Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. (5665 Views)

Reverend Sisters Die In Accident In Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Experienced Big Brothers And Sisters, Adivce Is Needed Here Asap Plz. / Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by toshacer: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
In South Africa- the black folks are still the servants and slaves to the white folks- go to shopping malls, you will find the black as attendants, shop keepers, security men, cleaners, sweepers, gardners, etc- go to offices, most office workers are white folks, in the white folks offices, you will find black folks as cleaners and what ever lowly paid job there is. I went to Pretoria, in the shopping mall, we were spening money, dringking cofee and eating where all you will see are the white people, and you can see the expression on the black peoples faces there, serving and wondering, where are these black folks from, eating and drinking and eating where white folk eat and drink, and on the white folks faces, all you can see are looks like what are these people doing amongst us here- who will help our black south african brothers? Apartheid is still real.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by tunnytox(m): 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2009
why weep for SA? i think you should weep for Nigeria instead, do you know how many Nigerians are unemployed? a lot of Nigerians will even be happy to do all these jobs you find degrading for South Africans, the South Africans at least now have their destiny in their own hands they can decide to get educated and acquired skills that will enable them compete with these white folks in the near future but Nigeria is under perpetual siege from the few political elites, if you think deeply you'll agree with me hat you should be weeping for Nigerian instead, that is if you are a Nigerian
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by toshacer: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2009
@Tunnytox

What is the meaning of your reference to Nigeria? Why not start your own topic and make the context such? If you read properly, i didnt say weep for SA, I wrote, weep for the black South African people, in their own country and being taken as a second class citizen, that is my point. Please dont take the topic out of contect due to your mis understanding. At least in Nigeria, noone looks down on you because of your colour, oppresses you because of your colour, this is the point sir.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by morpheus24: 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2009
tosh_acer:

In South Africa- the black folks are still the servants and slaves to the white folks- go to shopping malls, you will find the black as attendants, shop keepers, security men, cleaners, sweepers, gardners, etc- go to offices, most office workers are white folks, in the white folks offices, you will find black folks as cleaners and what ever lowly paid job there is. I went to Pretoria, in the shopping mall, we were spening money, dringking cofee and eating where all you will see are the white people, and you can see the expression on the black peoples faces there, serving and wondering, where are these black folks from, eating and drinking and eating where white folk eat and drink, and on the white folks faces, all you can see are looks like what are these people doing amongst us here- who will help our black south african brothers? Apartheid is still real.

They need to help themselves and by you spending money there and showing them that black folk can spend money too. The lower income/working class will begin to question themselves and awaken from slumber.

It has begun already!!!!!!
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by tunnytox(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2009
tosh_acer:

@Tunnytox

What is the meaning of your reference to Nigeria? Why not start your own topic and make the context such? If you read properly, i didnt say weep for SA, I wrote, weep for the black South African people, in their own country and being taken as a second class citizen, that is my point. Please dont take the topic out of contect due to your mis understanding. At least in Nigeria, noone looks down on you because of your colour, oppresses you because of your colour, this is the point sir.

sorry ooo i didn't know your thread is PRIVATE and probably wouldn't have respond to it and by the way i just don't start a thread i only start a thread if it need be
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by toshacer: 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
what has he said?
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by mrperfect(m): 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
This is sad and something needs to be done about this.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by mzansigirl(f): 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2009
@ tosh acer

I think u only saw what u wanted to see. So u havent been to the banks, and seen blacks as consultants? Gone to hospitals and seen many that are doctors, what about the many that are accountants, engineers, lawyers, marketing profesionals

Your motive in starting this thread is to gather like-minded nairalanders who are just itching for an opportunity to bash black south africa, so stop pretending to care; trust me black SA does not need your pity. angry angry angry angry like someone said, help nigeria first.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by morpheus24: 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2009
mzansigirl:

@ tosh acer

I think u only saw what u wanted to see. So u havent been to the banks, and seen blacks as consultants? Gone to hospitals and seen many that are doctors, what about the many that are accountants, engineers, lawyers, marketing profesionals

Your motive in starting this thread is to gather like-minded nairalanders who are just itching for an opportunity to bash black south africa, so stop pretending to care; trust me black SA does not need your pity. angry angry angry angry like someone said, help nigeria first.

