Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today (17724 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu's 84th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
gidgiddy:

Now you are starting to understand why Ojukwu was right to get his people out of 'one Nigeria'. We dont get each other, we dont understand each other and we dont see each others point of view because we are different. We have different outlook on life, different cultures, norms and value system. Whatbis the point of 'one Nigeria'?

Please endeavour to check my previous posts. There's never any place where I advocated for your people to remain in this country.

As a matter of fact I have been banned more than twice by some over-zealous moderator for supporting and encouraging secession.

Its not in anybody's best interest if you remain. We'll give y'all a proper send-off when you decide to leave.
NB to over-zealous mods: I don't support secession o (before you come and ban me with your itchy fingers again. E no dey hard you) tongue
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
Ioannes:

Lol. The only way I won't insult you is to assume you're 18 years or less. So, I'm going to assume that because I want to keep this discussion out of the gutters.

Now let me address your post,

Awolowo was reluctant to drag his people into a needless war for several reasons, top of which was the fact that the Nigerian federal capital was located in Yorubaland, Lagos. The implication is that the presence of the Nigerian armed forces was most concentrated in Yoruba land than any other part of the country. (The head of state's residence then was Dodan barracks in Lagos)

If Awo had pushed his people to war, the war would have been fought on our soil and the devastation would have been brutal.

Was that cowardice? No. That was prudence combined with good leadership and a love for his people.

Compare that with what your own "brave" leader did.

Ojukwu prosecuted a war his people had no resources to fight.

He expected his enemy to feed his people while he was simultaneously warring against them.

He cornered the food and aid meant for his people for himself and his family and the soldiers.

Then, when the federal forces advanced closer, he jumped ship, abandoned his people and fled to Côte d'voire, leaving his people to the mercy of the enemy.

Who was the coward between the two?

How did Awo turn our lands over to the Hausas? Because last I checked, all Yoruba states are being governed by Yorubas, yes, including Kwara state.

When your big brothers and uncles are talking about Biafra war at least you can counter them with the points up there OK?...you're welcome. smiley
just one question, one answer. what would you do if thousands of your tribesmen were slaughtered in the north with federal military collaboration ?
it's obvious you don't even know how the war began. ojukwu and ironsi stopped the first coup after coming to a gentleman agreement with nzeogwu and Co to avoid a military conflagration. The oligarchs of the north saw it as an elaborate plan by the igbos to dominate(notwithstanding the fact that most of the coup plotters are from anioma region(delta state) that they claim are not igbos) hence they whipped their uneducated masses into a frenzy and after a fastidious elimination of as many military officers of igbo origin in the north, the campaign was taken to the residential areas. It resulted in the deaths of ten's of thousand of my people and the fed govt stood by and did nothing(the didn't even declare a state of emergency in those states). that's what led to the igbo declaring independence. even after the war, the northerners still frequently engaged in an ethnic cleansing rampage disguised as being religious till that of 2000 in which the bakassi boys of aba initiated a region wide slaughter of peeps of northern origin. The only mistake ojukwu made was believing that the UN and EUROPE stood for what is right, events in Iraq, Syria, Libya and Somalia has shown nothing has changed in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
eduj:

just one question, one answer. what would you do if thousands of your tribesmen were slaughtered in the north with federal military collaboration ?
it's obvious you don't even know how the war began. ojukwu and ironsi stopped the first coup after coming to a gentleman agreement with nzeogwu and Co to avoid a military conflagration. The oligarchs of the north saw it as an elaborate plan by the igbos to dominate(notwithstanding the fact that most of the coup plotters are from anioma region(delta state) that they claim are not igbos) hence they whipped their uneducated masses into a frenzy and after a fastidious elimination of as many military officers of igbo origin in the north, the campaign was taken to the residential areas. It resulted in the deaths of ten's of thousand of my people and the fed govt stood by and did nothing(the didn't even declare a state of emergency in those states). that's what led to the igbo declaring independence. even after the war, the northerners still frequently engaged in an ethnic cleansing rampage disguised as being religious till that of 2000 in which the bakassi boys of aba initiated a region wide slaughter of peeps of northern origin. The only mistake ojukwu made was believing that the UN and EUROPE stood for what is right, events in Iraq, Syria, Libya and Somalia has shown nothing has changed in that aspect.

So the Northerners just got up one morning and decided to slaughter you in your thousands and there's nothing that you did?

I see that you've cherry-picked the part of history that you liked and left the ones that are damning to you.

