Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. (48113 Views)

Photo: Bumps On My Penis, Help Please / How To Get Rid Of Bumps On The Back Of The Head And Neck / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Vaxt(m): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
Toliet infectious

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by twinskenny(m): 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
Notice this on my sons head sometimes.... But used to disappear on its own. Then I noticed it comes up when he didn't barb his hair on time

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by martineinstein(m): 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
it could be dat he s allergic to some foods.....dis reminds me of my nephew

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
where the ethics at?? two med personnel exchanging words... @op, what scan were you asked to go for??

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by nkpommpko(m): 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
They should place him on anti boitics, and all will disappear, the two doctors here are just speaking big English. Who they EPP?

10 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Joygalore(f): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
That's a Staph infection
Silkmoth33:
Fascinating

This goes beyond tinea, pityriasis or any fungal infection

I just hope those aren't enlarged lymph nodes
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by francotunsco: 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
We had a case similar to this December last year and it was treated at Jonken Hospital Akoka after Unilag.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by iou: 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
My son once had this when he was about 2years old. A dermatologist examined him and recommended some topical and oral medication. It was diagnosed as a fungal infection which we treated for about 4months. It was a bit of an unpleasant experience I must say. See a dermatologist immediately.
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Please, I need your advice cos I believe before me people exist who have experienced this.
Doctors in the house abeg what could be d cause of this bumps,though we ve appointment with dermatologist next month 11th but also i will appreciate ur opinions before the appointed date.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Ademoore07(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
Infact, I'm proud of those 3 doctors in the room. Tuale for you guys. grin

Although, i'm a medical laboratory scientist, I could understand most of those points. Thumb up to d medics grin

5 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DonaTee(f): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Please, I need your advice cos I believe before me people exist who have experienced this.
Doctors in the house abeg what could be d cause of this bumps,though we ve appointment with dermatologist next month 11th but also i will appreciate ur opinions before the appointed date.
Thanks

Did these appear suddenly?......I doubt.
Are dey painful wen u touch?

This is likely Carbuncles or furuncles.
more like a bacterial infection of hair follicles n usually deep seated. U nees to see a doctor n drugs prescribed

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
Blessograo:
Now I see 2 medical personal exchanging words over a minor. Medical ethics please. Anyway we cannot diagnose a patient of an ailment based on pictures only it might be lymphoma or an infection but we all hoping it's not lymphoma. The boy still has to go for an examination as we cannot palpate or inspect here on NL. Abeg no fight o.

Me kee, fight with someone below my standard?? God forbid!!!

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
doctorkush:
where the ethics at?? two med personnel exchanging words... @op, what scan were you asked to go for??

He is not a medical personnel, he is a medical student who doesn't know anything about ethics, then called me out in public.....

That I can never tolerate.....

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by okonja(m): 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
What is going on up there? Can't you doctors speak a language common men like us will understand? Abi which one is lymphadenopathy?

I tire ooo...them just dey show themselves upandan angry

6 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Keballl: 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lagusta:

Oga easy abeg. You too provoke.

5 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
Keballl:

Oga easy abeg. You too provoke.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lagusta:

He is not a medical personnel, he is a medical student who doesn't know anything about ethics, then called me out in public.....

oh! student?? its best you ignore him ... sir!
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Arielle: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ademoore07:
Infact, I'm proud of those 3 doctors in the room. Tuale for you guys. grin

Although, i'm a medical laboratory scientist, I could understand most of those points. Thumb up to d medics grin
I tell you! cheesy I was enjoying their diagnosis and exchange before they started arguing. But I think they've made up. Not so?.....Sirs. grin

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DrAda(f): 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
I really don't want to comment on the exchange between the doctor and the student.... Moving on... The skin lesions do not look inflamed to me otherwise the dad would have complained of pain and redness. If he is willing to wait up to 2 weeks to see a dermatologist, then the lesions are not hampering the boy's usual activities. My guess is that the dad is worried about the cosmesis. Simply put, the scalp lesions are not pretty to look at. I will advise you wait to see the dermatologist. I suspect that the next private clinic you take him to will only bombard him with antibiotics probably against staph. A dermatologist will take a different approach. Let me send the pics to a dermatologist tat I know to ask for her opinion on this. My best guess is that there is a link between those lesions and the hairs cuts that he gets.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by oliviatwist: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lagusta:

Hey, now you're being disrespectful.....

