Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance (12508 Views)

IPPIS: Buhari Approves Payment Of February, March Salaries Of Varsity Lecturers / Nans Calls For Immediate Suspension Of Lecturer In Ace, Ondo For Assault / ITF Pays 2018 Siwes Staff 15000 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
The Office of the Senate President, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) writes, first and foremost, to categorically condemn the continued non payment of SIWES Allowance to students who had participated in the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) from 2010 - 2015 by the Industrial Training Fund (ITF).

Secondly, the Office of the Senate President, NANS, writes to demand for the full probe of the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) by the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for non payment of ITF stipends to students from 2010 - 2015.

The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), upon carrying out an extensive and rigorous investigation across various institutions in Nigeria, wishes to state in unequivocal terms that evidences exist beyond reasonable doubt that there is a systemic and endemic fraud being perpetuated at the ITF National Headquarters,Jos, Plateau State in partnership with the respective ITF offices in each state of the federation.

During the course of the nationwide investigation carried out by the Office of the Senate President, NANS, evidences/documents were obtained showing approval and disbursement of fund for the payment of SIWES Allowance for 2010 - 2015 SIWES set of students by the Federal Government.

The various ITF offices in each state of the federation has, over the years, been diverting hard earned stipend which students are entitled to under the pretense of 'inaccurate bank details' submitted by the students. This illegality is in connivance with the various commercial banks anchoring the SIWES Allowance payment. We call on the EFCC to also beam the agency's searchlight on all banks handling the payment of SIWES Allowance to Nigerian students. Any bank found culpable in this unethical practice should be duly sanctioned.

Furthermore, the Office of the Senate President, NANS, also discovered instances of SIWES Allowance being lodged with the ITF office, Jos, Plateau State. This is a well calculated attempt to divert, loot, and siphon the only form of subsidy being enjoyed by Nigerian students by the top echelons of ITF.

There is no moral justification, nor financial analogy for the non payment of SIWES Allowance to Nigerian students. We call on the ITF to learn from the swift, clean and efficient payment portal deployed by NYSC in the payment of monthly Corps members allowance with little or no fuss.

There should be a collaborative, cooperative, productive and positive synergy between various Ministries and MDAs of the Federal Government for effective implementations of various policies to better the lives of the Nigerian students and masses. NANS finds it unacceptable, unpalatable, unprofessional and corruption-riddled if the process of payment of ITF/SIWES Allowance takes an average of THREE years from disbursement by the Federal Government to receipt by students!

NANS finds it unpatriotic on the part of the ITF as an agency and top ITF officials bringing this untoward hardship on Nigerian students for any student not to get paid for his/her complete the 6-month of I.T. scheme.

Finally, the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) is giving a two-week ultimatum to the ITF for the immediate commencement of payment of all outstanding SIWES Allowance from 2010 - 2015. Failure to commence the payment will leave us with no choice than to mobilise across all campuses in each state to stage a coordinated protest at the various ITF offices in every state to air our grievances over the non payment of the SIWES Allowance. The association would not hesitate to fully activate our nationwide mobilisation machineries to stage a grand protest at the ITF National Headquarter, Jos, Plateau State.

Signed:
Comrade Bamigbade Taiwo 'Egalitarian'
Senate President,
National Association of Nigerian Students

Read More @ http://www.petalsblog.com/2016/10/nans-calls-for-itf-probe-and-immediate.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
Seconded! EFCC food don land

8 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by gloriaunobi(f): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
Where is EFCC?

2 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by tammyboy1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lol i remember when we were filling our bank details back then, some peeps were in a haste forgetting that even our predecessors have even lost hope of being paid not to talk of us...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by mamaafrik(m): 6:03am On Dec 01, 2016
Please admin.,kindly move this page to the front page,dis is nothing but corruption of the higest order,nairaland is the hope of the common masses,i know this is not a "who wore/rock it more and snake topic",imagine 15kmultiplied by (17 universities)multiplied by (6years of nonpayment),mod.,please.

5 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by akraym(m): 6:49am On Dec 01, 2016
This news nor concern me.

I will pass.

