Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? (4563 Views)

Muslim Woman Marrying A Christian Man / Dear Muslims, Why Is Your Faith True While All Other Faiths Are False? / Muslims: Why Doesn't Allah Forgive The Sin Of Adultery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2016
In Quran 33:53, Mohammed gave an instruction that no one should marry his wives after his death. Can Muslims do justice to this instruction by Mohammed?

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by annunaki2(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2016
It was due to a mental problem called "compulsive obsessive disorder."

12 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Badgers14: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2016
Erhmmm... I wouldn't say i know the answer since I am non- muslim but since this issue was brought up... Let me add another question to it grin grin so our dear muslim scholars will do justice to it.

Why did Muhammed against his daughters been married as a second wife even though polygamy is ok per the Quaran

I just asked a question, don't throw darts at me.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 10:01am On Oct 30, 2016
Badgers14:
Erhmmm... I wouldn't say i know the answer since I am non- muslim but since this issue was brought up... Let me add another question to it grin grin so our dear muslim scholars will do justice to it.

Why did Muhammed against his daughters been married as a second wife even though polygamy is ok per the Quaran

I just asked a question, don't throw darts at me.
Lets take it one by one. Bros, my own first. loll

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Badgers14: 10:03am On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
Lets take it one by one. Bros, my own first. loll

Erhmmm.... You are right a little but figured we could get 2 for the price of one grin grin while they are at it, they might as well throw in the answer to mine.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
In Quran 33:53, Mohammed gave an instruction that no one should marry his wives after his death. Can Muslims do justice to this instruction by Mohammed?
Mohammed's first wife, khadijah, was a widow before Mohammed married her. Mohammed married another widow, um Hani, after the death of khadijah. After killing khinana, at the battle of khaibar, Mohammed married another widow called safiya.

Why did Mohammed ask Muslims not to marry his wives after his death?

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2016
Badgers14:

Erhmmm.... You are right a little but figured we could get 2 for the price of one grin grin while they are at it, they might as well throw in the answer to mine.
OK my guy, I won't be stingy. Muslims can also explain why Mohammed forbade his son-law, Ali (husband of fatimah), from taking a second wife hence preaching monogamy to Ali while he asked other muslims to take a maximum of 4 wives. Though he even broke his own rule by taking more than 4 wives.

5 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by olagbemi118(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2016
Toor... Me just dey observe oooo. Over to our muslim brothers

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by olagbemi118(m): 10:16am On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
OK my guy, I won't be stingy. Muslims can also explain why Mohammed forbade his son-law, Ali (husband of fatimah), from taking a second wife hence preaching monogamy to Ali while he asked other muslims to take a maximum of 4 wives. Though he even broke his own rule by taking more than 4 wives.
lols

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by DickDastardly(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2016
Allah be merciful unto mischief makers cool
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 30, 2016
DickDastardly:

right after dey suffer from being decked into the earth for trespassing! angry angry angry
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by annunaki2(m): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2016
SeunH your al taquiya skills are needed to defend your 'prophet' here.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 11:46am On Oct 30, 2016
DickDastardly:
Who are the mischief makers?

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 11:49am On Oct 30, 2016
annunaki2:
SeunH your al taquiya skills are needed to defend your 'prophet' here.
They will avoid this thread like a plaque. Let's wait, maybe they went for Islamic NASFAT sunday school.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by annunaki2(m): 11:56am On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
They will avoid this thread like a plaque. Let's wait, maybe they went for Islamic NASFAT sunday school.

NASFAT is a huge joke grin and a glaring example of islamic insecurities. They hold Sunday services to engage muslims on Sunday mornings and distract them from honouring invitations to attend church services and risk being convicted by the word and converting to Christ. The hypocrites also model their way of worship after the christian way. They now even hold night vigils something entirely alien to Islam. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
Sorry please what is al taquiya?? Sincerely I don't know maybe I can learn from you.....!!!
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:

I understand your point and I hope you would understand mine, the Noble prophet did not say that. And as quoted above, it was God who commanded it as a way of honouring the prophet. My dear friends, I don't see this as a big deal because even when ordinary kings die their wives are been forbidden for others. It is even in our culture and all over. Its just a means of honouring the Noble Prophet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by LifestyleTonite: 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
Mohammed's first wife, khadijah, was a widow before Mohammed married her. Mohammed married another widow, um Hani, after the death of khadijah. After killing khinana, at the battle of khaibar, Mohammed married another widow called safiya.

