Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (974257 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 2:18am On Nov 24, 2016
[quote author=nneka3000 post=51317146][/quote]

Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 5:24am On Nov 24, 2016
BeckyU:

Pls send me a pm.will give you his mobile number. That may be faster.

Thank you so much BeckyU, I've already spoken with him.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by coolcathy(f): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2016
Hello wonderful people, does anyone know of any bank currently selling PTA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dxbconnection(f): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Good Morning guys,

After my first post here i had been getting emails and inquiries. I did not realize I had to actually reply from my email. I thought Nairaland had that dm option. If i had know I wouldn't have registered with my 'official private email' grin grin grin Let me address some of the questions here.

1. No I do not have a rented apartment in Chicago. I will be staying with family- However, I am going to America tomorrow and I could look around and give a cost estimate for apartment or you can check Airbnb

2. I do not have a flight for my birth trip in May. I only have for this trip. Using Emirates. Dubai-Los Angeles-Chicago-Dubai. Cost about 800 USD for my husband and I.

3. I am most likely using Presence Health Group Chicago, the closest hospital to my host is St. Francis Hospital. All inclusive cost without epidural and pediatrician is USD 3,500. I can't give reviews oo. Haven't even seen the hospital. Epidural is 650.

4. I did not have to use travelex or source for Dollar because there has been a fixed rate here for over 20 years and you can basically get Dollar at a freaking metro station at same rate nationwide.

5. As for the difficulty people have been having in booking flights I have some suggestions. Do not use agents. Look for flights yourself. And use airline websites. If you must use agents because you are busy or just can't get the hang of flight booking, get rates from different agents and compare. Or look for friends and family abroad that can help you book your flight in a stable currency and you pay them in Naira so u don't have much margins because of exchange rates.

Okbye!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2016
Hello mama's finding flights, you may find this useful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 10:58am On Nov 24, 2016
I'm presently in LA, if you are looking for accommodation in LA pls mention me cos I ve a 2 bedroom apartment to share.

Hotel price won kill me.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dxbconnection(f): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2016
freshtestimony:
I'm presently in LA, if you are looking for accommodation in LA pls mention me cos I ve a 2 bedroom apartment to share.

Hotel price won kill me.

Where in LA are you? My husband and I are coming tomorrow for 7 days. We booked Airbnb but if your rates are better we will cancel and port fast.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 11:10am On Nov 24, 2016
Dxbconnection:

Where in LA are you? My husband and I are coming tomorrow for 7 days. We booked Airbnb but if your rates are better we will cancel and port fast.

Inglewood
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
@ mumzt got the visa 5yrs but the cost made me cry you have to buy at black market $800 plus pay into your dorm account and pay with ur dollar debit card.when I applied dollar was 450 it was before the dss raid that made it 400.
Even with Black Friday sales any American ticket you see for $1200 or 400k is a good deal especially if you can pay in naira.
I noticed delta seems to be doing sales,BA tickets are about $1500-1800, Emirates about 450,000 but Qatar rates are sweet cos their dollar exchange rate is about 307.
You can get for $1150 to Washington and get on south western for $80 to $150 to your final destination
As for PTA pls helep a sister,pls what's the latest travellex procedure,latest documents and what time does normal check in start on Qatar on the day of travel thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
Dxbconnection you can go back to your profile and change your email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
Drafrican pele but I can't just use about 360k that you just used to renew visa, damn i'm crying Lool because I don't know how I will renew mine now Chai Chai Chai this is rather too much, maybe if there's an emergency I will but for now none, as for Qatar i've flown with them thrice and they move at 3pm 3:30 max so be at the airport for like 11am or 12pm at least the timing is not so shabby.
Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
drafrican:
@ mumzt got the visa 5yrs but the cost made me cry you have to buy at black market $800 plus pay into your dorm account and pay with ur dollar debit card.when I applied dollar was 450 it was before the dss raid that made it 400.
Even with Black Friday sales any American ticket you see for $1200 or 400k is a good deal especially if you can pay in naira.
I noticed delta seems to be doing sales,BA tickets are about $1500-1800, Emirates about 450,000 but Qatar rates are sweet cos their dollar exchange rate is about 307.
You can get for $1150 to Washington and get on south western for $80 to $150 to your final destination
As for PTA pls helep a sister,pls what's the latest travellex procedure,latest documents and what time does normal check in start on Qatar on the day of travel thanks.

