Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (974304 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayanuke: 10:42am On Nov 05, 2016
chloe7:

Yes o, immigration in Nigeria can be funny o, I read a story like two days ago where a woman wasn't allowed to fly with her children, her own children o they said because no consent letter from husband, the narrator of the story said woman was stressed and crying and they didn't even look her face at all.

They asked me this question when I travelled last month, knew they were going to stress me so I was ready. When the officer asked for the letter and I said I don't have it, he said I must and my question was "what if their is no dad" in my strongest voice (LOL) na so the man calm down and asked me to go.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 05, 2016
ayanuke:

They asked me this question when I travelled last month, knew they were going to stress me so I was ready. When the officer asked for the letter and I said I don't have it, he said I must and my question was "what if their is no dad" in my strongest voice (LOL) na so the man calm down and asked me to go.
cheesy cheesy grin meanie grin and sometimes when they mean business all these scope no go work o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2016
chloe7:
Akorkor pounds to dollars is usually 1.4 or 1.55 but I think the brexit has made it 1.44 or so, so just do the mathematics and see if changing it to naira will pay you or changing it to dollars direct, what if you don't get dollars to travel? And atms are no longer working abroad, just consider all your options well well and all the best with the decision

Well said Chloe7!

Akorkor to add to what Chloe has said... Yes, you can change pounds but beware...
let me share my experience.

I had pounds with me when I came to the US (cash) plus some in my UK account. I asked for the exchange rate at the airport here and was told 1.1... I vex carry my pounds go oh. I checked my UK account today on an atm in the US and the conversion is 1.2... so it doesn't really make sense o. Thankfully I don't really need the cash so I'm keeping my pounds biko.

If you need it then by all means change it in the US... I'd still rather you changed it to dollars than naira because you may be stuck with naira that you can't use.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
geojay:
Helo sweet mamas and papies, am here to show my appreciation, with my full loads of questions and worries, you answered in love. Now in the US with my mum and baby, no problem at all at the poe in houston, infact the officer didnt know i was pregnant, he asked why we are in houston, i told him vacation and, before i could finish, he just said ohh, dts nice on vacation, i quickly chipped in, "and for childbirth too" he was like, are you pregnant, yes i am, he stood up abit to look at my tummy, he then asked how far gone i am, i told him 34weeks, he said waoo and you dont look it, well, but to me, i feel am.carrying the biggest tummy in the world. He stamped my baby, stamped my mum's and stamped mine too amd welcome us to usa. Proceeded to baggage claim and then to inspectiom, i guess its the monetary inspectiom side, was asked to fill a form, asked why i had so much money, i told her because am coming for delivery and i am paying cash, she asked for the receipt of my last delivery, i gave her everything, she checked and said what kind of work do you do, to have all these cash, before i could reply, she tapped on her system amd said ohh, ok, come along with me to where your foodstuff will go through inspection, she later helped me with the trolley, saying "you look tired and you look like you wanna drop that baby here now, let me help you? She helped me pushed the trolley while my mum back my baby, i just drag along cos am so tired and wornout, it was late. At the food inspection, my knorr chicken was collected, even though it doesnt have wrap, they knew it, they collected my tubers of yam, whole 3, chaii, i kept saying, my yam, my yam, they just bursted into laughter and said its not allowed. Well, i got to the hotel and found out that i still have a small yam left in my bag, it looks like diamond to me. So that was how my poe experience went .

Congratulations!!! That's was God's favour all the way. Wishing you more as you continue this missionary journey.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by geojay: 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
firsttymum:
Geojay
Hahhahahahhaaha @my yam.
Don't worry you find yam to buy.

Congratulations darling... God's favor was speaking.
yes oo, firsttymum, those yams were big and i have been dreaming of making yam peppersoup, poridge and all with it, now its gone. There is but always dried and not so sumptious like nija own.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
Akorkor:

Thanks. Am just worried about this travelex incase am unable to change Naira to dollar. And please is it everyone they give the dollar at the point of exit. Because my intention is to give hubby the dollar so that it can be easy for him when he's coming down too. @firsum.
that's their new thing o....
But why give ur hubby the dollars? I'm confused
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
geojay:
yes oo, first, those yams were big and i have been dreaming of making yam peppersoup, poridge and all with it, now its gone. There is but always dried and not so sumptious like nija own.
ikr
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dami20: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Pls I need ur advice . I am pregnant and would like to travel to put to bed in new york.

* I want to apply with my hubby but not sure which form to fill for him , if its B1 or B2 as hubby won't b travelling with me but will come over later.

* Pls I will really appreciate if anyone can help with cheap hospitals in new York. Choose new York cos have got family there.

