Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify (56153 Views)

I Don’t Know Why Guys Are Scared To Talk To Me, Am Still Single- Lady Cry Out / My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo / My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by importexpert(m): 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
The fact that guys are usually afraid to commit are due to several reasons. Women always want to know why guys are reluctant to commit to a long term relationship or to marriage. These reasons listed below will give you an idea as to why they have fears of tying the knot!

1. He does not want to lose his identity

If you are the pushy and demanding type then he could be afraid that once he commits to you, he will slowly but surely change into the type of person you want him to be. He is afraid of losing his own identity and changing into a lapdog who has to do everything to please you. This could prove very scary for a guy and therefore he is reluctant to make any sort of commitment.

2. He is confused as to what your feelings are for him

If you have not really been forthright and clear about your feelings towards him, then he will be cautious about making a commitment to you. The smallest doubt about you and your feelings will make him reluctant to take a step towards commitment. Only when he knows for sure that you reciprocate his feelings will he turn bold and take the initiative!

3. He hates the thought of being tied down

Most men have a morbid fear of being tied down to one woman all their life! These men are the types that want to enjoy dating different women before they make up their mind. They are generally those who are concentrating on just having a good time instead of being serious and thinking of the future. i know many Nairalanders in this category but i will allow seun and other audience to list the "soup testers" grin grin grin grin

4. He is not sure that you are the right woman for him

There could be a hundred reasons why he has certain doubts as to whether you are the ideal woman for him. He will never make a commitment unless and until he is convinced in his heart that you are the right one for him. Even though he has been dating you all this while, he could feel that there is something missing in the relationship and hence is not ready for commitment.

5. He is terrified of the financial responsibility involved

The very fact that commitment means a whole lot of new responsibilities make men nervous and reluctant to take a step in that direction. In case he is not really financially secure and feels that he will not be able to provide for his wife and family in the near future, he will not be able to commit.

6. He thinks that you have too high expectations

There is no way he is going to commit if you have been setting the standards too high or been having too many high expectations where he is concerned. See if you are the type of woman who has been very demanding, critical and a stickler for perfection in every thing. He is obviously scared of falling short!

7. He is unsure and insecure

If the guy is aware of his faults, failures and shortcomings, then he could become insecure and afraid of facing the future. He will naturally become less confident of being a success and making the relationship ideal. This insecurity will prove to be a huge blockage where commitment is concerned.

8. Add yours

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
Too young wink , don't want to break their hearts

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by browndegreat: 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
Real matters
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Apus: 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by falconey(m): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
I am Innocent!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 02, 2016
so on point dude
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by kinggogo: 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
Dey r afraid of not tasting oda soups grin grin

10 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Warhawk(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
thah no1 .....
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by ojun50(m): 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
We want to receive has many channels has dstv

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by dollyjoy(f): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
kinggogo:
Actually, Marriage does not prevent men from cheating.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by FreeSpirited: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
Its simply because they have no complete confidence and trust in your character....It doesn't take ages for a man to notice a woman of good character and virtue...and no man will want to leave such woman.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by NevetsIbot(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
okies
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by kinggogo: 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
Says who, sm men r very much scared of cheating wen married

Mk dem try cheat na, mk i knw whether dem go c their children again. Amongst oda reasons oo

