Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:34 PM

Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) (51678 Views)

Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / Is Ugu Farming This Useless? / Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 8:15am On Feb 10, 2017
Good morning compatriots and fellow farmers.....I'm an admin of three whatsapp group since last year and I can no less agree with your position on such social platform....indeed it has its merits but most often times does not really address the specifics....some Adkins created whatsapp for their selfish intentions, some whatsapp members joined for their selfish intentions.......it takes God and a sincere, passionate and committed agropreneur admin to manage such platforms....
In addressing some of such limitations.....my network though not specifically for ugu will support every move to see your idea comes through....we are over 50 registered members across Nigeria......should we be able to get it right in consolidating our efforts....it may history in the making.......
Below are few pics of ugu farns visited yesterday for survey and data collection......
God bless Nigeria Agriculturist/Farmers....
Ejulafarm:
You are so right on point. But about passion and implementation, I believe we don't need crowd of people to actualize it. Doing the course of running this thread, I have come across people with like passion as yourself and I. What we just have to do is create an enabling platform to help us achieve our goals.

I intentionally did not want to create a whatsapp group. I have seen some loops in using such medium as some are just there to feed on their knowledge bank without contributing an iota of input to the group. It takes a lot drive for one to follow a nairaland thread and POST.

Believe me, I have related to persons and there's enough drive to achieve Ugu Farmers Association (UFA). We can't start letting all the geese out of the bags yet. The password to any info for UFA is PASSION and COMMITMENT.

Try discussing on both threads, so we can fish out the genuine ones. I believe the present youths in the country are yearning for a platform with great minds. Let's make this happen.

Some info you deem it's not fit for the public eye can be shared to my email. If I or you see other commitment individuals, please do let us know.

We need Commitment and not Crowd. The Crowd will fall in place in due time.

It is critical we build a structure and a thorough objective for UFA.

Looking forward to working with you and other committed fellows.

Regards,
Ejula Farm

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 8:36am On Feb 10, 2017
youngzoologist:
Good morning compatriots and fellow farmers.....I'm an admin of three whatsapp group since last year and I can no less agree with your position on such social platform....indeed it has its merits but most often times does not really address the specifics....some Adkins created whatsapp for their selfish intentions, some whatsapp members joined for their selfish intentions.......it takes God and a sincere, passionate and committed agropreneur admin to manage such platforms....
In addressing some of such limitations.....my network though not specifically for ugu will support every move to see your idea comes through....we are over 50 registered members across Nigeria......should we be able to get it right in consolidating our efforts....it may history in the making.......
Below are few pics of ugu farns visited yesterday for survey and data collection......
God bless Nigeria Agriculturist/Farmers....

You are so on point with varying interest using the whatsapp platform. I am now using this medium based on your record as admin officer to invite you to be among the admin of the group. The whatsapp group is to get brilliant ideas together then we will take the bold step to get ourselves noticed by the people and government.

Do please send me your contact to my email. ejulafarm@hotmail.com

Best regards
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
Update on Pesticide usage:

Recommended usage of neem leaves as pesticide is to soak for days and not boil.

Boiling reduces active ingredients in the neem leaves.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
Data collection have commenced for practicing Ugu farmers. Please spread the good thing happening with UFA with other Ugu farmers.

God bless Ugu farmers.

(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCf_YmLegu9D6jtDiZ2j1jn9ulrzbtOZu09RPWU9_EksCReQ/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2017
Update:

Data collection have commenced for practicing Ugu farmers. Please spread the good thing happening with UFA with other Ugu farmers.

God bless Ugu farmers.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCf_YmLegu9D6jtDiZ2j1jn9ulrzbtOZu09RPWU9_EksCReQ/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

Also endeavor to be registered with this thread and whatsapp group.

Ejula Farm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
Good evening all. Responses have been coming in and we will start looking at the way forward cos from what I have seen, a lot of people are really motivated to see UFA being established. I want to assure you all that we will ALL be involved to see to the actualization of this great feat. Please do spread the good news to other ugu farmers. God bless
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by esty27: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
Pls @ejula. hw does one know when it is time to harvest ugu pods n after harvesting, hw long can it stay for before planting? thanks
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Kalusam(m): 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hello house, this a complete video of how we irrigate our Ugwu farm using Spraytubes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojEMU1cLBg

We have some Spraytubes for sale too. Thanks

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
That is impressive Mr. Kalu.

At House...

We are in the business(trading) phase of Ugu farming, so a lot of time is invested in making sure profit is optimized.

