Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) (39418 Views)

Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe / Nigerian Air Force Airstrikes Sambisa Forest Killing Boko Haram Members(Video) / Watch Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Fash20: 8:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Ogbeche77:
They still look ill-equipped though, no bullet proof vest & battle helmet in the battle front..even with all the noise we have heard from this administration.. Na wa ooo
Where is the air support? No drone surveillance, insurgency group can't be defeated like this in the 21st century, when ll our pot-bellied army generals realize this..

Kudos to our gallant army though.. Victoria ascerta

I agree with you on battle helmet n co but I think it an ambush if you pay attention you will realize that they are fighting on both side they are at the middle of the road.

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 02, 2016
Not what I expected a gun dual against bh would look like, too amateur, no eyes from Within, No Advancement towards enemy, no strategic confrontation, all the noise seems to be guess work

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by holuwatobhy(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2016
onyenro:
This bh is just a scam. Imagine the waste of bullets... The soldiers don't even have binoculars to sight the lone gun man.
All they do is assume that the hail of bullets will possibly hit the lone gun man.
Nigeria has along way to go

You fit fight?

2 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:
No sniper, no airsupport.. undecided

No advancement, just stucked on one place and wasting bullets. . cry

seriously... that's what I'm thinking, no sniper team, no advancement... anyway kudos to them, it's not easy
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by currency7: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2016
Well done boys you can take a man out of military but I can't take military out of a man

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:

Air support is only required when the enemy is pinned down in a location or are using artillery or missiles from a fixed position. BH now operate in groups of less than 10 and are highly mobile. Who is going to use $25000 guided munitions on four people moving from tree to tree?

This isn't " Call to Duty"

Thank God they even have bullets to waste, under the last admin, they had less than 20 rounds - meaning retreat or run for your life.

9 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by adelekeolu(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2016
A matures just like buhari
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Cannonleo(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

you are talking about sniper and air support or advancement when the video is too short to credibly access the situation.

No Brigade fights without snipers..if the video did not show one does not mean there wasnt one. Air support could have been enroute but the video wasnt long enough to show that....

Talking about advancement I am sure you can see they are in the middle of a Boko haram sandwich and were shooting in 2 directions so how could they advance when both directions are blocked off.

My professional assessment is that they probably walked into an ambush so were temporarily disorganised which was when the video was being shot but they were doing a good job holding their position.

War fronts is not a video game...its real and scary and you never see the bullet that kills you until it hits you... Stop being condemning analytically..rather pray for them which I am sure you would have been doing if your brother was trapped in that ambush.

#NIGARMYREALMEN
#NOTOKEYBOARDWARRIORS
from Intel I can get this took place in gashika village in bualabin lga hope am correct, indeed the troops we're ambushed on both sides but mainly to their west ,where they concentrated fire, most went on recon in an area they assumed to be low threat ,hence the disparity in uniforms.

But I swear a lot needs to be done about firing discipline especially since they are In diamond formation neccesary for ambush repealing. That said hostiles are pushed back in an ambush by disparaged barrage but this one was uncoordinated. But in this situation everyone is trying to keep the next man safe so I don't really blame them

This was by must estimates a full company, cos I heard that this was just one part of the squad, another was pinned down behind with a mowag apc and a couple of technicals providing fire support for the other squads
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Cannonleo(m): 8:49am On Nov 02, 2016
greenpasture:

Air support is only required when the enemy is pinned down in a location or are using artillery or missiles from a fixed position. BH now operate in groups of less than 10 and are highly mobile. Who is going to use $25000 guided munitions on four people moving from tree to tree?

This isn't " Call to Duty"

Thank God they even have bullets to waste, under the last admin, they had less than 20 rounds - meaning retreat or run for your life.
you made real sense until ur last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 02, 2016
Ogbeche77:
They still look ill-equipped though, no bullet proof vest & battle helmet in the battle front..even with all the noise we have heard from this administration.. Na wa ooo
Where is the air support? No drone surveillance, insurgency group can't be defeated like this in the 21st century, when ll our pot-bellied army generals realize this..