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by importexpert(m): 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
cc: Onyezaza(f), Mayor21(m), joeyztime(m), Jojodivine(f), jiksman3, ceaser, oolooree49(m), bigblangston, yetty247(f), Milo96(m), Manager264, dryyansh1(m), kenosky, luckyikhide(m), Osama10(m), freemanbubble, ashas50, blexyz1, queenKandie, soulminister(m), Graceisall(m), purpulrain, donwilly3, sholatech(m), Oluaso, spice123(m), ogbonge, elvisimeh(m), Omuka, Trizyd(m), krinniebouqui(f), opey1(f), skimmy005, Gladiator1, cindybabs(f), Jarizod, fiddzy(m), BEENUEL, AgbaNgohile(f), apeiron24(m), Bwoodlt, davidif(m), LEX4352(m), SoPappyjay(m), d4guy, drjaymill(m), Smallville10(m), lola024(f), Ichel, Tiny23, luminouz(m), yajoe(m), house213, KINGPINE, hismond(m), Bekwarra(m), Zizaboni(m), trublood(m), Scholarnwadimma(f), ev4real(m), dumblover, Alove1(m), DRISKLEF(m), WHIZKIDEFE(m), Lilymax(f), ablejoe(m), Ironi, jopretty(f), Akanbi04(m), rosieluv(f), Johnsown1(m), 2Brains1(m), Ereholuwa, Howmon, thowbie7ven(m), OLAFIMIX, EmmySparky(m), kkkossy(m), elkon(m), goldenceo1(m), Certitude, wazklin, ssaengine, ajoyeleke(m), Apus, Adeinfo, Kasich(m), Spaxon(f), Mariokenny, longjohnsilver, fullstreets, nezer83, ferviddesmond(m), Ucheraymond(m), makelove2m(m), CeeJay9ja(m), PoisonedOne, jumissy, Shamp, ccqueen(f), MrRomantic(m), Rickywowoz, fluxbush(f), vikaosi, Jamesmatic(m), josuasplinter, janengozi(f), DirtyGold, gabazin080(m), Ladyo142, OSELAWAMEN, CplusJason(m), bulldogpuppy(m), olanrewaju029(m), AdiscoPele, macb(m), sikBaba, cashcity, Riddeek, Cetezin, MsFaith(f), seedorfy134(m), JIXZ, SeeUrLife(m), adioolayi(m), dimeman, Basildvalour(m), u21day(m), ekins71, daviesmania(m), peetayo, DSTTOOLZGUY(m), itzmejerry, Easyjay, Utchgirl(f), owoblow99, Johnsonifeoluwa(m), sinaj(f), Kemicares(f), dimexy247(m), LadyAnn(f), omigyman, eniafelamo, freddaboh(m), Jozay(m), konfused, aaronson(m), twin7(m), iWise, falconey, promzyphyno(m), konkonbilo(m), RICHIEBOI1(m), ableguy(m), buffalowings4, mylifeisagift(m), GlorifiedTunde(m), jagadab, bigybanty02(m), alexistaiwo, ladypearl45(f), johnstar(m), importexpert(m), engrrichie92(m), Theyveedo(m), Mujtahida, kola23, yinkus204(m), mrgaga, judeefcc(m), winkmart, phetty(m), teepsee(m), mrMeen(m), Oloriode, sirwittee(m), tdayof(m), opy002(m), okenne, opaniyi12(m), olymurphy(f), kmayor, OlaBa, Omoobatogud(m)

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by importexpert(m): 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
judeefcc:
Too young wink , don't want to break their hearts

if you are too young why not stay off them cheesy?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by importexpert(m): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
JIXZ:
so on point dude

thanks. add yours
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by importexpert(m): 8:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
kinggogo:

just say you are afraid and stop using "they are" grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by importexpert(m): 8:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
Warhawk:
thah no1 .....

what happen to number 1? or are u guilty of it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by importexpert(m): 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
ojun50:
We want to receive has many channels has dstv

God is watching u. kwantinue cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by kinggogo: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ain't married
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Warhawk(m): 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
importexpert:

what happen to number 1? or are u guilty of it cheesy cheesy cheesy
smhw... I detest people changing me!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by teepsee(f): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
cool op you just so on point.

Men love varieties tongue, being free not being tied down
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Ereholuwa: 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
Because he is not is real man yet.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by BEENUEL(m): 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
[size=13pt]Too complicated, Female folks can be confusing..You form badboy she complains, you show how good you are she sees you somehow....the only woman I understand is my Mum..No offence, my sisters are complicated too. But they are Sweet and Great creatures- I mean the Female folks wink[/size]

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
Commitment? What's a commitment? Op please explain, I've never come across that word before, it seems very strange to me smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by danbrowndmf(m): 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
ICQuinn:
Commitment? What's a commitment? Op please explain, I've never come across that word before, it seems very strange to me smiley
madam check your mail.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by afanide: 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
dem never chop girls beleful.....
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by DozieInc(m): 12:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Op all your points are valid

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 03, 2016
There's nothing in my mail smiley
danbrowndmf:
madam check your mail.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by akinmusi(m): 6:08am On Nov 03, 2016
No 6, ehn. Hmmmm. Guys should think ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Guts No Glory (upload Ur Pretty Faces Without Makeup) / Ladies: Have You Played Hard To Get And Later Regretted It? / Major Martins Dies After Taking Sex Enhancement Drug. Lover Detained For 16 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.