Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters (9175 Views)

Who Amongst These 10 Will You Choose As "Man Of The Year"? - Sahara Reporters / Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) / 25-Year-Old Hindatu Umar In Kebbi Appointed As Arugungu LGA Caretaker (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by adadadon(m): 6:43am On Nov 03, 2016

BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK
There is growing disenchantment in the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) over a recent displacement of some staff members at the insistence of the Federal Government.

Sources close to the agency told SaharaReporters that a committee led by the Head of Service of the Federation had recommended no fewer than 50 personnel to be either demoted or placed in appropriate positions in the agency, but only 29 of them were eventually affected by the rejig.

According to a source, some of the staff penciled down for either demotion or outright sack by the committee were shielded by powerful forces in the agency as well as the Ministry of Transport. Some of them were posted outside the Lagos office of the agency to shield them from being sacked or demoted.

The Winifred Oyo-Ita-led committee on restructuring had recommended proper placement of personnel in all the aviation agencies. Some of the general managers were said not to have requisite qualifications for the sensitive positions they held, while others, including deputy general managers, were said to have left universities less than 12 years ago and could not have gained the experience required for the office they held.

The FAAN source alleged that the committee itself did not follow Civil Service rules in carrying out its exercise, stressing that rather than it looking at work experience, it depended on year of graduation in coming to its recommendations.

The source specifically accused Director of Human Resources, Hajia Salamatu Umar-Eluma, of allegedly shielding some staff members. She was also accused of encouraging manipulation of the quota system by some of her protégées when the quota for their original states had been exhausted, thereby denying indigenes of affected states their employment due.

It was said that one Hillary Omunna, Head of Operations in FAAN on Grade Level 16, who was recommended for outright sack, was demoted by one level to GL 15. Also, the General Manager, Servicom, General Aviation Terminal (GAT), Mrs. Uju Eze, who the committee recommended for demotion to GL 9, was demoted by only one grade to GL 14. She was also accused of backdating her letter to January 2015.

Also, one Miss Ojale, Landside Manager, Lagos Airport, reportedly escaped the demotion exercise. So also the Deputy General Manager, Advert, Mr. Victor Egu. In similar vein, one Ebere Enechukwu was demoted to GL 14 from GL 15, rather than GL 12 as recommended by the Oyo-Ita committee.

The source also cited Njoku Benedict Ibe with staff number 011075, who was allegedly employed without due process in 2013 and placed on GL 13, even though without any work experience.

SaharaReporters learnt that despite the recent purge in FAAN, more personnel are being employed and are placed between GL 10 and GL 14, despite the fact that the management had claimed there was no vacancy in the agency.

It was recently gathered that no fewer than 70 workers were employed in FAAN and posted to several stations, whereas those due for promotion were not promoted due to an alleged paucity of funds.

The source said: “Not much was achieved with the recent improper placement exercise in FAAN. Most of those that were recommended to be sacked or demoted by the committee were not affected by the purge. In order to escape the exercise, some people in the agency ensured that some of them were redeployed to outstations and till date, they are still in the system.

“Meanwhile, there are some senior staff in FAAN who had sat for promotional exams and passed, but were not promoted because the management claimed that it has no fund to give to them. In fact, the management is encouraging them to seek for transfer outside the station, but without monetary attachment. Some of them have agreed to move out of station in order to be promoted.”

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/02/rumbles-faan-over-improper-staff-placement-quota-manipulation

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by adadadon(m): 6:44am On Nov 03, 2016
Quota manipulation is giving Abia state employment slot slot to Kogi state.......

3 Likes

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by INTROVERT(f): 6:44am On Nov 03, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by glimpse33(m): 6:47am On Nov 03, 2016
Okay!
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Siberia101: 6:48am On Nov 03, 2016
Corruption Everywhere grin

5 Likes

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by CplusJason: 6:59am On Nov 03, 2016
And the seventy something years old general declared a war against corruption....

Lol, "sai baba" zombies will come here to defend as usual.

21 Likes

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by idensko(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2016
Am not saying that they re innocent

But how come most of the affected names are Southerners o SE to be precise

We know the people who have benefitted heavily fro quota system.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Paperwhite(m): 7:35am On Nov 03, 2016
Useless government with useless policies & useless supporters.Only a northerner is right in any decision taken no matter whose ox is gored but any other one will often raise an eyebrow.Recruitment upon recruitment scandals in a supposed government of change while masquerade dressing job is being advocated for other unfortunate Nigerians.Corruption everywhere.God punish whosoever have a hand in bringing this untold hardship on us.

