Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

NIIT Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NIIT Students (17415 Views)

Apply Now For NIIT Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2015 / NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For IT Training Programme (14th Edition) - See More At: / NIIT Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIIT Students by gbadebo4g: 1:41am On Jan 03, 2007
As anyone in the house try or study at NIIT?
i need some infomation before i start school there.
Re: NIIT Students by Cactus(m): 2:18am On Jan 03, 2007
there are IT related field you can learn yourself get tutorials online to study yourself.

or

get a group of people interested and work by making mistake, if u make 1 mistake 30 times, and u finally get it, it should be difficult for u to forget the solution (perfection)

learning in class will definitely be helpful but it limits your spectra of thinking and application of subject matter.

to better get assistance from a forum it will be preferable if u provide some information on what area you may be interested in.

good luck
Re: NIIT Students by nazzyon(m): 8:53am On Jan 03, 2007
The school okay

Send mail to the webmaster to find out about what you need. Or you can visit any of their spots in Lagos for enquiry. they are never they won't bite. Just be ready to pay awesome fees.

I made their scholarship programme last year but still the bill that was on ground was too much for me.

webmaster: niit.webmaster@niit.com

www.niit.com

Goodluck with the findings.
Re: NIIT Students by obedz(m): 12:03am On Jan 04, 2007
As anyone in the house try or study at NIIT?
i need some infomation before i start school there.

am a DNIIT student of NIIT, as a matter of fact, i shall be goin to sch tomorrow, i think the sch is the best thing tat can probably happen to anyone in the computer related field. I think u are on the right path. Gudluck
Re: NIIT Students by alexis(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2007
Personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

NIIT markets itself well but doesn't live up to expectation. Indians are cheap, as a result, alot of good teaching staff always leave them and they end up hiring students and paying them peanuts; this will affect students learning.

My advice - buy books and read.
Google it
Join forums on the technology or product you intend to use.

1 Like

Re: NIIT Students by sholemania: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2007
i am part of those who did the exam of the 2006 niit scholarship exam and i paased. During the interview i was given diffrent types of topic to choose one out of it and i choosed java enterprise and i am asked to pay up to 100,000:00,though the scholership has covered some of the amount.
Re: NIIT Students by rozilla(m): 12:03am On Jan 06, 2007
alexis:

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

NIIT markets itself well but doesn't live up to expectation. Indians are cheap, as a result, alot of good teaching staff always leave them and they end up hiring students and paying them peanuts; this will affect students learning.

My advice - buy books and read.
Google it
Join forums on the technology or product you intend to use.

exactly. niit is one big house of bullshit, man. omo those guys are wayo, it's so sad. i, too, was in that their scholarship programme last year. i was in their java class for a couple of months. what a waste of time and money. when u remind yourself that they are asking for hundreds of thousands in fees, and then u see the mediocre teaching , it's enough to make u vomit last week's breakfast, sha. i quit them one time, and i strongly advise against going there. don't blow your money on them.
Re: NIIT Students by Seun(m): 9:57am On Jan 06, 2007
You're probably better off training yourself through the Internet and then getting self-employment.
Re: NIIT Students by danex(m): 7:48pm On Jan 09, 2007
niit is one big house of bullshit, man. omo those guys are wayo, it's so sad. i, too, was in that their scholarship programme last year. i was in their java class for a couple of months. what a waste of time and money. when u remind yourself that they are asking for hundreds of thousands in fees, and then u see the mediocre teaching ,  it's enough to make u vomit last week's breakfast, sha. i quit them one time, and i strongly advise against going there. don't blow your money on them.

o boy i dont seem to agree with u. i think it depends on the center. u know its a franchise thing and some centers tend not to meet their standards. so if ur in lagos i suppose lagos center is better. and talking about studying solo(internet and ebooks etc), you should seriouly consider it. i mean check ur capability. good luck on IT endeavors

danex wink
Re: NIIT Students by alexis(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2007
NIIT gives different training to different people and companies. The training the Central bank of Nigeria staff will receive will be different from the same training every other person will receive. In all, NIIT is a waste of money.