Why did Mohammed ask Muslims not to marry his wives after his death?
It's called greed and also because Islam oppresses women. He married widows but issued a fatwa against anyone that tries to marry the widows he would leave behind. What a selfish man, that Mohammad.

7 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
annunaki2:

NASFAT is a huge joke grin and a glaring example of islamic insecurities. They hold Sunday services to engage muslims on Sunday mornings and distract them from honouring invitations to attend church services and risk being convicted by the word and converting to Christ. The hypocrites also model their way of worship after the christian way. They now even hold night vigils something entirely alien to Islam. cheesy

Habaaa, my friends that's not fair, why not we face the facts and leave people with their practices. Moreover don't catholics do some of their programs on friday? does that mean they are intimidated. Or did NASFAT shift friday jumat to sunday in order not to feel intimidated? or the Sunday MSSN usrah that is done in all schools is done because of intimidation. Let's cut NASFAT a slack and face the main issues here.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by LifestyleTonite: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

I understand your point and I hope you would understand mine, the Noble prophet did not say that. And as quoted above, it was God who commanded it as a way of honouring the prophet. My dear friends, I don't see this as a big deal because even when ordinary kings die their wives are been forbidden for others. It is even in our culture and all over. Its just a means of honouring the Noble Prophet.
Why is Allah always granting the selfish desires of Mohammad to the extent of breaking his own laws and principles? Is Allah afraid of Mohammad? Maybe Mohammad was Allah himself. That's a weak God.

10 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Sorry please what is al taquiya?? Sincerely I don't know maybe I can learn from you.....!!!
Altaqiyya is lying to defend Islam. It is an arabic word used in religious sense. It is a common belief, among non-muslims, that it is islamically acceptable for Muslims to lie in order to defend Islam and this act is what the Arabs call altaqiyya.

Altaqiyya can also mean concealing ones faith in the presence of a perceived stronger adversary to avoid bodily harm or death. A Shi'a Muslim can pretend to be a Sunnis in Saudi Arabia and a sunni Muslim can pretend to be a shia in Iran, in order to avoid persecution.

This is also an art of Altaqiyya, an ahmadiya can pretend to be a sunni in order to escape lynching in Pakistan because ahmadiya is illegal in most Muslim countries. Hope you get it now.

shia

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:

Believe you me this is my first hearing that the prophet forbade Ali from marrying more than one wife. If I ask for your source, you would probably google an hadith and post it here, but ill spare you the stress. The truth is that, its only the Quran that is infallible anything else is including hadiths, because these were collated long after the death of the prophet and we can't vie for it 100%. Rather what we muslims do is to correlate what ever the hadith says to what the Quran says, if what the hadith narrates is not in line with what the Quran says we discard the particular hadith and if its in line we leave it. Let me give you an example ( There is an hadith that says; when we blacks are hungry we steal and when we are filled up we fornicate and the only thing we are good at is hardwork. When such hadith was correlated to the Quran, it was found not to be in line and was promptly discarded as a fabricated hadith). So my brothers, provided that narration is not from the Quran and not in line with the Quran, It shouldn't be given attention except for mischief....!!!

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Bros your defense is very weak because all human, irrespective of social or political status, are equal in God's eye. Human beings can make laws to protect a certain class of people by granting then immunity, but God cannot do that, unless you want to tell me that allahh is a respecter of person. The bible says: God is not a respecter of person. Please don't put God in this, unless you want to tell us that the God of the bible acts differently from the god of the Quran.

If you read all the ayah, that is verse 53 of Quran chapter 33, you will understand that it is all for the benefit of Mohammed. And this is one of the major reasons baby Aisha, his 6-yr old child bride, told Mohammed and I quote: 'It seems allahh is always ready to satisfy your desires'. This statement was made by Aisha in one of the hadith.

You should please learn when a man wants to satisfy his desire and when God truly speaks to him. On this particular issue, no allahh or Jibril spoke to Mohammed. Mohammed also expressed his wish and desire here.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
Altaqiyya is lying to defend Islam. It is an arabic word used in religious sense. It is a common belief, among non-muslims, that it is islamically acceptable for Muslims to lie in order to defend Islam and this act is what the Arabs call altaqiyya.

