Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,034 members, 7,803,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th (3489 Views)

Poll: Who will go through to the next round

Chelsea: 80% (8 votes)
Bolton : 20% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Bolton Wanderers: Capital One Cup (2 - 1) On 24th September 2014 / CapitalOne Cup: Chelsea Vs Swansea (0 - 2) On 9th January 2012 / Carling Cup: Arsenal V Liverpool [2 - 1] on Wed 28th October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by lalaboi(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2009
Its carling cup football on wednesday night as 2 premier league side lock horns for tickets to the next round of the League cup(A.K.A Carling cup). But this is just 1st instalment of the double header between these 2 sides. . they meet again on saturday in what promises to be a bone crunching battle for the shares of 3 points in the Premier league.

Chelsea
They overcame championship money bags QPR to be in this round thanks to a Salomon kalou strike. They are expected to make changes to the team that destroyed Blackburn in the weekend!
Yuri Zhirkov and Alex are fit and available for selection. Given the current determination to aid youth development  by the blues, they are likely to have one or two if not more teenagers than experience on the bench at Stamford bridge.
Joe Cole is expected to start to build up his fitness and the likes of Essien, Anelka and Lampard might be rested to preserve them for the Saturday game

Chelsea are in form at home with a 100% record this season. But their opposition, Bolton wanderers are arguably the most difficult team to play against. . .Home or away. Then again, Its league cup and it all goes down to who wants it more at the end of 90 or 120mins! Even penalties!

Chelsea have lost just twice this season and have kept a clean sheet at home all season apart from the opening game vs hull and charity shield

Bolton
Beat East London team Westham united after extra-time to qualify for the next round courtesy of goals from Johan Elmander and Gary Cahill.
Bolton are expected to name a strong side considering their opponents.
Striker, Elamander might make a comeback from a groin injury to lead his side. If not, Weekend hero Klasnic will start his 1st game in over a month. The striker who's undergone surgery for kidney transplant twice in his life time is eager to impress manager Gary Megson. Kevin Davies is also on hand to make his 500th career start!

Bolton have only lost once in their last 7 games. They sit 12th in the league and have the tendencies to frustrate the blues at home. Only last April in a league game against the same side, they staged a comeback from 4-0 to loose 4-3, causing a nervy ending for the blues last time!
They have not reached the quarter finals of this competition since 2006. . .
Despite posing threats to any team they play, they also have the tendencies to let in goals. Bolton have not kept a clean sheet in the league this season.

My verdict

If a strong team is fielded by the Blues then the day will easily go to the blues. Bolton will no doubt be buoyed if they came across a weakened Chelsea team. Nonetheless, Chelsea are a team with good strength in depth and no matter the line up, they should be able to see off Bolton's challenge
Chelsea to win!

Nairaland odds grin grin

Home Draw Away
Chelsea Vs Bolton 1/4 10/3 8/3

Place ya bets with me grin
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by Borat1: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2009
We'll do the double over them in both carling cup and league game.
Its Chelsea. . .Be Afraid
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2009
We'll beat them 2 nil on Wed.
Let's give them 4 nil on Saturday.
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by just2nice(m): 12:55am On Oct 27, 2009
We will surely beat them.My predos: 3-1
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by adebayo201: 1:39am On Oct 27, 2009
Chelsea w!nz !f they f!eld strong and determ!ned team bt st!ll al ! Kno !s dat Bolton has at least 1goal shocked
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by martinsay: 10:28am On Oct 27, 2009
The blues will suqned does police fotbal club by 3-0,goals 4rm joe andkalou let wait and c d winn.
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by Ibime(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nice one lalaboi. . .

I wanna see us use mostly young players even if it means losing. . . its time to see whether we have good enough youngsters to weather FIFA's 18-month transfer embargo.
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by bammy(m): 5:41am On Oct 28, 2009
i'm waiting anxiously for Di Santo to be back soonest and Stoch
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by mufasa(m): 7:06am On Oct 28, 2009
is it gonna be on hitv, they were advertising it last week but i havent seen the promo this week.
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by sayso: 7:46am On Oct 28, 2009
will they play this match,Bolton players are Swine Flu infested.
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by FBS: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2009
Ibime:

Nice one lalaboi. . .