Air support for a group of 10 BH scouting party? Who is going to use $25000 guided munitions on four people who aren't operating from a fixed position?

You may not know it but Nigeria is only the third country in the world to have kills in open warfare using armed CH4 drones. Nigeria Algeria and Angola also have the most advanced ISR aircraft in Africa.

It's fashionable to knock Nigeria but the NA are doing a great job.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Itulah(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2016
See how these dude are wasting bullets. Are they aware that we are in recession? Huh!!

E don die! E don die!! E don die!!! A sniper would have taken him out with a bullet instead.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Cannonleo:
from Intel I can get this took place in gashika village in bulabin , indeed the troops we're ambushed on both sides but mainly to their west ,where they concentrated fire, most went on recon in an area they assumed to be low threat ,hence the disparity in uniforms.

But I swear a lot needs to be done about firing discipline

Thanks for confirming my analysis. However firing discipline can only be criticised in a better organised counter but what I saw in the video was an emergency and panick response for first time notice of the enemy after which proper maneuvers would be done in the midst of the confusion. I am sure your intel would have also told you that the army also successfully came out of that ambush as the body language of some of them in the video shows the ambush was not much of a threat.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by mecussey(m): 9:05am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:
I dey tell you...it looks like childs play
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by frisky2good(m): 9:06am On Nov 02, 2016
They were practically surrounded.

krattoss:

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by caesaraba(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2016
sensolution10:
I can't biliv apc is nw running a govt of nollywood dey tink a reasonable Nigeria wil biliv dat dis is a battle field or training field.a battle field wia dey were left exposed,most of dem r nt even putin on dia helmet,cn a soldier who suppose 2 be shooting gun at d enemies av time to camera?or wil u tel me dat it waz NTA dat came 2 video in a battle field or itz nairaland.I refused to be deceived IJN amen

If not that your highest level of exposure was NL, you'd know that even the biggest battles of WW2 were filmed. But of course, most of you don't know anything beyond Tonto Dike n co. What we have these days as literate people.... spits.

4 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Cannonleo:
you made real sense until ur last paragraph.

I am sorry about that but some of us lived through it.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Kgdavid(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2016
onyenro:
This bh is just a scam. Imagine the waste of bullets... The soldiers don't even have binoculars to sight the lone gun man.
All they do is assume that the hail of bullets will possibly hit the lone gun man.
Nigeria has along way to go

Who told you it was a lone gunman? Didn't you hear them say "that on done die"? does that not tell you they must be more than one??
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Kgdavid(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2016
namuguibe:
Kudos to our brave soldiers at the battlefield.
I feel for the guys without helmets or vests. I am not going to criticize their (lack of) tactics or proper formations. The facts are that they are using the limited resources available to them and are out there risking their lives in clear and present danger.
Sambisa no be beans oh!

No Nigerian soldier goes to war without a helmet and vest. They may have been caught off guard or may have chosen not to wear theirs at that particular time but they certainly have them!

3 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Balkan(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2016
This is big shame to the military.
So this is how untrained this soldiers are.
Some wearing ordinary canvas.
No helmet no body amour

Shame on Buhari.
How can the military allow this kind of atrocities to the men on the front line.

Everybody is a commander.
I hope this video will not leak to the outside world.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Kgdavid(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:

The way you guys just reference things that you do not know about is astonishing. Sniper out in this terrain where the ground is flat for miles? where would they hide? What vantage point would they have?

Air support for every few pockets of resistance one comes across? Do you know how much it costs to fire just a single rocket from a helicopter? How much it costs each time a fighter jet takes off?

6 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by seaboi06(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2016
God bless those soldiers and protect them,i met a soldier who been posted from sambisa to Ibadan say Government just no one end d shit yet bcuz un dey give money say the armory wey dem army suppose dey use Nahin boko Haram dey use say if dem collect guns from dem boko say Nigeria army & Nigerian police go dey under and dose guns wey boko dey use capable cut person into two
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by TonySpike: 9:33am On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

you are talking about sniper and air support or advancement when the video is too short to credibly access the situation.

No Brigade fights without snipers..if the video did not show one does not mean there wasnt one. Air support could have been enroute but the video wasnt long enough to show that....