First ask yourselves, why are you such duplicists? When it suits your fancy Anioma people are from Delta and not Igbo, and when it fits your secession plans, then they are full blooded igbos right? Keep on deceiving yourselves.

Next, ask yourselves, in the coup leading up to the civil war, how many Igbo politicians were killed when other politicians of other regions were being massacred? The answer is none. Then ask yourselves why?

Then go right ahead and ask yourselves why Ojukwu didn't stay back and defend his territory but was invading other territories and marching towards Lagos?

Then there's the cherry on top, ask why you guys are still dying for an idea called Biafra in this present day and age when even the originator of that idea, Ojukwu, had the chance to die for his idea but chose to flee and abandon the cause? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by megbu: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
@loannes your are indeed the true son of your father. The blood of deceit is thick in you. I will address your point one after another.
1. Ojukwu and his bandits stormed every bank in eastern region and looted all the money and destroyed every available record.therefore your true hero couldn't pay the Igbos their claims.
My question is what of the banks in Lagos, kano, Kaduna,and all over the nation that the igbos were doing business? What of the bank record of the majority of civil servants who where residing in these part of the country. Who broke into those banks to destroy documents? When you tell one lie be ready to use thousand to support it.
2. Ojukwu and his soldiers hijacked food meant for the children of Biafra and when your hero saw the picture of starving children he was so move with pity for them that he had to block our been borders.
This happened only in the imagination of your hero. You blocked our borders because of your desire to win the war at all cost. If not why were Nigerian army also shooting down the airplane of the redcross and other relief agencies who were targeting the children,the weak and the old. My dear spin this all you could this was the point Nigeria died as a nation. This was were we lost our conscience,it was the genesis of impunity and it is playing out in the refugee camp all over the north. Ojukwu couldn't force the borders open and awolowo watched our children die.

3. Ojukwu jumped ship the moment the war get to him and left us to die.
No he didn't leave us to die, he saw it all till the very end. Your are only angry because he eluded you all through the war. The igbos should be the ones angry and not you. It was our war he was only the commanding officer. That was why he was given a heroic welcome on his return from exile, and his burial was more than royal. It is our cry let us cry it.!!
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by megbu: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2016
By your reasoning over 30,000 people had a meeting and decide to kill political leaders from other zones leaving out their own. It was military thing and should not have involved innocent civilians. You killed Aguiyi Ironsi,executed hundreds of Igbo officers including 33 senoir ranking officers. It was not enough then you started mass killing of the igbos to quench blood tastiness. In your logic those people deserved their fate,who asked them to be Igbos. To you it was normal because it happened to a tribe you hate. But hey precedence has been set, we will all live under the fear of ethnic violence and reprisal attacks. And the government forces will watch on helpless, where will they start? Go back to 1966, resurrect the people killed in Jos crisis, sharia crisis, Mohammed picture crisis, the recent Hausa vs Yoruba clash in Lagos, the list is endless. My dear is this the nation you want your children to have? You feel your tribe is better off because you play the ostrich. But then we are not you. We are a passionate people, we are either in or out no in betweens. We don't pretend to like what we don't .call it stubborness that is ur opinion. For we to forge nationhood everybody must come together and their lay cards on the table. Till that we will remain foes forever.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
Ioannes:

So the Northerners just got up one morning and decided to slaughter you in your thousands and there's nothing that you did?

I see that you've cherry-picked the part of history that you liked and left the ones that are damning to you.

The 1945 Kano massacre and the 1953 Jos riots are examples of the Northerners getting up one morning and slaughtering hundreds of Igbos for notjing. This trend of killing Igbos did not start with the Nzeogwu coup.

First ask yourselves, why are you such duplicists? When it suits your fancy Anioma people are from Delta and not Igbo, and when it fits your secession plans, then they are full blooded igbos right? Keep on deceiving yourselves.

The confusion is caused by Nigeria that has tried for decades to enstrange the Western Igbo from the rest of their kith and kin. They first put Anioma in the Western Region, then in the Mid-Western Region and now, they are in the so called 'SS'. Divide and rule tactics that has caused identity crises in some places in Anioma.

Next, ask yourselves, in the coup leading up to the civil war, how many Igbo politicians were killed when other politicians of other regions were being massacred? The answer is none. Then ask yourselves why?

Nobody denies the fact that none died in the Eastern Region same as nobody died in the Mid-West. A lot of people use this to tag the first coup an 'Igbo coup' even though none Igbos who participated in it such as Major Ademoyega and Captain Oyewole have since debunked this.

