Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975114 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Derinoye: 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
Austine2020:
No,She later said that they sent her additional 3,800usd pediatrician bill. So she is asking for a way to price down the pediatrician bill.

She is not the one dat said dat check it will
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Derinoye: 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
Austine2020:
No,She later said that they sent her additional 3,800usd pediatrician bill. So she is asking for a way to price down the pediatrician bill.

She is not d one dat said dat check well pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2017
Pls which site are u seeing this friendly price from Qatar and how much .am searching for ticket to newyork .ending of Feb

[Qquote author=debbyomi post=53144888]Also any ideas of cheap tickets pls. It's only Qatar that is looking a little friendly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
Razi555:

previous missionary

Are you on a payment plan or you just left the bill hanging?
If you are on a payment plan and you are faithful to the plan,then you don't have much wahala? Just go prepared with evidence to show that you are on a payment plan and that you are faithful to it.
But if you just left the bill hanging,then don't attempt it at all,because it will definitely come back to bite you in the ass

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dabson2020: 10:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
septmom:

is this the only fee you paid at the hospital ?. that is $3700. PLEASE explain.
thanks

I paid $2000 for vaginal delivery at the hospital and also $650 for epidural.

Then i paid the doctors $1700.

Ped doctor's bill yet to be received.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kemex(f): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
elizabetha:

Hi, please don't give up, expecially if your EDD is not very close. That might just be the miracle you are waiting for.

My Edd is first week in March.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Enyinne:
Pls which site are u seeing this friendly price from Qatar and how much .am searching for ticket to newyork .ending of Feb

[Qquote author=debbyomi post=53144888]Also any ideas of cheap tickets pls. It's only Qatar that is looking a little friendly.

NY emirates that my travel agent sent as a bc today is from 355k

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
kemex:

My Edd is first week in March.

My dear u still hv time. Let me advice u
1. Post all ur transcripts for us to review
2. Mail the embassy telling them uv been refused several times and u wish u cud be gvn d opportunity to birth in the us, send ur receipts and all and ask dem wat u are doing that is wrong. I knw u ll get the regular response but just send it.
3. Pray and go, u might just b lucky

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 11:38pm On Jan 26, 2017
funmikay:
Thank yo for responding @anonymousmum,@chibertha and @chanbaby

It was a vaginal delivery.I didn't request for a Paediatrician at the birth.No extra tests were done that I am aware of.The LO was with me on the room for the 2 days.

The breakdown they sent:

nursery- 3,430
Lab-828
Pharmacy-535
Special nursing services-171

Then take it up with them the baby was with u for the 2days so what rubbish is that.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by IjayMama: 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
chibertha:
I think it's based on the answers you supplied. Can you can go back and review them if yes please do.
Will see if i can, gotta wait till the wee hrs of the night again. Whew! Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by IjayMama: 12:06am On Jan 27, 2017
debbyomi:

"In my opinion, you qualify for dropbox if you have been granted a visa before, And the visa has expired not more than 36months ago and you are applying for the same category of visa. Also it will ask you if you havent had any issues with the law or immigration or overstayed your stamped in time. "

You have to schedule an appointment and it wIll see if you qualify for dropbox
Yeah, @ timcywhyte, you qualify for Dropbox as stated here by debbyomi. But do I have to schedule an appointment first to see if I qualify? Lol...I thot d Dropbox eligibility page pops up after filling the DS160 form! I haven't tried to book an appointment yet oh! Kai, my babies have made me forget how this visa thing works or maybe it's just old age...lemme go try book my appointment and see what happens. Thanks y'all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 12:35am On Jan 27, 2017
Derinoye:

She is not the one dat said dat check it will
Ok,sorry about that.thought she was the one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:26am On Jan 27, 2017
IjayMama:

Yeah, @ timcywhyte, you qualify for Dropbox as stated here by debbyomi. But do I have to schedule an appointment first to see if I qualify? Lol...I thot d Dropbox eligibility page pops up after filling the DS160 form! I haven't tried to book an appointment yet oh! Kai, my babies have made me forget how this visa thing works or maybe it's just old age...lemme go try book my appointment and see what happens. Thanks y'all.

I think what she means is that its after submitting your ds160 form that you will now go to the appointment booking page and you'll be asked some questions,it's your answer to these questions that will qualify you for drop box.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 6:10am On Jan 27, 2017
Hi travel mamas,

Forgot my iPhone 6s at ataturk airport Istanbul at food court where I say chop.
Husband called and someone picked up and keep saying " Food Court". Am so not happy.

Been trying to reach it since last week I came in but all to no avail.
I called Turkish airline they said I should report to the airport. Sent airport mail they said nothing like that is in thier inventory.
" Na so my phone go go in this buhari economy? cry.