Talking about advancement I am sure you can see they are in the middle of a Boko haram sandwich and were shooting in 2 directions so how could they advance when both directions are blocked off.

My professional assessment is that they probably walked into an ambush so were temporarily disorganised which was when the video was being shot but they were doing a good job holding their position.

War fronts is not a video game...its real and scary and you never see the bullet that kills you until it hits you... Stop being condemning analytically..rather pray for them which I am sure you would have been doing if your brother was trapped in that ambush.

#NIGARMYREALMEN
#NOTOKEYBOARDWARRIORS

It is actually an ambush and you are very right. Don't mind some of this people, they think armies can be as sophisticated as they see in movies. They should go and watch "Black Hawk Down" to see what an ambush situation is.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by PaulIdu: 9:37am On Nov 02, 2016
Our troops were actually sitting ducks ..if they try the formation and fire control I saw in that video with a proper well trained enemy they will all be dead ..they were drawing fire from both the north and south..God bless our troops because despite lack of strategy training and gears they keep going somehow

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Kylekent59: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2016
Strikes from both side. They should just retreat immediately or hold position while waiting for air fighters to come to their aids.
Just a boko haram shakarbulla will dismantle that defence. FG need to provide weapons for them. I know if Russians soldiers watch this video they will be surprised.(no full equipment but still holding ground)
Kudos to the army. They did well

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by musa7m(m): 9:51am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:

you no see say dem get attack on both side....advance go wr

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Lokoyen(m): 9:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Ogbeche77:

Why can't you join them and give them all the support they lack? MU.MU american film don finish ur life!

3 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by IPOB123london: 9:52am On Nov 02, 2016
useless men that called themselves soldiers

rather than separating into unit

they are busy wasting ammunition

hey oga park well; clear well ; jump up

i don set naw and all i could hear is this one don die

useless country

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by whiskystan: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2016
KAYD007:
Those soldiers are too left exposed to enemy fire....just a single bokoharam sniper in a vantage position will do a lot of harm to them . angry

From the terrain I guess there is no room ƒøя vantage point. I guess there where either ambushed attacked from both sides but the solider fire power is no superior. Sniper and having the top sniper Gadget no B beans. But the thing lacking was that air support was needed in this to neutralize the attacks.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Spidermon: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

They have comms and no back up walks alongaide the main brigade so do not expect to see a back up with them in the video....They were making the best use of the cover available which is a one sides trench so at least they have cover on one side.

When caught in an ambush the first reaction is to go haywire with bullets as this would also force the enemy to go in deep and protect themselves from ricochets and in that situation you have time to regroup and take adequate formations which is what they were doing if you watch the video well and look down the line from where the video man is...those ones were beginning to take on the defence attack diamond position.

There was gunfire from the enemy but perhaps the enemy were also outgunned and outmanned and lack the profeasional service of a sniper which is a good thing for the NA in this situation.

If you have ever been or seen combat then you would not be saying what you are saying. These are trained professionals who react as deemed fit for the situation. Lets applaud them even when their efforts are little as without their line of defence Boko haram would have engulfed Nigeria as wr know it.

We see what we want to see.
I might see lapses and you might be seeing them like a tier 1 force.
I havent seen combat. I am not a soldier.
If however you are one and you are completely satisfied with what was depicted in that video, then i will keep quiet.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by endoski: 10:00am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:

lack of training and equipments,evidence of a zoo. The only have power when they see armless IPOB members
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by snapshot: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2016
Nollywood,e don die,e don die I no see anybody die.anyway I pitty those soldiers so poorly kitted.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Spidermon: 10:06am On Nov 02, 2016
TonySpike:

It is actually an ambush and you are very right. Don't mind some of this people, they think armies can be as sophisticated as they see in movies. They should go and watch "Black Hawk Down" to see what an ambush situation is.

First you say armies cant be as sophisticated as we see in movies, then you say we should go and watch "Black hawk down"...

So Black hawk down na documentary abi na music video?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple / Mother Killed While Separating Her Sons Who Were Fighting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.