I wanna see us use mostly young players even if it means losing. . . its time to see whether we have good enough youngsters to weather FIFA's 18-month transfer embargo.
Bite me, but I do not subscribe to that cool.
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by sylve11: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2009
Bolton 2, Chelsea 1 probably undecided undecided cool
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by chelseabmw(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2009
chelsea 3- bolton 1
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by FBS: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2009
sylve11:

You see yourself? tongue
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by nethacker(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2009
sylve11:

who is dis?
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by khanye(m): 11:55am On Oct 28, 2009
Ibime:

lol. . . . . . DO you have any
Except Borini

Proable Team list against Bolton:
Hilario, Belletti, Alex, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Cole, Kalou, Sturridge.

Carling,UCL,EPL,FA na the same set of players una dey use grin
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by FBS: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2009
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1838990,00.html
STURRIDGE TO START

'It is the moment for Sturridge to play and I hope that he will do his best on the pitch,' Ancelotti announced after Tuesday's training.

'We have trust in his quality. He didn't have the possibility in the last month to play but tomorrow I would like to see him at his best.

'I have a lot of players who didn't play a lot of time in the previous games like Sturridge, like Paulo Ferreira, like Joe Cole, like Juliano Belletti, like Alex and I want to use these players to improve their condition. This isn't specifically a competition for young players.'

Ancelotti has listed teenagers Jeffrey Bruma and Fabio Borini as among the subs for Wednesday. Also on the bench will be Nemanja Matic, the 21-year-old Serb midfielder yet to start since he joined in August.

Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by FBS: 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2009
The Lineup: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1839393,00.html

Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by Cristalz(f): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2009
khanye:

Except Borini

Hilario, Belletti, Alex, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Cole, Kalou, Sturridge.

LOL grin
Absolutely true.

mufasa:

is it gonna be on hitv, they were advertising it last week but i havent seen the promo this week.

Yup. . .HItv all the way. Silly people. cheesy
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by lalaboi(m): 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2009
khanye:

Except Borini

Aint this Mofo smart and Dumb?

You didnt have to check up the chelsea website to copy and paste the team selection to make you seem smart lol. . . I know your type na!
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by chelseabmw(m): 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2009
I can't wait for this match, chelsea to win 3-0
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by khanye(m): 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
lalaboi:

Aint this Mofo smart and Dumb?

You didnt have to check up the chelsea website to copy and paste the team selection to make you seem smart lol. . . I know your type na!

U be fool, me check Rugby FC website
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by switch47(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
@post
    i want Chelsea to win!!   Chelsea to win - A MUST on this one !! cool cool
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by bandely(m): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
switch47:

@post
Is (S)Witch47 supporting Chelsea now? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by switch47(m): 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2009
bandely:

Is (S)Witch47 supporting Chelsea now? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
     No o!! i still dont like Ugly football, but for this one chelsea must win with their yeye soccer- because i put  $ cash on them and mancity   for bet365 though the[b] Odds is low [/b] dont know why am staking on chelsea but its all about the benjamins tonite. grin Let them win with their Ugly footie style  and make i collect my pay. Simple!! made about $380 off chelsea this season alone.   i only bet on games like manunted - Blackburn etc small odds but heavy stakes!! grin grin grin am yet to lose a dime.  i give   half cash to charity anyway!! tongue seriously   charity !!the girl next door. grin

@ back to post hope chelsea will play their full squad, plus dem Anelka , drogba, chech and the first team as usual even if they are playing DIVISION 5 team!!   grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by mykali(m): 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
switch47:

@post

JESUUUUUUSSSS!!!  shocked  shocked  shocked THIS MEANS DISASTER!!!

Are my eyes deceiving me?
yes they must be. definitely must be.

