Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries (21576 Views)

What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? / Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? / Jesus Christ's Tomb Opened For First Time In 500 Years - See What Is Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by raphieMontella: 11:02am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

Where are the followers of the other Messiahs and their historical accounts that have withstood all negativity and instead of dying is waxing stronger?

Are you staying up all night being bothered over the other Messiahs? Why is this particular Messiah your rock in the throat?
rome..rome..rome..
When constantine embraced christianity..it was all over!

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Aren't you?
The Quran says otherwise, so where are you hearing this from?
This also is what a Catholic priest said: “I know nothing of Islam. Never once have I read the Quran but God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” https://www.nairaland.com/3403691/catholic-priest-wakes-up-coma

What's your take on this^?
I guess you didn't see this grin grin grin grin : Malaysian newspaper Utusan Malaysia was duped by a fake news story claiming a Catholic priest converted to Islam after being in a coma for more than a year. Utusan Malaysia published a story about the fake news, which originated from a satire story on World News Daily’s website. World News Daily’s Oct. 10 story had claimed an 87-year-old Spanish priest living in Indonesia “has woken up from a 17 month long coma” and “converted himself to Islam after the man claims Allah spoke to him and showed him ‘the beauty of the heavens.'”
The report claimed the priest had a cardiac arrest on the roof of his church, fell off the roof, and woke up with no spinal injury. World News Daily Report identifies itself as “an American Jewish Zionist newspaper based in Tel Aviv and dedicated on covering biblical archeology news and other mysteries around the Globe.” The site has a disclaimer admitting it is a satire site. “All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.co are fiction, and presumably fake news,” the site admits. Utusan Malaysia ‘s Oct. 12 story on the fake news has been unpublished and Utusan published an apology, the Malaysian Star reported. The apology reads, according to Asia One: “A report taken from the World News Daily Report regarding a catholic priest from Spain, Eduardo Vincenzo Maria Gomez, 87, converting to Islam after 17 months in a coma is untrue. Utusan apologises for any inconvenience and confusion following the publication of news emanating from the site.”http://www.imediaethics.org/malaysian-newspaper-hoaxed-priest-didnt-convert-to-islam-after-coma/
Funny people grin grin grin
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:

dig into the first century...
Thats what i meant.

People see what they want to justify their position with. If you are out looking for error that is what you will see everywhere and if you are out in search of truth that is what you will see.

You seem to think people more knowledgeable than you have not embarked on these searches? They have and it ended up drawing them closer to God and Jesus so you can keep digging for all the errors you seek while we keep on with the truth.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 11:06am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:

dig into the first century...
Thats what i meant.
The Archeologists are doing that already, and am fine with their findings, it obvious you are not.

Thank God these findings are not done by Chriatians.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

Yes he has indeed. He said allah spoke to people other than Muhammed by faith. And he believes Jesus never died because koran says so. koran must come out now to defend it claims.

You just like an Atheist in there ears,just like we do in yours
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I guess you didn't see this grin grin grin grin : Malaysian newspaper Utusan Malaysia was duped by a fake news story claiming a Catholic priest converted to Islam after being in a coma for more than a year. Utusan Malaysia published a story about the fake news, which originated from a satire story on World News Daily’s website. World News Daily’s Oct. 10 story had claimed an 87-year-old Spanish priest living in Indonesia “has woken up from a 17 month long coma” and “converted himself to Islam after the man claims Allah spoke to him and showed him ‘the beauty of the heavens.'”
The report claimed the priest had a cardiac arrest on the roof of his church, fell off the roof, and woke up with no spinal injury. World News Daily Report identifies itself as “an American Jewish Zionist newspaper based in Tel Aviv and dedicated on covering biblical archeology news and other mysteries around the Globe.” The site has a disclaimer admitting it is a satire site. “All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.co are fiction, and presumably fake news,” the site admits. Utusan Malaysia ‘s Oct. 12 story on the fake news has been unpublished and Utusan published an apology, the Malaysian Star reported. The apology reads, according to Asia One: “A report taken from the World News Daily Report regarding a catholic priest from Spain, Eduardo Vincenzo Maria Gomez, 87, converting to Islam after 17 months in a coma is untrue. Utusan apologises for any inconvenience and confusion following the publication of news emanating from the site.”http://www.imediaethics.org/malaysian-newspaper-hoaxed-priest-didnt-convert-to-islam-after-coma/

check and mate hahahahahahaha kikikikikiji rib cracking death punch

2 Likes

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

I always like to read from you because you are always objective. Thanks for this info. My Joy is that, there was a Jesus of Nazareth, he died in Jerusalem, was buried somewhere there, he resurrected.
The location of his burial site is of little import to me.
Once again, thank you.