Then go right ahead and ask yourselves why Ojukwu didn't stay back and defend his territory but was invading other territories and marching towards Lagos?

What are you talking about? It was the Nigerian/Biafran war. Lagos and Ore were both in Nigeria and Ojukwu was entitled to invade any Nigerian territory same as Gowon was entitled to invade any Biafran territory.

Then there's the cherry on top, ask why you guys are still dying for an idea called Biafra in this present day and age when even the originator of that idea, Ojukwu, had the chance to die for his idea but chose to flee and abandon the cause? undecided

Who told you that Biafra was Ojukwus idea? The people of the Eastern Region mandated Ojukwu to declare them a separate country and Ojukwu followed the directive of his people. Nigeria was Lord Lugards idea, would you die for Nigeria? Biafra is about the self determinstion, free choice and the freedom of the people to choose their destiny rather than let Lord Lugard choose it for them. Any side of a marriage can choose to divorce the other side if the feel things are not working out. Nobody holds another against their will.

Ojukwu fought hard for three years and gave it a good fight. In the end, when things could no longer hold, he left. Soldiers are not trained to throw their lives away, they are taught to fight hard, and if the situation becomes hopeless, to escape rather thsn get caught or killed. Ojukwu followed his training as a Soldier and left when the only alternative was death. Im glad he did, by doing so, he robbed Nigeria of the perfect victory Nigeria wanted. God knows what sort of propaganda Nigeria would have used Ojukwus dead body for if he had been killed in the war. He lived and died an old man and had one of the greatest burials ever witbessed in Africa. Not even Gowon can hope for such
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=Ioannes post=50839574]

Then there's the cherry on top, ask why you guys are still dying for an idea called Biafra in this present day and age when even the originator of that idea, Ojukwu, had the chance to die for his idea but chose to flee and abandon the
I don't know how you came about your conclusions from my unambiguous writeup hence, I can only deduce that you decided to interpret in a way suitable to your insidious persona or, that you are lacking enormously upstairs.Go back to my post, read it with an unbiased mind (your teacher and a dictionary would possibly be good for you) maybe then, you would get a few likes.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
Ioannes:

don't know how you came about your conclusions from my unambiguous writeup hence, I can only deduce that you decided to interpret in a way suitable to your insidious persona or, that you are lacking enormously upstairs.Go back to my post, read it with an unbiased mind (your teacher and a dictionary would possibly be good for you) maybe then, you would get a few likes.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
gidgiddy:

The 1945 Kano massacre and the 1953 Jos riots are examples of the Northerners getting up one morning and slaughtering hundreds of Igbos for notjing. This trend of killing Igbos did not start with the Nzeogwu coup.

The confusion is caused by Nigeria that has tried for decades to enstrange the Western Igbo from the rest of their kith and kin. They first put Anioma in the Western Region, then in the Mid-Western Region and now, they are in the so called 'SS'. Divide and rule tactics that has caused identity crises in some places in Anioma.

Nobody denies the fact that none died in the Eastern Region same as nobody died in the Mid-West. A lot of people use this to tag the first coup an 'Igbo coup' even though none Igbos who participated in it such as Major Ademoyega and Captain Oyewole have since debunked this.

What are you talking about? It was the Nigerian/Biafran war. Lagos and Ore were both in Nigeria and Ojukwu was entitled to invade any Nigerian territory same as Gowon was entitled to invade any Biafran territory.

Who told you that Biafra was Ojukwus idea? The people of the Eastern Region mandated Ojukwu to declare them a separate country and Ojukwu followed the directive of his people. Nigeria was Lord Lugards idea, would you die for Nigeria? Biafra is about the self determinstion, free choice and the freedom of the people to choose their destiny rather than let Lord Lugard choose it for them. Any side of a marriage can choose to divorce the other side if the feel things are not working out. Nobody holds another against their will.

Ojukwu fought hard for three years and gave it a good fight. In the end, when things could no longer hold, he left. Soldiers are not trained to throw their lives away, they are taught to fight hard, and if the situation becomes hopeless, to escape rather thsn get caught or killed. Ojukwu followed his training as a Soldier and left when the only alternative was death. Im glad he did, by doing so, he robbed Nigeria of the perfect victory Nigeria wanted. God knows what sort of propaganda Nigeria would have used Ojukwus dead body for if he had been killed in the war. He lived and died an old man and had one of the greatest burials ever witbessed in Africa. Not even Gowon can hope for such

Soldiers are not trained to throw away their lives but they are trained to throw away the lives of others abi?

