Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" (76572 Views)

It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians / ‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians / Wonder Bank Operator In Ogun Absconds With Customers' N2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by 247frolic(m): 6:38am On Nov 01, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Monday warned Nigerians against patronising what it called ‘wonder banks’, stating that their activities were not regulated by it.

The Head, Consumer Protection Department, CBN, Hajiya Kadija Kassim, stated this during a mentoring programme for students of the Government Secondary School, Suleja, Niger State.

The mentoring programme, which was held simultaneously in over 200 schools, was part of activities to mark the World Savings Day.

The apex bank’s warning is coming at a time when the huge unemployment situation in the country is making a lot of people to take interest in an online investment scheme tagged: ‘MMM Federal Republic of Nigeria (nigeria.)’.

The platform has embarked on an aggressive online media campaign to lure the investing public to participate in what it called “mutual aid financial network,” with a monthly investment return of 30 per cent.

Kassim, while responding to a question asked by one of the students, described the scheme as fraudulent since it was not supported by any business model.

She said, “We have heard about the activities of MMM, but I want to warn you against it because they are wonder banks that are not regulated.

“Desist from their activities because they are fraudulent.”

She said the theme of this year’s World Savings Day, ‘Don’t save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving’, would assist in creating the needed awareness on the need to save.

She added, “The World Savings Day is a tradition created with the objective of stressing the importance of savings for modern economies and individuals alike.

“The primary objective is to increase awareness on financial literacy among various segments of the general public to sensitise them to the importance of saving, earning a livelihood, inculcating a savings habit, and generating employment and entrepreneurship for personal and national development.”

http://punchng.com/cbn-warns-patronage-wonder-banks/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by nony43(m): 6:43am On Nov 01, 2016
CBN is it your money? Is it your risk? Shebi na my money and risk, Abeg I was once criticizing mmm but now I am regretting not starting early, people b calling mmm a scam while our money grows like grass by the way I am ghing today, Commercials banks are also benefitting from mmm some people exceed their transfer limits of their bank mobile app providing help each transfer cost 100 or 105 .CBN who una help?

445 Likes 34 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by drimpeccable(m): 6:47am On Nov 01, 2016
Interesting! grin

5 Likes

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Emycord: 6:50am On Nov 01, 2016
I said it oh i warned my friend now let me go and rewarn him

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 01, 2016
All the unemployed graduates wen APC promise 5k every month. I just hear sa una money don reach 17months. N5,000x17=85,000. Just be patient, Buhari is borrowing $30billion to pay una arrears.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Korrection(m): 7:00am On Nov 01, 2016
I dont know why my mind is telling me that this MMM is a pyramid scheme....scam...I have been cajoled by friends severally to invest but my inner spirit is saying dont do it...I think i will have to stick to my mind and face my car and poultry business...

130 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 01, 2016
This the 2nd warning coming from CBN

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by fiizznation: 7:04am On Nov 01, 2016
Lately I Have been hearing about this MMM, but to be honest, I have no idea about what the thing stands for. Is it a betting game or what? I'm kind of curious though

12 Likes

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Korrection(m): 7:05am On Nov 01, 2016
I know it sounds good but dont know how its going to end...better is the end of a thing than its starting... grin grin grin grin
slimany:
Every mmm participant goes through the following stages
1. U think its a scam
2. U register because of ur friend
3. U are afraid ur money is going to disappear
4. Ectasy !!! u got help
5. U can't shut up u tell ur family and friends
6. You get scared again because of rumour mongers
7. You get desperate for referral bonus
8. You increase ur pledge.
9. When people say mmm is a scam u tell them that u like it, that mmm should keep scamming u.
10. You spend money like your father owns

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Funlordjnr: 7:16am On Nov 01, 2016
MMM? "Moving Mumus Money".... grin

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Garshyzee(m): 7:45am On Nov 01, 2016
u these cynics criticizing.....mmm pays and its still paying.....for how to participate freely without fear of suspension and blockings..check my signature ; cool..mm rocks sha

10 Likes

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2016
abuayman:
This the 2nd warning from CBN

I have a feeling that government might do something about it. probably clamp down on the MMM system and ban it in Nigeria, the same way it was banned in China. Make we dey look, there's definitely some more to this second warning than meets the eye.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 01, 2016
nony43:
CBN is it your money? Is it your risk? Shebi na my money and risk, Abeg I was once criticizing mmm but now I am regretting not starting early, people b calling mmm a scam while our money grows like grass by the way I am ghing today

I can't believe someone will type this rubbish on a public forum! You mean that after being warned about the dangers of something by a government official from a reputable government agency you still ask such stu.pid questions?! Now imagine if NAFDAC warns Nigerians about a particular product and tells them to desist from buying/consuming it, is it wise to ask NAFDAC is it their money? is it their own life at risk? imagine the nonsense! angry angry better heed the warning and stop fooling yourself.
There's no quick and easy way to make money #Word.