Akraym

2 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by Bhuldoxxa(m): 6:49am On Dec 01, 2016
Money issues
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by nony43(m): 6:49am On Dec 01, 2016
This Nans self, always barking without biting, it takes up to 2years after your graduation for them to pay you in my school, that should 10-15k per student

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by Generalkorex(m): 6:51am On Dec 01, 2016
Nice o
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by samx4real(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2016
Let them probe them...

Them no pay me wen I do my I.T for 2011

Thieves!!!

10 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by ylaa(f): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2016
Am waiting
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by fran6co(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2016
one stupid clown will be eating something that doesn't belong to him with out remorse and u want change to begin with me

11 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by SlimOfy(m): 6:53am On Dec 01, 2016
firstly, Nigerians were against probe. Now, everyone is calling for probing of all sectors... God save us

2 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by martineverest(m): 6:54am On Dec 01, 2016
good.

I'm yet to receive my allowance since 2011
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by solid3(m): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2016
They are using the SIWES money for MMM.

8 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by DrHighchief(m): 6:57am On Dec 01, 2016
I did my IT 2003 and I did all the necessary documentation. They didn't pay me.
Thank you NANS for bringing this issue to the public domain. EFCC, please do the needful.
#saynotocorruption

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by jamislaw(m): 6:57am On Dec 01, 2016
I was paid June this year, after three years of SIWES. ABUSITE always ahead.
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by Neroanna(f): 6:59am On Dec 01, 2016
Nice move
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:02am On Dec 01, 2016
Okay

2 Likes

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by Genea(f): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2016
Where is my IT money ooo
Dah place I worked, dey didn't pay me at all. Govt shud come and pay their own ooo cry
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by admax(m): 7:05am On Dec 01, 2016
Those guys should be truely probe, it's more than 15yrs and I never received a dime!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by effty(m): 7:06am On Dec 01, 2016
I am yet to get my SIWES allowances since 2006.
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by Lamzzyy(m): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2016
Too much officials in a country that is fighting recession is a problem most of them dont do anything....NCC

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 01, 2016
mamaafrik:
Please admin.,kindly move this page to the front page,dis is nothing but corruption of the higest order,nairaland is the hope of the common masses,i know this is not a "who wore/rock it more and snake topic",imagine 15kmultiplied by (17 universities)multiplied by (6years of nonpayment),mod.,please.
I sha get 15k from dem as empowerment money..remain school own..lol
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by nasiodamus(m): 7:09am On Dec 01, 2016
Long overdue i did my siwes 2013 till now shi shi I never see...the should probe every high ranking staff in ITF.
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by bankyblue(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Is ok....efcc do sortin
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by Rendition(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Did mine in 2011,nufin was paid, den I wondered D kinda diversion they wer doing in dat scheme,thank God they are about to be exposed
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by bankyblue(m): 7:19am On Dec 01, 2016
fran6co:
one stupid clown will be eating something that doesn't belong to him with out remorse and u want change to begin with me

My brother tHat is what haPpen when somene lack the fear of God
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by tripoli007(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2016
I did mine 2014 .. I received my alert 2weeks after the end of IT 14,850 remember vividly,but a whole lot of students have issues arising from not submitting there logbook or not properly filling there forms and ommiting bank swift code..

1 Like

Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by J4parry(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2016
This is what EFCC should have taken interest in long ago as it concerns the so called tomorrow's leaders. Imagine the height of corruption!

This is a front page material.
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by kixo(m): 7:23am On Dec 01, 2016
those people are bunch of thieves, they paid some of my colleagues and some of us were not paid
#Efcc over to you
Re: NANS Calls For ITF Probe And Immediate Payment Of Siwes Allowance by ugwum007(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2016
It seems a social media outcry is the best bet because it seems to be the only outlet working in this country.

What if they reform how that money is being paid to students and do it like that of Nysc.

What God will judge in Nigeria, he may even hire Satan to help with Nigeria's case.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU AWARDS: A Nairalander (fynestboi) Needs Your Votes / ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met / Photos: Physically Challenged Nigerian Man Graduates From Cyprus University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.