And yes - you can learn alot with google and reading books, that is how I got all my certifications and my present job.
Re: NIIT Students by goma(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2007
personally i blieve niit doesn't meet u to expectations. most of their teachers don't know what they talk about. the plus side is u get most materials and the school environment to keep u going. if u r a strong reader, i suggest u get the books and find some to tutor u on stuff that get u confused.
Re: NIIT Students by toptho(f): 12:59pm On Jan 28, 2007
I took the scholarship exam passed it,but wasnt really impressed when i got to the center so i didnt bother going
Re: NIIT Students by anusule(m): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2007
i am a student of niit. wat i l advise u 2 do is to enrol at their ikeja centre. dats where d real niit is. other lagos centres are rubbish. im actually wanting 2 get a degree advance placement in one of their affiliated schools in u.k
Re: NIIT Students by larryoncol(m): 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2007
NIIT ha ha ha ha, if you are planning on using scholarship then pls don't ok,
Re: NIIT Students by segebee(m): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2007
niit?

weel i just finished at the ikeja office, so i can give u the best answer
unlike the dniit guy thats new to niit

id say it has its pros and cons. like yesterday, heat was unbearable and only in the evenin were d acs in full gear

there's nothing special about ikeja
i think the problem niit is havin is from the nigerians they put there
we nigerians exploit ourselves

even my alagbado center is preferable to ikeja

Seriously, if u want to work in nigeria, go to niit cos of nigerian certificate mentality
they have the best courseware, all u need to know is in their books
u have very good pcs to work with
their internet connxn has a problem; i believe its cos of d nigerians exploitin us to make money
right now the indians have their hands off bt i blieve they're goin to ruin niit in naija

ABOVE ALL, THIS IS WHY I WANT U TO GO TO NIIT

U MEET PEOPLE, SOME ALREADY IN ORGANIZATIONS AND CAN HELP U WITH EMPLOYMENT[SO
GET CONNECTED TO PPLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE]

U ALSO MEET PPLE DOIN OTHER COURSES[PALLY WT EM. I WENT TO STUDY ORACLE, BT NOW IM GOOD@PHP-MYSQL]

U GET THE BEST SELF-EXPLANATORY SOFTWARE IN THE WORLD[ DONT WAIT FOR INSTRUCTORS, MOST ARE IT STUDENTS, ITS HARD TO KEEP GOOD TEACHERS COS OF PAY]

IF U'RE NOT CONVINCED, PLS DONT GO TO NIIT OR UD FEEL MISERABLE

BT BELIEVE ME I WOULD STILL TAKE ANOTHER COURSE AT NIIT[ EVEN IF ITS JUST TO CONNECT WT PPLE
IMAGINE A STUDENT WANTING TO BUY NIIT!!!!!!!!!, THE STUDENTS THEMSELVES ARE SOMETHING ELSE,
I FIRST SAW N91 AT NIIT]

I HOPE I'VE BEEN OF HELP
Re: NIIT Students by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 26, 2007
I did my IT in NIIT in 2002/2003, I was disappointed. Not to sound proud, I knew C++ (as a result of personal work) more than my teacher who would simply read the books to us.
When she tried explaining bubble sort, it was obvious she didnt know it and when people began asking questions, she began to vex. And I shelled out a lot of dough for the course, cus we had to take courses at NIIT before we could do any internship.
I saw them simply launching courses and giving the faculty guys crash programs on what to tell the students.
I remember them wanting to start a web design class and the teacher in charge was just informed of his new duty that day.
Next thing, I met the centre head giving the dude a crash course.
The next day he simply reproduced everything for the students, grin, he was actually a DBA.

So well NIIT has good marketing /packaging and all. When you read their brochures, you find out that you dont get what they promised.
Well this was at their ikeja centre, im sure in india, things are done differently. I think they capitalize on Nigerians fear of the unknown, and the situation in the job market, so they will always get customers.

Once your money has entered their pockets, then they can begin to misyarn anyhow, and I never checked, but im sure theres a non refundable clause somewhere, grin

They do have some smart guys though, who know what they are doing. If you want to hook up with people in IT, it wont be a bad
place to start.

Advice, read stuff on your own. Try it out for yourself, rather than paying 100k for 2 hrs per week, mon-wed-fri to the pockets of some dudes
who dont care about whether you know it or not.

