Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) (51900 Views)

Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / Is Ugu Farming This Useless? / Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Arvinkris(m): 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
Cocoboms:
How much per seed?

Contact this number youngzoo(agriwealth) 08153701613 and negotiate with him per seed or pod.we have over hundred pods harvested last week.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Cocoboms(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
Okay. Noted. I have tried the number you indicated but it's switched off.

Arvinkris:

Contact this number youngzoo(agriwealth) 08153701613 and negotiate with him per seed or pod.we have over hundred pods harvested last week.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Arvinkris(m): 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
Cocoboms:
Okay. Noted. I have tried the number you indicated but it's switched off.

Try call him now
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by StrongNation23: 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
@ejulafarm, I started following your threads sometime mid November 2017 and I found them priceless. Really you're doing a great job. I have a plot of ugu farm in Ogun state very close to Lagos. I share in the Ugu Farmers Association vision you proposed. I would like to be part. I sent you an e-mail. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by stagger: 12:28am On Jan 04, 2018
Ejulafarm:
That is impressive Mr. Kalu.

At House...

We are in the business(trading) phase of Ugu farming, so a lot of time is invested in making sure profit is optimized.

I think the rain is here to stay and I hope you know what that translates to, considering the very nature of this thread.

This year Ugu cycle happened so fast that alot of farmers are in the dilemma of either planting now or waiting a little longer (as per the raining season). I believe it is time to put on the thinking cap as it pertains to the next dry season Ugu farming.

One thing seems likely and that is this year dry season cycle will come early. This is TOP secret.... wink

Farming is hardwork but with perseverance and passion not forgetting needed resources, It can be quite rewarding.

I will update you all of progress made thus far.

God bless.

Ejula FARM.

NIMET predicted the rainfall pattern. Nothing really secret about it. Rather, we can say not many people pay attention to it. Good thread by the way. Loads of educative information gained.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Raphvenesa10(f): 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
Pls I just started ugu farming, I need guildlines and advice.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
StrongNation23:
@ejulafarm, I started following your threads sometime mid November 2017 and I found them priceless. Really you're doing a great job. I have a plot of ugu farm in Ogun state very close to Lagos. I share in the Ugu Farmers Association vision you proposed. I would like to be part. I sent you an e-mail. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Will like to have ur contact or your mail sir if you don't mind. I also just started a ugu farm around ota Ogun state. Thanks
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Raphvenesa10:

New ugu farmers, you are very welcome.....how may we be of assistance
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
youngzoologist:

New ugu farmers, you are very welcome.....how may we be of assistance
Thank you for the warn welcome sir. pls at what stage do one prone ugu, I was told its important so as to bring more and better leaf(I don't no how true) and how do one sell I mean is there a specific measurement and the average price because I no it will be differ due to location and lastly what the best way to market it. looking forward to your swift responds( from all the gurus in d house ooo) Thanks
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 6:02am On Mar 22, 2018
olakunleben16:
Thank you for the warn welcome sir. pls at what stage do one prone ugu, I was told its important so as to bring more and better leaf(I don't no how true) and how do one sell I mean is there a specific measurement and the average price because I no it will be differ due to location and lastly what the best way to market it. looking forward to your swift responds( from all the gurus in d house ooo) Thanks

First, let me say we should endeavour to learn whatever will help our business to succeed however the cost...this is a bitter truth.
My candid advice is to first consult the expert, they will show you how and where to cut so as to give room for more development without having to kill it. Online explanation may not be satisfactory.

From my little experience, we learn everyday.....once your ugu has a minimum of three long branches of an arm stretch, they are due....watch out for where they show a greater branch off....CUT...out of the say the three, cut from two......

There are no precise sales measurement or average price...prices are subject to law of supply and demand......you can find out whats obtainable in your community.....

How to market.....my style of marketing cannot be the same as yours....but generally, visit the ugu market and find out how best you can penetrate.....there are different categories, those who buy lorry loads directly from farm, those who buy from the big buyers and those who retail.......

We invite interested farmer to join our suscribed group which kicks off in April, together we can achieve more and solve our perculiar challenges.

For more info.....081..537..01613...

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Sunnycliff(m): 8:27am On Mar 23, 2018
Raphvenesa10:

Got ur pm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Oregular: 11:57pm On May 14, 2018
Ejulafarm God bless you for this post.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Janlove: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
I am looking to buy some ugu seeds to be sent to me in the US.
Is there anyone here that can help me with that?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by tonee1: 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2018
Janlove:

Have u gotten the seed now?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by harygo(m): 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Janlove:

Contact me on 08034202825 watapp
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by ijeni123: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
thank you so much Ejula. really impressed by your teachings
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by ublight: 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ugole2013:

I have posted many pictures from my old and new farms. My farms are in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.

please i need a mentor. I am in uyo
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by ublight: 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
na so una take cut this thread

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by austinomd(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
I've read this thread from beginning to end for the second time, I'm still reading it again because it contains too much information to download in just one read, i guess the OP and most of the early contributors have deviated into other means, hence the thread have gone silent.

