Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,482 members, 7,801,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: (1211 Views)

21 Most Commonly Confused Words In English Language. / The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft / Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by myners007: 6:11am On Oct 30, 2016
Examination :Please fill in the best correct option from A-D and kindly state your location. The simple English language test would be used to ascertain the speaking ability of most Nairalanders especially those who always claim to be Prof by correcting and quoting others for poor use of grammars.
The answer will be revealed at the end of the thread.
Good Luck.
Cc. Lalastical pls do the needful

1 Like

Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by HQuadreal: 6:25am On Oct 30, 2016
D.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Olabodedennis(m): 6:25am On Oct 30, 2016
C is the answer
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Realist2: 6:32am On Oct 30, 2016
D
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Brio984(m): 6:32am On Oct 30, 2016
D
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by xreal: 6:35am On Oct 30, 2016
B

3 Likes

Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Nicolars(m): 6:39am On Oct 30, 2016
it is A

2 Likes

Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by sinaj(f): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2016
C
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2016
C
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Raina80(f): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2016
A and here is why
When a third person subject is singular, the plural verb is used (woman - sells) whereas if it were a plural subject then the verb would be singular (women - sell)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Kentnickole(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2016
myners007:
Examination :Please fill in the best correct option from A-D and kindly state your location. The simple English language test would be used to ascertain the speaking ability of most Nairalanders especially those who always claim to be Prof by correcting and quoting others for poor use of grammars.
The answer will be revealed at the end of the thread.
Good Luck.
Cc. Lalastical pls do the needful

The correct option is “A“ because it has singular subject which wl attract plural verb. The structure is SVOO.
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 30, 2016
Sells/sell

Also depends.
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Oahray: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2016
A) sells/sells
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by BjDreamchaser(m): 10:24am On Oct 30, 2016
C.
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by ikeno(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2016
C
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by olujuwonj(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2016
a
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by uhalauju(f): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2016
A of course
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Ourown(m): 11:44am On Oct 30, 2016
C
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by busuyem: 12:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
All options are very wrong except A
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Mightyraw(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Its definetely A
We have a singular noun
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 31, 2016
Raina80:
A and here is why
When a third person subject is singular, the plural verb is used (woman - sells) whereas if it were a plural subject then the verb would be singular (women - sell)

Lols. Not in all cases. Ever heard of proximity and notional concord?
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 31, 2016
Kentnickole:

The correct option is “A“ because it has singular subject which wl attract plural verb. The structure is SVOO.

LOL. We're not talking about sentence structure here.
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Raina80(f): 12:37am On Oct 31, 2016
plavic:

Lols. Not in all cases. Ever heard of proximity and notional concord?
Just because you have not heard of it does not mean it does not exist.
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 31, 2016
Raina80:

Just because you have not heard of it does not mean it does not exist.

Lols. Of course I know it exists. Why else would I ask if you knew 'them.' (i mentioned two btw)

I was trying to tell you that it's not in all cases that singular nouns take plural verbs and vice versa.
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Raina80(f): 1:23am On Oct 31, 2016
plavic:

Lols. Of course I know it exists. Why else would I ask if you knew 'them.' (i mentioned two btw)

I was trying to tell you that it's not in all cases that singular nouns take plural verbs and vice versa.
l
Look I am not looking for a tutorial. My response was specific to the question posed. May I be excused from this dialogue now?
Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 31, 2016
Raina80:
l
Look I am not looking for a tutorial. My response was specific to the question posed. May I be excused from this dialogue now?

RAINA, No one is giving you free tutorials. If I ever wanted to take tutorials, I would demand some payments. Nothing is free for even I buy books for knowledge.

BYE.

1 Like

Re: Can You Pass This Simple Nairaland English Language Test ?: by Kentnickole(m): 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
plavic:

LOL. We're not talking about sentence structure here.
Lol... Just trying to drive my point further.

(1) (Reply)

Buk Faculty Of Communication: New Faculty; New Problems / Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Imo State 2017/2018 Post Utme Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.