Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? (831 Views)

It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says / Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? / Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? by kingcomet(m): 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
I went to a hospital last week and beheld people with illnesses that you will not wish for your foes. I heard that some of them have been there for years and their condition is getting worse. As I was discussing with a nurse, a loud cry was heard, the person crying said that she wanted to die so that her pains would go away. She asked God to take her life, then she asked the doctor to take her life since God won't do it.

I then asked the nurse if it was possible for the doctor to do her bidding, she replied 'no' that they do not help people die in their hospital.

The term ‘Euthanasia’ also called “mercy killing” or assisted suicide is defined as the act or practice of killing someone who is very sick or injured in order to prevent any more suffering.

My fellow nairalanders, is this act necessary?

Should it be legalized so as to help those in severe pain?

Is Euthanasia an act of sin if carried out though it was the request of the patient?
Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? by ring7(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
Yes,there was a wealthy lady going true pain in her medical bed,the family and lady persuade the doctor to apply the mercy killing,The doctor oblige ,he injected the ♀ wetin 10mins the woman gained her strength....
Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Beamborla(f): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
I've pondered over this a couple of times myself.

I remember I was once sick and in so much pains I started praying to God to please kill me not realizing my mother was just by my bed...her 'what did you say' brought me back to reality and I was lucky she never made out what I was muttering. Ask me what I was suffering from, Migraine + fever.

As for me, I think it should be legalized. How can it be legalized without being abused is where the challenge lies.

I mean some people are actually sentenced to life imprisonment in their own body; life of pains. Most times, families run bankrupt treating a sickness or condition they know that chances of survival is next to non existent. Then what becomes the future of every other person in such family.

What about the physical and emotional trauma the invalid and his or her family experience during the period of the sickness. Some people don't recover from such trauma.
Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? by freeradical(m): 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Thou shall nt kill
Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? by kingcomet(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
ring7:
Yes,there was a wealthy lady going true pain in her medical bed,the family and lady persuade the doctor to apply the mercy killing,The doctor oblige ,he injected the ♀ wetin 10mins the woman gained her strength....

hmm she died abi she gained strength
hehe
Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? by ring7(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
kingcomet:

hmm she died abi she gained strength
hehe
She regained her strength and was back to life,that was a big thanksgiving celebration.
Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? by haggai247: 3:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
it would be abused here in Nigeria
Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? by kingcomet(m): 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
ring7:

She regained her strength and was back to life,there was a big thanksgiving celebration.
wow

(1) (Reply)

6 Deadly Effect Of Over Thinking / After Reading This You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water Again / Help!!! I'm Hooked On Tramadol!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.