Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

NIIT Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NIIT Students (17404 Views)

Apply Now For NIIT Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2015 / NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For IT Training Programme (14th Edition) - See More At: / NIIT Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIIT Students by omoluc: 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2008
I mean about NIIT.
Re: NIIT Students by stream1: 2:00am On Mar 27, 2008
Look Mr soulonfire, you better watch your mouth, man niit isnt so bad, look guys, eevry one knows what he or she is doing in school, do you think its every thing that your lecturer must know, peops like me and my hommies we read on our own, no doubt the lecturers are wack, since my nice mr ayo resigned , i have been missing lectures, cuz he is just the best, never the less, i still read on my own, at the same time i have to hustle and have fun, its nt easy, why dont you look at the brighter side when you are don, job ? no wahala, men am talking about links and connections here, maybe those of yu guys whom are critisizing NIIT are the type that will just come sit your asses and be looking like on statue instead of making links, una go dey do like say una no dey sht for house,

abeg,

1 Like

Re: NIIT Students by stream1: 2:06am On Mar 27, 2008
grin , ehen sorry no vex, all you have to do is come to niit, why are yu delaying,
Re: NIIT Students by mayorlag: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2008
Hello All,

Before you start thinking of which school is good and which one is not, it is important you know the reason why you want IT. If you are able to say for sure that you want IT, then the school you attend might not be totally important. Most times, people want to do IT because they think they will get more money and open up several job opportunities for them. I must say that truly it does but it requires a lot of hard work and dedication. I have been an IT instructor for several years and found out that 90% of students in Nigeria just want IT because they can make more money been IT professionals. Once they start the classes, they realise that it entails a lot of hard work, dedication and self discipline which they can not cope with and just simply run!!!!!!!!! I knew i wanted IT and attended NIIT in year 2000. If you ask me, i will say NIIT is the best training institute in the country as i have been working as an IT professional with the knowledge i got from the Centre in Surulere for over 6 years now. I will advise you join NIIT, read and research alot, be willing to hear from experienced professional especially your instructor, share ideas with friends. Please dont just pick up materials, read and then read cheat sheets and just pass the exams. I have been oppotuned to interview people for jobs with loads of certifications and found out that they are very good with theories but not practicals that is required to get the job done. In conclusion, i will recommend NIIT because i gained immensly by attending the institute.

1 Like

Re: NIIT Students by ty4real(m): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
@Poster!

I worked as a student education counsellor at NIIT and I think,I can say some few things which might be of importance here,every organisation has its good and bads,Among the bad NIIT is still the best and of course it is the first IT training institution in Nigeria,yeah of course,it is relenting because it is only relying now on its past glory.But guys I must be sincere with you,the catch with NIIT are their books Lay ur hands on those materials and you are just good to go.I learnt some stuffs while I was there which I didnt need any faculty to train me and point of correction it is not the Nigerians there that are exploiting,it is the Indians themselves,putting unreasonable targets even with the meagre pay they offer.So I will still recommend NIIT if you cannot go online and google for the infor yourself and of course by this time the 9th NIIT/Nigeria Scholarships will be out so you can avail yourself the opportunity of getting the form and trying your luck,Dont 4get,it is only a partial scholarship ooooooo!ALL THE BEST! wink wink wink
Re: NIIT Students by saou2007(m): 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2008
NIIT, still remain the best in the market, take a try and you will be able to discover the truth. NIIT, don't find you job, rather they teach you to pass your certification and the rest is left for you. What else do you need from them. Am working on my own as a Sun Java programmer from NIIT. And it pays me more to know am the only expert around my niche. It's well.
Re: NIIT Students by powerblaze(m): 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2008
Well, APTECH, NIIT KAROX, ALL,, , they make no difference if you don't put in your own effort. We nigerians are just lazy. You don't do the complex mathematical part of software engineering taught to students in prominent institutions and yet you won't still study. I'm a student of Aptech, and though i hear students complain and in some cases their complaint is plainly true, yet my own effort coupled with the schools influence makes the difference.
Re: NIIT Students by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2008
niit are thieves, their price is extravagant. their scheme is not a scholarship. i passes last years exam and was asked to pay N170,000. just for oracle. that is not a scholarship, they should give it another name
Re: NIIT Students by javaprince(m): 9:30am On Jun 24, 2008
@Scrubber
True TALK!!!

