Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,311 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno (1092 Views)

"Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri / Reno Omokri Visits Laodicean Church In Turkey, The One Jesus Wanted To Spit Out / Reno Omokri: Apostle Suleman's New Accuser & Kaduna Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by DAVECENA(m): 5:28am On Nov 02, 2016
Romans 12:2 says “do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed”. When, as a Christ follower, you celebrate Halloween, what do you think you are doing? You are conforming!
Growing up as a child in Africa in the 80s we knew nothing about Halloween, but today Africans want to celebrate Halloween and wear our costumes in our mad rush to conform to anything from America and Europe without caring about its origins.
Halloween is harmless you might say. Really? A day to wear scary costumes designed for the purpose of eliciting fear is harmless?
Hebrews 11:6 says “without faith it is impossible to please God”. The opposite is true-without fear it is impossible to please satan!
Why do you think the first thing angels tell humans when they manifest in their presence is ‘fear not’? You can read it all over Scripture in Luke 2:10, Isaiah 41:10 and Luke 1:30.
Fear is a satanic tool and without fear satan is powerless to harm you. That is the reason why he has promoted this profane celebration called Halloween all over the world.
1 John 4:18 says:
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
In fact, Halloween, just like Christmas, is a successful attempt to Christianize a previously pagan festival known as Samhain. The reasoning behind this passing off of Samhain as Halloween is that as Europe surrendered to Christendom (a completely different phenomenon not to be mistaken for Christianity or Christ follower-ship), it became necessary in the eyes of the various kingdoms of Europe that merged with the Holy Roman Catholic Church to Christianize their pagan holidays and bring about a Catholic (the word just means universal) or acceptable holiday.
Thus Samhain became known as Halloween, the pagan celebration of the Winter Solstice known as Yule (hence the term Yuletide) became Christmas and the celebration of the goddess named Ēostre, became Easter.
In truth, whether called by their original pagan names or their new Christendom names, none of these festivals appear in the Bible (the King James Version translates Passover as Easter in Acts 12:4, but all other translations reject that and left it how the original Greek Scriptures described it-Passover).
Modern day Halloween originated from America and now every Tom, Dick and Harry is into it. Thanksgiving also originated from America. Why aren’t people all over the world participating in Thanksgiving?
Sure, they can say ‘Happy Thanksgiving’ but unlike Halloween, do they go out of their way to perform the rituals of Thanksgiving that require preparing a solemn meal to eat with family as friends and list out all that you are thankful to God about?
Of cause not!
So why the disparity? The disparity lies in this verse from 1 John 5:19:
“We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.”
And to those who would say Thanksgiving is not in the Bible, I would urge them to read and reread Ephesians 5:20 and 1 Thessalonians 5:18:
“Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
My message to Africans is that not everything the West does should be blindly copied hook, line and sinker.
Never make the mistake of thinking that Christianity has more of a Western or European origin than it does an African one.
Before there were Christians in Europe, there were Christians in Africa. The first non Israelite Christian was not Cornelius the centurion. The first non Israelite Christian was the Ethiopian Eunuch of Acts chapter 8.
That man took Christianity back to Ethiopia and their kings and citizens became Christian such that by 613 AD when M uslims fled from the persecution of the ruling Quraysh tribe of Mecca, they went to Ethiopia in Africa and were giving asylum by the Christian King Negus of Ethiopia who cited their belief in Isa (Jesus) as the reason he gave them asylum (Though they believe that Nabi Isa is a Prophet of God not His Son).
So know for certain that Christianity and even Judaism have strong African roots. Not only is Cush (old name for Black Africa) the First Nation mentioned in the Bible (Genesis 2:13) but Moses was married to a Black African woman (Numbers 12:1) whose Father taught Moses much of what he knew (Exodus 18:17-24).
So as Africans, you have a strong and deep history and culture. You do not need Halloween. You have enough within your culture that you can celebrate without alienating yourself from God.
There is nothing polished or classy about celebrating Halloween. If we as Africans like to celebrate then we have New Yam Festivals, Durbars, Harvests and coronations we can celebrate.
I remember as a child, on moon light evenings I would sit with my siblings, cousins and neighbors and an adult would share stories about tortoise and other African tales with us. We no longer do this because we are now ‘polished.’ So, instead of teaching our kids such innocent fun, we teach them to serve satan in the name of Halloween because that is what they do in America!
Omokri is the founder of the Mind of Christ Christian Center in California, author of Shunpiking: No Shortcuts to God and Why Jesus Wept and the host of Transformation with Reno Omokri

source:

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/halloween-africas-mad-rush-conform-reno/
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by INTROVERT(f): 6:06am On Nov 02, 2016
Wow I never knew I shared the same views on Christmas easter and Halloween with reno
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by WaterDrunkard: 6:07am On Nov 02, 2016
I'm yet to see any of these yeyebrities wear any masquerade costume in solidarity to culture and tradition.
They all want to feel among the Americans

1 Like

Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by paschal47(m): 6:24am On Nov 02, 2016
I've never loved the Halloween thing for once. I often do wonder what's so special about Halloween? that stuff is just a waste of time
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by feldido(m): 6:36am On Nov 02, 2016
Someone once said, he knows Christmas, Easter and Birthday celebrations are not biblical but since all Christians are doing it why not?