Altaqiyya can also mean concealing ones faith in the presence of a perceived stronger adversary to avoid bodily harm or death. A Shi'a Muslim can pretend to be a Sunnis in Saudi Arabia and a sunni Muslim can pretend to be a shia in Iran, in order to avoid persecution.

This is also an art of Altaqiyya, an ahmadiya can pretend to be a sunni in order to escape lynching in Pakistan because ahmadiya is illegal in most Muslim countries. Hope you get it now.

shia

This is beginning to get interesting for at least I know I am gaining something which is how its supposed to be (Thanks so much). Well my brother, Islam is abhorrent against lies in all ramifications except in rare cases of life and death (example; robbers asking where your father is? Or temporarily telling an hypertensive person just recovering that her dead son just travelled etc). My brother let's be realistic, if I lie to defend Islam, when won't you eventually detect the lie (especially in this age of google), which is counter productive because it will take you farther away from Islam. Moreover you can browse and check the Quran, there is no place Allah mention al Taquiya. So if anybody uses it, such a person is a liar!!!!

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Believe you me this is my first hearing that the prophet forbade Ali from marrying more than one wife. If I ask for your source, you would probably google an hadith and post it here, but ill spare you the stress. The truth is that, its only the Quran that is infallible anything else is including hadiths, because these were collated long after the death of the prophet and we can't vie for it 100%. Rather what we muslims do is to correlate what ever the hadith says to what the Quran says, if what the hadith narrates is not in line with what the Quran says we discard the particular hadith and if its in line we leave it. Let me give you an example ( There is an hadith that says; when we blacks are hungry we steal and when we are filled up we fornicate and the only thing we are good at is hardwork. When such hadith was correlated to the Quran, it was found not to be in line and was promptly discarded as a fabricated hadith). So my brothers, provided that narration is not from the Quran and not in line with the Quran, It shouldn't be given attention except for mischief....!!!
This is the hadith in case you are in doubt:

Narrated 'Ali bin Al-Husain:
That when they reached Medina after returning from Yazid bin Mu'awaiya after the martyrdom of Husain bin ‘Ali (may Allah bestow His Mercy upon him), Al-Miswar bin Makhrama met him and said to him, "Do you have any need you may order me to satisfy?" ‘Ali said, "No." Al-Miswar said, Will you give me the sword of Allah’s Apostle for I am afraid that people may take it from you by force? By Allah, if you give it to me, they will never be able to take it till I die." When ‘Ali bin Abu Talib demanded the hand of the daughter of Abi Jahl to be his wife besides Fatima, I heard Allah’s Apostle on his pulpit delivering a sermon in this connection before the people, and I had then attained my age of puberty. Allah’s Apostle said, "Fatima is from me, and I am afraid she will be subjected to trials in her religion (because of jealousy)." The Prophet then mentioned one of his son-in-laws who was from the tribe of ‘Abu Shams, and he praised him as a good son-in-law, saying, "Whatever he said was the truth, and he promised me and fulfilled his promise. I do not make a legal thing illegal, nor do I make an illegal thing legal, but by Allah, the daughter of Allah's Apostle and the daughter of the enemy of Allah, (i.e. Abu Jahl) can never get together (as the wives of one man) (See Hadith No. 76, Vo. 5). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 53,
Number 342 )

XVI: Concerning the sons-in-law of the Prophet, which include Abu'l-'As ibn ar-Rabi'
3523. It is related that al-Miswar ibn Makhrama said, "'Ali ibn Abi Talib proposed to the daughter of Abu Jahl and Fatima heard about it. She went to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, ‘ Your people claim that you do not become angry on account of your daughters. This ‘Ali is going to marry the daughter of Abu Jahl.’ The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, got up and I heard him say after the tashahhud , "Following on from that, I married my daughter to Abu’l-‘As ibn ar-Rabi’ and he spoke to me and told the truth to me.
Fatima is part of me and I dislike that she be vexed . By Allah, the daughter of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and the daughter of the enemy of Allah will not be joined together by the same man.’ So ‘Ali abandoned his proposal."
It is related that Miswar said, "I heard the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he mentioned an in-law of his from the Banu ‘Abdu Shams and praised him as an in-law, and said, ‘He spoke to me and told the truth. He promised him and kept his promise.'" (Aisha Bewley, The Sahih Collection of al-Bukhari, Chapter 66. Book of the Virtues of the Companions; source )

This hadith and follow a chain of narration. The major reason why Mohammed forbade Ali from taking another woman was that he believed Fatima's feelings will be hurt and that will make him unhappy. Mohammed wants happiness for his daughter by eliminating any form of rivalry, with all forms of flimsy excuses, but recommended Muslims to take 4 wives. But the feelings of the first wife be hurt? Does Muslims first wives exist without father?

