Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages (41859 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / Airtel Customer Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Sanchez01: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Please, someone should help me out here...I thought we are not allowed to sue these network providers in Nigeria?
grin grin grin grin grin
I think Nigerians are becoming wiser. If it was before, the man would have probably complained to the NCC who would in turn sue Airtel and pocket the money without giving the man a dime. This is actually a step in the right direction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Damfostopper(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
Prinxxdave:
Goldberg's boring Berg...................... Brock go kill am
well let's see
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Pylony(m): 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
Chaii i'll also sue some body jare grin
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Howyeh(f): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
RoyalMail:
MTN Loading...

Read more here..

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/11/court-awards-n5million-to-customer-who.html
pls oooo...we dont av much @ d moment o...lol
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Burger01(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
I just can't wait to sue mtn 50m. They will also deduct 50 naira without my consent on one yeye unsolicited caller tone. Let them try it again this time angry

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Prinxxdave: 5:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
Damfostopper:
well let's see
we shall see
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by MrObontami(m): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
adasexy01:
MTNN OOO shocked shocked shocked shocked am coming

meanwhile
Kenya girls are doing raw in the club
again shocked shocked shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkL3rsbYpPo
Mynd44
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by adorable29(f): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Airtel is so annoying. Even after removing the Airtel sim from the phone, the unsolicited messages still wouldn't stop coming. How do they send msgs to a phone that no longer has Airtel sim in it. Witchcraft.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
DWJOBScom:
sacking my lawyer and appointing his lawyer as my lawyer .
I am suing them all
gringrin
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by oake(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=RoyalMail post=50710290]Justice Jude Okeke of an FCT High Court in Maitama, Abuja on Wednesday, slammed a fine of N5 million on Airtel Nig. Ltd for violation of customer’s right to privacy.

“The defendant who was afforded the opportunity failed to file statement of defence contradicting the plaintiff’s statement of claim or fails to lead evidence in challenge to the claims; it means he had admitted the facts.

Airtel is GUILTY

“The plaintiff having purchase the defendant telephone number a contractual relationship is satisfied, the defendant is in violation of the right to the plaintiff privacy.

“The defendant, having received complaints from the plaintiff, but continued to disturb the plaintiff from quiet enjoyment of the line.

In every wrong there must be a remedy, to vindicate the plaintiff’s right which has been violated in the forth going circumstance by the defendant; the plaintiff shall be awarded damages based on the discretion of the court.

“Against this background putting into consideration the obvious inconviencies, discomfort and the embarrassments the plaintiff had undeniably gone through.

“The defendant has been directed to pay to the plaintiff damages not the N200 million the plaintiff asked for but N5 million only."

Nice one! I hope other networks learn from this. Nigerians will soon begin to enforce their rights.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by kinibigdeal(m): 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
MTN that almost killed me when i was expecting my salary alert. Here i come MTN, 10billion Naira law suite for playing with emotions

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by lereinter(m): 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
who will help me sue airtel
they not only send me unsolicited text they also give me unsolicited calls, me and the lawyer will share it 70-30
70 for the lawyer

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by larry0jay(m): 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lol.......no wonder I stopped receiving messages from them lately
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by elopee3000(m): 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
alanposh:

alanposh on the beat again..

5m uwa mmebi.. Onyinye ekwensu..
ndi ara ofe mmanu nesiaram anya ma ban ebea..
egbe eluigwe g agbawu onye nweee site a ga eyi pencil mouth trouser were bia.

o feel Na uwa Buh Nke ya...

Na aka nke ozoo,obi adirom mma nno otu club ana akpo man shitty siri wey raaaa m Na abali unyahu Na ejiro ute.. asim ka nwa amadi ana akpo Enrique ka opua aaaa..

Na aka Nke ozoooo kwa.... enweghi aka olu emego ndi mmadu were obi haa nye mmm,Buh only BT one day,ikpuuu ga asara onye raraaaa ya....

Na aka nke ozoo,nyerenu m aka gwaaaa onye isi ala unu ka oga lele ule waec were nyere ministry ya aka maka Na itiiiboribo bu oyaaaaa..

oburu Na imaghi ASUU Igbo or I bu onye ipob or iPhone,biko,don't quote me to avoid mpiawazu
nwanne igbu gom ochi atogbugom ebem mu no na ulo olu anyi na vienna
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Irishrena1(f): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
This is a welcome development
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by drololaaof: 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
This is a land Mark judgement that will safe us from unnecessary unsolicited messages & deductions for what we did not requested for,flash msgs inclusive .Bravo to the Judiciary on this singular action ,The Executive actions on sanitizing the society has started to pay now.PHCN should have the same dose of action especially BEDC Where madam will not listen to consumers
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by neocortex: 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
DNA9:
Nigerian judiciary jst looking 4 a way to create relevance bk again.. we all knw dis won't happen if der was no DSS / Judges saga.. Movie niggas
SMH
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by YhungPablo(m): 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bleep the guy! he didn't sue the Right network, Where's mtn wet go tell me to download one foolish song by one foolish artist for 50# per day?

