Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (974949 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lorit: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
Thanks a lot, am most grateful.....”sounds like you are asking your father for money” grin grin lol, well he earns way more than I do, like almost 10 times than I do and the arrangement we have is that he takes care of the big things while I takia of the small things. Thanks again, God bless you
TWoods:

Using a birthing center is likely a red flag because it suggests you really don't have the funds to have a baby in the US. But since you're not seeking a visa, you should be ok. IMO, the important thing is that you paid all your bills and have evidence to prove. But again, no one here is a VO so take any advice you get here with a pinch of salt.

As an aside, i found this part of your post interesting... "hubby already gave me $9,000 for the trip". Sounds like you're asking your father for money. As a couple, i thought all monies in the marriage belonged to both. But that's just me thinking out loud.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
Na so Nigerian marriages be oh. Na men dey bring all the cash.. One woman even said if a man can't sponsor this trip, he should not near any lady for marriage. Imagine that!
TWoods:

Using a birthing center is likely a red flag because it suggests you really don't have the funds to have a baby in the US. But since you're not seeking a visa, you should be ok. IMO, the important thing is that you paid all your bills and have evidence to prove. But again, no one here is a VO so take any advice you get here with a pinch of salt.

As an aside, i found this part of your post interesting... "hubby already gave me $9,000 for the trip". Sounds like you're asking your father for money. As a couple, i thought all monies in the marriage belonged to both. But that's just me thinking out loud.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
elfmann:
Na so Nigerian marriages be oh. Na men dey bring all the cash.. One woman even said if a man can't sponsore this trip, he should not near any lady for marriage. Imagine that!

Not in all marriages abeg. And if God bless you enough to be able to sponsor, be grateful to God either as d man or d woman.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 10:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
ugoguchy:

My people pls who has gone for follow up interview recently? kindly help us with by sharing your experience biko

Its well o,when is your appt...
Wasnt successful in October
I have a new appt for this month
A friend of mine was recently denied

Mine is end of December though. Please what do you think is the main concern or what do they want to hear? the one person dt shared her storey who was granted visa was only told they mistakenly invited her so documents were not checked.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
Omodadi2:

Not in all marriages abeg. And if God bless you enough to be able to sponsor, be grateful to God either as d man or d woman.
Bwahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Otokini01: 3:16am On Dec 03, 2017
I also need this info i have asked and no reply
quote author=Supernaturalone post=62926059]Hello peeps!

Are there any Houston mums (perhaps Oakbend Medical) who have processed LO passport at a passport office rather than the Houston Passport Agency? How long did it take to get the passport?

Thanks! [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by brooklyn20: 4:10am On Dec 03, 2017
captain90210:
Please I want to find out if:

1. You declared at Interview that you knew someone in the US or would be staying with someone.

2. If your excess cash of 10k was declared prior to boarding.

Note: my visa was a b1/b2 visa. Used it for tourist in dalas and houston last year. Stayed at a hotel in Dallas and studio apartment in Houston .

1. I know people in US but didn't say I'll be staying with them. Used hotel reservation

2. Yes I declared over 10k$ on the form given to me before boarding
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by brooklyn20: 4:20am On Dec 03, 2017
ogemele:

Please does it mean you gave them 3 medical reports?
One from your dr, one from Port health and the medif form?

Yes .medical report from my doctor (I got it 48hrs before my travel date) , and the one from port health was presented before collecting boarding pass.

The medif forms ( also to be filled by your naija doctor) was scanned to the airline email 7days before my travel date.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 5:07am On Dec 03, 2017
Omodadi2:

Mine is end of December though. Please what do you think is the main concern or what do they want to hear? the one person dt shared her storey who was granted visa was only told they mistakenly invited her so documents were not checked.

Hello omodadi

I gave a detailed transcript of my follow up interview... ugoguchy also did..Please go prepared.

I'm not pregnant though so it will be great to hear how yours will go.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 03, 2017
@justwise is that you see nothing wrong with Twoods bullying Someone has to how they run their homes and finances..cos you seem to approve everything twoods post
Lorit:
Thanks a lot, am most grateful.....”sounds like you are asking your father for money” grin grin lol, well he earns way more than I do, like almost 10 times than I do and the arrangement we have is that he takes care of the big things while I takia of the small things. Thanks again, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 6:28am On Dec 03, 2017
TWoods:

tpako! Why do you like behaving as if you did not live in this obodo naija before you left for America or as if you don't have family members in this naija. Have you been away for so long that you have forgotten how things are back home?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 6:36am On Dec 03, 2017
dere5:

tpako! Why do you like behaving as if you did not live in this obodo naija before you left for America or as if you don't have family members in this naija. Have you been away for so long that you have forgotten how things are back home?