Responding to you point by point is a complete waste of my time.

Arguing with you guys is like pouring water in a basket.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by loopman: 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
eduj:

don't know how you came about your conclusions from my unambiguous writeup hence, I can only deduce that you decided to interpret in a way suitable to your insidious persona or, that you are lacking enormously upstairs.Go back to my post, read it with an unbiased mind (your teacher and a dictionary would possibly be good for you) maybe then, you would get a few likes.

You are the one to quietly and slowly read the salient points he raised. Those are damning that you can't sweep under.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ioannes:

Soldiers are not trained to throw away their lives but they are trained to throw away the lives of others abi?

You cant respond, you have nothing to say. I dismantled everything you said one by one.

No Soldier anywhere in the world is trained to be a martyr. Soldiers are trained to fight hard, and in the event that the battle becomes hopeless, to find an escape route rather than get captured or killed. That is the military doctrine of 'live to fight another day'. Ojukwu followed his training and left when things were hopeless.

Only a fool waits to die when they have an escape route.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 09, 2016
gidgiddy:

You cant respond, you have nothing to say. I dismantled everything you said one by one.

No Soldier anywhere in the world is trained to be a martyr. Soldiers are trained to fight hard, and in the event that the battle becomes hopeless, to find an escape route rather than get captured or killed. That is the military doctrine of 'live to fight another day'. Ojukwu followed his training and left when things were hopeless.

Only a fool waits to die when they have an escape route.

Yeah he left when things were hopeless. Lol.

Do you know the hallmark of a good captain on a ship? He never abandons his ship while there are souls aboard even if the ship is sinking.

I don't expect you to know much about honor and other such values though. Aren't you from the same group of people who hail corruption and corrupt people?

Why am I even bothering myself. You can't see it even if it smacked you in the face repeatedly.

Soldiers aren't trained to die as martyrs? The ones that have been dying from the bullets of boko haram is what?

The ones that died during the Biafra war is what?

So Ojukwu was an ordinary soldier abi? And not the leader of his people at the time?

People with honor die for what they believe in.

Ojukwu didn't want to die yet he started a war. What did he think a war is?

Playground for children?

The same mentality is affecting you IPOB dullards screaming for war.

You think if the war starts, you'll be able to press pause or restart when you like abi? Or maybe you think you'll be given 5 lifelines like the games you play.

You prolly still a kid, and I shouldn't waste any more effort trying to school you. Life will do that for you.

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ioannes:

Do you know the hallmark of a good captain on a ship? He never abandons his ship while there are souls aboard even if the ship is sinking.

I don't expect you to know much about honor and other such values though. Aren't you from the same group of people who hail corruption and corrupt people?

Why am I even bothering myself. You can't see it even if it smacked you in the face repeatedly.

Soldiers aren't trained to die as martyrs? The ones that have been dying from the bullets of boko haram is what?

So Ojukwu was an ordinary soldier abi? And not the leader of his people at the time?

Playground for children?

You think if the war starts, you'll be able to press pause or restart when you like abi? Or maybe you think you'll be given 5 lifelines like the games you play.

You prolly still a kid, and I shouldn't waste any more effort trying to school you. Life will do that for you.

Ojukwu never started any war, it was Nigeria that started the war. The only thing Ojukwu did was declare the independence of his people. It was Nigeria that came down to the east to fight. War came to Ojukwu. If the Nigerian Government had wanted, it could have chosen other forms of conflict resolution such as dialogue, proposals and even referendum to resolve the issue, but it chose war. The crimean region left Ukrain in 2014, the Ukrain government didnt shout 'one Ukrain' and move to the Crimean region to wage war and kill its own people. They chose dialogue as the civilised country they are.