Thank you, much appreciated. I would add that the article in question raises the salient point as to what informed Helena, Constantine’s mother, that the site in question was the actual place Jesus died and was buried, that is the question that concerns us.

The present site in the Old walled city of Jerusalem has been the shared responsibility of all the different denominations of Christianity. Somebody asked how come King Abdullah of Jordan had given such a large donation to the restoration, it is largely because the site is holy to both Muslims and Christians, but there is also a more mundane reason.

Due to bitter in-fighting between different Christian sects over church responsibilities, the keys to the gate of the church have been handed over to ….you guessed it, a Muslim family since the middle of the 12th century.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by raphieMontella: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

People see what they want to justify their position with. If you are out looking for error that is what you will see everywhere and if you are out in search of truth that is what you will see.

You seem to think people more knowledgeable than you have not embarked on these searches? They have and it ended up drawing them closer to God and Jesus so you can keep digging for all the errors you seek while we keep on with the truth.
it depends on how ''YOU'' see it...
Well whatever rocks your boat..
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 28, 2016
Sarassin:

Thank you, much appreciated. I would add that the article in question raises the salient point as to what informed Helena, Constantine’s mother, that the site in question was the actual place Jesus died and was buried, that is the question that concerns us.

The present site in the Old walled city of Jerusalem has been the shared responsibility of all the different denominations of Christianity. Somebody asked how come King Abdullah of Jordan had given such a large donation to the restoration, it is largely because the site is holy to both Muslims and Christians, but there is also a more mundane reason.

Due to bitter in-fighting between different Christian sects over church responsibilities, the keys to the gate of the church have been handed over to ….you guessed it, a Muslim family since the middle of the 12th century.

Now picture this....2 of the biggest religions worldwide Christian and Islam and one of the biggest Archeological locations for Christianity has its keys in the hand of Muslims which means that the chances of it being adulterated andnproven as false is extremely high...

But guess what? Even they cannot prove its falsehood and cannot tamper with it.

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:

it depends on how ''YOU'' see it...
Well whatever rocks your boat..

When you show me a live picture of you with an Archeological team and in Archeological gear researching for yourself then you can speak but for now face a wall or something.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 11:14am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:

still missing it...
Their philosophies/beliefs where limited to palestine and judea...and when the romans destroyed jerusalem in 135 AD..their groups died out...
Paul was smart enough to spread his belief to the gentiles;...even jewish christianity---a sect formed by James the Just(an alledged brother of your jesus) died out because of rome.
I hope you realize you are confirming that Paul and the rest of Christ's Followers lived?

Yea, Rome has been in the business of eradicating Christianity from the inception When they couldn't kill it from without, they came in within.

Answer truthfully, weren't you a Catholic?

Catholicism and is still was Rome trying to kill Christianity within. Satan will still fail.

The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church. The church is not a Building btw.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:
rome..rome..rome.. When constantine embraced christianity..it was all over!
Evangelist Dawkins Evangelist Dawkins Evangelist Dawkins ...
when Dawkins embraced Atheism the rest of you became Gullible and his stooges.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by raphieMontella: 11:16am On Oct 28, 2016
TheSixthSense:

lol...christians and muslims ehn!
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:
rome..rome..rome.. When constantine embraced christianity..it was all over!
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

So tell me, what is the bone of contention of this thread and how have we derailed? And why must I open a new thread?
This thread has nothing to do with islam. Although someone pointed muslims to the fact that Jesus died and resurrected which the koran denies and muslims believe the koran by faith that Jesus did not die.

So, am saying, Open a thread and mention me lets talk about all these there. Koran says Jesus did not die, that allah deceived the Jews to think they killed Jesus, and you believed the koran by faith, yet it didn't occur to you to ask by faith why allah rescued Jesus from the Jews.