*goes to Lekki beach to wash eyes in water and comes back*

who is this switch impersonator?
do you know you can get sued? angry  angry  angry

grin
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by bandely(m): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2009
mykali:

JESUUUUUUSSSS!!!  shocked  shocked  shocked THIS MEANS DISASTER!!!

Are my eyes deceiving me?
yes they must be. definitely must be.

*goes to Lekki beach to wash eyes in water and comes back*

who is this switch impersonator?
do you know you can get sued? angry  angry  angry

grin

lol! Same thing to me, had to wash my eyes at Bermuda Triangle
switch47:

No o!! i still dont like Ugly football, but for this one chelsea must win with their yeye soccer- because i put  $ cash on them and mancity   for bet365 though the[b] Odds is low [/b] dont know why am staking on chelsea but its all about the benjamins tonite. grin Let them win with their Ugly footie style  and make i collect my pay. Simple!! made about $380 off chelsea this season alone.   i only bet on games like manunted - Blackburn etc small odds but heavy stakes!! grin grin grin am yet to lose a dime.  i give   half cash to charity anyway!! tongue seriously   charity !!the girl next door. grin

@ back to post hope chelsea will play their full squad, plus dem Anelka , drogba, chech and the first team as usual even if they are playing DIVISION 5 team!!   grin grin

No wonder, no be only Drogba And Anelka, na only Aderogba and Nneka! tongue tongue
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by mykali(m): 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2009
i laugh in Bermuda Language grin
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by bandely(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2009
mykali:

i laugh in Bermuda Language grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by switch47(m): 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2009
@ Mykali   (Daddy Chealsea)
  Whats cooking? i went to see eg[b]g[/b]lets play live at the stadium- that  could have affected my brain cells grin grin i put stakes on chelski for the fun of it when they play teams they can bully grin  winning a few dollars off chelsea isnt a bad idea to make up for not enjoying their play.   

@bandely
 Fsb i know, Nateev i know- who are thou? cheesy cheesy i have been busy doing Family stuff and running after cash i would have mistaken you for a fan of football , but now that i know you are a fan of chelsea you automatically become my friend with which i done winth a long spoon!! grin grin

Blue is the color- by fire by force football is the game-   if Ref fukc up Ballack can shout, Drogba can curse, Refereee will go on Excile, last last many are cold few are frozen(chelsea fans o) as the cup became spanish grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by lalaboi(m): 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2009
@swicth!

Chelsea will win in extra time and you'll loose ur bet tongue
Re: Carling Cup: Chelsea Vs Bolton [4 - 0] on Wed 28th by bandely(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2009
switch47:

@ Mykali   (Daddy Chealsea)
  Whats cooking? i went to see eg[b]g[/b]lets play live at the stadium- that  could have affected my brain cells grin grin i put stakes on chelski for the fun of it when they play teams they can bully grin  winning a few dollars off chelsea isnt a bad idea to make up for not enjoying their play.   

@bandely
 Fsb i know, Nateev i know- who are thou? cheesy cheesy i have been busy doing Family stuff and running after cash i would have mistaken you for a fan of football , but now that i know you are a fan of chelsea you automatically become my friend with which i done winth a long spoon!! grin grin

Blue is the color- by fire by force football is the game-   if Ref fukc up Ballack can shout, Drogba can curse, Refereee will go on Excile, last last many are cold few are frozen(chelsea fans o) as the cup became spanish grin grin

I laugh in Bermuda! ; grin grin Me Nateev or FBS? shocked shocked shocked shocked Wonders shall never end from the Barca fans
Do you want me to bring Kazeem (Rubin Kazan) to beat you? grin grin

lalaboi:

@swicth!

Chelsea will win in extra time and you'll loose your bet tongue

ROFLMAO! Lalaboi, you bad oo grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 16th March 2013 / Manchester United Vs Sunderland (1 - 0) On 5th November 2011 / Manchester United Vs Wigan (5 - 0) On 26th December 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.