This is an absurd question. Being Nigerian or having Nigerian family does not obligate me to act like the average Nigerian.

If i may, would you mind focusing on the topic of the post rather than the usual recourse to quoting my every post from 10 years ago then turning around to cry about "bullying"?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 6:48am On Dec 03, 2017
Adedoyin2108:
Hello ladies

Thought to share my POE experience. I travelled on Tuesday at 35 weeks using Lufthansa airline. Chose Lufthansa cos the layover in Frankfurt was bearable, about 3 hours. 24 hours before the flight, I chose a middle aisle seat on their website for maximum comfort. U shd have a copy of your fit to fly doc, the airline requested a copy of mine.
Flight to Frankfurt was smooth, didn’t like the food though. At Frankfurt, I requested for assistance getting to the gate for the flight to Houston. It was a good decision, Frankfurt airport is really massive, the waka alone is enough to induce labour. Lol! One of the immigration officers at Frankfurt asked me a lot of questions but after providing several docs to answer his questions, he tire and let me go.
Frankfurt to Houston was 10hrs 20mins. I didn’t eat the food also but I had crackers sha. At Houston, I requested for a wheelchair. Good decision also, cos the wheelchair queue was much shorter than the regular queue.
I got to the counter
Cbp: what are you coming to the US for?
Me: To give birth
Cbp: what do you do? What does your husband do?
Me: Banking
Cbp: There must be a million bankers in Nigeria.
Me: smiles) not up to a million
Cbp: where’s your husband
Me: he’s coming to join me in 2 weeks
Cbp: how much do you have?
Me: 9k cash
Cbp: do I have any account statements showing the 9k was pulled from your account? You could have borrowed the money
Me: I took that along for my interview in Nigeria but I don’t have it here
Sends me to secondary inspection
After the usual questions
Cbp: how much is your bill and how much do U have
Me: about 5k and I have 9k
Cbp: do you have any other money
Me: yes, my husband does. Told him the figure and he does the conversion
Cbp: do you have any food
Me: yes. Egusi, ogbono n co
Cbp: ok. make sure you pay all your bills and obtain receipts. Take those receipts with u whenever you travel. Do not accept any aid, u don’t qualify for it. When do u plan to leave?
Me: end of January max
Cbp: stamps my passport for 6 months. You are cleared to go.
Didn’t go to Agric. I filled the form given on the plane but they didn’t request for it.
Since I wasn’t familiar with the airport, I didn’t use Uber. I booked on Supershuttle.com from Nigeria. So I went to their stand, confirmed my reservation and waited for the bus. Ride was ok and it was way cheaper than Uber. Since I’m using Dr Xydas, I stayed at InTown suites. But they don’t provide pots, plates etc for cooking. Had to buy.

Was a great experience in all sha.

Congrats
Lol,the waka alone at frankfurt eh
I almost gave up,and i traveled alone with my son of 18months then,it wasnt even funny at all
Before u waka finish sef ur layover time wil be exhausted

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2017
Sparkle1515:
@justwise is that you see nothing wrong with Twoods bullying Someone has to how they run their homes and finances..cos you seem to approve everything twoods post

You really have issues and its obvious, Lorit did not find his reply offensive, she thanked him and went on to explain her situation then you turned up to look for a reason to be angry with yourself.

Since June this year you registered here your very first post was about Twoods and since then you haven't given up moaning about his posts each time you post here AND you only post when there is an argument going on.

The debate between mamaron and Twoods was civil and that is how matured and civilized people go about things.

Bullying? Please give me a break

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2017
This ID:fidel33, registered on the June 20 2017 with no single post has being reporting a very single post about Rayray75.

fidel33 i know you are viewing this thread right now, don't waste your time and energy reporting those post about Rayray75 because i will not delete them.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 03, 2017
So you read that her response as she thanking him..u try..Twoods can do no wrong in your eyes.
justwise:

You really have issues and its obvious, Lorit did not find his reply offensive, she thanked him and went on to explain her situation then you turned up to look for a reason to be angry with yourself.

Since June this year you registered here your very first post was about Twoods and since then you haven't given up moaning about his first each time you post here AND you only post when there is an argument going on.

The debate between mamaron and Twoods was civil and that is how matured and civilized people go about things.