* will also love to know if I have to pay part of the medical bill before my visa appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayanuke: 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
chloe7:

cheesy cheesy grin meanie grin and sometimes when they mean business all these scope no go work o

grin I know Chloe7 but what if there is no dad for real, I had the birth cert but the mean man wanted a letter of consent by force
Na so me too change face. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2016
ayanuke:

grin I know Chloe7 but what if there is no dad for real, I had the birth cert but the mean man wanted a letter of consent by force
Na so me too change face. grin
After B.C he still wants consent letter, anyway he knows we Nigerians are gangster?!
Lol due to the recent issues of child trafficking i'm sure that's why they sat up seriously, but our immigration is very lax very very lax, I remember in December when this David o and baby mama ish came up I mean they were taking the baby to Dubai without the mother and that wasn't the first time and we have immigration hian! If the babe didn't call everyone's attention the baby for go like that o fiam angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
firsttymum:
that's their new thing o....
But why give ur hubby the dollars? I'm confused
I already have enough dollar to used personally but hubby just have pounds and he doesn't have BVN card but I do have bvn. And I learnt bvn card is one of the pre requisite to collect from travelex. That's why want to try to collect for him since am going first. Hope that's clear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
Fyorgyn:

Well said Chloe7!

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. We have to find a way then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zitaspears: 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hello all, please I am confused with which hospital to use. I have 4 hospital in mind
1-CHI st luke health hospitall sugarland
2-huston Methodist sugarland
3-docorporation elpaso
4- HNWMC
And which of the hospital can I get BC early to enable process other documents quickly to enable me return as I don't intend to stay more than 2 weeks after birth
I will appreciate any good advise please it's urgent. Thank you very much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
Akorkor:

I already have enough dollar to used personally but hubby just have pounds and he doesn't have BVN card but I do have bvn. And I learnt bvn card is one of the pre requisite to collect from travelex. That's why want to try to collect for him since am going first. Hope that's clear.
Oh I get.
What if u give him d dollars u already have. And collect from travelex?.
Cos travelex will give u at d boarding gate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
zitaspears:
Hello all, please I am confused with which hospital to use. I have 4 hospital in mind
3-docorporation elpaso
4- HNWMC
And which of the hospital can I get BC early to enable process other documents quickly to enable me return as I don't intend to stay more than 2 weeks after birth
except it's CS... U can't determine when baby will come.
When u r filling d bc form... Tell them u r travel soon and bla bla.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 11:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
dami20:

Pls I need ur advice . I am pregnant and would like to travel to put to bed in new york.

* I want to apply with my hubby but not sure which form to fill for him , if its B1 or B2 as hubby won't b travelling with me but will come over later.

* Pls I will really appreciate if anyone can help with cheap hospitals in new York. Choose new York cos have got family there.

* will also love to know if I have to pay part of the medical bill before my visa appointment.
1. It's self explanatory. He's going for vacation... As In tourist. Urs is medical.
2. The word cheap is relative
3. No
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dami20: 12:14am On Nov 06, 2016
Thanks a lot @firsttymum.

I have contacted two hospitals in new York and their fee is between $10000 - $12000 without doctor's fee. But will b glad if anyone can provide me with contacts of other hospitals in new york that are cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kween2014: 3:29am On Nov 06, 2016
Hello Mamas

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by turay23: 3:50am On Nov 06, 2016
Hello mamas in the house..please I am a January 2017 mama..i am looking for any one who is using oakbend hospital and also currently in texas to tag along with..please kindly mail me on turay23@yahoomail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 5:03am On Nov 06, 2016
firsttymum:
Oh I get.
What if u give him d dollars u already have. And collect from travelex?.
Cos travelex will give u at d boarding gate.

I don't want to risk that ohh!!! What if they do not give me? Na so I just enter one chance.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adluv: 5:32am On Nov 06, 2016
You can as well try their city hospitals, I learned it's cheaper so make Google your friend or bounce to Texas or Atlanta.

I have contacted two hospitals in new York and their fee is between $10000 - $12000 without doctor's fee. But will b glad if anyone can provide me with contacts of other hospitals in new york that are cheaper.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmytee1(f): 5:33am On Nov 06, 2016
Akorkor:
Sabi mama, please can one change pounds in US to dollar because we are bothered about this travelex issue. We have pounds but we don't want to change to Naira to avoid iish. Please advice me on this matter.
If you would go into the UK, change in town not at the airport. The airport rate isn't good.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adluv: 5:39am On Nov 06, 2016
geojay:
Helo sweet mamas and papies, am here to show my appreciation, with my full loads of questions and worries, you answered in love. Now in the US with my mum and baby, no problem at all at the poe in houston, infact the officer didnt know i was pregnant, he asked why we are in houston, i told him vacation and, before i could finish, he just said ohh, dts nice on vacation, i quickly chipped in, "and for childbirth too" he was like, are you pregnant, yes i am, he stood up abit to look at my tummy, he then asked how far gone i am, i told him 34weeks, he said waoo and you dont look it, well, but to me, i feel am.carrying the biggest tummy in the world. He stamped my baby, stamped my mum's and stamped mine too amd welcome us to usa. Proceeded to baggage claim and then to inspectiom, i guess its the monetary inspectiom side, was asked to fill a form, asked why i had so much money, i told her because am coming for delivery and i am paying cash, she asked for the receipt of my last delivery, i gave her everything, she checked and said what kind of work do you do, to have all these cash, before i could reply, she tapped on her system amd said ohh, ok, come along with me to where your foodstuff will go through inspection, she later helped me with the trolley, saying "you look tired and you look like you wanna drop that baby here now, let me help you? She helped me pushed the trolley while my mum back my baby, i just drag along cos am so tired and wornout, it was late. At the food inspection, my knorr chicken was collected, even though it doesnt have wrap, they knew it, they collected my tubers of yam, whole 3, chaii, i kept saying, my yam, my yam, they just bursted into laughter and said its not allowed. Well, i got to the hotel and found out that i still have a small yam left in my bag, it looks like diamond to me. So that was how my poe experience went .