I think the rain is here to stay and I hope you know what that translates to, considering the very nature of this thread.

This year Ugu cycle happened so fast that alot of farmers are in the dilemma of either planting now or waiting a little longer (as per the raining season). I believe it is time to put on the thinking cap as it pertains to the next dry season Ugu farming.

One thing seems likely and that is this year dry season cycle will come early. This is TOP secret.... wink

Farming is hardwork but with perseverance and passion not forgetting needed resources, It can be quite rewarding.

I will update you all of progress made thus far.

God bless.

Ejula FARM.

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 8:43am On Mar 24, 2017
The Pics below are taken from different segment of my farm. This is after like 4 to 5 harvest. One should realize that there were a lot of challenges. The challenges are listed in order of magnitude.

- Labor Management : Lack of planning attributed to this. From my assessment there was suppose to be at least 1 full time farmer on ground. From inquiry, I realize I could have gotten labor from cotonou or northern farmers. The most important thing is that, the challenge was assessed and there's probable solution.

- Irrigation: 1/2 inch Hose and surface pump was a NO NO. I later graduated my irrigation system to 6Hp pump and 3 inch hose. The only missing part is a sprinkler (Finance couldn't allow me get the sprinkler). But next planning, will take cognizance of best suitable irrigation practice.

So there you have it.

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 8:46am On Mar 24, 2017
Notice that I intercropped the Ugwu with water leaves. This is because water leaf is a natural weed in this part of ogun state and I decided to leave it instead of elephant grasses which is also very much incumbent here.

The water leaves were sold and also used as incentive for my customers

Take a look at the picture below.

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 8:49am On Mar 24, 2017
Notice the farming area is in residential area, so it is certain that next farming cycle will be in another location. Plans are made towards that.

The picture below is a 5 feet dug well that is connected to a water source. Before the rains, I pumped water from this.

The farm pictures shown here taken this morning after 5 days of harvest. So the leaves are just springing up.

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 10:17am On Mar 24, 2017
The drafting of our constitution has commenced. You can make your valuable input: It could be an inclusion or exclusion, but make sure it is highlighted red. Kindly Send your draft to ejulafarm@hotmail.com

This is just the first draft, more editing is needed.

God bless UFA.

UFA constitution Link: tinyurl(dot)com/l3lkua6

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by sofiyy(m): 12:38am On May 15, 2017
Good morning all,

I have been reading all the conversation on this thread for some days now and as a result of my interest in being a member of the train I decided to open a nairaland account to enable me connect with you guys.

You guys are doing really great, and I really appreciate that and kind of jealous too. Anyways, I am also an aspiring farming, that's what I can say because I have only being training and gathering knowledge about different kinds of farming (animal & crop), but I have not started out my own farm. I used most of the times I had during the many delays that my Alma mater (O.A.U Ile-Ife) brought my way during my university days to learn farming as it has always appealed to me.

Now, after spending so many years in delay, from schooling to NYSC, I have found my self at home jobless despite graduating with a good grade (2.1), and even taking professional certifications (CIPM, CICRM) to boost my appeal of employability to employers since I have a deep passion for people management, I still find myself checking my mail each day to see if I have been called for an assessment by prospective employers, yet nothing, and I still keep sending out CVs.

Although I have always had it in plan to venture into agribusiness but I was not seeing it as a stand alone means of livelihood. "Me sef wan wear suit na, and tie rope for neck, and AC dey blow me, you get". Then I can now use some of the money I get to finance the farm blah blah blah since the knowledge was there already, that was the plan. But now things have not gone as planned. It is now approximately 5 weeks and 2 days after P.O.P and still nothing. But before I finished service I started making plans towards starting a farm since I was already seeing signs of no job prospects, but my main issue still remain - LAND, I have not being able to get since I have been searching.

I had plans of starting my farm in my service year before but fortunately I was posted to Lagos, in the heart of it - Ikeja. Where will one be able to farm like in such a place?

Well, guys please I would love to join the association in advance prospect of starting up my farm, I hope my request will be granted. Anyhow "sha", I pray the Almighty God bless our hustle.

Still in search of land, and as soon as I get one, ugu is a prime candidate for my venture start up, for I look forward to start up my farming venture with crop farming - vegetables precisely before any other provided there are viable means of advancement.

Thank you for your patience and time. Mr Egula hoping to hear something positive from you and the crew.

