Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (80897 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In January 2019 / 50 Songs By Other Africans That Were Hits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ottersberger(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:
Can someone remind me of Dizzy K's most popular song? Can't remember the tune

Baby Kilode?.

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
@ naptu2.....please do you know the name of that track King Sunny Ade sang one song about Nigeria------- Naijeriya something something? Ain't a Yoruba but, I love that song so much. Am also a great fan of Ebenezer Obey cool cool

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by joseph1832ng: 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:

Do you have any idea what happened to Florence Ogunro?

Cc na ptu2, joseph1 832ng
Florence Ogunro or Rosemary Ogunro?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ottersberger(m): 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
joseph1832ng:
Dizzy K Falola is a pastor! shocked shocked shocked

Hope he's not 'ambushing' his female church members? grin grin grin

Felix Lebarty also turned Pastor.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Caveatemptor(m): 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
The group Osibisa,although mostly populated by Ghanians,had a sprinkling of Nigerians over the years they were on top. I think their song Celebration, should be on the list.
@Naptu2, You have not said anything about the group BLO,which comprised of Lemmy Jackson and Tunde Odunmosu. I can't remember who theN stood for but they were a bad funkified group in the 70s and 80s. They had a song,"Back in time",that used to rock the air waves back in the day.
Oh! Nostalgia.....
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by DEIFIED(m): 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
Op nice one. I think i have heard over 75% of these songs on your list. They are all time classics.

3 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ottersberger(m): 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:

I love Wizzy Ilabo!! cheesy

I wish there's a site get the audio mp3 versions of Ofege songs sad

There you go: http://e-lagu.co/
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ikorodureporta: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
freezy9:
what ruɓish is this??
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
@ naptu2.....please do you know the name of that track King Sunny Ade sang one song about Nigeria------- Naijeriya something something? Ain't a Yoruba but, I love that song so much. Am also a great fan of Ebenezer Obey cool cool

Yeah. Search for "Lift Up Nigeria" or "The Way Forward".
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Mzsolmi(f): 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
Where's Awilo Logomba?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Theoritical(m): 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
Danfo driver?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by francileudo(m): 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2016
oliver de coque
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Caveatemptor(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:

Do you have any idea what happened to Florence Ogunro?

Cc naptu2, joseph1832ng

Actually, it is Rosemary Ogunro.She was a broadcaster with FRCN,back in the day,before branching out into moonlighting as a musician. I really don't know what happened to her. Most musicians back in the day were one hit wonders.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by eaglechild: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
Very good list.

Perhaps it should have been named 150 best classic songs and the list should be "in no particular order" because it is really difficult to put some ahead of others.

I believe I've listened to all the songs and I'll make a playlist out of this.

Some child stars like the girl that sang I'm going to school to learn can be slotted in.

4 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

Yeah. Search for "Lift Up Nigeria" or "The Way Forward".
OK. Thanks so much man cool wink
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
Caveatemptor:
The group Osibisa,although mostly populated by Ghanians,had a sprinkling of Nigerians over the years they were on top. I think their song Celebration, should be on the list.
@Naptu2, You have not said anything about the group BLO,which comprised of Lemmy Jackson and Tunde Odunmosu. I can't remember who theN stood for but they were a bad funkified group in the 70s and 80s. They had a song,"Back in time",that used to rock the air waves back in the day.
Oh! Nostalgia.....

Early saturday mornings on Radio Nigeria.

Come on little children,
Happy little children
Ta na na na na na na

That was a classic! That and Santana's "Let The Children Play".

Another Osibisa song that I absolutely love and people think I'm crazy when I suddenly start singing it or posting the lyrics on Facebook is the Coffee Song (people have spent two days trying to figure out why I posted those words on Facebook).

They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil!
No tea,
Or potato juice.
You'll see,
No tomato juice.

And all the children in Africa sing!
They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil!