I was waiting for that response.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 12:03am On Oct 29, 2009
tosh_acer:

Why is it that you guys always judge by first impression? There are lots of blacks handling better position in industry and companies in SA. Goto the Municipality, banks or any other goverment offices, you will find large population of the blacks there. Na wa O! Becos white man don see you when you dey drink, you think say you be celebrity be that
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by toshacer: 12:43am On Oct 29, 2009
The truth never hides - what is the percentage of the people you are talking about? I am certain the truth never lies, no matter how much you deny it. Hadexman - you can make a laugh for all you want, but i never implied i am a celebrity, try to learn to read properly. Deny it so so so much but you will realise what i am saying is correct.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2009
tosh_acer:

The truth never hides - what is the percentage of the people you are talking about? I am certain the truth never lies, no matter how much you deny it. Hadexman - you can make a laugh for all you want, but i never implied i am a celebrity, try to learn to read properly. Deny it so so so much but you will realise what i am saying is correct.

I live in SA, not a visitor. I have seen everything, Blacks are everywhere and educated, goto banks, municipality, home affairs, telkom, shopping malls, they handle big position there.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by malaika(f): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2009
mzansigirl:

@ tosh acer

DITTO. Check the number of black graduates from SA universities and technikons, where do these graduates go? they are not in a rush to emigrate to UK or USA, they get absorbed into the system and those are the accountants, doctors, pharmacists and professionals you see. As for shopping malls, I go almost every weekend and everywhere I turn black people are sitting at restaurants, and the look of 'wonder' on the black waiter's faces I can guarantee you had nothing to do with the fact that blacks are eating at a restaurant, search yourself well well grin

Just by the way, what did you think of the white waiters and waitresses serving at restaurants? probably that they are lost or just 'helping out' cry

We're not denying that the results of apartheid are still there, but come on, present a balanced view, don't try to incite another SA bashing session, that's just cheap angry
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 10:43am On Oct 29, 2009
malaika:

DITTO. Check the number of black graduates from SA universities and technikons, where do these graduates go? they are not in a rush to emigrate to UK or USA, they get absorbed into the system and those are the accountants, doctors, pharmacists and professionals you see. As for shopping malls, I go almost every weekend and everywhere I turn black people are sitting at restaurants, and the look of 'wonder' on the black waiter's faces I can guarantee you had nothing to do with the fact that blacks are eating at a restaurant, search yourself well well grin

Just by the way, what did you think of the white waiters and waitresses serving at restaurants? probably that they are lost or just 'helping out' cry

We're not denying that the results of apartheid are still there, but come on, present a balanced view, don't try to incite another SA bashing session, that's just cheap angry

You said it all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by MrCrackles(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2009
tunnytox:

why weep for SA? i think you should weep for Nigeria instead, do you know how many Nigerians are unemployed? a lot of Nigerians will even be happy to do all these jobs you find degrading for South Africans, the South Africans at least now have their destiny in their own hands they can decide to get educated and acquired skills that will enable them compete with these white folks in the near future but Nigeria is under perpetual siege from the few political elites, if you think deeply you'll agree with me hat you should be weeping for Nigerian instead, that is if you are a Nigerian
Wetin concern you?
Let the poster weep for Somalia if he so wishes. . . . grin
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by malaika(f): 11:02am On Oct 29, 2009
::
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2009
I weep for SA for having one of Africas fasted growing black middle class,for having the first black billionaire from Africa on Forbes.I weep for MTN group that have a black MD,and where blacks have majority shareholding.I weep for Telkom,Africas biggest landline telecomunication that is black run and owned.I weep for all the SA universities which are some of the best in the world for having a majority black students.I weep for all the black town/city managers who are mantaining and improving our towns and cities,I weep for all the professionals,black businesses that are doing well all over Africa,Yes I weep for all this archivements in the last 16 years.