But, since I went there with the mentality of getting my moneys worth, I learnt a lot of stuff, especially doing the odd troubleshooting here and there in my IT.

I hope no one who works at NIIT would take this personal ooo!!
Re: NIIT Students by larryoncol(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2007
THANK YOU EVERYONE AT LEAST WE NOW KNOW WHAT NIIT IS ALL ABOUT (exploitation AND money making schemes)

thats the only reason that they are here for.

thank GOD say i no pay my last inststallment because most of the things that i can say that i am good at today i learnt them on my own, i downloaded, books, artiicles, listened to others peoples views. NIIT is just read read read most of the lecturers there now nothing.

because i proved one of his theory wrong and he was trying to cover up with unneccessary excuses.

larry
Re: NIIT Students by smile4kenn(m): 7:26am On Apr 02, 2007
fished from there last year and it rubbish, good environment but low standard teaching
Re: NIIT Students by larryoncol(m): 11:30am On Apr 03, 2007
it a good thing that someone concurs with me

larry
Re: NIIT Students by alexis(m): 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2007
I said it and I will say it again - get books, get a computer at least, try and experiment, research, ponder, ask questions, don't limit yourself, be focused and push hard. If you honestly do that - you will arise above your peers and be a problem solver and solution giver.
Re: NIIT Students by larryoncol(m): 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2007
alexis

you are the man,
Re: NIIT Students by soulonfire(f): 3:14pm On May 03, 2007
niit is one big house of bullshit, man. omo those guys are wayo, it's so sad. i, too, was in that their scholarship programme last year. i was in their java class for a couple of months. what a waste of time and money. when u remind yourself that they are asking for hundreds of thousands in fees, and then u see the mediocre teaching , it's enough to make u vomit last week's breakfast, sha. i quit them one time, and i strongly advise against going there. don't blow your money on them.

Really, tis not the school but u that mks u!! u determine how gud u will b.
As sbucareer wld say : The only way to learn Software Dev. is to Develop Sofware

So its a do it urself learn byurself tingy. Wether u go to the best school or not to study IT. bro if u na no put eye, u go still mess up.

The gud tin about NIIT is that u aint spoon fed. so if u wanna b spoon fed - try next door!!

hola grin
Re: NIIT Students by omoluc: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2008
pls i need the address(es) of NIIT training center(s) or office(s) in Lagos. can someone plsssss help wit that. cry
Re: NIIT Students by omoluc: 10:14am On Mar 18, 2008
i am a secondary school. just finished 2007. i want to enter into this computer software, 3D programming stuff. can someone pls advise me whether i should go for it. If yes, wit which IT training institute in lagos? cry i would really appreciate a helping hand. grin

also what basics do i need?
Re: NIIT Students by akinnex(m): 11:31am On Mar 18, 2008
My dear NIIT is a Crap its not worth its at all, Niit as a whole is noting but a fraud that include Karox too because its the former center head in NIIT that owns karox Guys beware, Trust me i spent 6month and yet all i had was just books.
The have poor and lowly equipped teachers.get ebooks and teach your self you have lots
Thanks
Re: NIIT Students by javalove(m): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2008
I did my IT in NIIT in 2002/2003, I was disappointed. Not to sound proud, I knew C++ (as a result of personal work) more than my teacher who would simply read the books to us.
When she tried explaining bubble sort, it was obvious she didnt know it and when people began asking questions, she began to vex. And I shelled out a lot of dough for the course, cus we had to take courses at NIIT before we could do any internship.
I saw them simply launching courses and giving the faculty guys crash programs on what to tell the students.
I remember them wanting to start a web design class and the teacher in charge was just informed of his new duty that day.
Next thing, I met the centre head giving the dude a crash course.
The next day he simply reproduced everything for the students, , he was actually a DBA.

So well NIIT has good marketing /packaging and all. When you read their brochures, you find out that you don't get what they promised.
Well this was at their ikeja centre, im sure in india, things are done differently. I think they capitalize on Nigerians fear of the unknown, and the situation in the job market, so they will always get customers.

Once your money has entered their pockets, then they can begin to misyarn anyhow, and I never checked, but im sure theres a non refundable clause somewhere,

They do have some smart guys though, who know what they are doing. If you want to hook up with people in IT, it wont be a bad
place to start.

