Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:36 PM

"God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn (35900 Views)

Benny Hinn Goes Back To His Vomit With Oyakhilome / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Chris Oyakhilome Meets Benny Hinn For The First Time At #MHIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Ajeyo(m): 11:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
They have gone to rush baba Hinn for endorsement,that is not a clean game “pastor” chris joor.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by engrOBku4(m): 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
Maximus85:

Lol. Did you just refer to the Holy Spirit as a person?
why dis one dey laff? you no know something, U come dey laff like say u sabi am.

mumu, Holy Spirit na Person!!

2 Likes

Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by tunnamaniah(m): 1:41am On Oct 31, 2016
donnie:

That is not in the Bible. Or can you show me scriptural proof?
did u just say proof, just keep studying his word, he will prove it to u HIMself, as for me, I ain't proofing nothing
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by jared007: 1:53am On Oct 31, 2016
I get excited somehow when peeps criticize Pastor Chris bitterly becos they are actually confirming him to be a true Man of God. If u are a Pastor or a christian and no one is persecuting u, u need to check urself very well.

1 Like

Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2016
tunnamaniah:
did u just say proof, just keep studying his word, he will prove it to u HIMself, as for me, I ain't proofing nothing

mtcheew
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 7:26am On Oct 31, 2016
Ajeyo:
They have gone to rush baba Hinn for endorsement,that is not a clean game “pastor” chris joor.

You are talking nonsense.

It was Pst Benny Hinn who called Pastor Chris on phone saying He wanted to come to Nigeria.

He even repeated again and again during the conference, "make sure you invite me... I want to come to Nigeria every year!"

According to Hinn, the last time he saw the kind of grace he witnessed at CE was during the time of the late Arch Bishop Idahosa, only that this one exceeds.

The Mog has never needed the endorsement of men. God has been with him mightily and even his detractors are aware of this fact.

2 Likes

Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Maximus85(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2016
engrOBku4:

why dis one dey laff?
you no know something, U come dey laff like say u sabi am.

mumu, Holy Spirit na Person!!

Chai, how many times did the Bible refer to holy spirit as a person?

And before we go further, biko... What is the holy spirit?
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Abdulazeez007(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2016
is Chris a quake?
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by michaelwestern(m): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
oloriooko:

So you have liberty to do anything since He's the judge?
My friend no pastor will stand with you at judgement so stop all these human worship, condemn what's wrong and stop harbouring them
If you cannot take care of your family how can you take care of God's people? He's not the only one with big ministry why can't he manage his home well

His wife left him and not the other way round. Did you expect him to refuse to obey the court order when she sued him for divorce? He had no choice in the matter, so you can't blame him for the dissolution of his marriage.

If you truly have his best interest at heart, you should be praying for his wife to have a change of heart and go back to him. Not condemning him for his wife divorcing him.

1 Like

Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by oloriooko(m): 5:37am On Nov 01, 2016
michaelwestern:

His wife left him and not the other way round. Did you expect him to refuse to obey the court order when she sued him for divorce? He had no choice in the matter, so you can't blame him for the dissolution of his marriage.

If you truly have his best interest at heart, you should be praying for his wife to have a change of heart and go back to him. Not condemning him for his wife divorcing him.
The wife did not just wake up one day and served him a divorce letter shocked
The woman must have been ignored for so long after countless efforts to save their marriage but he was "busy" doing whatever.
No woman wants her home destroyed but every woman must be catered for and given attention as due. You talk like this cuz you guys heard only from your lord and master pastor and whatever he says is always true but dis you care to ask from her?
Are you aware that the highest giver in the ministry Bro Strive also left the ministry cuz of this issue?
Pastor Chris needs to reconcile with his wife, period!
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by michaelwestern(m): 9:24am On Nov 01, 2016
oloriooko:

The wife did not just woke up one day and served him a divorce letter shocked
The woman must have been ignored for so long after countless efforts to save their marriage but he was "busy" doing whatever.
No woman wants her home destroyed but every woman must be catered for and given attention as due. You talk like this cuz you guys heard only from your lord and master pastor and whatever he says is always true but dis you care to ask from her?
Are you aware that the highest giver in the ministry Bro Strive also left the ministry cuz of this issue?

