Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:39 PM

Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi (2202 Views)

Friend's Reply After His Friend Told Him To Open 'My Computer' In His Computer / RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers / Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Rayfield: 3:28am On Nov 01, 2016
Am using an Hp Elitebook 8440p (Core i5), the problem all started when my HDD crashed, I took it to an engineer and got it fixed. After some months now, I have tried using Wifi on the said computer, but it's not detecting/searching any Wifi around. I have tried it severally but to no avail. Though I can connect to the Internet using a Modem but I really need to be using Free Wifi my School provided and that of my phone Wifi.
Please can any one help with a solution,clues and advice on what the problem is or profer a solution.
I would appreciate your responses and contributions.
Thank you.

1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by UncleSnr(m): 3:30am On Nov 01, 2016
Drivers!

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Olasco93: 3:37am On Nov 01, 2016
My niece is faced with similar issue(s) when I tried using my Phone's Wifi to connect her laptop to Web. And it has been a thing of concern to her. Can someone share more light on the issue and how to rectify the problem.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by dollarprincess(f): 6:32am On Nov 01, 2016
hello firstly look for a modem and connect to the internet make sure u are connected now go to my computer or this pc once u get there right click for more options now click on properties it will take you to a place you will see ur system specifications and properties now at the left top you will a place they write device manager click on it a box will pop up now go to networks they u will see realtek rlt for wifi now click on it again right click on it u will see update driver now click update driver now finally update automatically online make sure u have internet connection once it done updating it will request to reboot system now reboot i promise it will work also try and drive every hardware device there through online updating
get more of this tech info tips and tricks at www.getontopc.com
u can still contact me for more help
hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by bright1985: 6:42am On Nov 01, 2016
IF U HAVE DRIVE IT AND IT DIDNT WORK U NEDD TO CHANGE THE WIFI CARD .....CHEER

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by kennyldelsu: 6:44am On Nov 01, 2016
I'm so sorry abt this. Have u check the driver? I'll suggest you get an external wifi dongle. If u want it, pls mail erikighokenneth@yahoo.co.uk ill show u the pics of the exert n how u can get it.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Lexusgs430: 1:27am On Nov 02, 2016
Rayfield:
Am using an Hp Elitebook 8440p (Core i5), the problem all started when my HDD crashed, I took it to an engineer and got it fixed. After some months now, I have tried using Wifi on the said computer, but it's not detecting/searching any Wifi around. I have tried it severally but to no avail. Though I can connect to the Internet using a Modem but I really need to be using Free Wifi my School provided and that of my phone Wifi.
Please can any one help with a solution,clues and advice on what the problem is or profer a solution.
I would appreciate your responses and contributions.
Thank you.

Delete the drivers and reinstall

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Rayfield: 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2016
dollarprincess:
hello firstly look for a modem and connect to the internet make sure u are connected now go to my computer or this pc once u get there right click for more options now click on properties it will take you to a place you will see ur system specifications and properties now at the left top you will a place they write device manager click on it a box will pop up now go to networks they u will see realtek rlt for wifi now click on it again right click on it u will see update driver now click update driver now finally update automatically online make sure u have internet connection once it done updating it will request to reboot system now reboot i promise it will work also try and drive every hardware device there through online updating
hope this helps
It worked by following this your step-by-step guide you posted.
I really owe you a lot for this information.
Am very, very grateful to you.
Thank you so much Dear.
Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by dollarprincess(f): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rayfield:

It worked by following this your step-by-step guide you posted.
I really owe you a lot for this information.
Am very, very grateful to you.
Thank you so much Dear.
you welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Rayfield: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
dollarprincess:

you welcome dear
Sorry for bothering you with questions, please my headset (Earphone) is not working on my Laptop. I've tried different types of headphones, earphones but to no avail. Can you help out please?
Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by dollarprincess(f): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2016
Rayfield:

Sorry for bothering you with questions, please my headset (Earphone) is not working on my Laptop. I've tried different types of headphones, earphones but to no avail. Can you help out please?
hope you derived the whole hard ware components just like u did on the other one because it advisable so that your pc will be sound if yes that means the ear peace slot it bad
Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by nigerianservice: 8:32am On Nov 16, 2016
Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
headset is not working is different from speaker not working ,if a speaker is not working but the headset is working, then you need a driver but first of all I want to know of the speaker is working... if yes then you need to change the headset port it's faulty.

take it to any engineer closer to you.

but before that make sure this is tick in your setup..

I wrote a post up there on how to locate this, if you can't find it just enter setup.

make sure speakers and headphones is ticked or Audio device.
save it and connect your headset to see.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Rayfield: 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
dollarprincess:

hope you derived the whole hard ware components just like u did on the other one because it advisable so that your pc will be sound if yes that means the ear peace slot it bad
I tried locating it the way you explained the previous one but couldn't. I don't know if you can Post a Screenshot of the section that controls the Headphone, to enable me locate it easily.
Thanks.
Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Rayfield: 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
udemzy101:
headset is not working is different from speaker not working ,if a speaker is not working but the headset is working, then you need a driver but first of all I want to know of the speaker is working... if yes then you need to change the headset port it's faulty.

take it to any engineer closer to you.

but before that make sure this is tick in your setup..

I wrote a post up there on how to locate this, if you can't find it just enter setup.

make sure speakers and headphones is ticked or Audio device.
save it and connect your headset to see.
Let me try as you've said. Thanks!
Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by dollarprincess(f): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
Rayfield:

I tried locating it the way you explained the previous one but couldn't. I don't know if you can Post a Screenshot of the section that controls the Headphone, to enable me locate it easily.
Thanks.
that will be later

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi by Vecto(m): 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2023
dollarprincess:
hope this helps

Hi I encountered this same issue and I just wanted to confirm if it has to be realtek rlt because mine isn't showing that here. The network adapter I downloaded is Intel (R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection. I don't know if that's the right network adapter

(1) (Reply)

Download Terrarium TV For Pc– Free HD Movies And Tv-shows On Windows And Mac / Kindly Help, Windows 10 Can't Connect To Wi-fi / Get Grade A Original Inverter Tokunbo And New Batteries Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.