Advice, read stuff on your own. Try it out for yourself, rather than paying 100k for 2 hrs per week, mon-wed-fri to the pockets of some dudes
who don't care about whether you know it or not.

But, since I went there with the mentality of getting my moneys worth, I learnt a lot of stuff, especially doing the odd troubleshooting here and there in my IT.

I hope no one who works at NIIT would take this personal ooo!!

I disagree with most of u guys. NIIT is the best thing dat has happened to me as a person. I did my DNIIT in 2003 and I am happy where God has placed me today.

Just like our nigerian skools, its ur efforts that wud eventually giv u wat u want. were u expecting to go to NIIT an u wud not do any study or personal reserches of ur own, ? it doesnt work dat way friend, it doesnt.

Pple telling u to get books or google wud not help matters. Go there for councelling, pay for a course if u can afford, get d books, attend classes and do a whole lot of research on ur own if u got a real passion for d course u r doing, dat was my strategy sha,

No hating, just my honest opinion!!
Re: NIIT Students by mishooo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2008
I support you 100% javalove. Did my DNIIT in 2006 and i thank God that am living on what i gained in NIIT not what i studied in Univ, which is Statistics. am a programmer and i thank God through NIIT.

Guys, if you are serious and humble enough to learn, you will not loose out at the end.
Re: NIIT Students by omoluc: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2008
then which IT training institute is best? Aptech or any other?
Re: NIIT Students by javalove(m): 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2008
omoluc:

then which IT training institute is best? Aptech or any other?

COsfinshed from NIIT, i wud say NIIT bi still suggest you go to each of the skools for councelling either of NIIT, APTECH KAROX, BITRAX or INFORMATICS, anyone. Look around the skools and the environment. The one that suits u best, go for it having in mind that u are attending the skool to gain 40% knowledge and the remaining 60% is urs to execute. Spend time online, join discussion groups, forums to tap from other pple's knowledge all over the world and of course, ebooks club. I have been programming java for over 5yrs and i have na bought a hard copy book, cos why? I have more than 200 books on different stuffs on my laptop all from the net. The net is an advantage, Use it wisely!!!!!!!!!

The first thing we were taight in NIT if i can remember was ISAS, Information Search Analysis Skills, How to usthe internet to get wat u want witout spending much time. We were taught aw to use keywords and knowing which search engine to use at any given time, it goes on and on,

Did i make sense, ?

1 Like

Re: NIIT Students by omoluc: 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2008
yes, thanks very much for your effort to help me out. I appreciate your advice.
however what basics do i need to be admitted into one of these schools (do i need any basic requirement)?
javalove:

COsfinshed from NIIT, i would say NIIT bi still suggest you go to each of the skools for councelling either of NIIT, APTECH KAROX, BITRAX or INFORMATICS, anyone. Look around the skools and the environment. The one that suits u best, go for it having in mind that u are attending the school to gain 40% knowledge and the remaining 60% is urs to execute. Spend time online, join discussion groups, forums to tap from other people's knowledge all over the world and of course, ebooks club. I have been programming java for over 5yrs and i have na bought a hard copy book, because why? I have more than 200 books on different stuffs on my laptop all from the net. The net is an advantage, Use it wisely!!!!!!!!!

The first thing we were taight in NIT if i can remember was ISAS, Information Search Analysis Skills, How to usthe internet to get what u want witout spending much time. We were taught aw to use keywords and knowing which search engine to use at any given time, it goes on and on,

Did i make sense, ?

1 Like

Re: NIIT Students by webguru(m): 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2008
is it my NIIT u guys are yeyein like this

reminds me of when a teacher in NIIT was showin his students somethin online and unfortunately

got to nland and read bad NIIT posts, students were keen on readin more

he had to explain how all was a lie, God, ifelt like lol

Oh NIIT how did it get this bad

NIIT guys, reach me pls
Re: NIIT Students by omoluc: 11:54am On Mar 24, 2008
Webguru, You think what some are saying about is not true? why please, and how do i reach you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Result Slip Printing Problem / My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? / Tamilore Awolesi Offered Scholarships By 7 US Ivy League Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.