Open a thread so that you can tell me what the crime of Jesus was and why allah saved him but couldn't save muhammed. Go ahead.

I wont answer you here anymore. Open a thread.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by raphieMontella: 11:23am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

I hope you realize you are confirming that Paul and the rest of Christ's Followers lived?

Yea, Rome has been in the business of eradicating Christianity from the inception When they couldn't kill it from without, they came in within.

Answer truthfully, weren't you a Catholic?

Catholicism and is still was Rome trying to kill Christianity within. Satan will still fail.

The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church. The church is not a Building btw.
who doubts paul's existence?
Rome didnt eradicate christianity..you're confused...
My father is an assemblies of god member..and my mum is a catholic....so i wasnt a catholic as you think...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by raphieMontella: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

hahahaha...
You know im correct undecided

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by raphieMontella: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

When you show me a live picture of you with an Archeological team and in Archeological gear researching for yourself then you can speak but for now face a wall or something.
*facepalm*
dig into the first century---research the original manuscripts,,the society then..etc
not only archaeology i meant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 11:27am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Not only by faith, Quran said it explicitly. Now are you telling me that, by faith, you believe Allah never spoke to someone else apart from Muhammad even when the Quran made it clear?

I should be asking you because you appeared to have faith that Allah only spoke to Muhammed alone.

Mention those after Jesus and tell me how you got to know that it was God that spoke to them indeed. And then, is this God still speaking to people these days? Has he even spoken to you? If no, why? Are you sinful?

If yes, when last and what was the conversation all about.
A living God never stops speaking to his people.
Go ahead and post that koranic verse, hadith or sunah, proving allah spoke to someone else, and pls upload a video of muslims claiming allah spoke and gave them instructions or directions which tallies with their experiences.

There are too many Videos of Muslims claiming Jesus appeared to them, saved them from dead, gave them directions, gave them information, healed them, etc.
Lets go Rilwayne.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Not only by faith, Quran said it explicitly. Now are you telling me that, by faith, you believe Allah never spoke to someone else apart from Muhammad even when the Quran made it clear?

I should be asking you because you appeared to have faith that Allah only spoke to Muhammed alone.

Mention those after Jesus and tell me how you got to know that it was God that spoke to them indeed. And then, is this God still speaking to people these days? Has he even spoken to you? If no, why? Are you sinful?

If yes, when last and what was the conversation all about.
open a thread.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by rhektor(m): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

this is a slam dunk
analice107:

Go ahead and post that koranic verse, hadith or sunah, proving allah spoke to someone else, and pls upload a video of muslims claiming allah spoke and gave them instructions or directions which tallies with their experiences.
There are too many Videos of Muslims claiming Jesus appeared to them, saved them from dead, gave them directions, gave them information, healed them, etc.
Lets go Rilwayne.

He will not answer that never

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:

who doubts paul's existence?
Rome didnt eradicate christianity..you're confused...
My father is an assemblies of god member..and my mum is a catholic....so i wasnt a catholic as you think...

You asked me to dig deep into First Century Rome, but here you are claiming Rome did not fight to eradicate Christianity. lol.

Have you ever heard about Emperor Nero and the Colossus?

Constantine was the last Emperor to fight Christianity from without.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by dalaman: 11:34am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

Yet a Jesus existed and from all the people in existence then this particular one was singled out to write about and we have not seens any manuscript that refutes this or says that it was a different Jesus that wad being talked about or that even called him an ordinary man.

Continue clutching at straws.

Mohammed also existed. He divided the moon into two. He is the only person in history that ever did that. Nobody else was singled out and written about like him. You disbelieve in him don't you? Continue clutching at straws.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Rilwayne001: 11:34am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

Lets go Rilwayne.

Why evade the last part of the quote you are replying to here?

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:

hahahaha...
You know im correct undecided

Do I? Suddenly you have leapt from my screen into my head right?

You guys actually think yoi are smart but Dawkins is way ahead of you guys and is using your guys for commerce. Goodluck.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by raphieMontella: 11:40am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

You asked me to dig deep into First Century Rome, but here you are claiming Rome did not fight to eradicate Christianity. lol.

Have you ever heard about Emperor Nero and the Colossus?