Lmao@my yam my yam

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 6:25am On Nov 06, 2016
Good morning mamas, pls @ what weeks will airfrance fly me?
I've decided to go alone, hubby will come with the kids later.

Thanks all for you contributions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DrPrincess: 7:47am On Nov 06, 2016
* B1 is for business, so he applies for B2 n he cld either choose tourism or medical (my hubby chose B2 medical n we used Dr n hosp as contacts)

*you can use d search button (travel section) on the page to see what has previously been posted on it.

*you don't need to part pay ur medical bills before ur visa intv. It's nt a requirement.

dami20:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
freshtestimony:
For singleton pregnancy I think it's till 36 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bisoye82:

For singleton pregnancy I think it's till 36 weeks.

Thanks for the reply.
Happy Sunday.
Do they require fit to fly from Port health or from my doctor?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
freshtestimony:

On or before 36weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Niksie: 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
Hello House, it’s time to share my POE experience. To God be all the glory.

I flew Airfrance on Thursday night, there was no issue with fit-to-fly letter as it seems they were not even interested anyway. I had it with me already so I just told the lady that attended to me at check-in desk and she collected a copy.
The flight was alright timing and all but I’ll say the food served and entertainment was just there.

The walk from where we landed in Paris to the next take off point was a bit long but it was ok for me at this point. I also noticed there were people in uniform at different points checking passport, visa and ticket as we walked.

Fast forward to new York (JFK) POE, the place wasn’t busy at the time we landed……I was directed to use the self-service machine after which I was sent to meet a CBP officer.

CBP officer (cool young guy): hello
Me: hi
CBP officer (cool young guy): how long will you be staying?
Me: about 10weeks (he looked surprised) so I quickly added that yea cos I’ll be on vacation and have my baby aswell.
CBP officer (cool young guy): oh you having your baby too?
Me: yea (the guy was cool with that and already stamping me in)

A young female colleague standing beside him heard him and cuts in

CBP officer (lady): are you sure you don’t wanna check with them inside?
CBP officer (cool young guy): hmmm not necessary, I don’t think they like the idea (I think he meant he dint need to go ask something he already knows how to handle)
CBP officer (lady): I think you should (then the guy went inside). She kept on questioning me.
Are you married? (Me: yes I am, showed her my ring)
Where are you having your baby?
Did you come to US prior to this to check for doctor and all? (Me: no I didn’t but I contacted the doctor)
Where are you staying?
Can you afford it? Where does your husband work? (Me: yes we can)
How much does it cost?
How do you intend to pay? (Me: I have some cash which I showed and my cards)
Is your husband coming to join you and bringing more cash? (Me: yea later but I’m with our bank cards to spend from account. I have the statements to show)
CBP officer (cool young guy): He came back in like 2mins…..madam, have your passport and enjoy your stay. He sent me towards agric cos I declared that I had food.

I picked up my baggage and realized that cart is USD 6.00 (oops), luckily one man offered to pay for me (awesome).
At agric, my boxes were scanned but not opened to search then I left (pushing the cart) to link the next terminal via air train to catch my delta flight to chicago.

Note: I had to insert the card I used to book the delta ticket during self-check-in maybe cos I booked on their site directly but it was mentioned at the point of booking.

I had a long wait time as I booked a late flight incase of delay. Walk to the boarding gate to Chicago was sooo long, I kept pausing along the way but maybe I should have joined the shuttle or something.

Finally, I got to Chicago then realized one of my boxes with food was forced open (padlock broken) by custom peeps for inspection and they dropped a card inside to notify me ( I guess this happened between when I checked in for new york - chicago flight).

Thank God for a nice POE experience and thank you for experiences shared here to prepare us for this journey.

26 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zitaspears: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
zitaspears:
3-docorporation elpaso
4- HNWMC
Hello pls I really need your kind advice.
Please which of this hospital do u advise if use , I am really confused please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by coolcathy(f): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
If you are interested in shared accommodation in Houston starting from December,send me a pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.