Related by al-Bukhari hadith(s) 715,751, 5782, 6174. Muslim hadith 602.

In hadith above, the Prophet(SA) didnt mention folding of hands. Even the Malikis don't fold hands.

Both Hadiths are authentic, Why the differences?

You should also note that two Hadith can be authentic. Example is when you missed two or more raka'at in Namaz. Are you going to pray the first 2 raka'at u missed or are you completing the last two raka'at. In this case both are correct, anyone you do.
Are this accepted by a sect and disliked by a sect like the hadith I quoted above?

I dont know why ask them. All I know is on rolling finger on Tahiyya or keeping it straight are all correct based on the Authentic Hadiths.
Ok

Division will not stop. Stop wasting your time asking why this believe in this that believe in that. Some people must fall in 72 category.
I should stop wasting my time asking question on above? then why are you creating threads calling other sects kafirun? If you so believe that your sect is going to paradise and other 72 sect are going to hell then why wasting your time calling them kafirun? Atleast you said you read Surah Al-kafirun 109:1-6, you know the interpretation of the ayah.

That is for you. I was born in Muslim society. I live in Muslim society and Pray I will die a Muslim.

O you who have believed, fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims [in submission to Him]. Quran 3:102
Ofcourse anybody can say he or she is a muslim, which school of thought do you follow?

You're still using the two-faced analogy.

Read comments of Muslims in other threads.

But why the Sunni or AhluSunnah or Salafi(yyah) 'tag'? why can't we just call ourselves Muslims?

For two reasons:

# Calling ourselves Muslims will mean that the deviants are not Muslims and therefore will be in hell forever. This contradicts the sunnah of our messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam, those deviant sects are sinners by deviating thus having right to Allah's punishment just like every other sinner except that their sins doesn't take them out of Islam except those whose deviations have reached the level of disbelief like the grave worshippers and the Sufi sheikhs who claim that they are exempted from observing Solah and Ramadan!

# Second reason is that the name Muslim is shared by everyone who associates himself to the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam.
Both deviants and non Deviants. There's a need to identify the people of guidance from others just as Allah named us Muslims to separate us from other forms of deviation from the true religion of our father Adam.
https://www.nairaland.com/3415045/between-sunni-shia-islam-lost

From another thread :

There is no obligation to identify yourself as sunni but in other to differentiate you from the other groups,you will still be called sunni. Keep to the main body of muslims and you are fine. Just follow the sunnah of the messenger as exemplified by his companions and you are fine.
https://www.nairaland.com/1228583/questions-sunni-salafi-shia

Mister FriendChoice, What sect are you? We all know you are a muslim stop denying your sect. smiley

You still want to take the thread personal to me. According to Shi"a my and your Quran was not 100℅ correct. Why? It's compile by a lair, a curse firewood of Jahannam (Uthman R.D). The original Quran is not the one you and I read today. The original was compiled by Muhammad peace be upon him.

Then carefully examined my write up. What does this means to you? Sorry to say Astagfirrullah Allah has lied according to them.

Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian. (Quran)

Fortunately Allah has lied and fail in his promise to guard the Quran because Uthman have distorted it.

And who is more unjust than one who invents a lie about Allah or denies the truth when it has come to him? Is there not in Hell a [sufficient] residence for the disbelievers?

Anyone who claim this Quran is distorted is not a Muslim. This is only one reason I don't want to go deep as the thread was not meant for that.

In Summary

1. Allah has lied (Astagfirrullah)

2. My Quran is distorted.
That's their(Shia) problem.

And am not making it personal to you, sorry if i did.

You ask of terrorist groups: Well they are on the same category, cuz' they also twist the verses of Quran to their own opinion and attributes it to Allah that he says they should kill.
You means Shia and terrorist groups are on the same category?

Has any shia hurt you because they twisted the Quran?

Don't forget these terrorists groups are under sunni.

Bidi'a leads to shirk not Shirk leads to bidi'a. Mark you not all Bidi'a are shirk but all are prohibited because small one leads to bigger one.

Bidi'a or innovation means inventory of new thing in the act of worship . To my own knowledge I don't invent neither engage in something new while worshiping Allah that has not been taught. If mistakenly out of knowledge am doing so and it's proven to be bidi'a, I will gladly accept it's bidi'a, stop it and seek for Allahs forgiveness.
OK. I think other sect will also say same thing as you said.

what I do believe is the entire Prophet household without exception from family and companions etc.