Where did you get your own information from? How do you know that pastor Chris is not interested in reconciling with his wife if she wants? Or do you expect him to kidnap her if she doesn't want to reconcile with him?

All we can do is speculate, nobody really knows what caused their marital problems. What we know for sure is that anita sued for divorce and pastor Chris is blameless in that.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by oloriooko(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2016
michaelwestern:

Where did you get your own information from? How do you know that pastor Chris is not interested in reconciling with his wife if she wants? Or do you expect him to kidnap her if she doesn't want to reconcile with him?

All we can do is speculate, nobody really knows what caused their marital problems. What we know for sure is that anita sued for divorce and pastor Chris is blameless in that.
And your info is acceptable abi? SMH
He should ask Benny Hinn how he successfully reconciled with his wife and do same!
Stop shielding his unacceptable actions angry
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 1:08am On Nov 03, 2016
oloriooko:

The wife did not just wake up one day and served him a divorce letter shocked

So we should have gone to the press to publish the several attempts that were made by Dr. Oyakhilome and others to dissuade her from her actions?

Highest giver indeed... and the grace came from ?? Did the ministry shake after he left? Don't try our God. He is our sufficiency. He can choose to use whosesoever!

The reason you are here talking is because we are still very relevant and making even more global impact. Why not try persuading madam too like many have done and are still doing. Abi na Dr. Chris file for divorce?

1 Like

Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 1:15am On Nov 03, 2016
oloriooko:

He should ask Benny Hinn how he successfully reconciled with his wife and do same!

whose actions? Óde
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by oloriooko(m): 5:24am On Nov 03, 2016
donnie:

whose actions? Óde
Azz licker grin
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Abillsable: 6:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Maximus85:

Lol. Did you just refer to the Holy Spirit as a person?
YES HE IS A PERSON.STUDY YOUR BIBLE,IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Maximus85(m): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2016
Abillsable:

YES HE IS A PERSON.STUDY YOUR BIBLE,IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN.

Wow! First, who is a Christian? Does being a Christian mean you understand the Bible? And if you are referring to the Holy Spirit as a person then our Pastors have failed big time.
Keep an open mind. If you really don't want to argue or discriminate, I can show you from your Bible that the Holy Spirit is not a person and can never be equal to the Almighty God.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2016
Maximus85:

Wow! First, who is a Christian? Does being a Christian mean you understand the Bible? And if you are referring to the Holy Spirit as a person then our Pastors have failed big time.
Keep an open mind. If you really don't want to argue or discriminate, I can show you from your Bible that the Holy Spirit is not a person and can never be equal to the Almighty God.

oya show
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Maximus85(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2016
donnie:

oya show

Thank you. Can you please give me one instance where the Bible refer to the Holy Spirit as a person?
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Abillsable: 11:41am On Nov 04, 2016
Maximus85:

So you dont really believe the Holy Spirit is a person and yet the bible says in Genesis that He ''moved over the face of the waters''.You think its ordinary.This is something that you understand if you are saved.If you experience the miraculous in your life ,you know that you know there is someone working those things out.That is if you even understand the supernatural.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Maximus85(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
Abillsable:

So you dont really believe the Holy Spirit is a person and yet the bible says in Genesis that He ''moved over the face of the waters''.You think its ordinary.This is something that you understand if you are saved.If you experience the miraculous in your life ,you know that you know there is someone working those things out.That is if you even understand the supernatural.

The Bible used "He" for the Holy Spirit in Genesis?

Genesis 1:1,2 KJV

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
Maximus85:

Thank you. Can you please give me one instance where the Bible refer to the Holy Spirit as a person?

John 16:13

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears , and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 14:17

He is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor recognizes him. But you recognize him, because he lives with you and will be in you.

You said you will show me from the Bible that the Holy Spirit is not a person but then you turned around and gave me the assignment to prove He is.