If you ask me, I will say the term SCHOLARSHIP as used by NIIT is juss a DECECEPTION. As a young boy in 2004, I went there for my Oracle DBA training and I was made to pay N 175,000.00. And I still ended up having to study seriously HARD( u can't pass exams or neither become a GURU at what they teach u alone.) U have to get other materials especially for their JAVA.

My Advise - Get a cheaper Institution where you can get access to good materials and at least a minimum conducive environment. Then use the change u have to get a very Good Laptop - which u can then install the required Softwares - AND THEN STUDY VERY HARD!!!.

PHOTOCOPY NO EASY. - so Give ur self to I.T 100% or BACK OUT!!!
Re: NIIT Students by tomaagy(m): 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2008
OK truly I agree wit most posts to some level but I'd like to tell you my part of the story

I'm presently on IT at NIIT Ajah and I can tell you that apart from the basic problems which we may face everyday (that are quickly solved) I think it's the best IT firm in Nigeria as they have reasons and results to show for it.

I support the center stuff really because at my center everything runs smoothly and u'd have to switch the AC off urself wen u want to freeze! The systems are ON and Available complete with datafiles thru the day and the staff are well qualified and certified at thier various levels, well maybe becuase my boss is also an IT guru and wouldn't take rubbish guys, u even have to take exams to work here!

Truly the price you pay is not a justification to expect the impossible (that is) going from IT illitracy to guru in 6 months without burning the midnight candle on your own,

I was also quite experienced myself before I could even be taken as an IT student but wat I've learn from interactions and the available textbooks have made the dark areas bright,

I would like to point out the problems with Nigerian students, because we pay much cause of our bad economy, we always want to emphasize the money more than the reason we paid the money!

ok I wouldn't want to sound too NIITish because really they dont pay well and it's the indians exploiting us

1 Like

Re: NIIT Students by Rabeshi: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2008
please i want to know what the NiiT scholarship exam is all about exam,i applied 4 it and i have no knowledge.Any 1 wants to profer any assistance to me to do so here ciao,
Re: NIIT Students by meekas(m): 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
niit is a school to b.no longtin.thanks shocked shocked shocked
Re: NIIT Students by DouyexX(m): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2008
omoluc:

yes, thanks very much for your effort to help me out. I appreciate your advice.
however what basics do i need to be admitted into one of these schools (do i need any basic requirement)?

it is advisable that before you go into niit, you should have your SSCE. not that it is a basic cariteria, but just an advice from the information that i have. apart from your SSCE you do not require any additional qualification.

wen u attend the presentations (aka interview) at niit, you will get excited and decide to go for their programs because of what it can get you in a country like nigeria (certificate wise).

if that is how and why you got into niit, you can say it's full of shit because personally i think you fell for their marketing schemes.

but whatever you do in niit, the devidends of it depends on how willing you are to learn than how good they are in teaching.

their books are very good.
being a part of niit gives you alot that you will only find out by experience
niit has a very broad coverage and is very recognize as well as their certificate.

i'm currently doing my dniit in Warri, and the experience is more of practical & usable than just theory.

javaprince:

@Scrubber
True TALK!!!

If you ask me, I will say the term SCHOLARSHIP as used by NIIT is juss a DECECEPTION. As a young boy in 2004, I went there for my Oracle DBA training and I was made to pay N 175,000.00. And I still ended up having to study seriously HARD( u can't pass exams or neither become a GURU at what they teach u alone.) You have to get other materials especially for their JAVA.