I don't believe what the Shi'a says about those people. I believe they are lying to them because I have seen what they attributed to those Imams of Karbala being greater than Ka'aba. lying to Allah and lying to those Imams also.

Indeed, the first House [of worship] established for mankind was that at Makkah - blessed and a guidance for the worlds.

The verse is also a. interpolation according to them. Why? They attributes this to one of the iman claiming Allah create Karbala With 20,000 + years before Ka'aba.

Summary:

1. Karbala is first house of worship not ka'aba

2. This verse might be fabricated by Usman (R.D) while compiling the Quran. (Auzubillah).
The 12 imams were/are said to be great people in the Quran and Hadith according to Shia's.

The Karbala was said to be a great place in the hadith according to Shia's.

Were the mentioned above twisted?
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
tintingz:
All Hadith are said to be the saying and way of the Prophet(SA), there is no argument about that. The only thing is that each sects have make some hadith to be authentic and some to be weak. That's why there are differences among Muslims.

Hadith where folding of hands was mentioned :

Sahih Muslim - Book 004, Number 0792:
Wail b. Hujr reported: He saw the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) raising his hands at the time of beginning the prayer and reciting takbir, and according to Hammam (the narrator), the hands were lifted opposite to ears. He (the Holy Prophet) then wrapped his hands in his cloth and placed his right hand over his left hand. And when he was about to bow down, he brought out his hands from the cloth, and then lifted them, and then recited takbir and bowed down and when (he came back to the erect position) he recited: Allah listened to him who praised Him. And when prostrates. He prostrated between the two palms.

The Hadith that didn't mention folding/clasping of hands:

It is related from Abu Hurayra,

“The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, entered the mosque and a man entered and prayed. He greeted the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who returned the greeting and said, ‘Go and back and pray. You have not prayed.’ He went back and prayed as he had prayed before. Then he came and greeted the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,who said three times, ‘Go back and pray for you have not prayed.’ He said, ‘By the One who sent you with the truth, I cannot do any better than that, so teach me.’ He said, ‘When you stand for the prayer, say the takbir and then recite something you know well from the Qur’an and then do ruku’ until you are at rest in your ruku’ . Then stand back up until you are completely upright. Then go into sajda until you are at rest in your sajda. Then sit back until you are at rest in the sitting position. Do that throughout all of your prayer.’ ”

Related by al-Bukhari hadith(s) 715,751, 5782, 6174. Muslim hadith 602.

In hadith above, the Prophet(SA) didnt mention folding of hands. Even the Malikis don't fold hands.

Both Hadiths are authentic, Why the differences?

Are this accepted by a sect and disliked by a sect like the hadith I quoted above?

How do you reason sir for God sake. The second Hadith it did not state whether he fold his hands or not. But does it say the prophet did not fold his hands?

Did the Hadith say the supplication of ruku'u and sujud? So people should keep quite in ruku'u? What did the Hadith say on Supplication while in sujud? What did the Hadith say on Tahiyya? That means all these are wrong since they are not found in this particular Hadith?

Did the two Hadith contradict themselves? One say fold hand, did the other says don't?

This Hadith is only contradictions:. One put more explanation to the other.

My taught was you will bring Hadith that says the prophet fold his hands and the other say he refuses to fold his hands . So all ruling of prayer must be found in one Hadith? Congratulations sir

I should stop wasting my time asking question on above? then why are you creating threads calling other sects kafirun? If you so believe that your sect is going to paradise and other 72 sect are going to hell then why wasting your time calling them kafirun? Atleast you said you read Surah Al-kafirun 109:1-6, you know the interpretation of the surah.

I will not stop to do so: People might understand the ideology behind it by showcasing it. So you're now translating Suratul kafirun according to your own opinion right? That the last verse says for you is your religion and for me is my religion? Is that what you're saying? That preaching to disbelievers is not allowed right? When Allah clearly says you should call them.

Ofcourse anybody can say he or she is a muslim, which school of thought do you follow?

You're still using the two-face analogue.

The school of Muhammad peace be upon him and His companions among which is Abubakar, Usman, Ali, Aisha (R.ds) and all the entire household without exception, and any school that follow in their footsteps.