But I consider them to be a mainly Ghanaian group.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by adedehinbo(m): 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
may almighty God bless this poster for sharing this with us,I am more than just happy to see the names of this songs nd downloading them, tears of joy rolling from my eyes, this songs reminds me of my childhood, struggles nd sufferings but we thank God today.
thanks to nairaland for sharing me with the great people on this forum

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
eaglechild:
Very good list.

Perhaps it should have been named 150 best classic songs and the list should be "in no particular order" because it is really difficult to put some ahead of others.

I believe I've listened to all the songs and I'll make a playlist out of this.

Some child stars like the girl that sang I'm going to school to learn can be slotted in.

It is in no particular order.

There's a semblance of chronological order, but that's just to help me keep track of the songs. It's actually in no particular order.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ajimight(m): 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:

I love Wizzy Ilabo!! cheesy

I wish there's a site get the audio mp3 versions of Ofege songs sad
check tubidy.com
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Akinwerndey: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
U tried very well in compiling this list... I only have issues with the inclusion of Davido, Olamide and Wiizkid on the list. They are good musicians but their songs shouldn't near best Naija music of all time because of the durability of their songs and the lyrical contents is not up there with other legends for now. If U had included ojuelegba may be it will be fair a bit . U even skipped the likes of marvellous benji, african China, Junglist, Black face, eedris, mode9 et al. Anyway you worked hard. #Respek

5 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Fussbot: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
OP pls do you know the name of the man with bass voice that sang
Ese re ko dara
Seyi too se ore mi ojo nlo..
His name and where I can get his songs maybe
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
francileudo:
oliver de coque

That's one of the fantastic message songs on the list. You are not only entertained, but you also learn while listening to it. I absolutely love that song. Identity by Oliver De Coque.

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ratello: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:
Can someone remind me of Dizzy K's most popular song? Can't remember the tune
Wao "Baby Kilode' I love you, I need you, I will never let you go baby kilode cheesy grin I love Dizzy K falola those good old days. Funmi - Nigeria My Beloved Country is another hit I love.

@Naptu2 you did a good job until I started seeing dbanj, davido and other mumu songs undecided undecided why come use your hand spoil your "evergreen hits" those mumu songs don't have any shelf life dude. Expunge them immediately. angry angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by shadrach77: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

1) Sweet Mother - Prince Nico Mbarga

2) Sawale - Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson

3) Baby Jowo - Dr Victor Olaiya

4) Love Adure - Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson

5) Erora Feso Jaiye - I.K. Dairo

6) Mo Sorire - I.K. Dairo

7) Salome - I.K. Dairo

8 ) Omo Laso - Odus And His Morning Star Orchestra

9) Joromi - Sir Victor Uwaifo

10) Guitar Boy - Sir Victor Uwaifo

11) Ketekete (The Donkey, The Man And His Son) - Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey

12) Board Members - Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey

13) Oni Dodo Oni Moin Moin - Fela

14) Viva Africa - Fela

15) Omo Pupa - Dr Victor Olaiya

16) Nike Nike - Eddy Okonta

17) Otanjele - Eddy Okonta

18) Taxi Driver - Bobby Benson

19) Army Arrangement - Fela

20) Teacher Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Fela

21) Zombie - Fela

22) Beast Of No Nation - Fela

23) Eddie Quansa - Peacock's International Guitar Band

24) Gbeyo Gbeyo - King Sunny Ade

25) Syncro System - King Sunny Ade

26) That Hausa song whose name I still do not remember

27) Mamausa - Nelly Uchendu

28) Waka About - Nelly Uchendu

29) Love Nwantintin - Nelly Uchendu

30) Try And Love - Ofege

31) Wizzy Ilabo - Ofege

32) One Early Morning - (I can't remember the name of the artist)