Drafrican good day ma, abeg can you help me to get emirate or Qatar going to lax at a cheaper rate, am expecting my husband and kids next week and he's a novice in this game
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
drafrican:

Not funny o. Luckily my husband and I dnt need visas. Applying for my nephew. His parents got their 5yrs 2yrs ago wen dollar was 150. Instead of applying for same for their baby dy did 6months thinking he won't get 5yrs cos it's his 1st time going to d uk. Now they're doing 2yrs for him at a rate higher dan Wat dy paid for their own 5yrs. Sigh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
drafrican:
@ mumzt got .

Didnt get a gud price wiv south Western going from NY to Orlando o. Had to change my tickets to Orlando direct which was much cheaper. NY to MCO was over $2k for d four of us. But changing to a direct flight wiv BA for d four of us was less Dan £200.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hello house, please can anyone assist with notification sample for change of intent. Have searched most of the pages already. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 9:13pm On Nov 24, 2016
@drafRican pls how can I get emirates at 450k o......plix epp a sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TOKNOW: 11:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pls house is it compulsory that after discharge from hospital, one must still use another pediatrician after using the compulsory hospital pediatrician for 3 days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 1:11am On Nov 25, 2016
Nothing is compulsory o. But in my opinion, baby should still see a pediatrician according to what's specified from the hospital till about 4 weeks or so, Just to be sure everything is fine..

Hope this helps.

TOKNOW:
Pls house is it compulsory that after discharge from hospital, one must still use another pediatrician after using the compulsory hospital pediatrician for 3 days.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gurlnext2u: 1:12am On Nov 25, 2016
You'll continue to use the same Pediatrician. I don't see any reason why you should use another after you're discharged
TOKNOW:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TOKNOW: 3:17am On Nov 25, 2016
igetam:
Nothing is compulsory o. But in my opinion, baby should still see a pediatrician according to what's specified from the hospital till about 4 weeks or so, Just to be sure everything is fine..

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TOKNOW: 3:18am On Nov 25, 2016
gurlnext2u:
You'll continue to use the same Pediatrician. I don't see any reason why you should use another after you're discharged

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 7:33am On Nov 25, 2016
fatima04:
Hello house, please can anyone assist with notification sample for change of intent. Have searched most of the pages already. Thank you.

This is just a sample,you can edit to suit your purpose .

Dear Sir,
I write to inform you of my intention to use my B1/B2 visa to give birth in the us ,the visa was originally gotten for vacation purpose . We have contacted a doctor and a hospital in the us and both have given us their bills and have agreed to accept us. We have the financial ability to pay our bills. We have also made adequate arrangements for accommodation .I look forward to hearing from you.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 7:49am On Nov 25, 2016
Good morning house.....please has anyone seen any flight deal to the US today?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Flight fares
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KLC2016: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
chloe7:
January is a low season spilling Into first week in Feb, black Friday and also December ending.

Thanks alot. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amother4life: 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
XX01:

I haven't done mine as I am waiting for my LO's passport but I have people around who did. They used an agent here in Dallas and you get it in 2 days. It costs about 100dollars. Will get the exact amount later in the evening.

Thank you . I Look forward to the information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
Thank you so much.

dere5:

This is just a sample,you can edit to suit your purpose .

Dear Sir,
I write to inform you of my intention to use my B1/B2 visa to give birth in the us ,the visa was originally gotten for vacation purpose . We have contacted a doctor and a hospital in the us and both have given us their bills and have agreed to accept us. We have the financial ability to pay our bills. We have also made adequate arrangements for accommodation .I look forward to hearing from you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
So who got a flight deal today please??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2016
freshtestimony:

Drafrican good day ma, abeg can you help me to get emirate or Qatar going to lax at a cheaper rate, am expecting my husband and kids next week and he's a novice in this game
Sorry dear pls where is LAX,no mind me I be bush girl
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2016
drafrican:

Los Angeles

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
drafrican:

Na normal Los Angeles airport

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.