Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975103 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
I honestly feel, you applying again will border on harrasment as I feel your continuous applications already make you seem desperate. As advised above, take time out relax, go to other countries, even explore other options for immigration if that's your view and above all remember that there is a lot of uncertainty with Trump in power and we all have to thread carefully.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Like i said earlier, there is a presumption that you are going to use dis ur 'honeymoon visa' for childbirth, and i think that the VO saw thru it and denied u on dat basis for nt been sincere, now u finally established d vo's assumption by now applying d 2nd time for wat u had always wanted. Probably, d 1st VO u met made a note on ur application. Pls dont bother to reapply, wait it out and probably apply for ur nxt baby. MY OPINION [quote author=Eje18 post=53258534]Helo house. I am a silent reader.. October 12 2016 i applied for honeymoon visa with my hubby. In AbujaThe transcript below.
Vo: Goodmorning
Hubby: Good morning
Vo: why do u want to go to the Us
Hubby: for our honeymoon
Vo: do you have children
hubby: No.( but i was 2months plus pregnant. He didnt ask me if i was pregnant so i didnt bother telling him. Besides we were just going for honeymoon.)
Vo: what do u do. And where do you
Hubby: ........
Vo. What does your wife do and where does she work
Hubby: ..........
Vo: sorry your visa has been denied

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
Also, we have to stop this 'i wasn't asked if I was going to give birth' line. If you were pregnant at the time of your interview and they asked why are you going to the US, you had the opportunity to have notified them at that point that you were pregnant even if you hadn't made up your mind to use the visa for that purpose. When my wife and I applied, when asked at the interview, we stated bluntly that she was planning to give birth in the US which was our main reason for the visa( We found out DW was pregnant after we had started the application process)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
If u dont mind a shared apartment pls contact me...i was in intown suite...was paying approximately 950 monthly buy had to rethink cos dollar is not laffing ...intown suite is vry comfortable though ...the diff is like 300 dollars....
Chanbaby:

People just come here drop questions and go. Pls mbok read back u will get answers to ur questions let's not be lazy. Use the search option and get ur answer
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
Anyone using oakbend ...west houston and methodist? I f you are interested in sharing accomodation pls contact me....i actually stayed in the hotel for some weeks but the cost was draining my purse...i need pple to join me so we could rent appartment..i hav delivered though......just the about two months vacatn part left. If you wanna consider hotel...intown suit is very good and you dnt pay tax if staying up to 5 weeks...meaning you pay like 950 monthly...rented accomodation is like 250-300 dollars cheaper though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamachlozo: 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
Pls has anyone used CHI st lukes? Trying to make a choice between Chi st lukes and Oakbend. Prices are almost the same from the estimates I've recieved.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
I totally agree with the bolded statement. DW wasnt asked if she was pregnant even though it was obvious but she was asked if she had a child and her response was no but she is expecting one thus the reason for the application

Dwebb55:
Also, we have to stop this 'i wasn't asked if I was going to give birth' line. If you were pregnant at the time of your interview and they asked why are you going to the US, you had the opportunity to have notified them at that point that you were pregnant even if you hadn't made up your mind to use the visa for that purpose. When my wife and I applied, when asked at the interview, we stated bluntly that she was planning to give birth in the US which was our main reason for the visa( We found out DW was pregnant after we had started the application process)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
1. If you still wish to have a child in the US, wait for the next child after this one, you will have in Nigeria.

2. Give about 1-2 years before reapplying, and reapply when your newborn is 1 year old. Travel to countries whose visa applications, require scrutiny.

3. $13,000 is not the ideal for childbirth - $15000 to $20000 is the normal range.

4. It will be kind of hard to convince, a VO, that your next application isn't for childbirth - so just apply for a medical visa straight up.

Eje18:
Helo house. I am a silent reader.. October 12 2016 i applied for honeymoon visa with my hubby. In AbujaThe transcript below.
Vo: Goodmorning
Hubby: Good morning
Vo: why do u want to go to the Us
Hubby: for our honeymoon
Vo: do you have children
hubby: No.( but i was 2months plus pregnant. He didnt ask me if i was pregnant so i didnt bother telling him. Besides we were just going for honeymoon.)
Vo: what do u do. And where do you
Hubby: ........
Vo. What does your wife do and where does she work
Hubby: ..........
Vo: sorry your visa has been denied under section........