8 Likes

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by HAH: 7:53am On Nov 03, 2016
Half of FAAN are igala from Kogi. Kogis quota is filled up so she ask her people to claim other states, you will see someone claiming Sokoto that cannot speak Hausa fluently.

I learn she is seeking a political position in future and truly they praise her in her igala land for helping kith and kin

22 Likes

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 8:56am On Nov 03, 2016
CplusJason:
And the seventy something years old general declared a war against corruption....

I've said it repeatedly,people like you is the only reason Nigeria will never be great!
I'm not a fan of the government but so far everybody caught up in the corruption war is actually corrupt!
If buhari is fighting opposition with corruption charges they are guilty of then so be it!

Whenever PDP return to power(date unknown) let them fight the opposition with corruption charges against them too

I don't understand the joy people like you feel when you see someone who stole your birthright walking around like a free man!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 03, 2016
grin
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by themosthigh: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2016
Lol
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by moshmusth(m): 9:07am On Nov 03, 2016
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Siberia101: 9:07am On Nov 03, 2016
Confused Federal Government

1 Like

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by jaywhoco(m): 9:07am On Nov 03, 2016
CplusJason:

guy u get invisible gun? My uncles dem dey try show demselves
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Blacky287(m): 9:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Naija i hail o

Am coming let me finish eating my meat #lalasticlala come and join me

1 Like

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by CplusJason: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

[s]I've said it repeatedly,people like you is the only reason Nigeria will never be great!
I'm not a fan of the government but so far everybody caught up in the corruption war is actually corrupt!
If buhari is fighting opposition with corruption charges they are guilty of then so be it!

Whenever PDP return to power(date unknown) let them fight the opposition with corruption charges against them too

I don't understand the joy people like you feel when you see someone who stole your birthright walking around like a free man![/s]
You talk like a fool, so i should start crying and chase them?

I believe your sense of humour is dead and buried.

Don't take things too serious and don't quote me again.

11 Likes

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2016
CplusJason:
You talk like a fool, so i should start crying and chase them?

I believe your sense of humour is dead and buried.

Don't take things too serious and don't quote me again.

Apologies grin
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by sakalisis(m): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2016
grin
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by CplusJason: 9:19am On Nov 03, 2016
jaywhoco:
guy u get invisible gun? My uncles dem dey try show demselves
Lol, not at all bro. Let us pray Trump wins, so that my Russia-America suppliers will ship them in without stress.

Just postpone their death. grin

3 Likes

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by MisterGrace: 9:33am On Nov 03, 2016
HAH:
Half of FAAN are igala from Kogi. Kogis quota is filled up so she ask her people to claim other states, you will see someone claiming Sokoto that cannot speak Hausa fluently.

I learn she is seeking a political position in future and truly they praise her in her igala land for helping kith and kin

You know others do theirs too.
Hausa --- NNPC, CBN and Customs.
Igbo---- Nig. Prisons, Consumer protection board, Ministry of information etc.
Yoruba--- NBS, Ministry of finance etc.

But I don't think these allegations are true though.
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by MrImole: 9:43am On Nov 03, 2016
What's this?

1 Like

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by jaywhoco(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2016
CplusJason:
Lol, not at all bro. Let us pray Trump wins, so that my Russia-America suppliers will ship them in without stress.

Just postpone their death. grin
hmmm. So you want a shift in the military-industrial complex!!! Ok. I go wait
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by CplusJason: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2016
jaywhoco:
hmmm. So you want a shift in the military-industrial complex!!! Ok. I go wait
Alright bro! grin
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 03, 2016
Jobs ain't easy 2 get these days... APC failed us wholly
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by adadadon(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2016
MisterGrace:

Verify fom the ministry, its up to them to confirm or deny it.
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by Sealeddeal(m): 10:51am On Nov 03, 2016
Hajia Salamatu Umar-Eluma? Is she an Igbo Muslim or northern Muslim married to Igboman?
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by mayorchelsea(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2016
"As long as it's Sahara reporters, it's an APC propaganda medium and we don't believe it."
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by kogirodent: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Hajia Salamatu Umar-Eluma? Is she an Igbo Muslim or northern Muslim married to Igboman?
Kogi Igala married to an Igbo man. de man is dead sha.
Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by juliuscarter(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
MisterGrace:

Any proof to back up your claims??
What he just told you about Kogi indigenes occupying most positions in FAAN is the fact..

1 Like

Re: Salamatu Umar In Job Racketeering, Quota Manipulation - Sahara Reporters by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
which way Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kuje Prison On Fire Happening Now / I Will Pay 30,000 As Minimum Wage – Zamfara PDP Candidate / Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.