33) I Need Someone - Kris Okotie

34) Kill Me With Love - Jide Obi

35) Fine Mama - Kris Okotie

36) Goodbye Teacher - Kris Okotie

37) Cock Crow At Dawn - Bongos Ikue

38) Country Boy - Harry Moscow

39) E Je Ka Jo - Xtasy (Murray-Bruce)

40) Isale Eko - Xtasy (Murray-Bruce)

41) When The Going Is Good - William Onyeabor

42) Loverboy - Felix Lebarty

43) The Way We Are - Dora Ifudu

44) Baby Kilode - Dizzy K Falola

45) Dance Afro-Beat - Orlando Julius

46) Identity - Oliver De Coque

47) Osondi Owendi - Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe

48) Nigeria Go Survive - Veno Marioghe

49) Seun Rere - Christy Essien Igbokwe

50) One Love - Onyeka Onwenu

51) Onyiora - Charlie Boy (This is not the actual title of the song. It's the chorus. I can't remember the title)

52) Ifeoma - Felix Lebarty

53) Ngozi - Felix Lebarty

54) Mother And Child - Sonny Okosun

55) Fire In Soweto - Sonny Okosun

56) Which Way Nigeria? - Sonny Okosun

57) You And I - Onyeka Onwenu

58) Oko Mi Ye - Stella Monye

59) Oro Re - Roseline Ogunro

60) Mother Africa - Jambos Express

61) Fuji Garbage - Sikiru Ayinde Barrister

62) The City Called Sodom - Tera Kota

63) Send Down The Rain - Majek Fashek

64) Redemption Song - Majek Fashek

65) Sugar For Mi Tea - Ras Kimono

66) Natty Get Jail - Ras Kimono

67) Rat Race - The Mandators

68) Obaro - Evi Edna Ogoli

69) Happy Birthday - Evi Edna Ogoli

70) Jealousy - Evi Edna Ogoli

71) Ten Commandments - Orits Wiliki

72) Ose O Jesu - Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey

73) Madawonlohun (Let Them Say) - Onyeka Onwenu ft King Sunny Ade

74) Wait For Me - King Sunny Ade and Onyeka Onwenu

75) Omo Laso - Funmi Adams

76) Bubble - Adewale Ayuba

77) 1990 - Charlie Boy

78) Big Bottom - Charlie Boy

79) Alagbon (Prison Experience) - Orlando Owoh

80) Kangaroo - Orlando Owoh

81) Majek Fashek In New York - Majek Fashek

82) Do It In The Name Of Love - Alex O

83) Banana - Alex O

84) Back To The Basics - Esse Agesse

85) Rosie - Blakky

86) Bang Belly - Blakky

87) Blakky's House - Blakky

88) Blakky Skank - Blakky

89) Nigeria My Beloved Country - Funmi Adams

90) All We Need Is Love - Funmi Adams

91) Ina Gizo Yake - Funmi Adams

92) Ace - Sir Shina Peters

93) Shinamania -Sir Shina Peters

94) Authority - King Sunny Ade

95) Baby Jowo - Lieutenant Shotgun

96) Tickle Me - Alex Zitto

97) Mr Ragamuffin - Danny Wilson

98) Time Na Money - Mike Okri

99) Sawale - Feladey And Friends

100) Hello Africa - Dr Alban

101) Monica - Junior And Pretty

102) Wonder Wonder - Femi Anikulapo-Kuti

103) Africalypso - Lagbaja

104)Coolu Temper - Lagbaja

105) Scatta Head - Femi Anikulapo-Kuti

106) Consolidation (Show Colour) - KWAM 1

107) The Way Forward - Sunny Ade

108) Congratulations - Daddy Showkey

109) Dyna - Daddy Showkey

110) Denge Pose - Baba Fryo

111) It's My Life - Dr Alban

112) Hallelujah Day - Dr Alban

113) Guess Who's Coming To Dinner ? (Carolina) - Dr Alban

114) Allen Avenue - Weird MC

115) Love Me Jeje - Seyi Sodimu

116) Shake Body - Trybesmen

117) Shako Mo - Remedies

118) Alo (Story) - Maintain

119) Maintain In India - Maintain

120) Catch Cold - Maintain

121) Suuru Lere - Lagbaja

122) Konko Below - Lagbaja

123) Nothing For You - Lagbaja

124) Let's Stay Together - Kush

125) Don't You Know - Plantashun Boiz

126) You And I - Plantashun Boiz

127) Knock Me Off - Plantashun Boiz

128) Plantashun Boiz - Plantashun Boiz

129) African Queen - 2Face

130) If Love Is A Crime - 2Face

131) Ijo Ya - Weird MC

132) Swo - Marvelous Benji

133) Olufunmi - Style Plus

134) Imagine That - Style Plus

