Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,282 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:26 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (968983 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kehara: 2:56am On Feb 09, 2017
@ dittobaby I have some questions.
Did the VO ask you at the interview if you were pregnant?
If yes what was your response?
You need to prove to the VO you didn't tell a lie at your interview.
I was also called for an interview when I did the drop box renewal in 2015 and in my case I told a lie and already knew what was coming. Told the VO after asking me why I said I wasn't pregnant at the interview that I didn't know about the pregnancy until after the interview (about 8weeks )and I had some complications and decided to seek medical attention in the US . After every question,told her my receipt was with me and I paid all my bills.
Also kept on telling her how much I paid. After enough questions she told me she would issue me the Visa.
You already know the most likely questions (prepare yourself and decide what to say). It's okay to be anxious but don't let the VO think you have anything to hide.
If you weren't asked any question or you indicated you were pregnant then just have all your prove of payments with you.
Most importantly pray hard. I wish you God's favor

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 3:58am On Feb 09, 2017
Ive sent you mail. Im a houston mum interested in accomodation sharing.
emerald274:
Is there a way all interested in shared accomodation in Houston can organize for a shared apartment to save cost?
And can those familiar with accomodation in Houston please give us suggestions?

I'm likely to use Oakbend (I wish there were other cheaper options) but I should be in Houston on the 27th of this month. I am still searching (blindly) for accomodation. Will really really really love to share in order to save cost.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 4:02am On Feb 09, 2017
I think more honesty. You can also add that at the time of interview, you and DH were not ready to allocate so much of your savings to childbirth as you had gotten an estimate ftom friends. ps. Ds answer would fly if you were not already quite far at interview time.
Lipsyred:
My lovely people GOODDAY.I need advise I post my trip to USA some years back,I discovered the platform late when I was about leaving for the usa for visit but I also had my baby then,which was disclosed at the Poe was advise to come with my evidence of payment for anything for usa.I went for renewal via dropbox and was told to come for interview which I did.The consular ask me to brief him about my trip,I did including d delivery part.He then said I didn't say that at interview before I cud mak any explaination or show proof of all payments he just give me d denial letter.I intend going for a renewal again and have scheduled for interview,I am scared o.I gave the reason for refusal in my form now and was honest about everything.Can someone just give advise on way to handle this at the interview.Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dittobaby: 5:43am On Feb 09, 2017
kehara:
@ dittobaby I have some questions.
Did the VO ask you at the interview if you were pregnant?
If yes what was your response?
You need to prove to the VO you didn't tell a lie at your interview.
I was also called for an interview when I did the drop box renewal in 2015 and in my case I told a lie and already knew what was coming. Told the VO after asking me why I said I wasn't pregnant at the interview that I didn't know about the pregnancy until after the interview (about 8weeks )and I had some complications and decided to seek medical attention in the US . After every question,told her my receipt was with me and I paid all my bills.
Also kept on telling her how much I paid. After enough questions she told me she would issue me the Visa.
You already know the most likely questions (prepare yourself and decide what to say). It's okay to be anxious but don't let the VO think you have anything to hide.
If you weren't asked any question or you indicated you were pregnant then just have all your prove of payments with you.
Most importantly pray hard. I wish you God's favor

No, I wasn't asked if I was pregnant. The VO asked where in the US and I said Orlando, Florida but I ended up going to Houston.
Thanks so much for the tips. I have just a few hours left !
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amother4life: 5:47am On Feb 09, 2017
ifedee:

Thank you for your response. Did you also add your baby's ticket/flight itinerary. Or can I just use my own flight itinerary to show evidence of travel date.

My sincere gratitude as I await your response.
Obviously you are applying for the baby so they baby's name had to be on the itinerary.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tablesturn: 7:26am On Feb 09, 2017
Good day great people. Please has anyone here done an Emergency Travel Certificate from Atlanta. are the requirements same as on the 1st page of this thread (How much does it cost now?) and can it be done in 48 hours? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:09am On Feb 09, 2017
Congratulations
Answer.
1. Yes you can but also go with the ones from Nigeria because you are domicile here.