Any Soldier who died in war died in combat. There is no Soldier who is taught to jump in front of a bullet. No Soldier is taught to fight to the death unless there is no choice. But if there is a choice of escape in a hopeless situation, only a stupid Soldier will refuse it. A dead Soldier is of no use to anyone. The doctrine of the captain going down with the Ship does not apply to Ojukwu because while Biafra was lost, the people were not. Ojukwu simply handed over to his deputy and left which created the room for a peaceful end to hostilities. The only thing that would have made Ojukwu look like a coward for leaving is if Nigeria was coming to kill everyone and he ran away. Nigeria said they were fighting for unity, they won. No point for Ojukwu to stay back and be killed and on top of that, the same unification will still happen. Even IPOB is not talking about war, they want a recognition of their right to self determination and a referendum and so far, it is Nigeria that has been doing the shooting. Your problem is that you have been fed Yoruba propaganda for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Justiceleague1: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ioannes:

the kinda basket afonja and mallams carry in the skulls,huh? grin
afonja
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
gidgiddy:

Ojukwu never started any war, it was Nigeria that started the war. The only thing Ojukwu did was declare the independence of his people. It was Nigeria that came down to the east to fight. War came to Ojukwu. If the Nigerian Government had wanted, it could have chosen other forms of conflict resolution such as dialogue, proposals and even referendum to resolve the issue, but it chose war. The crimean region left Ukrain in 2014, the Ukrain government didnt shout 'one Ukrain' and move to the Crimean region to wage war and kill its own people. They chose dialogue as the civilised country they are.

Any Soldier who died in war died in combat. There is no Soldier who is taught to jump in front of a bullet. No Soldier is taught to fight to the death unless there is no choice. But if there is a choice of escape in a hopeless situation, only a stupid Soldier will refuse it. A dead Soldier is of no use to anyone. The doctrine of the captain going down with the Ship does not apply to Ojukwu because while Biafra was lost, the people were not. Ojukwu simply handed over to his deputy and left which created the room for a peaceful end to hostilities. The only thing that would have made Ojukwu look like a coward for leaving is if Nigeria was coming to kill everyone and he ran away. Nigeria said they were fighting for unity, they won. No point for Ojukwu to stay back and be killed and on top of that, the same unification will still happen. Even IPOB is not talking about war, they want a recognition of their right to self determination and a referendum and so far, it is Nigeria that has been doing the shooting. Your problem is that you have been fed Yoruba propaganda for a long time.

@bolded. Ore is part of the East abi? Or what were the Biafran soldiers doing at Ore? Defending their land?

IPOB is not talking about war right? I guess you didn't see the video clip where kanu was asking for funds and weapons to prosecute his war against Nigeria.

You also probably were deaf when he instructed his followers like you to pick up arms if he was ever arrested or if they don't hear from him in a couple of days.

Long-winded arguments tire me easily. I'd rather leave you to bask in your self delusion. Keep on adulating a coward. It isn't a far leap from glorifying corruption and defending the corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Diademk07: 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ioannes:

Playground for children?

Lmao!

Don't forget to tell him the same Ojukwu came back to contest in the same one Nigeria he led millions of his folks to their slaughter ground! What a selfish coward!

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Justiceleague1: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
Afonja can cohabit with ur hausa nigeria forever if u like
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ioannes:

@bolded. Ore is part of the East abi? Or what were the Biafran soldiers doing at Ore? Defending their land?

IPOB is not talking about war right? I guess you didn't see the video clip where kanu was asking for funds and weapons to prosecute his war against Nigeria.

You also probably were deaf when he instructed his followers like you to pick up arms if he was ever arrested or if they don't hear from him in a couple of days.

Long-winded arguments tire me easily. I'd rather leave you to bask in your self delusion. Keep on adulating a coward. It isn't a far leap from glorifying corruption and defending the corrupt.

Ore was after Biafra was atracked. It was Nigeria/Biafran war, was Ore not in Nigeria? Yes I saw the video of Kanu looking for weapons. That is his own way of saying that if Nigeria doesnt let Biafra go, the people should fight for their freedom. Even Nielson Mandela was once a militant who took up arms.

I never heard Kanu say anything about anyone carrying arms if he (Kanu) were to arrested. If it was true, why hasnt he announced it again through lawyers, family and friends who go to visit him daily?

So far, niether Kanu or IPOB are yet to hurt a fly. A person cannot be judged or convicted by what they said they will do, they can only be judged by what they have already done. So far, all Kanu has donenis talk.

Your Nigerian Government has gone beyond talking and commited extrer-judicial murder by shooting unarmed protesters. If you were not a hypocrite, you would have been more interested in those that have actually carried arms and killed people such as your Goverment, herdsmen and boko haram rather than be concerned about IPOB who are yet to hurt anyone.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
Justiceleague1:

afonja will remain zombies..biafra wasnt in ore to fight the yorubas..they were there to stall the advancement of the hausa led zoo forces. You can cohabit with ur hausa nigeria forever if u like,ipob has moved on..

grin grin grin grin grin grin

They were there to stall the advancement... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bros, na you train basket-mouth? See as laugh wan kee me.

