Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency (27626 Views)

Senator Mustapha Sani Mohammed Commissions Electric Pole In His Constituency / Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Out CCTV Cameras To Surulere Constituents (Photos) / Lawmakers Break Their Fast At Femi Gbajabiamila House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by ralphsoo(m): 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
Why empower people with motorcycles and later ban it?

3 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Judolisco(m): 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
Nice man....dem for Don pick dis man as leader self

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by akanji1: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
TWALE

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by erons20ddon(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
Now this is what hon jibrin talked about...dis is just to deceive some persns not me...i'm sure the money allocated to his constituency ws a huge amount of money..jst a HOAX!!

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Oceemo(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
Those who are saying its nothing are just been jealous what abt the ones who refuse 2 do at all.

As for me this time he tried the items look commendable it will help a lot of peeps.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Macoy86(m): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
Nice one
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Lucy001(f): 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
Politicians stealing our monies cry cry he will go to Abuja and collect billions of naira, only to come down to Lagos and donate keke marwa, grinding machine, sawing machine grin etc

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Worksunlimited: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
jonhemma11:
Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila on Oct 31 empowered members of his constituency with various tools.Present at the event were former Senate Minority Whip, Sen. Ganiyu  Solomon, Lagos Central Senatorial Leader, Prince Tajudeen Olusi, Hon. Desmond Elliot,House of Reps. Member, Rotimi Agunsoye,Vice Chairman, Lagos APC, James Odumbaku, State Secretary, Lagos APC, Hakeem Bamgbala, and others.The 2016 Grassroot Empowerment Ceremony organised by the House Leader for his constituents was held in Surulere, Lagos.

Amongst the tools he presented to them are mechanical fault detection scanner to representatives of Akerele Mechanic Village, Surulere,Keke,grinding machines,see machines,motorcycles and others.

See photos above

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/femi-gbajabiamila-supports-constituents.html

This people lack ideas...

A better idea would have been to buy large hectares of land, to be used specifically for mechanized farming... Train the people on how to go around this with different crops.. Arrange for coaster buses to carry them from their constituencies to the farm land everyday.. Arrange for proper worker welfare and remuneration packages with an option of owning their own lands at subsidised rates..

Now the above is a progressive idea.. Not some backward innovation that only shows how self centered they are...

6 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by FakoMaybach1: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
That is Nigerian politicians for you, they send their children to the best schools abroad, steal our collective wealth, pad the budget, then buy the youth keke, okada and grinding machines ...the viscous cycle of poverty continues while their sons and daughters become iya-oloja (or whatever the title is)

Whatever happened to education as a tool for empowerment?, whatever happened to encouraging skill and technological advancement?, what skill does one need to ride keke, okada or grind Atarodo?

i dey vex seriously here; wish i were a terrorist i for blow up those things..if i heard he is sponsoring a medical research that will catapult his constituency to be the first producer of antibiotics in Nigeria: walahi i for dance like mumu..why shud i celebrate keke and okada

P.s okada has been barred from entering many estates, lagos state govt keeps banning them from plying many roads, the police use them as their meal ticket, so the question is "did that man really empower anyone?" or he is just fueling the cycle of poverty

WHO GBAJABIAMILA EPP?

3 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Miles300: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
ba7man:
Nigerian politicians need to upgrade.

There are smarter ways of empowering the grassroot...... at this rate, we'll end up with a nation of pepper grinders and keel marwa drivers.
just wat am thinking, no hatin, even add his poster , they even add politics wen empowering !! Ur works should speak for u .. All this ones na eye service . All the same good for the people tho

2 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
quite impressive though
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by persius555(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
Nonsense. How is this empowerment. Anybody can acquire these equipments with a monthly salary. This is really backward reasoning in the 21st century.
Nigeria politicians are really dumb and lack creativity but nigerians continue to make these scammers look smart. I can assure that 70% of the distributed equipments will end up in the open market.