2. It is not too early to apply in Feb

3. Yes you can state you will be staying with a relative.
Your husband should also corroborate what every you filed or said. I advice you print your form after filling it and give him to go through before his interview.

These are my take though I believe others will give better ideas.
Good luck

amune1:
Good Evening All, I am new here and have learnt so much already. Kindly assist with answers on the following to help me plan better. i a first time october mum and i have a visa which will expire in april. i had used it on visit in 2015 to the US. I intend to apply through dropbox this february to allow me plan my trip with the cost of ticket. i had already saved part of my money in a US bank and have all the other bulk as an investment.

1. is it okay to have a US bank statement and Investment letter as proof of fund to show at the interview incase am invited?
2. Is it too early applying in February?
3. Can i state i will be staying with a relative in my form? (DH will go for an interview after mine, is it okay for him to put same?)

Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 9:29am On Feb 09, 2017
Jehovah Omini do do do!!!!! He has done it for me ooh I and I am ever grateful to everyone here may God bless you all... Just got my visa approved today with my mum. Transcript coming up grin

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ajobi21: 9:33am On Feb 09, 2017
Hello house...no one has answered my question o...so i here i go to post it again...thanks
Good morning house, how are you all doing. I had my first baby in 2015 on a B1/B2 visa after visiting on the visa first. I have renewed the visa without any stress in december. i will like to have my other babies in US this year. My worry is should i visit on the visa first (like i did before)or just go and deliver. Has anyone had experience with this lately. I think I may be pregnant ...thus travelling for the fun of it is not really ideal 4 me. Any suggestions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by emerald274: 10:05am On Feb 09, 2017
Amiableada:
please sorry to bother you. how long did your drop box appication stay before they called you for an interview? i am asking because i submitted my application over two weeks ago and i am yet to hear from them

Though I wasn't called for an interview, mine took about 8 days before it was ready. Perhaps they tend to scrutinize those that have travelled to give birth more than those that didn't.
I think the duration it takes has nothing to do with whether you filled the form by yourself or used an agent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 09, 2017
tablesturn:
Good day great people. Please has anyone here done an Emergency Travel Certificate from Atlanta. are the requirements same as on the 1st page of this thread (How much does it cost now?) and can it be done in 48 hours? Thanks
why ETC? U can get both passports in Atl same day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iumezinwa1: 2:02pm On Feb 09, 2017
Urbanbeauty:
To God be all the glory, we had my baby on the 23rd of December at Oakbend medical center with Dr E. The service was exceptional and nurses were very friendly.

We got all her documents ( birth certificate, blue passport, social securiy no and emergency travel certifcate) all in one week this January.

My host was very nice and sweet and was very helpful.

My profound gratitude goes to every kind contributor on this platform, the words of advice were invaluable.

May God bless us all.

Pleas can you send me the contact detail for Dr E. i also sent you an email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biodunajayi: 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2017
please can I have the full name of Dr. E. so I can contact him for my delivery. thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gratefulalways: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2017
Don't worry Madam, they'll get back to you. I understand your anxiety. It will end in praise.

Amiableada:
i have been checking since monday but they said they havent recieved it. i am really confused

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Uchesworld: 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello house,

Please I need clarification on a few things.

I had my first child in the US in the year 2015, I am now pregnant and will like to go on my second missionary journey. The issue is my visa will expire in July and I am due in September, my passport will also be expiring in September of this year as well.

Please house, what do I do in order not to have any issues.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2017
Uchesworld:
Hello house,

I had my first child in the US in the year 2015, I am now pregnant and will like to go on my second missionary journey. The issue my visa will expire in July and I am due in September, my passport will also be expiring in September of this year.

Renew your passport, and travel with your old passport with the visa on it. It's perfectly fine to have 2 passports with the visa on the old one.

Ensure you travel before your visa expires.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Uchesworld: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2017
anonymousmum:

Renew your passport, and travel with your old passport with the visa on it. It's perfectly fine to have 2 passports with the visa on the old one.

Ensure you travel before your visa expires.