Those of us here who are still into ugu farming or are about to start can connect better in a whatsapp group and share ideas if we don't mind, I'm presently preparing my land for the dry season ugu farming, Below are some of the procedures i plan to follow

1. Plant 4,000 ugu seeds in 2 and half plot of land (more than half of the land already cleared), Land location is Ikorodu Lagos
2. grow the seeds using nursery bags and later transplant (though i may do some direct planting because i presently have only about 1450 nursery bags and i don't know if i'll have enough funds to buy more, i thing seeds stand a better chance at germinating after drying if they are planted using nursery bags, because the last time i planted 64 seeds on nursery bags 61 germinated, which is about 95%, it will also save the stress off non uniformity or having to replace the stands that refuse to germinate as with direct planting
3. I intend to use both organic manure and inorganic fertilizer (getting manure seem not to be very convenient in my area, the only close location i got a contact of someone who could provide dry poultry manure said a bag is N1,500, i think that is too expensive, but i'll have to buy a few
4. i still have issues getting fertilizers, it seems allot of dealers don't sell 1 or 2 bags(that's what i'm made to understand for now) the only contact i've gotten is at ibadan, but I'll go for that if i have no other option, man must farm!

This is all i've got for now, I'll be posting pictures when i start.

Cheers farmers!
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Uyaigee: 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Please oooo, Ugu farmers, this thread should not die o. I have started my dry season ugu farm. I am in AkwaIbom State.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Uyaigee: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
This is my ugu farm. Getting set for my first harvest.

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Nigerfine3: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
Nice job,I read every post. I am Internet farmer for now. I will be a player in next year dry season farming
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by tonee1: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
Nigerfine3:
Nice job,I read every post. I am Internet farmer for now. I will be a player in next year dry season farming

Why waiting for dry season? Do you have enough irrigation for that dry season?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by donquincy98(m): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2020
Why do people prefer buying in seeds to buying in pods?

Ejulafarm:

Average of 60 seeds per big pod.

Yesterday, this is the range I got from 9 pods.

Minimum seed per pod - 42
Maximum seed per pod - 101
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by donquincy98(m): 9:51am On Feb 27, 2020
Can one harvest a cycle upto 6 months?

If yes,

Why do you prefer 3 months to that? And

Ejulafarm:

I believe 2 cycles is possible in the dry season if one start by early November. Factoring a total of 6 harvest in 10-15 days interval.

Proper and adequate fertilization is key.

Ideally, 3 cycle for the whole calender year
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by donquincy98(m): 10:47am On Feb 27, 2020
DBPOWER:
Experimenting with vertical plant growth

How practical is this on an acre?

It involves manual irrigation right?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Sewefoods: 2:26am On Mar 14, 2020
Can I visit your farm...

austinomd:
I've read this thread from beginning to end for the second time, I'm still reading it again because it contains too much information to download in just one read, i guess the OP and most of the early contributors have deviated into other means, hence the thread have gone silent.

Those of us here who are still into ugu farming or are about to start can connect better in a whatsapp group and share ideas if we don't mind, I'm presently preparing my land for the dry season ugu farming, Below are some of the procedures i plan to follow

1. Plant 4,000 ugu seeds in 2 and half plot of land (more than half of the land already cleared), Land location is Ikorodu Lagos
2. grow the seeds using nursery bags and later transplant (though i may do some direct planting because i presently have only about 1450 nursery bags and i don't know if i'll have enough funds to buy more, i thing seeds stand a better chance at germinating after drying if they are planted using nursery bags, because the last time i planted 64 seeds on nursery bags 61 germinated, which is about 95%, it will also save the stress off non uniformity or having to replace the stands that refuse to germinate as with direct planting
3. I intend to use both organic manure and inorganic fertilizer (getting manure seem not to be very convenient in my area, the only close location i got a contact of someone who could provide dry poultry manure said a bag is N1,500, i think that is too expensive, but i'll have to buy a few
4. i still have issues getting fertilizers, it seems allot of dealers don't sell 1 or 2 bags(that's what i'm made to understand for now) the only contact i've gotten is at ibadan, but I'll go for that if i have no other option, man must farm!

This is all i've got for now, I'll be posting pictures when i start.

Cheers farmers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Shows Off The Big Cassava She Harvested (Photos) / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] / The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.