On this matter, Ali never never attempted to take another wife till he died. Mohammed and his family are always above the law.

You said you don't have complete confidence in the hadith, where do you get the 5 pillars of Islam from? Where did you get your 5-daily prayer routine from, the Quran or the hadith?

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
Bros your defense is very weak because all human, irrespective of social or political status, are equal in God's eye. Human beings can make laws to protect a certain class of people by granting then immunity, but God cannot do that, unless you want to tell me that allahh is a respecter of person. The bible says: God is not a respecter of person. Please don't put God in this, unless you want to tell us that the God of the bible acts differently from the god of the Quran.

If you read all the ayah, that is verse 53 of Quran chapter 33, you will understand that it is all for the benefit of Mohammed. And this is one of the major reasons baby Aisha, his 6-yr old child bride, told Mohammed and I quote: 'It seems allahh is always ready to satisfy your desires'. This statement was made by Aisha in one of the hadith.

You should please learn when a man wants to satisfy his desire and when God truly speaks to him. On this particular issue, no allahh or Jibril spoke to Mohammed. Mohammed also expressed his wish and desire here.

Point of correction my dear friend. In Islam all the Prophets are given a higher status than ordinary human beings in as much as we are reminded that they are also flesh and blood like us (not to encourage us to worship them). We are not equal to the Prophets in the sight of Allah, because these are people specially selected by Allah to spread his message and what they go through, we mere human beings can't go through it and also on the day of judgement, these same Prophets are going to be accountable for themselves and Us in addition so how can we say they are equal to we ordinary human beings. (That is why when we mention Moses, Abraham, Jesus or Muhammad we end it with (PBUH)).
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by LifestyleTonite: 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:

You said you don't have complete confidence in the hadith, where do you get the 5 pillars of Islam from? Where did you get your 5-daily prayer routine from, the Quran or the hadith?
His talk of not believing completely in the hadith is one of his Al taquiya which He just doesn't know he practices it.

5 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

This is beginning to get interesting for at least I know I am gaining something which is how its supposed to be (Thanks so much). Well my brother, Islam is abhorrent against lies in all ramifications except in rare cases of life and death (example; robbers asking where your father is? Or temporarily telling an hypertensive person just recovering that her dead son just travelled etc). My brother let's be realistic, if I lie to defend Islam, when won't you eventually detect the lie (especially in this age of google), which is counter productive because it will take you farther away from Islam. Moreover you can browse and check the Quran, there is no place Allah mention al Taquiya. So if anybody uses it, such a person is a liar!!!!
Bros you can't even lie again to defend Islam at this information age. Islam does not expect the IT age to decrypt all the Islamic teachings that were hitherto codified in arabic language. Before now no non-muslim has access to the Quran, let alone the hadith. As a matter of fact, non-muslims never knew, before now, that anything called hadith existed. But thank God for the information age, more and more people are learning Islam that is not diluted in the madrassas.

On lying, Islam permitted lying under three conditions:

1) When you want to settle quarrel among family and friends.

2) When you are making an agreement with the enemies of Islam or allahh.