My Advise - Get a cheaper Institution where you can get access to good materials and at least a minimum conducive environment. Then use the change u have to get a very Good Laptop - which u can then install the required Softwares - AND THEN STUDY VERY HARD!!!.

PHOTOCOPY NO EASY. - so Give your self to I.T 100% or BACK OUT!!!

the fact that you have to study hard at niit should not scare you if IT is your field because then studing hard would not be so hard.
wish you luck.
Re: NIIT Students by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 22, 2008
I am presently a student @ NIIT n I think above everything, d course outline n direction matters. "You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
Re: NIIT Students by Don4life: 8:27am On Aug 23, 2008
Info about NIIT CHECK THIS WEBSITE Pass4sure.smfforfree2.com there u can talk about it.
Re: NIIT Students by DualCore1: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2008
Final year exams for the British Open University begins tomorrow.
Wishing all fellow NIIT students, who are writing, success in their examinations.
My last three and a half years couldnt have been anymore fun than this.
Thanks to the entire NIIT board who've stood by us,
Thanks to fellow students, especially the gurls who have made programming a lot more fun grin
Thanks to the University board.
Thanks to our Creator.

on behalf of the NIIT Port Harcourt BOU students.
DC
Re: NIIT Students by iGuru1(m): 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2009
Thx 4 all ur replies.
But can som1 gain admission without the SSCE certificate.
Re: NIIT Students by Dclique(m): 2:58am On Oct 20, 2009
Heard one wouldn't be able to secure a job with only an NIIT certificate, you will also need a university degree to back it up.
How true is that?.
Re: NIIT Students by iGuru1(m): 8:23am On Oct 20, 2009
@Dclique
I think you should make a new trend for this your post,because it seems that nobody is checking out this trend.
Am also interested in learning from your topic.
Thx
Re: NIIT Students by Dclique(m): 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
You have the question up there. You can do that if you want to. Just quote it.
Re: NIIT Students by Dannish: 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2009
360 Consult Limited is seeking for web designers and programmers to work full-time or on contract basis. We need people who are experienced in one of the following areas and languages: Dreamwaver, Adobe CS3/CS4, PHP, Javascript, Ajax, Coral Draw, MySQL. Interested candidates should call Fred on 07062220549 or 07041714295. Our salary is very competitive
Re: NIIT Students by PrinceRaj1: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2009
I attended NIIT after 10yrs of programming. I picked up programming during the ASUU strike in my 100level together with my roommate. It was just fun to us and I only used the help file in QBASIC, not even a book.
Even though I read Mechanical Engr, my first job was as a programmer just like my current. Going to NIIT was for the certificate after working for 5years, but I picked up a few things which helped my understanding of Oracle database and PL/SQL.

NIIT is not a bad school, but being a programmer requires your interest and passion.
Starting off on your own may be rough so I advice you get a mentor to guide you or a friend to program with, just try out things dont be afraid to fail many times. After you understand some basic things, then select a course you want to study at NIIT If you have the money. Else just get and read good books.
Wish you the best.
Re: NIIT Students by roselex: 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2011
ohh
Re: NIIT Students by gsamuel(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
TrainingIndustry.com continuously monitors the IT training marketplace looking for the best providers of IT training services.
As part of our commitment to the industry and service to our community members and website visitors, we announce Top Company Lists to help buy-side organizations searching for the right training partner.

Selection to the 2015 Top 20 IT Training Companies List was based on the following criteria:

Leadership and innovation in IT training2015 Top 20 IT Training
Breadth of IT training and delivery methods offered
Company size and growth potential
Strength of clients
Geographic reach
Due to the diversity of client requirements in the IT training marketplace, no attempt is made to rank the "Top 20."

View the 2015 IT Training Companies Watch List:

http://www.trainingindustry.com/it-training/top-companies-listings/2015/2015-top-20-it-training-companies.aspx

(1) (2) (Reply)

NECO 2014 June/july Released / Tamilore Awolesi Offered Scholarships By 7 US Ivy League Universities / UI 2017/2018 Pg Application Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.