I need your advice if you have recovered something like this. Turkish airline isn't helping matter at all cos I informed them before we took off at Istanbul they were just doing as if they didn't hear all my grammar.

cry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 6:43am On Jan 27, 2017
chloe7:

NY emirates that my travel agent sent as a bc today is from 355k

That looks Good. Please what's your travel agent's number. Lemme call them today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:07am On Jan 27, 2017
It doesn't matter.
I went in from Atlanta while DH came straight to Houston 3 weeks later.
freshdad:
Hello good people, does it matter what POE one enters from cos at the moment, the cheapest flight i can get is to JFK and DW is texas bound.

Do I have to prepare for anything out of the blue??

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 27, 2017
reniduke:

That looks Good. Please what's your travel agent's number. Lemme call them today.

I can't put the number here before just wise will come for me, pm me, i'll send it to you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 27, 2017
chibertha:
It doesn't matter.
I went in from Atlanta while DH came straight to Houston 3 weeks later.

Let's bear in mind that all circumstances are different, so he should actually prepare just in case he is asked questions, so he isn't caught unawares

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 27, 2017
Ijaymama after filling ds-160, when you're on the appointment scheduling page that's when you will know if you're qualified for drop box or not , the answers supplied during the scheduling of appointment is what you make you either qualify or not, you're still on track since you haven't scheduled an appointment you have only filled the ds-160 form
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Very true because after I got in a gave DH transcript of my POE meeting. So that we will in tandem.
So when he got to Houston he said what I told him and was stamped in.
chloe7:

Let's bear in mind that all circumstances are different, so he should actually prepare just in case he is asked questions, so he isn't caught unawares
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:32am On Jan 27, 2017
Akorkor:
Hi travel mamas,

Forgot my iPhone 6s at ataturk airport Istanbul at food court where I say chop.
Husband called and someone picked up and keep saying " Food Court". Am so not happy.

Been trying to reach it since last week I came in but all to no avail.
I called Turkish airline they said I should report to the airport. Sent airport mail they said nothing like that is in thier inventory.
" Na so my phone go go in this buhari economy? cry.

I need your advice if you have recovered something like this. Turkish airline isn't helping matter at all cos I informed them before we took off at Istanbul they were just doing as if they didn't hear all my grammar.

cry

Take a flight back lol!

Or look for any mama returning via Istanbul to help you retrieve it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 8:45am On Jan 27, 2017
@chloe7 @chibertha

I do not understand you. Since DW is supposed to head to houston but i cant get a cheap flight now except JFK, can I just do JFK and what are the possible challenges she may face at that POE.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2017
freshdad:
@chloe7 @chibertha

I do not understand you. Since DW is supposed to head to houston but i cant get a cheap flight now except JFK, can I just do JFK and what are the possible challenges she may face at that POE.

Thanks

Buy the JFK ticket and also buy her a local ticket from Jfk to Houston. So that if she is asked at jfk POE , she'll tell them that her final destination is Houston and she will show them her second leg ticket,by so doing she won't have any problem.
And also bear in mind too that when she is coming back with baby and plenty load,it's that same route too. So think it thoroughly o before you commit.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 9:21am On Jan 27, 2017
Please has anyone being able to apply for PTA on behalf of their kids?

I know it was allowed back in the day, does anyone have an update on current policy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:03am On Jan 27, 2017
Your are right it was not easy doing Houston to Atlanta alone with LO and load.
I no go even advice myself to try am again.

Babatwi:

Buy the JFK ticket and also buy her a local ticket from Jfk to Houston. So that if she is asked at jfk POE , she'll tell them that her final destination is Houston and she will show them her second leg ticket,by so doing she won't have any problem.
And also bear in mind too that when she is coming back with baby and plenty load,it's that same route too. So think it thoroughly o before you commit.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 27, 2017
Babatwi:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 27, 2017
Babatwi:

This part is the hardest, and even converting the price for a local flight to naija currency now sef will be overboard, so it's better to do direct
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 10:31am On Jan 27, 2017
i agree and I would be joining her even before she is ready to return. the average ticket prices from jfk to houston is about 250-$300 which is still not up to what i am getting for a direct flight
chloe7:

This part is the hardest, and even converting the price for a local flight to naija currency now sef will be overboard, so it's better to do direct
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ozy1: 11:10am On Jan 27, 2017
My dear nairalanders. Av been a silent followers oo. Went tru my first missionary journey. Was successful. Now on my second. But accommodation went wrong few hrs ago. Pls any chicago bound mum due in march shuld buzz me biko. If ur interested in sharing an apartment. I dey travel feb.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2017
freshdad:
i agree and I would be joining her even before she is ready to return. the average ticket prices from jfk to houston is about 250-$300 which is still not up to what i am getting for a direct flight

250 times black market now is about 120k + the 300 or 350k to newyork is equals to Houston flight price

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:54am On Jan 27, 2017
freshdad:

also remember that by breaking up the flight, your bags are not checked in directly to Lagos. from Houston when you are returning.

You will have to collect all your load at JFK and re-check in. Also most of these local flights charge for baggage separately (usually about US$25 - 35 per bag).

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:55am On Jan 27, 2017
chloe7:

hi ma'am pls do you know if I can get PTA for a child. As you recently went through the process...

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.