Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] (7989 Views)

My 18-Year-Old Maid And Her Boyfriends / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by MercyLady3: 10:00am On Oct 29, 2016
How much is a maid paid per month [estimated figure] ?

If you don't have a maid, how much will you pay a maid per month if you on a 100k salary.

Let us assume the maid is at least 18 years and stays in the neighbourhood with his/her parent. You stay in Akure, Ondo state. You are a single young man living alone working in Akure. You don't have a car yet.

The maid will not do much job, just to go to the market to purchase food twice/thrice a week and probably clean common areas of your mini house.

Can also assist in cooking at will, maybe everyday [but of course flexible]. So, free food for the maid, free transport to go to the market as the market is a bit far and tasking and also you are a free friend to the maid [still under 29 years of age, so you can still be a friend to the maid]. And the maid of course, stays in the neighbourhood may not be too far from your house just by walking distance. May not be much of the work of a maid but of a housekeeper, supporter, or just a friend helping you but will be paid/

How much will you recommend paying the person [maid] per month despite having the above advantages ?

Feel free to put figures.

Thanks as you reply.
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by Acidosis(m): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2016

I will pay her N6500 monthly.
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by Swissheart(f): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2016
Hmmn.....8000naira
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by Acheron: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2016
8k is decent.
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by thesicilian: 10:20am On Oct 29, 2016
Minimum wage: 18,000 naira.

You didn't mention if there are children involved.
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by Acidosis(m): 10:29am On Oct 29, 2016
On a second thought, I do not think you need a maid.

8k or 18k from the above hypocrite is decent but largely unsustainable for a 100k earner; especially now that in addition with salary, you now want to feed two MOUTHS. Nawa!

Besides, why get a maid when laundry is excluded? With 4k, you can get your major wears cleaned and ironed in a month by a dry-cleaner (N200/shirt). Make your food when you can, and get your siblings or spouse to assist.

With 4k, a laundryman will clean and iron about 30 shirts and trousers. Mind you, most of these guys are graduates, some with higher degrees. So don't let any hypocrite bore you with the usual petty cries and perceptions about maids. Meanwhile, we are talking about Akure here (not Lagos or Abuja) where a lot of private school Teachers earn an average of N10k.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by rheether(f): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2016
I don't pay my maid..
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by MercyLady3: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
thesicilian:
Minimum wage: 18,000 naira.

You didn't mention if there are children involved.

Single, and living alone but working in Akure. Of course, I live within a friendly neighbourhood. I though having someone who can help sometimes with my bachelor life can be okay too just to cut some stress of bachelorhood. The maid can be a male or female but nothing beyond the ordinary.

Just trying to see a reasonable monthly price that can be negotiated.
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by marylynogbe: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
Google Coral Executive Agency for guide to negotiating salary with your domestic worker, rates for workers across the country.
www. coralexecutiveagency. com

Average rate for part time domestic worker across Nigeria:

1. 20,000 per month - for weekend only cleaners

2. 30,000- 50,000 for full time live in workers ( Suitable for Families)

3. 50,000 and above for Mature carers that care for tender, new born babies

Cheers
kiss kiss
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by abelswife(f): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
If you live around the University environment, there are people who come around to work(wash, clean) they are usually given between 1500 to 3k when they are through for that day. Im not comfortable with you getting someone to cook for you seeing that the person would wash and clean, you should be able to do the cooking yourself on weekends.
Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by tessytessy(f): 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
Started paying our nanny 15k a month and ended at 35k a month. Last year she got 150k Xmas Bonus.

She worked with us for 9years+ and has gone to open her own market. Very correct Nanny.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] by GodCovenant(m): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
you don't need a maid. beside its illegal to have a maid. what you need is a smally. look for a fine secondary school friend around. preferably boy. start by sending him erand and let him keep the change. little by little tell him or to always come to your house and watch TV or play games.

from there is begin. tell him to wash your clothes and clean the house living 500n for him.

sometimes when you are around take him out and buy something.

from there he will be coming to your place to help you. you will net pay him every time but make it an interval.

in conclusion as the end of it you will realized you have spend less than 10k on him.

the good side is that if you are down with financial challenge he will be dear for you till you bounce back.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Affordable Shoes, Bags, Wristwatches, Etc / Should I Tell My Wife? / What Would U Do If Ur Brother-inlaw Slapped U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.