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 01, 2016
coollabman:

I have a feeling that government might do something about it. probably clamp down on the MMM system and ban it in Nigeria, the same way it was banned in China. Make we dey look, there's definitely some more to this second warning than meets the eye.

That's it, something is not adding up

15 Likes

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Lately I Have been hearing about this MMM, but to be honest, I have no idea about what the thing stands for. Is it a betting game or what? I'm kind of curious though
my brother if u never dey chop mmm money u dey miss... Believe me... Expecting payment today.... U can send me message on whatsapp for further info.... 07064969050

13 Likes

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by nairaman66(m): 8:54am On Nov 01, 2016
coollabman:

I can't believe someone will type this rubbish on a public forum! You mean that after being warned about the dangers of something by a government official from a reputable government agency you still ask such stu.pid questions?! Now imagine if NAFDAC warns Nigerians about a particular product and tells them to desist from buying/consuming it, is it wise to ask NAFDAC is it their money? is it their own life at risk? imagine the nonsense! angry angry better heed the warning and stop fooling yourself.

CBN reputable? Please think again..

Besides, the CBN can't do anything they can only warn and that's it. The decision making solely lies with the individual who wants to invest in MMM.

Furthermore, between the Nigerian government, CBN and MMM who is scamming the Nigerian people the more??

197 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by fairplay90(m): 9:06am On Nov 01, 2016
Them go hear? the answer is No!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Vick4rill(m): 9:11am On Nov 01, 2016
coollabman:

dont mind the fool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2016
nairaman66:

CBN reputable? Please think again..

Yes! the CBN is a reputable government agency!

nairaman66:

Besides, the CBN can't do anything they can only warn and that's it. The decision making solely lies with the individual who wants to invest in MMM.

you'd be surprised the kind of power at the disposal of the government. they can go as far as making the MMM website inaccessible in Nigeria (since they have no physical address). Something similar was done in China!

nairaman66:

Furthermore, between the Nigerian government, CBN and MMM who is scamming the Nigerian people the more??

Common be real! How and when has the Nigerian government scammed you?! MMM is still in its nascent stage (barely one year) in Nigeria! It will eventually grow so big and will burst like a bubble! dragging all of you hooked up to the system down the drain. That's why a ponzi scheme (that has a pyramid structure embedded in it) is dangerous. A few people make money and it appears to be legitimate for a while. Eventually more unsuspecting people join and it grows to a stage where it collapses. Causing those that join late in the lifespan of the scheme to loose money! that's why its a scam! MMM is a scam!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
mmm stands for Money making machine.

8 Likes

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 01, 2016
it will crash by January...quote me anywhere grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Adesiji77: 10:29am On Nov 01, 2016
Will they listen? undecided

A dog "destined" to get lost does not hear the hunter's whistle.

lalasticlala, Dominique, Mynd44

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by siraj1402(m): 10:38am On Nov 01, 2016
Leave them them no go hear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2016
Ok, even CBN plays MMM, who dem won discourage sef grin

++Kassim, while responding to a question asked by one of the students (so even students in secondary schools are aware of this life changing wonder). undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by henrydadon(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2016
cheesy

them no go hear..Nigerian too like awuff..

[img]http://i./HZ1H3Pk30O0ec.gif[/img]

i know it will eventually crash..it is bound to happen

it a ponzi scheme they wait till they have enough money and lot of customer
under them till befor they vanish . it recently happen in south africa and kenya..enjoy it while it last tho.

it all just a big elaborate fraud
[img]http://i./hgjNPEmAmpCMM.gif[/img]

23 Likes

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by benueguy(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2016
nony43:
CBN is it your money? Is it your risk? Shebi na my money and risk, Abeg I was once criticizing mmm but now I am regretting not starting early, people b calling mmm a scam while our money grows like grass by the way I am ghing today

1 Like

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2016
I just dey pity the last person wey go join MMM

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by Fairgodwin(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2016
Ew

1 Like

Re: 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" by babs01(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2016
ademasta:
Up MMM!

My money, my business, my life! Be reminded, not yours.

And I see no reason why you should quote me unreasonably.
who cares?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Bobby Max: Nigerian Establishes Coinbeats Lounge And Restaurant In Morocco / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.