3) And in time of war. Mohammed himself said: war is deceit. Mohammed understand the importance of deceit in winning a war and he employed it to the fullest against the Meccans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
This is the hadith in case you are in doubt:

Narrated 'Ali bin Al-Husain:
That when they reached Medina after returning from Yazid bin Mu'awaiya after the martyrdom of Husain bin ‘Ali (may Allah bestow His Mercy upon him), Al-Miswar bin Makhrama met him and said to him, "Do you have any need you may order me to satisfy?" ‘Ali said, "No." Al-Miswar said, Will you give me the sword of Allah’s Apostle for I am afraid that people may take it from you by force? By Allah, if you give it to me, they will never be able to take it till I die." When ‘Ali bin Abu Talib demanded the hand of the daughter of Abi Jahl to be his wife besides Fatima, I heard Allah’s Apostle on his pulpit delivering a sermon in this connection before the people, and I had then attained my age of puberty. Allah’s Apostle said, "Fatima is from me, and I am afraid she will be subjected to trials in her religion (because of jealousy)." The Prophet then mentioned one of his son-in-laws who was from the tribe of ‘Abu Shams, and he praised him as a good son-in-law, saying, "Whatever he said was the truth, and he promised me and fulfilled his promise. I do not make a legal thing illegal, nor do I make an illegal thing legal, but by Allah, the daughter of Allah's Apostle and the daughter of the enemy of Allah, (i.e. Abu Jahl) can never get together (as the wives of one man) (See Hadith No. 76, Vo. 5). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 53,
Number 342 )

XVI: Concerning the sons-in-law of the Prophet, which include Abu'l-'As ibn ar-Rabi'
3523. It is related that al-Miswar ibn Makhrama said, "'Ali ibn Abi Talib proposed to the daughter of Abu Jahl and Fatima heard about it. She went to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, ‘ Your people claim that you do not become angry on account of your daughters. This ‘Ali is going to marry the daughter of Abu Jahl.’ The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, got up and I heard him say after the tashahhud , "Following on from that, I married my daughter to Abu’l-‘As ibn ar-Rabi’ and he spoke to me and told the truth to me.
Fatima is part of me and I dislike that she be vexed . By Allah, the daughter of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and the daughter of the enemy of Allah will not be joined together by the same man.’ So ‘Ali abandoned his proposal."
It is related that Miswar said, "I heard the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he mentioned an in-law of his from the Banu ‘Abdu Shams and praised him as an in-law, and said, ‘He spoke to me and told the truth. He promised him and kept his promise.'" (Aisha Bewley, The Sahih Collection of al-Bukhari, Chapter 66. Book of the Virtues of the Companions; source )

This hadith and follow a chain of narration. The major reason why Mohammed forbade Ali from taking another woman was that he believed Fatima's feelings will be hurt and that will make him unhappy. Mohammed wants happiness for his daughter by eliminating any form of rivalry, with all forms of flimsy excuses, but recommended Muslims to take 4 wives. But the feelings of the first wife be hurt? Does Muslims first wives exist without father?

On this matter, Ali never never attempted to take another wife till he died. Mohammed and his family are always above the law.

My dear brother, I would advice you read my post again and this time more carefully. I said we have confidence in any hadith PROVIDED ITS IN LINE WITH THE QURAN shikenna !!!. Remember the example I gave of the case of we black people, do you expect me to defend that hadith (even if you give me the hadith number and chapter), when I know its contrary to what the Quran says ??

****Please give me about 20mins I want to observe my Afternoon prayer, ill be right back****
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by LifestyleTonite: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Point of correction my dear friend. In Islam all the Prophets are given a higher status than ordinary human beings in as much as we are reminded that they are also flesh and blood like us (not to encourage us to worship them). We are not equal to the Prophets in the sight of Allah, because these are people specially selected by Allah to spread his message and what they go through, we mere human beings can't go through it and also on the day of judgement, these same Prophets are going to be accountable for themselves and Us in addition so how can we say they are equal to we ordinary human beings. (That is why when we mention Moses, Abraham, Jesus or Muhammad we end it with (PBUH)).
Very wrong!

All humans are equal in God's eyes

Acts 10:34

So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:11

"For there is no respect of persons with God."

Yahweh doesn't show favouritism. This is why he is not Allah. So, all biblical prophets are equal with other humans.

To show that God doesn't do favouritism, when Yahshua asked for God to take away the cup of pains about to become of him, if God was a partial One, he would have favoured the request.

Luke 22:41-42

41 And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and
v knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, w “Father, if you are willing, remove x this cup from me.
y Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”

Had it been it was Allah and Mohammad, that request would have been granted cos seunH says Allah places his prophets above other humans. This show that Allah not the God of the Bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imam Abu Hanifah And The Atheist (beautiful Story). / Who's The Misleader? / How Do Muslims Justify Mohammed's Marriage To A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.