January 5th 2017 i decied to apply again. This time around for b1b2 visa and alone. Same Abuja.

Vo: why do you want to go to the Us
Me: for child birth
Vo. Do u know how much this trip will cost you.
Me. Yes. Slightly above 13k USD. ( tried showing her my budget sheet. But she said she didnt need to see it)
Vo: what do u do
Me:.......
Vo: what does your hubby do
Me: .......
Vo: have u traveled before out of nigeria
Me. Yes to SA
Vo. How many months is your pregnancy
Me. 6months gone
Vo. Madam nothing has changed from your previous appliation and now. When it changes apply again.

I felt very said. I decided i was going to apply again.
But no more in Abj now in lag. So today 30th of january i decied to apply again. My appointment time was 7.15am. It rained i even got soaked. On the queue i saw how they screen a pregnant woman in front of me then denied her. The elderly woman i was told usually give denied almost every1. I was really scraed. Then a young guy at window 4. Gave a couple and a single lady. It was my turn same window 4.
Vo. Goodmorning. Where in the Us are you going to
Me. Houston texas
Vo. What is happening there
Me. I am going for child birth.
Vo. How much have u planned for this trip
Me. Slightly above 13k USD( tried showing him my budget sheet. He said please just hold on)
Vo. Where does your hubby work and how much does he earn
Me . I told him.
Vo. Where do you work and how much do u earn
Me. I told him. ( he kept on typing)
Vo. How did you know about this hospital
Me: referals from friends and research and because of the good reviews we got we decided( i and my hubby) to use this hospital
Vo. I can see u have been denied twice in Abuja why did u come to lagos.
Me: well Abuja airport will be shut down from next week i plan on traveling from lagos once i get my visa. Thats why i just came straight to lagos.
Vo. Ok
He kept on typing. Then handed me a denial papper..

Please what do u think went wrong. Is there something am not doing. because people are saying i should apply for emergency interview.is there anything like that. And please if i apply will i still stay in lag. Will they say am desperate. I will be 8months in 2weeks. Please help.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tossyn147: 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iumezinwa1: 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
oniwoski:
Anyone using oakbend ...west houston and methodist? I f you are interested in sharing accomodation pls contact me....i actually stayed in the hotel for some weeks but the cost was draining my purse...i need pple to join me so we could rent appartment..i hav delivered though......just the about two months vacatn part left. If you wanna consider hotel...intown suit is very good and you dnt pay tax if staying up to 5 weeks...meaning you pay like 950 monthly...rented accomodation is like 250-300 dollars cheaper though

Please i sent you an email. I am a March ending Mum . I intend to travel feb 25th. Please email me i am interested.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2017
debby516:
Like i said earlier, there is a presumption that you are going to use dis ur 'honeymoon visa' for childbirth, and i think that the VO saw thru it and denied u on dat basis for nt been sincere, now u finally established d vo's assumption by now applying d 2nd time for wat u had always wanted. Probably, d 1st VO u met made a note on ur application. Pls dont bother to reapply, wait it out and probably apply for ur nxt baby. MY OPINION
Thank u ds is it and maybe that's y she was asked how fa she has gone during the second interview.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 30, 2017
Mamachlozo:
Pls has anyone used CHI st lukes? Trying to make a choice between Chi st lukes and Oakbend. Prices are almost the same from the estimates I've recieved.
Chi st Luke u have to pay 20k deposit hope u called dem to be sure bcs I hv called twice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamachlozo: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
finegirlna:

Chi st Luke u have to pay 20k deposit hope u called dem to be sure bcs I hv called twice

Ha!! Serious matter! I didnt speak to the hospital directly. Dr Z sent me a quote for his own bill and hospital charges for oakbend, Chi st lukes and Methodist sugarland and it didn't state anything about a 20k deposit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
Good day mama's and papas in the house. Please I want to find out how I can get to rent a car in Atlanta.....the transportation system here no nice at all. Please kindly put me thru if u have an idea. Also can I drive with my naija licence......please any useful info will be appreciated o mbok
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
finegirlna:

Gbam!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 7:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
Thank u so much @shawlar

shawlar:

Yes, you can.

The only advantage (if it can be called one) is that you would not need to process a naija visa or ETC

The ETC is just a letter written on the Naija embassy letter head and can be used only once while the 9ja visa is on the American passport and can be used multiple times (if its a multple entry visa sha).