Maybe me and the poster will stop weeping when minority whites start living in townships,and being security gaurds,cleaner and ect, ,I think in the posters dream or movie thats how he want this story to end,it could be an interesting nollywood movie,long,pointless and uselss but will surely kill time if you have nothing meaningful to do.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2009
RSA:

I weep for SA for having one of Africas fasted growing black middle class,for having the first black billionaire from Africa on Forbes.I weep for MTN group that have a black MD,and where blacks have majority shareholding.I weep for Telkom,Africas biggest landline telecomunication that is black run and owned.I weep for all the SA universities which are some of the best in the world for having a majority black students.I weep for all the black town/city managers who are mantaining and improving our towns and cities,I weep for all the professionals,black businesses that are doing well all over Africa,Yes I weep for all this archivements in the last 16 years.

Maybe me and the poster will stop weeping when minority whites start living in townships,and being security gaurds,cleaner and ect, ,I think in the posters dream or movie thats how he want this story to end,it could be an interesting nollywood movie,long,pointless and uselss but will surely kill time if you have nothing meaningful to do.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Pls tell him again
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2009
malaika:

Hadexman how's Durbs? haven't been there in ages smiley

Durban is great, I just love this City. Malaika pls contact me to adetutu@telkomsa.net
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2009
hadexman:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Pls tell him again

@Hadxman don't make me give you my little sister oo grin grin grin
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2009
RSA:

@Hadxman don't make me give you my little sister oo grin grin grin

hahahahaha, what's good broda. me i like to meet my people. Please contact me to that email also. May God bless us all.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2009
hadexman:

hahahahaha, what's good broda. me i like to meet my people. Please contact me to that email also. May God bless us all.

grin will do that,I have a small office in Umhlanga Ridge,maybe we might have some drink if I'm in durbs.God bless you too,and grant you all your wishes.You're good man. cool
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by hadexman(m): 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2009
RSA:

grin will do that,I have a small office in Umhlanga Ridge,maybe we might have some drink if I'm in durbs.God bless you too,and grant you all your wishes.You're good man. cool

Oh That's so nice to hear. Thanks and God bless.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by toshacer: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2009
Like i said, the truth never lies. You can deny it for all you want, but the truth is for all to see. Deny it a million times, majority of black South Africans are not in the same class with their white folks, why is the government talking about black empowerment then?

Noone is interested in bashing SA, i care less for that, but when you are trying to deny the fact by being sarcastic, you will get nowhere. Check all the top businesses in SA and come to me to tell us the colour of the people that own them, the management, the workers, but if you want to praise yourself, then keep the truth, wrap it in paper and flush it down your own throat, but it is still there visibly for everyone to see.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by dinggle: 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2009
I dont see any sense in this post. Atleast they have a job even if its cleaning the toilet, you cant be a manager if you didnt go to sch or if u're not ingenious enough to set up ur own company, ZILCH!
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by toshacer: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2009
Dingle

No sence yet you contributed? Why will there be sence in it?
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by AKO1(m): 7:16am On Oct 30, 2009
What stands out for me about SA is not the fact that many blacks are still seriously disadvantaged, that's pretty obvious.

Its that you'll hardly notice any disadvantaged white.

I can remember the first day I saw a non-black beggar, it was like  shocked shocked, "so a white South African can actuallly be poor".

Even though that statement bears traces of an inferiority complex, its the South African reality as I have seen it.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2009
A_K_O:

What stands out for me about SA is not the fact that many blacks are still seriously disadvantaged, that's pretty obvious.

Its that you'll hardly notice any disadvantaged white.

I can remember the first day I saw a non-black beggar, it was like shocked shocked, "so a white South African can actually be poor".

Even though that statement bears traces of an inferiority complex, its the South African reality as I have seen it.

I hear you A K O,same could be said about Zimbabwe,Mozambique,Namibia even Angola.We all know why white South Africans are Africa's richest nation.
One thing you seems to not to understand about SA is,the black government's intentions where/is never about taking the riches from whites,but it was about introducing blacks to this riches.Yes it means it will take time,educations,experience and other factors that will lead to true transformation,when majority blacks reach that stage SA should be first world country.In Brazil majority who are blacks are the poorest,whites dominate.in India the majority are very poor,their economy is control by few elites possibly coming from a certain group of society.

