Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

There Are Over A 100 Uncontacted Tribes Around The World Living In Isolation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / There Are Over A 100 Uncontacted Tribes Around The World Living In Isolation (676 Views)

We Are In The Wicked World living with the wicked one, becarefull / "Cows Are Historic More Than Some Tribes In Nigeria" - Fulani Man Says. Photos / The Uncontacted Tribes Of The Lower Omo Valley Of South Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Over A 100 Uncontacted Tribes Around The World Living In Isolation by jornie(m): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
OK.. I was reading on Taxonomy and happen to find that there are still people (humans) living in total isolation and have no significant contact with global civilization yet.They have being estimated to be over a hundred such tribes particularly in South America, Central Africa and New guinea. What baffles me the most is that a lot of them have voluntarily and violently rejected contact with other peoples.Examples are the jawara and sentinelese peoples of the Andaman island in India, who have even killed people that were sent to contact them and once attacked a National Geographic film crew . They typically still live the hunter gather life and don't know our kind of society exist.Indigenous rights activists however,call for such peoples/tribes to be left alone, insisting it will interfere with their right to self determination...
So I'm here asking myself "what a life?".. Like for how long will it be like this until they are civilized.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples#
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24090-how-many-uncontacted-tribes-are-left-in-the-world/

Re: There Are Over A 100 Uncontacted Tribes Around The World Living In Isolation by baddo11(m): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
tell us more
Re: There Are Over A 100 Uncontacted Tribes Around The World Living In Isolation by oglalasioux(m): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
They are part of the descendants of Adam.

Those who believe the bible bogus tale of creation should come and explain this. Most of them who have died without knowing the fictitious Jesus will surely burn in hell.
Re: There Are Over A 100 Uncontacted Tribes Around The World Living In Isolation by jornie(m): 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
C

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MMM Emergency Alert! / Cha Cha Eke Faani Looks Absolutely Distasteful In These Photos- Kemi Omololu Olu / See What Governor Udom Emmanuel Is Doing In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.