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 09, 2017
esty27:
Pls @ejula. hw does one know when it is time to harvest ugu pods n after harvesting, hw long can it stay for before planting? thanks

Ugu pod is ready for harvest when the stemp attached to the pod dry up. With out any cut or mark, the pod can last between a month or two before breaking it for planting if it's not exposed to sunlight
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by hadex90(m): 6:03am On Jul 04, 2017
youngzoologist:
Indeed I'm encouraged by the likes of ejula....and happy to share my experience in our group ugu project....we adopted a 1m * 1m plant spacing on an hectare....and planted a seed per hole.....I hope to also share pic of them once they sprout......
Pls How Much Did U Spend On Seed For This One Hectare?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by splentimmy(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
hi guys, having just checked into this thread, I really appreciate the good work that is been done by OP and I will like to join that ugu farmers association also.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by pheonixdld2(m): 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Update has been slow on this wonderful thread lately.hope informations and updates has not migrated to any whatsapp to the detriment of this thread as is usually common with other good agric threads here?
please let's not kill the spirit.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2017
Do you need cash to set up or expand your farm
Then try Green Nation
Green Nation addresses two (2) Major Challenges hindering people from going into
Agriculture and it Allied Industries:
1. Lack of adequate TRAINING on Modern Farming Technique
2. Lack of FINANCIAL POWER to engage in Modern Farming which is
COMMERCIALIZED AGRICULTURE.
Who is Involved..??
1. Green Nation & Valuechain Services Ltd (The Company/Platform)
2. Green Nation Members (You & Me)
3. Green Nation Partners (IITA & Project Fix Nigeria, Songhai Centre etc)
Connect with me on WhatsApp 08120528950 to learn more
It is real
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2017
Hello all,

I have being away from my thread for sometime now. Though the thread is limited to dry season ugu, I could still have continued the discourse. But I have being so engrossed with a project not related to farming and the way I'm seeing it, it will take a while to finally conclude this new chapter.

I'm into farming for the passion first, then other things follow. So when I'm done with this present project at hand, I hope to further grow my passion (i.e. farming).

Since I will not be doing dry season farming this year, I thought it wise to let off some of my equipment at a reasonable price.

I wish I could use this equipment to sow a seed but I feel adding value to it will make one bent on achieving something with it in this field.

3- inch Honda water pump... (very reliable for sprinklers, especially rain guns) - I bought this brand new around february this year and it is still working very well.

Specification:
Model : WP30X
Sunction/Discharge : 80MM
Capacity - 60 M3/H
Total head - 30M
Rated Power: 6.5 HP.

Price: #40,000

150 yard blue hose (at #150 per yard), It is about #300 in Ojo, alaba.

Total Price; #22,500

Very effective for rain gun. Or for use manually.

I prefer to sell both, but I can sell each a piece.

Call 09039395354

Check pictures at this thread..

https://www.nairaland.com/3938653/sale-3-inch-honda-water
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by mozel247: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
olaide68:
Good daySir,how is work?Sir I am a keen follower of this trend.I want to ask these questions,I have a waterlog swamp area that intend to use for ugwu production,do I need to make ridges for Ugwu to do well?How often do I water the area if I need to water atall since it is waterlog?I promised to update you on my progress.

Where is ur waterlodge farm.. Can u chat me up.. 08131109592
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by evelynqueen(f): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please OP, kindly share the link to the group, I want to join too. Thank you.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by QUEENCHIGO: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by njidekaemeghara: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
@ejula and youngzoologist. Could u pls shed more light on neem oil. Is it the water gotten from dogoyaro leaves? How can it be applied, is it to be mixed with anything. Thank u
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by njidekaemeghara: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
@ ejula (UFA) :The captha on the forms are not responding making it difficult for me to submit the form. Kindly look into it sir
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Gadgetmobil(m): 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2017
Space booked
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
I have over hundred ugu pods for sale. My farm is in Ikorodu. Any interested buyer should please call 08129983687.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Arvinkris(m): 5:29am On Dec 21, 2017
uGu pods/seeds are available for sell. Interested buyers should contact youngzoo 08153701613
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Cocoboms(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
How much per seed?

Arvinkris:
uGu pods/seeds are available for sell. Interested buyers should contact youngzoo 08153701613
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Cocoboms(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
Do you sell the seeds alone? If yes, how much?

chilove:
I have over hundred ugu pods for sale. My farm is in Ikorodu. Any interested buyer should please call 08129983687.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Muhammadu Sarki Builds Tomato Paste Factory In Katsina / Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) / The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.