And beside there are poor white people in SA,maybe they don't go to the malls because they can't afford to that is why you won't see them.

http://www.southafricalogue.com/travel-tips/poor-white-problem-back-to-haunt-afrikaaners.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7526158.stm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5jJSjpztmA
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by 14(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2009
RSA:

I hear you A K O,same could be said about Zimbabwe,Mozambique,Namibia even Angola.We all know why white South Africans are Africa's richest nation.
One thing you seems to not to understand about SA is,the black government's intentions where/is never about taking the riches from whites,but it was about introducing blacks to this riches.Yes it means it will take time,educations,experience and other factors that will lead to true transformation,when majority blacks reach that stage SA should be first world country.In Brazil majority who are blacks are the poorest,whites dominate.in India the majority are very poor,their economy is control by few elites possibly coming from a certain group of society.

And beside there are poor white people in SA,maybe they don't go to the malls because they can't afford to that is why you won't see them.

http://www.southafricalogue.com/travel-tips/poor-white-problem-back-to-haunt-afrikaaners.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7526158.stm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5jJSjpztmA

Thanks RSA, i read the article, very informing. I hate it when people just comment on something they are not really sure of. How can you talk about the event in SA while you are living in Nigeria or England. You need to be here to say what ever you are seeing, not a single event. People must get their facts corretly before opening up their mouths.
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
Is the poster still weeping? grin grin
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by paddylo1(m): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2009
Is the poster still weeping?

RSA with all your sarcasm,u and i know deep down there is something wrong,apartheid not only did a physical job on south african blacks,it also did a mental con job on them,u talking of black billionaire like that is the issue,well in Nigeria we have 2 official ones and many underground ones ask ibb,abacha and their cronies,but i would never boast about that cause that doesnt really affect the masses much
hopefully the black people there will get more confidence in the coming generation or 2,thats why apart from Nigeria,the only country in the world i can live in is the US,at least over here even though there are poor blacks,most black ppl here could care less about a white man and white ppl are mostly scared of them,
in SA blacks are still scared of whites,its a damn shame,and dont tell me i dont know what am talking about cause i do have young friends from SA
in clubs they complain that white girls dont look at them,while over here white girls are the ones chasing black bois
the point is everyone knows the power structure over there,thats why its like that, shame
Re: I Weep For My Black South African Brothers And Sisters. by RSA(m): 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2009
paddy_lo:

RSA with all your sarcasm,u and i know deep down there is something wrong,apartheid not only did a physical job on south african blacks,it also did a mental con job on them,u talking of black billionaire like that is the issue,well in Nigeria we have 2 official ones and many underground ones ask ibb,abacha and their cronies,but i would never boast about that cause that doesnt really affect the masses much
hopefully the black people there will get more confidence in the coming generation or 2,thats why apart from Nigeria,the only country in the world i can live in is the US,at least over here even though there are poor blacks,most black ppl here could care less about a white man and white ppl are mostly scared of them,
in SA blacks are still scared of whites,its a damn shame,and dont tell me i dont know what am talking about cause i do have young friends from SA
in clubs they complain that white girls dont look at them,while over here white girls are the ones chasing black bois
the point is everyone knows the power structure over there,thats why its like that, shame

What if your friends are damn too ugly?or they're just plain broke? or they look stupid? Have you asked yourself those questionS?.

I.m sorry that you took all your time to write nothing,yes nothing, because you're not saying anything.Are you saying Black South Africans are scared of whites?,thats a joke,if you where intelligent enough I was going to say it's just a perception.And being a Nigerian you know what perception could do,which people are percived to be corrupt,fraudsters,drugdealers,religious fanatics/extremist,kidnappers?
Now if I am going to stand here and say  Nigerians  are all that you'll probably think I am an idiot who just generalised,wont you?

Please don't tell me you can only live in America,because we all know that Nigerians are even in Afghgans selling secondhand clothes grin(sori Hadexman)
I will borrow this line from Robert Mugabe and say 'Leave South Africa for South Africans,worry about your Nigeria and I will worry about my South Africa' grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Years On Since The #sosoliso Plane Crash 2005. / What Are The Requirements To Travel By Local Flight From Portharcourt To Abuja) / Passport Impersonation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.