Read comments of Muslims in other threads.

https://www.nairaland.com/3415045/between-sunni-shia-islam-lost

From another thread :

https://www.nairaland.com/1228583/questions-sunni-salafi-shia

Not going to read anything. Not interested. Talk of Islam with Islam not what this Muslim and that Muslim do.

Mister FriendChoice, What sect are you? We all know you are a muslim stop denying your sect. smiley

My sect is Allah and his messenger and those in authority sect, which yields best results regarding the previous verse.

That's their(Shia) problem.

Its shi'a problem it doesn't concern you. You're certisfied with it. But you're not certisfied with people exposing that. But you're comfortable with Quran is distorted. You're comfortable with lie against Allah and Other righteous people. Your only problem is me that call them kafirun for the offence above. Congratulations sir.

And am not making it personal to you, sorry if i did.

You means Shia and terrorist groups are on the same category?

Has any shia hurt you because they twisted the Quran?

Don't forget these terrorists groups are under sunni.

What I mean is they twist the Quran just as the terrorist do. SECONDLY Hesboalla is shi'a or not. They Hurst people or not?

If you mean physical hurting. Then am not victim of Boko Haram, nor Hesboalla or Alqeeda. And I pray for Allah's protection.

The 12 imams were/are said to be great people in the Quran and Hadith according to Shia's.

The Karbala was said to be a great place in the hadith according to Shia's.

Were the mentioned above twisted?

You're a Muslim? True of False. You're interested in Shi'a saying Karbala is superior than Ka'aba. You are even telling me they have Hadith.

Mentioned the verse that says that? I have given you the verse that ALLAH says Ka'aba is the first house of worship but you closed you're eyes. You're also believing Allah has lied (Astagfirrullah). If not when the verse is clear. Why bring about this question.

The 12 imans are superior than all prophets angels except prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

Where did Allah says this. You said: it's said 2 be in Quran that ALLAH says when you yourself knows he did not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
FriendChoice:

How do you reason sir for God sake. The second Hadith it did not state whether he fold his hands or not. But does it say the prophet did not fold his hands?

Did the Hadith say the supplication of ruku'u and sujud? So people should keep quite in ruku'u? What did the Hadith say on Supplication while in sujud? What did the Hadith say on Tahiyya? That means all these are wrong since they are not found in this particular Hadith?

Did the two Hadith contradict themselves? One say fold hand, did the other says don't?

This Hadith is only contradictions:. One put more explanation to the other.

My taught was you will bring Hadith that says the prophet fold his hands and the other say he refuses to fold his hands . So all ruling of prayer must be found in one Hadith? Congratulations sir
The said Hadith was talking about namaz demonstration not supplication, the Prophet was teaching a man the right way to performe namaz and from the hadith I quoted the Prophet(SA) didn't mention folding of hands.

Sects have cherry-picked these hadiths.

I will not stop to do so: People might understand the ideology behind it by showcasing it. So you're now translating Suratul kafirun according to your own opinion right? That the last verse says for you is your religion and for me is my religion? Is that what you're saying? That preaching to disbelievers is not allowed right? When Allah clearly says you should call them.
Preaching to the disbeliever is very allowed but using harsh words, damning and condemning will do nothing. You're not perfect, I don't why you believe you're saint and God chosen.

The school of Muhammad peace be upon him and His companions among which is Abubakar, Usman, Ali, Aisha (R.ds) and all the entire household without exception, and any school that follow in their footsteps.
What about the shia school of thought, do you believe in it?

Let me not ask more question before my post is called nonsense.

Not going to read anything. Not interested. Talk of Islam with Islam not what this Muslim and that Muslim do.
Ok

My sect is Allah and his messenger and those in authority sect, which yields best results regarding the previous verse.
Ok

Its shi'a problem it doesn't concern you. You're certisfied with it. But you're not certisfied with people exposing that. But you're comfortable with Quran is distorted. You're comfortable with lie against Allah and Other righteous people. Your only problem is me that call them kafirun for the offence above. Congratulations sir.
Like have said pointing out people's hypocrisy in the best approach is very good and there is not wrong with it but using harsh words will portray you like someone who's angry and frustrated.

I use to act like this back then when I argue with christians.

And beside no one can defend Allah, the Quran is clear.