But the truth is, are they really following Christ as the name Christianity implies or following the world which Christ warns against?

1 John 5:19 says:
“We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.”

Satan controls this wicked system of things and so we should be mindful of what we join or follow as Christians.
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by MakeWeTalk: 6:37am On Nov 02, 2016
THE DEVIL IS CREEPING INTO NIGERIAN LIVES BY COPYING THE WEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp-zcHWHXiY

Should Christians Be Celebrating Halloween?

Looking At Halloween From The Bible's Perspective

Ancient Druids. Many Christians celebrate holidays, such as Halloween, without thinking about their origins or true meaning. It is impossible to separate Halloween from the Druids because they originated the "holiday." For several hundred years before Christ, the Celts inhabited what is now France, Germany, England, Scotland and Ireland. Celtic priests were called Druids. These people were eventually conquered by the Romans. Information about the Celts and Druids comes from Caesar and the Roman historians, Greek writings from about 200 B.C., and very early records found in Ireland. Greek and Roman writings about the Druids dwell heavily on their frequent and barbaric human sacrifices. The ancient Irish texts say little about human sacrifices, but detail the Druids' use of magic to raise storms, lay curses on places, kill by the use of spells, and create magical obstacles.

Druids worshipping the Devil at Stonehenge

Human Sacrifices. Davies, however, a 16th century writer who traced his family lineage directly back to Druid priests who fought against Caesar, clearly describes the human sacrifices of his ancestors and the secret sacrifices still performed regularly by the Druids of his time. By 47 A.D., Rome finally defeated the Druids in Britain and outlawed human sacrifices. The few remaining Druids went underground. Today a growing group of people claiming to be of direct Druid descent, still practice their religion, including human sacrifice. Those in England still perform ceremonies at Stonehenge.

Druids starting bonfires to give homage and worship to their pagan gods. This included the burning of animals and crops to appease thier deities.

November 1st was the Celtic new year. October 31st was celebrated by the Druids with many human sacrifices and a festival honoring their sun god and Samhain, the lord of the dead. They believed that the sinful souls of those who died during the year were in a place of torment, and would be released only if Samhain was pleased with their sacrifices.

Monks Fascinated By Druids. rish records tell of the fascination the Catholic monks had with the powerful Druids, and Druids soon became important members of their monasteries. Pope Gregory the Great decided to incorporate the Druids' holiday into the church. He made the proclamation, "They are no longer to sacrifice beasts to the devil, but they may kill them for food to the praise of God, and give thanks to the giver of all gifts for His bounty." Pope Gregory III moved the church festival of October 31st to November 1st and called it All Hallows or All Saints' Day. Pope Gregory IV decreed that the day was to be a universal church observance. The term Halloween comes from All Hallows Eve.

The founding fathers of America refused to permit the holiday to be observed because they knew it was a pagan holiday. Halloween was not widely celebrated in the U.S. until about 1900. In the 1840's there was a terrible potato famine in Ireland which sent thousands of Catholic Irish to America. They brought Halloween with them. The modern custom of going from door to door asking for food and candy goes back to the time of the Druids. They believed that sinful, lost souls were released upon the earth by Samhain for one night on October 31st while they awaited their judgment. They were thought to throng about the houses of the living and were greeted with banquet-laden tables. People greatly feared these spirits and thought that the spirits would harm and even kill them if the sacrifices they gave did not appease Samhain. They carved demonic faces into pumpkins or large turnips, placing a candle in them to keep the evil spirits away from their homes.

The modern custom of going from door to door asking for food and candy goes back to the time of the Druids. They believed that sinful, lost souls were released upon the earth by Samhain for one night on October 31st while they awaited their judgment. They were thought to throng about the houses of the living and were greeted with banquet-laden tables. People greatly feared these spirits and thought that the spirits would harm and even kill them if the sacrifices they gave did not appease Samhain. They carved demonic faces into pumpkins or large turnips, placing a candle in them to keep the evil spirits away from their homes.

The tradition of bobbing for apples and giving out nuts came from a Roman addition to the Druidic New Year's eve. The Romans worshiped Pomona who was the goddess of the harvest. They combined their harvest festival to Pomona with Halloween. Very little archeological evidence of the Druids has been found, but there is excellent agreement between the Roman and Irish documents. Both clearly state that the knowledge of the Druids was never committed to writing but passed from generation to generation by oral teaching. This was to protect their secrets. In his writings, Davies indicates that he came under much persecution by his family for putting in writing his information about Druids. The same is true today. Nothing is put into writing. The Druids continue on secretly with much the same traditions.

