Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Senator Commends Cleric For National Image, Charity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Commends Cleric For National Image, Charity (602 Views)

Buhari Commends Saraki, Dogara, Lawmakers For Passing 2016 Budget / Atiku And Wife Register For National I.D Card At Thier Abuja Residence / Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senator Commends Cleric For National Image, Charity by TheLight2: 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pastor Temitope. B. Joshua of Synagogue Church of All Nations has been commended for his contributions to the country and the rebranding efforts of the government. The vice chairman of Senate Committee on the Federal Capital, Senator Anthony Agbo, who said this during the holiday, pointed out that he was overwhelmed by what he saw on the Emmanuel TV of the Synagogue Church of All Nations. He explained that the number of foreigners who troop into the Church made him think about any other spot in the country that could attract such mammoth influx of foreign nationals into Nigeria, adding that such outlet could only be possible as a blessing of God.

The senator who is also the National Patron of National Association of Disabled Persons in Nigeria, said the influx of citizens of different countries to come and benefit from healing and the un-paralleled charity works of the Church made him happy to be a Nigerian in spite of everything.

"Watching the Emmanuel TV, I cannot see myself fail to glorify God for giving this kind of gift and man of God to Nigeria. The TV channel has made Nigeria one of the world's hottest spots for religious tourism. Agbo identifies poverty as the greatest problem of the country, lamenting that the situation is compounded by the fact that the rich get richer but hold tightly unto what they have because no rich man wants to give the smallest bit of what he has to the next poor person in his community either a cripple or widow.

He added: "In Emmanuel, I see in contrast how an individual is being used by God to gather all the people rejected by the society, dwarfs who nobody want to associate with, widows with pathetic and plaintive cries as well as disabled persons who live under the bridges and on the streets of all states in the country. He clothes, feeds and rehabilitates them. Mother Theresa of Calcutta got the Nobel prize and highest award in India. From what I have seen in Emmanuel TV within the last two months, Pastor Joshua deserves the national award; not only for his charitable works, but to glorify God. It is not for him as a person but to God for giving this gift to Nigeria and Africa."

Source: The Guardian Newspaper.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/ibru_center/article17//indexn3_html?pdate=251009&ptitle=Senator%20Commends%20Cleric%20For%20National%20Image,%20Charity&cpdate=261009

(1) (Reply)

Tension Is High / Bode George's Prison Uniform Ready On Friday! / Cbn Wants Banks To Report Politicians Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.