What I mean is they twist the Quran just as the terrorist do. SECONDLY Hesboalla is shi'a or not. They Hurst people or not?

If you mean physical hurting. Then am not victim of Boko Haram, nor Hesboalla or Alqeeda. And I pray for Allah's protection.
I will not defend Hezbollah on their movement. All I know is majority of people that carried/carry out terrorism attacks are under sunni umbrella.

You're a Muslim? True of False. You're interested in Shi'a saying Karbala is superior than Ka'aba. You are even telling me they have Hadith.

Mentioned the verse that says that? I have given you the verse that ALLAH says Ka'aba is the first house of worship but you closed you're eyes. You're also believing Allah has lied (Astagfirrullah). If not when the verse is clear. Why bring about this question.

The 12 imans are superior than all prophets angels except prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

Where did Allah says this. You said: it's said 2 be in Quran that ALLAH says when you yourself knows he did not.

I didn't say that, that's the believe of Shia's, go back and reread my post and stop misquoting me.

I didn't say Karbala is superior than Ka'aba, I only said Karbala "was said" to be a great place and the 12 imams are said to be great people "according to shias".

I said this because I read an hadith where Prophet Muhammad (SA) talked about Karbala and 12 imams the shias so much believed in.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
tintingz:
The said Hadith was talking about namaz demonstration not supplication, the Prophet was teaching a man the right way to performe namaz and from the hadith I quoted the Prophet(SA) didn't mention folding of hands.

Sects have cherry-picked these hadiths.

Where is taslim turning of head right and left side, it's also demonstrations. Must everything be in one Hadith.

Also while in Tahiyya the finger should be where, should it be straight or rolling. That one also is demonstrations. I did not see it in that particular Hadith.

Preaching to the disbeliever is very allowed but using harsh words, damning and condemning will do nothing. You're not perfect, I don't why you believe you're saint and God chosen.

I am not perfect. I never claimed to be. If you attributed lie to me of which I never claimed, Allah is watching you. I repeat am not perfect But I know Islam is perfect. I know Quran is perfect. I rather disappoint you by attacking innovations than to disappoint my maker in saying all is well. That the one insulting companions is my brother. Nay! Never.

What about the shia school of thought, do you believe in it?

Let me not ask more question before my post is called nonsense.

The other ones I previously listed, which school of taught are they? Prophet Sunnah and entire household without exception? That's the only school of taught I believe. I don't know the Shi'a school of taught. If it's the samething as prophet and his companions school of taught then I have no problem with it. But if it's insulting the companions then I will not accept it.

If the Shi'a taught is believing the prophet peace be upon him companions are the best of the generation, then am with it. But if the taught ideology is: Some companions are at same rank with prophet Ibrahim, Isah, Musa etc then I cannot follow it. It's contradicting Allah's word.

Like have said pointing out people's hypocrisy in the best approach is very good and there is not wrong with it but using harsh words will portray you like someone who's angry and frustrated.

I use to act like this back then when I argue with christians.

Ok

And beside no one can defend Allah, the Quran is clear.

Can we defend the Religion of Allah as Muslims? Yes or No

I will not defend Hezbollah on their movement. All I know is majority of people that carried/carry out terrorism attacks are under sunni umbrella.

And how those that relate to me? Sunni has the majority or Shi'a have the majority don't border me. A terrorist is a terrorist whether Sunni, Shi'a , even Christianity.

I didn't say that, that's the believe of Shia's, go back and reread my post and stop misquoting me.

I didn't say Karbala is superior than Ka'aba, I only said Karbala "was said" to be a great place and the 12 imams are said to be great people "according to shias".

I said this because I read an hadith where Prophet Muhammad (SA) talked about Karbala and 12 imams the shias so much believed in.

The way you ask questions on their behalf tells a lot when I clearer sight a Quran verse for you Allah saying the first house of Worship is Ka'aba. No matter what you read in Hadith it cannot and can never be greater than Allahs statement. BTW show me that Hadith that says Karbala is greater than Ka'aba. And twelve shi'a imams ranks is more than all prophets ranks with the exception of Muhammad peace be upon him.