The widespread problem of harmful substances such as razor blades, drugs, poisons, needles, etc. being placed in the Halloween treats here in America is no accident. Testimonies of several ex-Satanists show that these children killed and injured by the "treats" are sacrifices to Satan (or Samhain). Satanists throughout the world continue to perform human sacrifices on Halloween. Is this something you want YOUR child to participate in?"

http://nowtheendbegins.com/pages/holidays/should-christians-celebrate-halloween.htm
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2016
See this Christians. Do you know how many pagan religions are rolled into Christianity. The very fact that you go to church on Sunday rather than Saturday is because of a pagan tradition. The new testament as well as old has traces of numerous pagan religions.
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by LifestyleTonite: 11:18am On Nov 02, 2016
INTROVERT:
Wow I never knew I shared the same views on Christmas easter and Halloween with reno

Any Pastor that allows the celebration of Easter and Christmas in the church is not of the Living God.

This is another clear reason why Enoch Adeboye, Chris Oyakhilome, Sam Adeyemi, Chris Okotie etc are not serving Yahweh. They are all Satan worshipers in disguise; with the mantle to lead people astray. Little wonder why they do t preach salvation anymore but are after money and private jets.

When will our pastors do the things listed in the link below?

https://lifestyletonight..nl/2016/10/abeg-when-will-our-pastors-do-these.html?m=1
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by raphieMontella: 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lennycool:
See this Christians. Do you know how many pagan religions are rolled into Christianity. The very fact that you go to church on Sunday rather than Saturday is because of a pagan tradition. The new testament as well as old has traces of numerous pagan religions.
set by constantine...
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by CoolUsername: 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
The days of the week are also connected to 'Pagan' gods. By observing them are you also conforming to their rites?

Source: http://www.crowl.org/lawrence/time/days.html

Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by GeeBeeWillie(m): 11:20pm On Jun 25, 2020
In Africa is called Dance of hooded egungu while Europ: kasakwanches, USA: Commemoration of deth saint (Haloween, Hallo-event) hard been declared claimed by a professor of witch throu American Forklaws Encyclopedia that "CHRISTIANS DO'NT REALIZED THIS BUT WHEN THEY JOIN US WE LIKE IT, BECAUSE IT BELONG TO US." Gtuism
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
feldido:
Someone once said, he knows Christmas, Easter and Birthday celebrations are not biblical but since all Christians are doing it why not?

But the truth is, are they really following Christ as the name Christianity implies or following the world which Christ warns against?

1 John 5:19 says:

Satan controls this wicked system of things and so we should be mindful of what we join or follow as Christians.
Satan has no control over anything because God is still sovereign.
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
paschal47:
I've never loved the Halloween thing for once. I often do wonder what's so special about Halloween? that stuff is just a waste of time

It is a day where you can wear the most outrageous outfit you can think of and not have people gear or look down at you for it. I love halloween cause i can dress up in a costume of my choosing to work or anywhere and not be thought of as one under the influence.
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by feldido(m): 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Satan has no control over anything because God is still sovereign.
Even after seeing from the Bible that the whole world is under the control of the even one(Satan)?

Have you asked yourself why the devel offered Jesus the whole world if only he worshiped him? Take note Satan said everything has been given to him.
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
feldido:

Even after seeing from the Bible that the whole world is under the control of the even one(Satan)?

Have you asked yourself why the devel offered Jesus the whole world if only he worshiped him? Take note Satan said everything has been given to him.
Did he explicitly state during that conversation with Jesus Christ that it belonged to him, Satan, to begin with? undecided

Or are we assuming that because he offered it, it then in fact belongs to him? undecided
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by feldido(m): 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Did he explicitly state during that conversation with Jesus Christ that it belonged to him, Satan, to begin with? undecided

Or are we assuming that because he offered it, it then in fact belongs to him? undecided

Can you offer what you don't have or what is in your custody?
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
feldido:
Can you offer what you don't have or what is in your custody?
Myself or Satan? You know he is one of the sons of God, right? undecided
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by feldido(m): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Read: Luke 4:6
"And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it"
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by feldido(m): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Myself or Satan? You know he is one of the sons of God, right? undecided

Carefully read Like 4:6 again as highlighted
Re: Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
feldido:

Carefully read Like 4:6 again as highlighted
i read it. So it was given to Him by whom? When?

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help With The Lyrics Of Praise And Worship Songs / My Father Said I Would Regret It If I Dare Marry A Christian - Muslim Lady Cries / Oyakhilom Speaks About Tithe:be Happy To Give God,i Will Tithe My First $100m(vi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.