Constantine was the last Emperor to fight Christianity from without.
the persecution of christians was for TWELVE YEARS only...same way rome persecuted jews(judaism)
Thats why the author of revelation made nero the personified anti-christ...
And like i said...when constantine became a christian..it was over...christianity became the order of the day...banning other religions etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 28, 2016
See, when you look for political theories you would find many especially when you read any history book. Look at Nigeria for example, going by our history many theories of ethnic, military, and colonial conspiracy would come up. But one may just be reading it simply to know what happened and not why. It is the reader that determines is intended with the knowledge of history. That said, Jesus Christ existed as is reliably recorded in history, Good! So, I will use Scripture here: 'If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.' (1 Cor 15:19)
You take about St James (Iakovos) brother of Jesus - mind you he never believed in Jesus until after Christ's ascension but he was matyred and also St Paul and St Peter (crucified, upside down at his request) many apostles killed and are still being killed for their faith in Jesus Christ.
The significant thing you ignore is that these guys took vows of poverty and lives of absolute piety living as eunuchs for the hope in Jesus Christ and ended up brutally murdered. Did they have to live as ascetics? The Muslim Ottoman empire continued killing and conquering all early churches and christian regions, they took Jerusalem before the crusaders regained Jerusalem that was eventually lost again to Islam. Europe would have fallen to Islam were it not for the crusades but that's all politics. Anyone can be interested in politics and say Christianity is about world domination and power but even the pope cannot lie to any christian that that is what the tenets of Christianity are.
Faith in Jesus Christ is spiritual and the spiritual aspect of the Church never left. Everyone would be judged whether Pope or pauper individually so politics concern who e concern. If they wanted Constantine to become a christian, what's wrong with that? If I say I want Buhari to become a christian, I'm sure muslims and atheists would come up with conspiracy theories about my motives, although it may be true that I may have ulterior motives but that's between me and God but Jesus Christ is for everyone who believes in Him.
raphieMontella:

still missing it...
Their philosophies/beliefs where limited to palestine and judea...and when the romans destroyed jerusalem in 135 AD..their groups died out...
Paul was smart enough to spread his belief to the gentiles;...even jewish christianity---a sect formed by James the Just(an alledged brother of your jesus) died out because of rome.

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by raphieMontella: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

Do I? Suddenly you have leapt from my screen into my head right?

You guys actually think yoi are smart but Dawkins is way ahead of you guys and is using your guys for commerce. Goodluck.
sorry..but i havent even read the ''God delusion''...or whatever book..
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by jonbellion(m): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

deducing a kid is a kid and not an adult isnt rocket science you know. Besides the culprit knows I was spot on so stop taking meds on his behalf.
but do you realise how much the video game companies make. Are the computer programmers trust create the game and make money from it also "children" No offence to your job or anything but they make a lot of money so I don't know why you're resorting to ad hominems rather than refuting the agruement
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:

sorry..but i havent even read the ''God delusion''...or whatever book..

I think you should and since you love research why not research dawkins as well and see the unclothedness of NL atheism. lol

I am so sure if you did you would slap him if he was infront of you especially since even he admitted to the existence of Christ.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2016
See all of them shouting Allah Ahkbar grin grin grin What would an 87 year old celibate man change religion for? What more pleasures does he desire in this life and how many more years does he have? grin grin And the same person who refused to believe this simple story here of the tomb of Jesus Christ with coloured pictures and video believed this ridiculous satire grin grin grin He didn't even ask for proof grin cheesy grin cheesy He was already shouting Allah Ahkbar grin cheesy grin cheesy
4everGod:

check and mate hahahahahahaha kikikikikiji rib cracking death punch

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 28, 2016
jonbellion:
but do you realise how much the video game companies make. Are the computer programmers trust create the game and make money from it also "children" No offence to your job or anything but they make a lot of money so I don't know why you're resorting to ad hominems rather than refuting the agruement

Argument? Where? All i saw was an adolescent making a first attempt at brain usage and it looked extremely ridiculous to me. An under 20 claiming he has seen the whole world or knows all about the world while sitting in his little room and while never having stepped out to Benin republic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Difference Between Christmas And Xmas / Defend Catholic Teachings Here / Matter And Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.