If you don't claim this: that means you believe ka'aba come first. Then no need to argue. You also believe all Muhajiruun Allah is pleased with them. Then no need to have disagreement in This.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
FriendChoice:

Where is taslim turning of head right and left side, it's also demonstrations. Must everything be in one Hadith.
You should know that Shia's don't turn their head right and left in salaam.

Also while in Tahiyya the finger should be where, should it be straight or rolling. That one also is demonstrations. I did not see it in that particular Hadith.
The shias don't roll their fingers in tashahhud.

Like have said hadith's are being cherry-picked by each sects.

I am not perfect. I never claimed to be. If you attributed lie to me of which I never claimed, Allah is watching you. I repeat am not perfect But I know Islam is perfect. I know Quran is perfect. I rather disappoint you by attacking innovations than to disappoint my maker in saying all is well. That the one insulting companions is my brother. Nay! Never.
Again, do you believe you're bid'ah free? This was what Emprée was trying to say in many threads about people like you.

A shia will say sunni are doing bid'a and vice versa.

The other ones I previously listed, which school of taught are they? Prophet Sunnah and entire household without exception? That's the only school of taught I believe. I don't know the Shi'a school of taught. If it's the samething as prophet and his companions school of taught then I have no problem with it. But if it's insulting the companions then I will not accept it.
Let me mention the Islamic school of thought.

Sunni schools (Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i, Hanbali), two Shia schools (Ja'fari, Zaidi), the Ibadi school and the Zahiri school.

Do you believe in all this school of thought or some?

All sects believed in the Prophet's hadith which gave birth to school of thought mentioned above.

If the Shi'a taught is believing after the death of the prophet peace be upon him, his companions are the best of the generation, then am with it. But if the taught is some companions are at same rank with prophet Ibrahim, Isah, Musa etc then I cannot follow it. It's contradicting Allahs word.
OK understood.

Sorry, want to ask a question that has been discussed in a thread. Do you believe Prophet Muhammad and other Prophets(peace be upon them) are of same rank?

Ok

Can we defend the Religion of Allah as Muslims? Yes or No
Yes, in the best manner. The Quran said "do not transgress limit."

And how those that relate to me? Sunni has the majority or Shi'a have the majority don't border me. A terrorist is a terrorist whether Sunni, Shi'a , even Christianity.
The world terrorist groups are under sunni umbrella.

The way you ask questions on their behalf tells a lot when I clearer sight a Quran verse for you Allah saying the first house of Worship is Ka'aba. No matter what you read in Hadith it cannot and can never be greater than Allahs statement. BTW show me that Hadith that says Karbala is greater than Ka'aba. And twelve shi'a imams ranks is more than all prophets ranks with the exception of Muhammad peace be upon him.

If you don't claim this: that means you believe ka'aba come first. Then no need to argue. You also believe all Muhajiruun Allah is pleased with them. Then no need to have disagreement in This.
Sir, you're still misquoting me, did I claim to believe in above?

I said that's Shia's believe and I read an hadith about it, is this hard for you to understand or should i speak French or you just feel like misquoting me?

And again I didn't say Karbala is greater than ka'aba.

There are differences in this command of speech.

• A great place

• Greater than.

E.g Nigeria is a great place.

U.S is a great place
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
tintingz:
You should know that Shia's don't turn their head right and left in salaam.

The shias don't roll their fingers in tashahhud.

Like have said hadith's are being cherry-picked by each sects.

We are not talking of sect that believe in this and that. I am clear must every demonstrations of prayer be in one Hadith?

Again, do you believe you're bid'ah free? This was what Emprée was trying to say in many threads about people like you.

Check my older post I have answered you on the issue of bidi'a free. What is my own business with what he says. What he says does not have the weight of an atom to what Allah or His messenger says. Before he talk many have talk. You and him are not the first to talk and you cannot be the last.

A shia will say sunni are doing bid'a and vice versa.

Let me mention the Islamic school of thought.

Sunni schools (Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i, Hanbali), two Shia schools (Ja'fari, Zaidi), the Ibadi school and the Zahiri school.

Do you believe in all this school of thought or some?

All sects believed in the Prophet's hadith which gave birth to school of thought mentioned above.

I believe the ones that don't go against the opinion of the Quran and Sunnah of Muhammad peace be upon him and his companions way of practicing Islam. That's the best school of taught.