135) Yahooze - Olu Maintain

136) Tongolo - D'Banj

137) Fall In Love - D'Banj

138) Olorun Maje - D'Banj

139) Jailer - Asa

140 Fire On The Mountain - Asa

141) Gongo Aso - 9ice

142) Busy Body - PSquare

143) Temptation - PSquare

144) No One Like You - PSquare

145) Nwa Baby (Sawale) - Flavour

146) African Rapper Number 1 - M.I. ft Flavour

147) Dami Duro - Davido

148) Don't Dull - Wizkid

149) First Of All - Olamide.

150) Oliver Twist - D'Banj

You will never do well sir. What about ice prince's OLEKU , Wizkid's PAKURUMO, Kollington Ayinla's. ROPOPO, FUJI MEGASTAR, IJO YOYO cry cry
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
Akinwerndey:
U tried very well in compiling this list... I only have issues with the inclusion of Davido, Olamide and Wiizkid on the list. They are good musicians but their songs shouldn't near best Naija music of all time because of the durability of their songs and the lyrical contents is not up there with other legends for now. If U had included ojuelegba may be it will be fair a bit . U even skipped the likes of marvellous benji, african China, Junglist, Black face, eedris, mode9 et al. Anyway you worked hard. #Respek

Marvellous Benji is on the list.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by dejt4u(m): 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

It's not ECWA, it's by Good Women movement of CAC led by Mama Fasoyin
thank you for the correction
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
Great list but u forgot to add

Miliki express.. Ebenezer obey

Omode o. -Funmi Adams

Mama- funmi Adams

Funmi adams-Ahyae yaro

Shina Peter's-Ace

@ naptu2
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Caveatemptor(m): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
I also feel some of Fela Ransome Kutis early songs before he became radical,should be on this list such as Ekuro,buy Nigeria,Aya was no, and Ojo Monday,should be on your list.@Naptu2.

Fela did not start music as a social commentator and a lot of his early albums,although not popular are very,very good.
Davido and Lagbaja have tapped into his early songs,modernized ttem and used them to become popular. Even Ebenezer Obey tapped into early Fela songs and made dough.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by eaglechild: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

It is in no particular order.

There's a semblance of chronological order, but that's just to help me keep track of the songs. It's actually in no particular order.
That's good.

Taxi driver by Bobby Benson

I guess you forgot that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
warrenweste:
Great list but u forgot to add

Miliki express.. Ebenezer obey

Omode o. -Funmi Adams

Mama- funmi Adams

Funmi adams-Ahyae yaro

Shina Peter's-Ace

@ naptu2

Ace is on the list. All the other songs (apart from Miliki Express) were on the list at one point or the other, but I had to remove them when I was pruning the list down to 150.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
eaglechild:

That's good.

Taxi driver by Bobby Benson

I guess you forgot that.

It's on the list. In fact, I had two versions on the list, but I had to remove Mandy Brown Ojugbana's version. Bobby Benson's version is near the top of the list.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ajimight:
check tubidy.com
Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Download This Hot And Fresh HIP-HOP/R&B Mixtape By DJ Hypno / Muraino Ft. Zinoleesky - Ole (lazy) / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In June 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.