Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,451 members, 7,781,306 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:08 PM

Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean (104954 Views)

40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / 28 Toyota Trim Level Acronyms And What They Mean / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by Stanbeto: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2016
Good one thank you sir
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by macsilver(m): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Using licence plates in Nigeria is just a waste of time

How do you know a valid license plate??

It's not all useles. I learned there's a number you can send the number plate to and it would show the name of the owner and some other vital information
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by HopeAlive14(m): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2016
Rayboss:
today is my birthday, show me some love

Happy Birthday!

Wishing you many more years of good health and wealth.
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by kunleeko(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2016
Zoharariel:
Ademola Adeniji Adele kooo, Alibaba Arakangudu Abraham niii grin

AAA stands for Alimosho Local Government.
Boss, for the purpose of education, AAA stands for Ademola Adeniji Adele (Lagos Island) if u would like... KTU is for alimosho which is ikotun. Let people learn. Thanks...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by kunleeko(m): 8:19am On Oct 30, 2016
Dexema:
Think there are some errors in that compilation, I guess festac is the most popular and the headquarters of Amuwo-odofin that's why they used FST.
FST is for Amuwo Odofin, festac is the secretariat or capital.
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by basty: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2016
Good.

OP got everything right. God bless you.

Anything outside what he wrote with this little amendment is a lie.

AAA is Adeniji Adele and Ademola Adeniji Adele. (Ademola Adeniji Adele is a name of a person) while Adeniji Adele is a Local Government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by afoz: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2016
can somebody tell me how this post affect d price of commodity in d market. useless post
undecidedcan somebody tell me how this post affect d price of commodity in d market. useless post
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by Junki04(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2016
psp2pc:
I thought LSD was Lagos island.
Leave OP make e dey lie up and down.
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by flowx(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=StoneLucifer post=50618411]Irrelevant to nation building, and economic growth..[/quote on your side bros... People living in Lagos state cherish it more than any state in Nigeria. If your want to sell your car in anywhere in Nigeria, the buyers will appreciate it compare to those cars that had been used in other States because of there bad road. As a matter of fact, some mature and pro active guys in my State in ekiti, if they come to Lagos to buy their cars that make sure that they get Lagos number to it before the car get to ekiti state. Even when I was in school in ekiti, if i see your car registered any of Lagos numbers, I respect you more than those the people using ekiti number...OK!
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by YhungPablo(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2016
lsr and ksf the most popolos
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by Junki04(m): 8:35am On Oct 30, 2016
basty:
Good.

OP got everything right. God bless you.

Anything outside what he wrote with this little amendment is a lie.

AAA is Adeniji Adele and Ademola Adeniji Adele. (Ademola Adeniji Adele is a name of a person) while Adeniji Adele is a Local Government.
Adenini Adele a local government in Lagos? really? better don't say what you don't know

1 Like

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2016
Informative and educative. Thanks
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by CuteTj(m): 8:42am On Oct 30, 2016
snadguy007:
According to my own research o
KTU - KETU
AGL - AJEGUNLE
LSD - LAGOS ISLAND
LSD is Oshodi Isolo while AGL is AJEROMI IFELODUN. Ajegunle is in Ajeromi Ifelodun.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by onegig(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2016
Wrong about KTU. That's Ikosi-Ketu and not Ikotun, that one at least i know for sure.

And LSD is Lagos Island and not Oshodi,

LSR is Ilasamaja and not Surulere or whatever you wrote

I doubt you were even correct about the others ecept for the obvious ones.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by skales67(m): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2016
I always thought AGL was Ajegunle undecided
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by musa7m(m): 8:55am On Oct 30, 2016
IamJix:
undecided
still trying to figure
out how this info is useful
to the entire society
useful to people that stays in lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by sexysegxy: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2016
onegig:
Wrong about KTU. That's Ikosi-Ketu and not Ikotun, that one at least i know for sure.
I doubt you were even correct about the others sexcept for the obvious ones.
Dnt get it twisted. The OP got them right, for knowledge's sake.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by onegig(m): 9:03am On Oct 30, 2016
sexysegxy:

Dnt get it twisted. The OP got them right, for knowledge's sake.

I carry a KTU number plate. Are you inferring I don't know where I did my registration?
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by kan12(m): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2016
IamJix:
undecided
still trying to figure
to the entire society

Atayar o
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:28am On Oct 30, 2016
IamJix:
undecided
still trying to figure
to the entire society
its useful to me because i once ague with a friend during my teen that local govt can never be named after a man called AAA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by murmee: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2016
tonyissey1:

AAA.is for Lagos Island
Correct and it is the most sought after plate number in Lagos state. Some people pay a lot of money just to get it.
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by princefaculty(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2016
Na so so 'K' full am grin
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by Pain(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2016
I actually thought JJJ was Joro-Jara-Joro LGA

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by murmee: 10:21am On Oct 30, 2016
onegig:

I doubt you were even correct about the others ecept for the obvious ones.
LSD is Oshodi Local Government for sure. That is my car plate number so I know.
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by ugoc(m): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2016
okc1984:
Hello Please can anyone in the house tell me how to successfully register the recruitment.dpr.gov.ng/education form on line. i Have not passed the Education Certificates PDF uploading stage . Always showing me error. Thanks
Please can some one help out, am also stalked at this stage...pleaseeeeee
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by desmont004: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2016
So KTU no b KETU.... Hmmmm
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by toocoded: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
psp2pc:
I thought LSD was Lagos island.
Same here
Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by Mendelssohn(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
jidedoKQ:
Many people like me actually look at the three alphabets on Nigerian number plates and wonder what they stand for. Actually they stand for Local Governments or their headquarters. Since Lagos is one of the most popular cities (If not the most popular), lets start with Lagos number plates.

SMK- Somolu Local Government
JJJ = Ojo Local Government
KJA = Ikeja Local Government
AAA = Ademola Adeniji Adele
FKJ = Ifako Ijaiye *
AKD = Ibeju Lekki Local Government (the council Headquarters is in Akodo)
LND = Lagos Mainland Local Government
KTU = Alimosho Local Government (Ikotun)
BDG = Badagry Local Government
EKY = Eti-Osa Local Government (the council headquarters is in Ikoyi)
KRD = Ikorodu Local Government
EPE = Epe Local Government
MUS = Mushin Local Government
GGE = Agege Local Government
LSR = Surulere Local Government
LSD = Oshodi Isolo Local Government
KSF = Kosofe Local Government
AGL = Ajeromi Ifelodun Local Government
APP = Apapa Local Government
FST = Festac

Corrections and additional comments is welcome. Thank you

KTU is Ketu LG while AGL is Ajegunle. Ajeromi is LCDA and not a full fledged LG.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean by ojib(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
Zoharariel:
Ademola Adeniji Adele kooo, Alibaba Arakangudu Abraham niii grin

AAA stands for Alimosho Local Government.

guy! u dey vex ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos) / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.