Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,852 members, 7,802,730 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

The Most Horrifying Pics Ever Taken With A Camera (pics) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Most Horrifying Pics Ever Taken With A Camera (pics) (1512 Views)

Horrifying Cannibal Cakes That Look Like The Dead, Real Life Human Flesh / Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos / Update On Imported ‘india Garri’: Health Minister Now Aware & Taken Actions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Most Horrifying Pics Ever Taken With A Camera (pics) by konklud22(m): 1:58am On Nov 01, 2016
This startling photograph is acknowledged as one of the most horrifying photographs shot ever since the camera was invented.
This photo was shot in 1994 and won the Pulitzer Prize. The location is Sudan, outside a UN warehouse for storing food and grain received as humanitarian aid. Nobody knows what happened to the child. But Kevin Carter broke down mentally after taking this picture and ultimately committed suicide within 3 months of taking this picture. This is what Kevin Carter wrote in his diary which was recovered after his death :

"Dear God, I promise I will never waste my food no matter how bad it can taste and how full I may be. I pray that He will protect this little boy, guide and deliver him away from his misery. I pray that we will be more sensitive towards the world around us and not be blinded by our own selfish nature and interests. I hope this picture will always serve as a reminder to us that how fortunate we are and that we must never ever take things for granted."

Each one of us waste food just because we can afford to waste food. Despite all the technological advances made by man, it has not been possible to eliminate hunger. Hunger is not only caused by famine or failure of crops. It is also caused by war both internecine and external agressíon.
Can we, after seeing this photograph take a pledge not to waste food ?
Can we educate our children not to waste food ?
Can we share this picture with our friends and acquaintances and take a pledge to spread awareness, beyond the four walls of our home about the existence of hunger
Please share this picture and spread the message through whatever medium that is available to you.

Re: The Most Horrifying Pics Ever Taken With A Camera (pics) by ayourbamie: 2:31am On Nov 01, 2016
Oh my... Thank You JESUS

(1) (Reply)

Mini Commercial Blenders / Start Indomie Cooking Business Today And Make At Least ₦35k Daily In Nigeria / Wierd Things Found In Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.