I go sue mtn tayad, for deductimh my money on newly registered sim ...without dialing any code
.. and so on
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by rukess: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
all the network go pay tire o, because people go over sue them o
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by samsam2019: 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
Who else has noticed that Airtel no longer disturb us with calls?

It couldbe because of this guy ooo

Truly now I know not all heroes wear capes
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
wow lemme go and sue hemteehen
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by mKc9ET(m): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
Call me a billionaire from today because my own na call mtn de take gimme wahala for years.

Maga don pay.....
Hahahahahahaha
Abeg how much dem de sell Mercedes G-waggon and duplex for lekki.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
Wow! I'll surely change car this year be dat o!...i'll switch from car to jeep after sueing empty hen!...lol!
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Bestchisom(m): 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
i plan on sue-ing zenith bank cos dey r disturbing me to buy airtime frm dem

i will b rich

lols ;Di plan on sue-ing zenith bank cos dey r disturbing me to buy airtime frm dem

i will b rich

lols
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by permanentgrace(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
BarakOkenny:
Omo, I been dey dull myself since o..

O boy, u ugly body die. U really need dat 5milla jumbo package
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by moneyMouthed: 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2016
Omo mehn! My Dad don hammer be that o. He gets unwanted and unsolicited text messages from MTN like on a per minute thing.

Infact, right now, he always has an envelope symbol on his phone cos you rarely delete a text than another enters.

The last time I embarked on a deletion duty, I counted close to 200 text messages that I deleted. That same evening, we had close to 9 messages again.

I guess God go pick our call in this recession cos MTN seems to be unable to disable the messages from their Customer Care Office.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by wristbangle: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
adorable29:
Airtel is so annoying. Even after removing the Airtel sim from the phone, the unsolicited messages still wouldn't stop coming. How do they send msgs to a phone that no longer has Airtel sim in it. Witchcraft.

The level of this witchcraft don pass national level.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Gemc3(f): 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
Stupidd fooolish Airtel. That is how they kept stealing from me some months ago and last year and turned around to say I was the cause. If I had money walahi me sef I would have hired an attorney too. 5 million is good money especially in this recession. All these network service providers should also go and train all thier staff again. They need it.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Rajosh(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
I have mtn and airtel. I will buy glo and etisalat, save their messages and sue all four of them.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Eagle360(m): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
instead of borrowing Buhari should invest recovery loot into Mmm to earn 30% bonus.
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by onionsoup(f): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
alanposh:

alanposh on the beat again..

5m uwa mmebi.. Onyinye ekwensu..
ndi ara ofe mmanu nesiaram anya ma ban ebea..
egbe eluigwe g agbawu onye nweee site a ga eyi pencil mouth trouser were bia.

o feel Na uwa Buh Nke ya...

Na aka nke ozoo,obi adirom mma nno otu club ana akpo man shitty siri wey raaaa m Na abali unyahu Na ejiro ute.. asim ka nwa amadi ana akpo Enrique ka opua aaaa..

Na aka Nke ozoooo kwa.... enweghi aka olu emego ndi mmadu were obi haa nye mmm,Buh only BT one day,ikpuuu ga asara onye raraaaa ya....

Na aka nke ozoo,nyerenu m aka gwaaaa onye isi ala unu ka oga lele ule waec were nyere ministry ya aka maka Na itiiiboribo bu oyaaaaa..

oburu Na imaghi ASUU Igbo or I bu onye ipob or iPhone,biko,don't quote me to avoid mpiawazu

Them do u sontin? C'mon interpreted that your native grammar. If them say com be tisha na, u go dorj. grin
Re: Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
elopee3000:
nwanne igbu gom ochi atogbugom ebem mu no na ulo olu anyi na vienna

nwanne. nke unu Nile Na a form obodo oyibo

onye ka obodo oyibo nyere aka

Na aka nke ozoooo,onye ofe mmanu nweee ebea ga anwu onwu ike yaaa Na ndi otu ya..

onye ka ban nyere aka

Na aka nke ozooo,IGA alubanyem kam soro GI Na aru oru GI oburugodu ego ntachi ulcer ka haaaa Na akwu,ka Na a manage maka ndum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC / Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) / 14 Images You’ll Relate To If You’ve Ever Been To Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.