Never talk to an initiate like that, or else it's YOUR own ego that would be reduced.....

I still insist those are not lymph nodes, and the only person that can correct me is a fellow initiate....

You are still a student, not even a house officer, and you dare refer me to my textbooks??

What is wrong with these children of nowadays??

@op, as a doctor (with a little bit of self-respect)I would strongly advice you please take the child to another doctor for evaluation, and please get back to me on this thread.....
You'd have just ignored him after the first time to continue his far fetched defense for his ignorance in his head. Lymph nodes indeed grin

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by fm7070: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
some children do this when teething. especially the molar and premolar.
let him see a pediatrician

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Heffalump(m): 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
@Lagusta and Silkmoth33
I am deeply sorry for you guys. You all claim to be Doctors and instead of suggesting positive ways of treating this ailment, you are here dancing to the gallery with your medical jargons. Why not help the father of the boy out first and come back to prove to yourselves. You left the important issue tabled before you, only to resort to academic assaults. Too painful and it shows you're all learners..
@poster, those swellings are as a result of infections from water, food, or toilet. A good antibiotics could solve it. Also rub the affected areas with Hydrocortisone creme for rapid dry off. If left unattended, may lead to blisters and itchings.
Am not a medical doctor but my son has experienced a minor case of this sickness. Can't remember the antibiotic drugs, though.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Caseless: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
Blessograo:
Now I see 2 medical personal exchanging words over a minor. Medical ethics please. Anyway we cannot diagnose a patient of an ailment based on pictures only it might be lymphoma or an infection but we all hoping it's not lymphoma. The boy still has to go for an examination as we cannot palpate or inspect here on NL. Abeg no fight o.
I need a doctor and I think I've found one.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by labodinho: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lagusta:

My oga no dey fight o grin grin grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Aminat508(f): 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Beneath the s.c.a.l. excluding the periosteum Sir, are post auricular, Pre auricular, occipital, parietal and mastoid group of lymph nodes Sir. They can become superficial when enlarged.

If u recall they are d ones sought after when we do general examinations
na English be this or Wetin? grin

8 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Caseless: 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lagusta:

nice show though.... grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by streetzdreamz(m): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lagusta:

some people claim they are educated,but they have that barbaric insolent attitudes buried deep within them, they can't express their opinion without getting hostile and insultive, this is his second odd comment today,ignore him,he's just a lad.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by 1by1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2016
From observation, it sames you already know your son's problem. Please give him d right drug as usual. Make sure you include Jesuslymphadermatol
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by beautyoftheLord: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
Sister, no time to be asking many questions on nairaland. Move straight to a hospital NOW. Better late than sorry!

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Inshalord: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lagusta:

What type of scan?? A CT scan or an abdominal scan??

Thanks for the update, I'm keenly following up on the case.....
Union diagnostics services
Multiple calcified skull lump
Plain skull xray...
will go with him for the Xray tmrw morning.
Thanks
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DaniDani(m): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2016
emymeeky:
angry This is called okpu is eri ego. The blade that barbs hair without collecting money .

Try using penicillin
Hahahahahaha. my fellow village man, ino dia

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by InvertedHammer: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
\
Is it painful?
How long has he had it?
Is it just bumps or do pus come out from any of them?
Any fever?
Any itching?
/

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by fyneboi79(m): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Thanks

I suspect alergy. Maybe he is being exposed to something his body rejects. Take note of his surroundings.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Man Drowns A Day After Sharing A Facebook Post About Death (Pix) / Man Accused Of Using A False Cancer Claim To Defraud Nigerians - Video / Anayo Isaac Ugwuaba Undergoes Surgery Abroad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.