I am still waiting for you to prove He is not a person using scriptures.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Maximus85(m): 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
donnie:

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears , and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 14:17

He is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor recognizes him. But you recognize him, because he lives with you and will be in you.

You said you will show me from the Bible that the Holy Spirit is not a person but then you turned around and gave me the assignment to prove He is.

I am still waiting for you to prove He is not a person using scriptures.

First of all, I really do appreciate the fact that you know where to find these things in the Bible and it's the best way to start understanding the scriptures.

Now, I'm sure you know and understand what personification is.
If a pronoun is ascribed to the Holy Spirit, thereby making it a person, then I want us to examine other parts of the Bible where other things are personified.

Personification does not prove personality.
It is true that Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper” and spoke of such helper as ‘teaching,’ ‘bearing witness,’ ‘giving evidence,’ ‘guiding,’ ‘speaking,’ ‘hearing,’ and ‘receiving.’

In so doing, the original Greek shows Jesus at times applying the masculine personal pronoun to that “helper”.

However, it is not unusual in the Scriptures for something that is not actually a person to be personalized or personified.
Wisdom is personified in the book of Proverbs (1:20-33; 8:1-36). Will you now refer to wisdom as a person because it's been personified? Can wisdom actually speak literally? Can it raise its voice?

I have plenty other instances where things are personified. But it doesn't mean they are a person.

What do you think?

I can show you the rest if you're interested.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
Maximus85:

First of all, I really do appreciate the fact that you know where to find these things in the Bible and it's the best way to start understanding the scriptures.

Now, I'm sure you know and understand what personification is.
If a pronoun is ascribed to the Holy Spirit, thereby making it a person, then I want us to examine other parts of the Bible where other things are personified.

Personification does not prove personality.
It is true that Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper” and spoke of such helper as ‘teaching,’ ‘bearing witness,’ ‘giving evidence,’ ‘guiding,’ ‘speaking,’ ‘hearing,’ and ‘receiving.’

In so doing, the original Greek shows Jesus at times applying the masculine personal pronoun to that “helper”.

However, it is not unusual in the Scriptures for something that is not actually a person to be personalized or personified.
Wisdom is personified in the book of Proverbs (1:20-33; 8:1-36). Will you now refer to wisdom as a person because it's been personified? Can wisdom actually speak literally? Can it raise its voice?

I have plenty other instances where things are personified. But it doesn't mean they are a person.

What do you think?

I can show you the rest if you're interested.

I think i recognize you... those ideas of yours have already been flawed.
You or your kin were engaged in a prolonged argument with myself and eplanning remember?

If its not you, you may take a look:

https://www.nairaland.com/2968434/genesis-1-26-god-talking/3
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Maximus85(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2016
donnie:

I think i recognize you... those ideas of yours have already been flawed.
You or your kin were engaged in a prolonged argument with myself and eplanning remember?

If its not you, you may take a look:

This is what hurts. I just showed you what the Bible says and you're disregarding it just because it doesn't support your argument. This is the word of God. It is the truth. It is light.
You've been taught this for a very long time by someone you respected so much, a man who is not perfect and who might really not understand the truth. So I don't expect you to accept this new position. Holy Spirit is not a separate person.
God is a spirit and he is holy. Same as Jesus and all the angels. There's no place in the Bible where Holy Spirit acted on its own. Holy Spirit is an active force of God. It is used by God, Jesus and even you.

Keep an open mind my brother. There's a whole lot you can learn.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 7:17am On Nov 05, 2016
Maximus85:

There's no place in the Bible where Holy Spirit acted on its own. Holy Spirit is an active force of God. It is used by God, Jesus and even you.

Keep an open mind my brother. There's a whole lot you can learn.

The Holy Spirit never acts on His own. That doesn't mean He is merely a force.. He is more than that. He is a person and He always points to Jesus.