If the names you listed above are not against the Authenticity of Quran and they believe in the teachings of Muhammad peace be upon him and the companions and entire household without exception that follow him then we are on the same Page. wearas those you listed above are does who believe the Quran is distorted or disbelief in Abubakar Umar and Uthman Etc (R.ds). Then I don't believe in them. I will not call name for you. If you believe all are doing what I aforementioned then I believe in them, if you believe they fail one of the conditions above, then I have nothing to do with them.

Sorry, want to ask a question that has been discussed in a thread. Do you believe Prophet Muhammad and other Prophets(peace be upon them) are of same rank?

I don't believe. Even in Quran it was sighted some prophet rank are superior than the other like Ulul Azumi minarrusulu

Mark you: Superiority of one to another does not means you should choose or believe in some and disbelief in some. You don't divide them to which Allah has not divided. Amanarraaulu bima....

He was sent as Mercy to all mankind not just certain people that's one of the things that distinguished him.

Yes, in the best manner. The Quran said "do not transgress limit."

That means we can defend Allah true or false? If a Christian misunderstood who Allah is or invoke lie against Allah. Can we defend Allah by saying the truth? Remember you said we cannot defend Allah.

The world terrorist groups are under sunni umbrella.
Terrorist is terrorist. is Hesboalla Sunni?

Sir, you're still misquoting me, did I claim to believe in above?

I said that's Shia's believe and I read an hadith about it, is this hard for you to understand or should i speak French or you just feel like misquoting me?

And again I didn't say Karbala is greater than ka'aba.

There are differences in this command of speech.

• A great place

• Greater than.

E.g Nigeria is a great place.

U.S is a great place

If you believe ka'aba is the first House of Worship Not Karbala. Then I have no problem with that. If you believe Prophets are superior than normal beings then on that I have no problem.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2016
FriendChoice:

We are not talking of sect that believe in this and that. I am clear must every demonstrations of prayer be in one Hadith?
This thread is about differences between sects, why shouldn't we talk about what they believe?

Check my older post I have answered you on the issue of bidi'a free. What is my own business with what he says. What he says does not have the weight of an atom to what Allah or His messenger says. Before he talk many have talk. You and him are not the first to talk and you cannot be the last.
What I'm trying to say is if we're not in same sect and I pointed out your bid'a practice with prove then you will have to agree with me and if you do same to me then I will agree with you or better still we stick to our opinions. End quote.

I believe the ones that don't go against the opinion of the Quran and Sunnah of Muhammad peace be upon him and his companions way of practicing Islam. That's the best school of taught.
Ok

If the names you listed above are not against the Authenticity of Quran and they believe in the teachings of Muhammad peace be upon him and the companions and entire household without exception that follow him then we are on the same Page. wearas those you listed above are does who believe the Quran is distorted or disbelief in Abubakar Umar and Uthman Etc (R.ds). Then I don't believe in them. I will not call name for you. If you believe all are doing what I aforementioned then I believe in them, if you believe they fail one of the conditions above, then I have nothing to do with them.
OK.

I don't believe. Even in Quran it was sighted some prophet rank are superior than the other like Ulul Azumi minarrusulu

Mark you: Superiority of one to another does not means you should choose or believe in some and disbelief in some. You don't divide them to which Allah has not divided. Amanarraaulu bima....

He was sent as Mercy to all mankind not just certain people that's one of the things that distinguished him.
OK.

That means we can defend Allah true or false? If a Christian misunderstood who Allah is or invoke lie against Allah. Can we defend Allah by saying the truth? Remember you said we cannot defend Allah.
Yes we can defend "Allah's religion" we can explain who Allah is in polite manner not using harsh words. Allah(SWT) said we should not trangress limit.

This reminds me of a video brother Lanre posted about an argument between a sheikh and an atheist, the sheikh got angry that he wanted to beat the atheist man with his shoe in TV broadcast, the atheist just kept it cool.

Now reflect this scenario above with the way you argue with other sects.

Terrorist is terrorist. is Hesboalla Sunni?
OK.

If you believe ka'aba is the first House of Worship Not Karbala. Then I have no problem with that. If you believe Prophets are superior than normal beings then on that I have no problem.
Ok
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
tintingz:
This thread is about differences between sects, why shouldn't we talk about what they believe?

You said demonstration of salat. You quote Hadith I did not query it whether its from this or that sect. My question is straight, must every demonstration be in one Hadith?