ETC = Emergency Travel Certificate

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
Posh404:
Good day mama's and papas in the house. Please I want to find out how I can get to rent a car in Atlanta.....the transportation system here no nice at all. Please kindly put me thru if u have an idea. Also can I drive with my naija licence......please any useful info will be appreciated o mbok

You can use your naija licence as far as it's the new one issued by FRSCN . Or better still you can get the intenational drivers licence issued by by same FRSCN,it takes about 3days to get it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
I'm sorry o wink

If u can get visa on arrival with ur American passport.....why do people still go ahead to get Nigerian passport and 9ja visa before leaving the states?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 7:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
Thanks. I have the new one. Can the international one be gotten here in Atlanta?......and Pls any info on how to rent a car will be appreciated

Babatwi:

You can use your naija licence as far as it's the new one issued by FRSCN . Or better still you can get the intenational drivers licence issued by by same FRSCN,it takes about 3days to get it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hi all. Pls anyone has successfully used Visa on Arrival (VOA) should pls answer my question or comment. Thanks.

The person in naija that wants to help u goes to immigration office in ikoyi (about 10 days or so before you and LP are to return back to Naija), asks for d requirements to apply for VOA, applies, will then be told when to come back for it. He/she then goes back for it and emails it to you.

You print and take the document sent to u when travelling back to Naija. When u get to naija, u go to the VOA section and pay $200.

Pls is that ALL?

No extra charges or payments?

Thanks in advance for ur "useful" responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2017
Good question.

I guess for those who already planned to, or are willing to go to the states in the US where they can get the passports, getting it makes sense cuz its cheaper than paying for a visa, whether in the US, or the Visa on Arrival in Nigeria....u get it...?

Swisstk:
I'm sorry o wink

If u can get visa on arrival with ur American passport.....why do people still go ahead to get Nigerian passport and 9ja visa before leaving the states?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2017
Mamachlozo:

Ha!! Serious matter! I didnt speak to the hospital directly. Dr Z sent me a quote for his own bill and hospital charges for oakbend, Chi st lukes and Methodist sugarland and it didn't state anything about a 20k deposit.
Maybe u shud google the Hosp get their number and call.bcs I called twice on diff days to be sure and I told dem self pay patient and dey sed yes it has been increased from 2500 to 20k so ask well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamachlozo: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2017
finegirlna:

Maybe u shud google the Hosp get their number and call.bcs I called twice on diff days to be sure and I told dem self pay patient and dey sed yes it has been increased from 2500 to 20k so ask well

No need to call then.. they are on their own. Oakbend it is. Make I quick pay before them change their mind too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
Thank you so much.

American passport $80 normal timing
American passport $165 expedited
Nigerian passport $ ?
Nigerian visa $ ?
ETC $ 350
VOA $ 200

Please help me verify. Thanks

igetam:
Good question.

I guess for those who already planned to, or are willing to go to the states in the US where they can get the passports, getting it makes sense cuz its cheaper than paying for a visa, whether in the US, or the Visa on Arrival in Nigeria....u get it...?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
Posh404:

Thanks. I have the new one. Can the international one be gotten here in Atlanta?......and Pls any info on how to rent a car will be appreciate

No it can't be gotten in Atlanta,i thought you were still in 9ja. Just make do with the one you have. Car hire are all over the place in Atlanta just Google and check the one closest to you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sexymj(f): 11:54pm On Jan 30, 2017
My people, please i need affordable hosp n docs in new jersey. Pls i need it asap. Thank yoi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 31, 2017
sexymj:
My people, please i need affordable hosp n docs in new jersey. Pls i need it asap. Thank yoi
Hahaha..ASAP.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 4:05am On Jan 31, 2017
sexymj:

Yes sir! Commander in Chief of Nairaland forces, we are on it ASAP

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 4:11am On Jan 31, 2017
sexymj:

google is your friend, asap of course.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 4:25am On Jan 31, 2017
Thanks alot.

quote author=Babatwi post=53278227]

Car hire are all over the place in Atlanta just Google and check the one closest to you[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chirolechick: 7:11am On Jan 31, 2017
English is quite tricky, I understand you may need it to urgently make a decision or in a tight corner, but there are nicer ways to coin the word instead of the way you did up there like seh pesin na your servant, haba na, use the search button, a few mamas have used NJ eg TKM if i'm not wrong oo

sexymj:

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.