Bullying? Please give me a break

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2017
Lorit:
Thanks a lot, am most grateful
.....”sounds like you are asking your father for money” grin grin lol, well he earns way more than I do, like almost 10 times than I do and the arrangement we have is that he takes care of the big things while I takia of the small things. Thanks again, God bless you

Sparkle1515:
So you read that her response as she thanking him..u try..Twoods can do no wrong in your eyes.

When your mind is filled with hatred and anger toward an individual it stops you from seeing the truth for what it is.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2017
Sparkle1515:

If all you post about is another person who takes his time to contribute to posts that matter, then it shows you're biased. Let TWoods be. He has issues with some particular behavior and in my opinion just tried to say what is right. If you have a different view, give advice about the issue, not the person.

You do you and let Twoods do TWoods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ekoboy: 9:26am On Dec 03, 2017
justwise:
[b]

When your mind is filled with hatred and anger toward an individual it stops you from seeing the truth for what it is.
Justwise since you understand Twoods very well, you might help explain the purpose of his presence here.

Clearly he despises Nigerians, doesn't want people going to give birth in US so what's his business here. It is not enough to say no more arguments and not reprimand the chief instigator of these arguments.
The VOs in the other thread are very civil in their advice and attempts to guide people.
How then is it that a Nigerian cannot do the same to fellow Nigerians and then want us to believe he is different Nigerian.
Mr Twoods sorry to say this but you are no different from the Nigerians that you have made it your duty to condemn!

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drI: 9:43am On Dec 03, 2017
Otokini01:
I also need this info i have asked and no reply
quote author=Supernaturalone post=62926059]Hello peeps!

Are there any Houston mums (perhaps Oakbend Medical) who have processed LO passport at a passport office rather than the Houston Passport Agency? How long did it take to get the passport?

Thanks!

I don't get the gist of the passport office rather than the agency.

I did mine about 6 weeks ago and I went to the passport office at downtown Houston for submission of the documents. I got the passport the next day. it depends on ur travel itinerary. Here is their number(877) 487-2778

i am referring to the US passport. hope that's what you refer to?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:22am On Dec 03, 2017
ekoboy:

Justwise since you understand Twoods very well, you might help explain the purpose of his presence here.

Clearly he despises Nigerians, doesn't want people going to give birth in US so what's his business here. It is not enough to say no more arguments and not reprimand the chief instigator of these arguments.
The VOs in the other thread are very civil in their advice and attempts to guide people.
How then is it that a Nigerian cannot do the same to fellow Nigerians and then want us to believe he is different Nigerian.
Mr Twoods sorry to say this but you are no different from the Nigerians that you have made it your duty to condemn!

No, not all Nigerians but Nigerians like yourself who derails the truth to suit your own self centered narrative.

Nigerians who will always always look for a way to abuse any constituted authority and circumvent the system and at the same time calling the name of God.

Definitely not all Nigerians are bad but many look the other way when they should have spoken out about fraud/abuse of the system because they don't want to receive a backlash for saying the truth.

We can't keep denying the undeniable and hoping that our problems will just go way, people see us for who we are and that is the case around the world.

The truth hurts so lets deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2017
elfmann:
Na so Nigerian marriages be oh. Na men dey bring all the cash.. One woman even said if a man can't sponsor this trip, he should not near any lady for marriage. Imagine that!

Before nko. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 10:31am On Dec 03, 2017
justwise:

No, not all Nigerians but Nigerians like yourself who derails the truth to suit your own self centered narrative.

Nigerians who will always always look for a way to abuse any constituted authority and circumvent the system and at the same time calling the name of God.

Definitely not all Nigerians are bad but many look the other way when they should have spoken out about fraud/abuse of the system because they don't want to receive a backlash for saying the truth.

We can't keep denying the undeniable and hoping that our problems will just go way, people see us for who we are and that is the case around the world.

The truth hurts so lets deal with it.

If you ask for my opinion. TWoods is JW, and JW is TWoods. Alter egos. I believe ive said this before. JW, ah yam in my house in Biafraland. Come and beat me

Ok, so nobody asked for my opinion. Let me come and be going too.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 03, 2017
nefertitiram:

Before nko. cheesy
Kikikikiki.. All d I am a lawyer, banker and doctor will just...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2017
nefertitiram:

If you ask for my opinion. TWoods is JW, and JW is TWoods. Alter egos. I believe ive said this before. JW, ah yam in my house in Biafraland. Come and beat me

Ok, so nobody asked for my opinion. Let me come and be going too.

False one but you are entitled to have one.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2017
Supernaturalone:
Hello peeps!

Thanks!

I’m guessing you meant at the post office rather than the Passport agency?

In that case, it takes 2 to 3 weeks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.