What I'm trying to say is if we're not in same sect and I pointed out your bid'a practice with prove then you will have to agree with me and if you do same to me then I will agree with you or better still we stick to our opinions. End quote.

No bidi'a is based on Islam not sect.

Yes we can defend "Allah's religion" we can explain who Allah is in polite manner not using harsh words. Allah(SWT) said we should not trangress limit.

This reminds me of a video brother Lanre posted about an argument between a sheikh and an atheist, the sheikh got angry that he wanted to beat the atheist man with his shoe in TV broadcast, the atheist just kept it cool.

Now reflect this scenario above with the way you argue with other sects.

I am not the person in question. Must all people be same? Can I used someone in judging another one.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
FriendChoice:

You said demonstration of salat. You quote Hadith I did not query it whether its from this or that sect. My question is straight, must every demonstration be in one Hadith?
Yes, because it was written by different people and No, because it has been cherry-picked.

This is how I understand the hadith, anybody can accept some hadith and reject some.

No bidi'a is based on Islam not sect.
Then why do we have some hadith conflicting and contradicting?

I am not the person in question. Must all people be same? Can I used someone in judging another one.
I'm just given you an example how some people can't keep it cool.
Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
tintingz:
Yes, because it was written by different people and No, because it has been cherry-picked.

This is how I understand the hadith, anybody can accept some hadith and reject some.

That is your own opinion. So you can only bring two Hadith together only if it's the same writer despite if the Hadith are authentic. That's why I advice you to read siffatus salatun nabi. He teaches the companions how to pray and at the end he say pray as you see me pray. BTW foldig of hand is a minor issue, there are bigger issues on sect differences to discuss on: like believing in Quran has been distorted. If you fold it or refuses to do so, that does not invalidate your prayer. Its not part of the compulsory components of sallah that one has to perform before his prayer is accept. It only makes your prayer full and intack as the prophet said pray as you see me pray.

Then why do we have some hadith conflicting and contradicting?

You give example of folding of hand contradicting itself. But in real sense it does not. One said you should fold and the other did not specify. If two authentic Hadith say two things. Then it becomes two option for you. E.g Keeping the finger straight in tahiyya or rolling it. Both Hadith are authentic, then you have two option 2 choose.

Another example is when you missed 1 or more raka'at in salatul jama'a. Are you going to pray the first first raka'a you missed or are you going to pray the last raka'at? Two Hadith speak on the 2 rulings, making the two options valid.

I'm just given you an example how some people can't keep it cool.
Ok

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) by tintingz(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
FriendChoice:

That is your own opinion. So you can only bring two Hadith together only if it's the same writer despite if the Hadith are authentic. That's why I advice you to read siffatus salatun nabi. He teaches the companions how to pray and at the end he say pray as you see me pray. BTW foldig of hand is a minor issue, there are bigger issues on sect differences to discuss on: like believing in Quran has been distorted. If you fold it or refuses to do so, that does not invalidate your prayer. Its not part of the compulsory components of sallah that one has to perform before his prayer is accept. It only makes your prayer full and intack as the prophet said pray as you see me pray.

You give example of folding of hand contradicting itself. But in real sense it does not. One said you should fold and the other did not specify. If two authentic Hadith say two things. Then it becomes two option for you. E.g Keeping the finger straight in tahiyya or rolling it. Both Hadith are authentic, then you have two option 2 choose.

Another example is when you missed 1 or more raka'at in salatul jama'a. Are you going to pray the first first raka'a you missed or are you going to pray the last raka'at? Two Hadith speak on the 2 rulings, making the two options valid.
It doesn't change the fact that each sect has it own way of performing salah, that's the main content of this thread.

The Islamic school of thoughts have divided everything about Islam. The islamic school of thoughts didn't just brought up their opinions about salah, they make use of the hadith. If you refer me to read a book on how the prophet perform namaz, the question is who compiled and wrote it?

Folding of hand in namaz might be a minor issue to you or your sect but in Shia's they don't do it even the malikis don't do it, it is bid'a to them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Restraining Angers: Lessons From Hadith 16 Of The 40 Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih / Explanation Of Soorah Al-ikhlaas (purity Of Faith) / Do Not Wish For The Things Which Allah Has Made Some Others To Excel In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 253
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.