Again, errant nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by mikolo80: 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
ba7man:

There are smarter ways of empowering the grassroot...... at this rate, we'll end up with a nation of pepper grinders and keel marwa drivers.
tractors, cottage factories instead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by mikolo80: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
holatin:
he try small though na we we dem go use share RAM
Wetin you you. Why una no go party meeting make dem share for you?
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by adedayoa2(f): 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
ba7man:

a beg tell me another way of empowering GRASSROOT again
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by mikolo80: 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
shaddoww:
If u don't do days as a lawmaker, den no reelection for u. It's why I don't agree that there shouldn't be constituency project, cos d people dat voted won't count d numbers of bills u sponsored as achievement, dis is wat count
who bill epp
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Xtopher123(m): 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
First I'll commend his effort for doing the same thing we know politicians to do.. Name Branding.

But then this is not empowerment..

I see Generators, instead of you to fight for steady power supply in this Constituency you choose to buy them Gasoline Generators, Youre degrading the Environment, Encouraging them to depend on Generator for electricity supply..

I see Keke Napep, Where are the roads these Tricycles would run on?

I see Refrigerators, To power these refrigerators with what energy/electricity.. Spending extra money on Fuel to power these appliances

I see Grinding Machine, Where are the designated Markets where these equipment should be used..

If these basic things are put in place, do you think these people wont be able to buy these equipment? Lets stop doing things the old way.. Bet me in another 2 years by the time these people run out of money to power these Generators and Money to service their Keke cos of bad road, he'll be back to empower them again...
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by holatin(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:
Wetin you you. Why una no go party meeting make dem share for you?
nt a card carrying member
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by mikolo80: 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
holatin:
nt a card carrying member
what's stopping you?
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by chiefolododo(m): 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
Femi ma ri owo koje
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by jamace(m): 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Dividends of budget padding.

I will not appreciate this effort because he stole from the people and gave back to the people for selfish reasons.

Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams!

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by miqos02(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
ba7man:

true talk, simply enriching chinese and indians

2 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Lescott7(m): 5:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
This is what lack of political education led us to, our lawmakers both Senate and House of reps are not primarily saddled with the responsibility of distributing motorcycles,grinders etc but to sponsor bills that will have impact on the lives of their constituents. Hon. Femi is not to be blamed likewise other lawmakers because, this empowerment is the yardstick most electorates used in voting for candidates forgetting their main assignment of total representation and sponsoring of bills that would make life easy for them.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Julx(f): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Just wish Mr Common sense can do something similar for his constituency.... I think that will make better sense...... #just saying#
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by chukxie(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
This is funny! Really funny! Twale for 9ja politicians!

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by tiwiex(m): 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
yetobe:
wow...this is really something

I think we forget that he was fingered as a recipient of N1 billion naira as his share of legislative loot. So he has spent N100m of it and we are clapping. Issorai.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by holatin(m): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:
what's stopping you?
my signature
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by slimfit1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
You would think and educated person like him would have something better to offer. If it was a northern legislator I won't bother but an educated man like Femi is a big shame sha.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by murmee: 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
ralphsoo:
Why empower people with motorcycles and later ban it?
One would expect someone like Gbajabiamila to know that it is because of Kekes and Okadas that Nigerian youths that cannot further their education in higher institutions have refused to learn skills. The older motor mechanics, plumbers, electricians etc don't have apprentices again.
Very soon these ageing artisans will have no one to replace them. Our politicians should please stop distributing Okadas which cause untimely death to both drivers and passengers. The kekes and Okadas are also making life unsafe on our roads especially at night. Nigerian youths should be encouraged to learn skills or do farming.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Keke, Motorcycles To Members Of His Constituency by Icemany: 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
Femi Gbajabia whatever.
I no blame u....
Na pepper grinding machine u dey give human being.
Na dat pepper machine dem go use pay house rent..
Pay school fees etc?
Politicians love enslaving the electorate...
Kwantinu!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-at-home: Total Failure In Ebonyi / Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed / I'm So Proud Of You - Dolapo, Osinbajo's Wife Hails Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.