Thanks so much for the prompt response, can my passport be renewed before September?

Can that be done?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2017
Uchesworld:
Hello house,

I had my first child in the US in the year 2015, I am now pregnant and will like to go on my second missionary journey. The issue is my visa will expire in July and I am due in September, my passport will also be expiring in September of this year as well.

You can handle it 2 ways.
1. You can renew your passport and travel with the visa in your old passport in July before the visa expires,but if you don't want to travel that early,you can explore the 2nd option
2. You can renew your passport and apply for a dropbox visa renewal and travel with the new passport and new visa

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2017
Yes you can
It can be done.

Uchesworld:

Thanks so much for the prompt response, can my passport be renewed before September?

Can that be done?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2017
Uchesworld:

Can that be done?

Yes,your passport can be renewed some months before it's expiry date in September

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2017
Uchesworld:

Can that be done?

You can renew your passport six months before expiration. Same rule applies to your visa. Only issue is that Nigerian Immigration Service are really low on booklets so that might cause a slight delay.

All the bestb
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iamnikky69: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
[quote author=dora2007 post=53534685][/quote]

Thanks a lot...i really appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Uchesworld: 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
Thanks so much house.
I really appreciate you all. GOD bless us all and grant us our heart desires.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
Good day everyone.pls my Mum applied for b1/b2 visa, had her interviewed in Lagos and she was denied.she was asked for her own medical report of which she did not av.
Pls i will be travellin nxt month for delivery and I av a 14 months old daughter.
She went wiv my Dr's correspondence,my visa page,my daughter U.S.passport page,budget list,statement of account and oda docs
Pls i want her to reapply again,wat oda docs does she needs to go wiv
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
ajobi21:
Hello house...no one has answered my question o...so i here i go to post it again...thanks
Good morning house, how are you all doing. I had my first baby in 2015 on a B1/B2 visa after visiting on the visa first. I have renewed the visa without any stress in december. i will like to have my other babies in US this year. My worry is should i visit on the visa first (like i did before)or just go and deliver. Has anyone had experience with this lately. I think I may be pregnant ...thus travelling for the fun of it is not really ideal 4 me. Any suggestions

There is no need traveling first before delivery. U used ur previous visa for delivery and renewed without issues so why d worries? Just go and deliver

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bukiformee: 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
Good day all. Please does anyone know any cheap hospital in Chicago and doctor as well? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 10:49pm On Feb 09, 2017
Babatwi:

You can handle it 2 ways.
1. You can renew your passport and travel with the visa in your old passport in July before the visa expires,but if you don't want to travel that early,you can explore the 2nd option
2. You can renew your passport and apply for a dropbox visa renewal and travel with the new passport and new visa
For me i think its better she use your 2nd option to renew her visa before travelling because the CBP officer might decide to stamp her in till the duration of her old passport with visa which will expire in september and remember that september is her due month as well,so its a bit dicey.Had it been that it is only her Visa that will expire in july,then its okay,but since her visa and passport is expiring on july & september respectively,the CBP officer might not even care to look at her new passport,and stamp her in till september and wahala starts,So she better be prepared than to be taken unawares.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2017
Came into USA around Dec and my passport I to expire by Feb(this month) ....was stamped in 6month. My visa valid till October

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 12:50am On Feb 10, 2017
Please who is using Dr. Ezekiel @ oakbend? Pls those that used and had a baby how much . Any extra's by d side.. please I would love ur response. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 3:18am On Feb 10, 2017
Posh404:
Came into USA around Dec and my passport I to expire by Feb(this month) ....was stamped in 6month. My visa valid till October
Your case is quite different because your Visa is still valid till October this year,So its ok if your Visa is still valid for longtime,then its normal u can make another passport so far u still have a longtime valid Visa in your about to expire passport. But her own, the visa will expire in july and her passport will expire in september, Her delivery date will be september and probably she will be travelling in June. So its dicey. they might stamp her in till september which is the remaining duration of her passport., Its just my opinion, though it might be different at the POE,.but its just for her to be on a safer side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (416)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.