Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. (1236 Views)

Obasanjo Will Die, Ibb Will Have Stroke, Fayose Will Be Impeached–Pro Olagunju / Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov / I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by BigB11(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2007
IBB will contest 2007 presidential election

By OLA AGBAJE
Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Former military President, General Ibrahim Babangida (rted) will soon bounce back to contest for this year’s presidential election under a political party which identity is still being kept secret.

Babangida’s close confidant and former Minister of Information, Chief Alex Akinyele disclosed this while speaking to Daily Sun in Lagos.

According to Akinyele, Babangida merely made a tactical retreat when he opted out of the PDP presidential primaries.
“He will still contest this year’s presidential election under a new party which I cannot disclose to you now.

“I was not surprised, neither was I shocked nor disappointed when he withdrew from the PDP primaries. I told you before that IBB will come out to contest and he confirmed that by picking the party’s form.

“But you saw the way some gentlemen were rubbished in the party primaries. IBB is too decent, too exposed and well experienced to allow himself to be rubbished under the guise of a guided democracy,” he said.

The Ondo high chief who decried the way the ruling party’s primaries were conducted said opting out of the race at that stage was the best decision for Babangida since according to him, “there are several avenues through which he can realise his presidential ambition outside PDP.”

“He is a great leader, loved by the people irrespective of creed and tribal affinity. You saw the unprecedented crowd that heralded his entrance into the race the day he went to pick the form. That tells you a lot about his popularity rating and general acceptability.

So he will come out under another platform. And if God so desires, he would be there,” he said.
The former minister who has just married a new wife also took time to warn his kinsman, Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) to stop harassing Babangida over the murder of the late editor in-chief of Newswatch magazine, Dele Giwa killed with a parcel bomb in October 1986.

He noted that Fawehinmi has explored all avenues available to pursue Babangida over the matter. “Gani has pursued Babangida for so long because IBB is what he is. He has tolerated Gani for long. There is no level Gani did not go to achieve justice. If you pursue a man and you cannot get him, you leave him alone.

“He should leave IBB alone. And I want to tell you one million Gani Fawehinmi cannot stop IBB from being the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, if God so desires.
“IBB is a complete gentleman and for Gani to continue to harrass him, rubbish him, molest him and blackmail him is because IBB is a gentleman. Let him do that to another person, the story would be different. We are appealing to millions of Babangida’s sympathisers to ignore Gani,” he said.

Akinyele however agreed with Fawehinmi that both President Olusegun Obasanjo and his vice Atiku Abubarkar are embarrassing Nigerians, especially, those in the diaspora over their conduct and deserve to be impeached.

He lamented that no Nigerian in the United States will be proud to identify with their fatherland because of the shameful conduct of their leaders.

“If you say you’re a Nigerian, they will tell you straight away that your president and are rogues. So tell me how can one be proud in such a situation,” he stated.
He called on the nation’s stakeholders to intervene and resolve the dispute between Obasanjo and Atiku in the interest of the nation.
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by mazaje(m): 6:53pm On Jan 02, 2007
IBB (the evil genius) should root in hell. Nigeria doesnt deserve robbers like him.
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by OLadi(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2007
I dont see it happening, with my analysis grin
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by azorjiu(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2007
is it another prophesy like the death of death of yar' adua?
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by superman(m): 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2007
the hell doors knockin!
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by otokx(m): 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2007
Why do people still quote sun newspapers?
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by feelgood(m): 1:46am On Jan 03, 2007
IBB 2 contest 2007 presidential elections - yeah, Atiku is also preparing to take charge of NASA's space station in US
Any more 'hot' news out there somebody?
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by McKren(m): 1:56am On Jan 03, 2007
their market has been rejuvinated
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by McKren(m): 2:15am On Jan 03, 2007
feelgood:

IBB 2 contest 2007 presidential elections - yeah, Atiku is also preparing to take charge of NASA's space station in US
Any more 'hot' news out there somebody?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by kitaun(m): 2:18am On Jan 03, 2007
Welcome y'all to reality!!
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by McKren(m): 2:21am On Jan 03, 2007
Alex Akinyele has told fans of IBB what they want to hear!!! good you guys can start celebrating your job is not gone yet but guys find something else and dont take alex akinyele seriously. Most of this people talking about IBB have not seen him for the past 3months.

Abu Fari of NDP is saying he is holding forth for IBB, after IBB's failure in the PDP Abu Fari sought to have a meeting with IBB to offer him the NDP ticket he was not even granted that meeting. It boils down to the question what is the motivation of these IBB suporters even when its obvious the man has chickened out.
People should find out if some are coning others with IBB's never ending ambition.
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by BigB11(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2007
It will be very interesting soon.

Just sit and watch.
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by Mamajama(m): 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2007
Interesting Alex Akinyele that has been married how many times? tell Alex to shave his mustache
Re: Ibb Will Contest 2007 Presidential Election. by BigB11(m): 1:59am On Jan 04, 2007
@MAMAJAMA

Dude, you keep going off line; what does Chief Alex Akinyele's married life or his mustache got to do with IBB contesting for 2007 presidential election?
Please, let's don't turn this forum into a day care play ground.

You really don't have to type anything if you've got nothing to say.

Stay focused, my friend.

Off the record, are you related to ODEKU?

(1) (Reply)

Election '08: Who Is Your Candidate For The White House? / Who Won The Iraq War? / The North Does Not Recognise Jonathan As Ag President – Rimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.