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Don't get me wrong, I know you will still come forward with another rejoinder... It's your programming. So I'm not trying to change ur mind... just replying you so that ignorant Christians don't get misled.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Maximus85(m): 7:34am On Nov 05, 2016
donnie:

The Holy Spirit never acts on His own. That doesn't mean He is merely a force.. He is more than that. He is a person and He always points to Jesus.

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Don't get me wrong, I know you will still come forward with another rejoinder... It's your programming. So I'm not trying to change ur mind... just replying you so that ignorant Christians don't get misled.

Hmmmm. Who's an ignorant Christian here.
My Personification does not prove personality comment even when supported by the scriptures doesn't make sense to you and you blatantly disregarded it. And you are not ignorant?
I will take my time to repeat those scriptures and if you're true and sincere with yourself, you will go through them. But I don't expect you to think differently. We make no statement without the scriptures. The only scripture you've been quoting is John 16:13. For you to compare other scriptures for better understanding is seen as ignorance by you.

Wisdom is pasonified just like Holy Spirit: Proverbs (1:20-33; 8:1-36

Also at Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35, where it is depicted as having both “works” and “children.”

The apostle Paul personalized sin and death and also undeserved kindness as “kings.” (Ro 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12)

He speaks of sin as “receiving an inducement,” ‘working out covetousness,’ ‘seducing,’ and ‘killing.’ (Ro 7:8-11)
Yet it is obvious that Paul did not mean that sin was actually a person.

Be sincere and ask yourself, if personication is well used by Jesus and other apostles in the case of wisdom, undeserved kindness, sin and death, isn't it obvious that that same applied in the case of Holy Spirit?

1 Like

Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by donnie(m): 8:00am On Nov 05, 2016
Maximus85:

Hmmmm. Who's an ignorant Christian here.
My Personification does not prove personality comment even when supported by the scriptures doesn't make sense to you and you blatantly disregarded it. And you are not ignorant?
I will take my time to repeat those scriptures and if you're true and sincere with yourself, you will go through them. But I don't expect you to think differently. We make no statement without the scriptures. The only scripture you've been quoting is John 16:13. For you to compare other scriptures for better understanding is seen as ignorance by you.

Wisdom is pasonified just like Holy Spirit: Proverbs (1:20-33; 8:1-36

Also at Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35, where it is depicted as having both “works” and “children.”

The apostle Paul personalized sin and death and also undeserved kindness as “kings.” (Ro 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12)

He speaks of sin as “receiving an inducement,” ‘working out covetousness,’ ‘seducing,’ and ‘killing.’ (Ro 7:8-11)
Yet it is obvious that Paul did not mean that sin was actually a person.

Be sincere and ask yourself, if personication is well used by Jesus and other apostles in the case of wisdom, undeserved kindness, sin and death, isn't it obvious that that same applied in the case of Holy Spirit?

Mtcheew, See how proponents of your false theology were disgraced.
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Kayelyon: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2016
davtosh:

And let it not surprise any one if you are named as one of the victims.

lolz...... nailed it!
the fool says in His heart there is no God!

1 Like

Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Maximus85(m): 10:55am On Nov 05, 2016
donnie:

Mtcheew, See how proponents of your false theology were disgraced.

I just quoted some scriptures and you call it a disgraced theology. And you're a Christian. Wow!
Re: "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn by Kayelyon: 5:18am On Nov 07, 2016
oloriooko:

Lol.......
God bless Pastor Chris.
And God bless Anita Ebhodaghe!
As we observe the desperate manipulation of facts aimed at justifying "the anointed",
many unanswered questions abound.
It is well.
Yes, attacking "the anointed" however has never been scriptural.
But there are many unanswered questions!!!
My Advice : MOVE ON!
And refrain from talking about both PC & PA.
They have both moved on. In case you dont know.
The ministry is also growing.
Pray for PstAnita too. She gave up years of sacrifice wealth & glory. If we are not permitted to ask questions, at least take out time to pray for her. Thats if you hav any love in you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

White Garment Prophet And His Members Do The Zanku/Legwork Dance In Church / Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Donates Medical Equipments To Hospitals / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.