You guys need to be given an award for revisionists of the century.

It's a talent. Keep it up
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Justiceleague1: 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ioannes:

They were there to stall the advancement... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bros, na you train basket-mouth? See as laugh wan kee me.
You guys need to be given an award for revisionists of the century.
It's a talent. Keep it up
afonja grin
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
[quote author=gidgiddy post=50899029]

Ore was after Biafra was atracked. It was Nigeria/Biafran war, was Ore not in Nigeria?

So we are agreed it was a war and not genocide? My question was, if he was just simply defending Biafra, what was he doing in Ore, Yoruba land?

Yes I saw the video of Kanu looking for weapons. That is his own way of saying that if Nigeria doesnt let Biafra go, the people should fight for their freedom.

I see. And what is the definition of war to you? Please read what you wrote and compare with what you wrote earlier.

Even Nielson Mandela was once a militant who took up arms.

Oh is that so...? And did he also call for the genocide of the whites in South Africa? Maybe you aren't aware that Kanu actually called for the extermination of Yorubas and Hausas.

I
never heard Kanu say anything about anyone carrying arms if he (Kanu) were to arrested. If it was true, why hasnt he announced it again through lawyers, family and friends who go to visit him daily?

Because he's a pvssy? undecided he dare not and he knows it. His chest beating is limited to radio Biafra.

So far, niether Kanu or IPOB are yet to hurt a fly. A person cannot be judged or convicted by what they said they will do, they can only be judged by what they have already done. So far, all Kanu has donenis talk.

Really? Those policemen who were thrown down from the top of the bridge were all dogs abi?
And should the government wait until he begins to kill people before they act? undecided
He was inciting people to commit mass murder, you are here saying all he's done is just talk.

Your Nigerian Government has gone beyond talking and commited extrer-judicial murder by shooting unarmed protesters. If you were not a hypocrite, you would have been more interested in those that have actually carried arms and killed people such as your Goverment, herdsmen and boko haram rather than be concerned about IPOB who are yet to hurt anyone.

Sorry but I can't be bothered by those who were killed during the protests. They looted shops, burnt trucks and mosques etc. We warned you guys that there were more peaceful means to getting what you wanted, but y'all wanted to show muscle. You guys are bad students of history.
I really don't blame you though, none of you witnessed the war. Your parents and grand parents who would have been in a better position to talk some sense into you have all elected to tell you lies. Your loss, not ours.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
Justiceleague1:

afonja grin

undecided

Was that supposed to be an insult

You guys are truly clueless. *smh#
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
Diademk07:

Lmao!

Don't forget to tell him the same Ojukwu came back to contest in the same one Nigeria he led millions of his folks to their slaughter ground! What a selfish coward!

These guys are simply amazing, I tell you.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Justiceleague1: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
Afonjas messing profusely everywhere
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Justiceleague1: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
Afonjas are now online ministers of igbo affairs while that grumpus from tiv oMENTAL is the online resident old minister of ipob affairs grin grin
Sai Ojukwu
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Justiceleague1: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ioannes:

undecided
Was that supposed to be an insult
You guys are truly clueless. *smh#
grin if u take it tha'way,duhh tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 12:35am On Nov 10, 2016
[quote author=Ioannes post=50904093][/quote]

It is good that people like you write things like this. You make it apparent that Nigeria is just an enforced union of people same as when the colonial masters created it and that fraudulent union will never be one or head anywhere.

So we are agreed it was a war and not genocide? My question was, if he was just simply defending Biafra, what was he doing in Ore, Yoruba land?

It was war and genocide. When over 3 million people are killed, it is genocide. Only a lunatic will kill 3 million people in the name of keeping a colonial contraption such as Nigeria one. You people keep talking about Ore but you dont mention the fact that even before the Biafran Army got to Ore, the Nigerian Army was already in Nsukka trying to press on to Enugu. Nigeria was attacking Biafran territory and Biafra was attacking Nigerian territory. So why do people keep talking as if Ore was in China? The best form of defence is attack and Ojukwu did just that.

I see. And what is the definition of war to you? Please read what you wrote and compare with what you wrote earlier.

War is armed conflict that has started. Nnamdi Kanu calling for weapons is mere talk. Until such a time he actually embarks on an armed crusade, he cannot be accused of something he is yet to commit. Unless talking has become a crime in Nigeria

Even Nielson Mandela was once a militant who took up arms.

Oh is that so...? And did he also call for the genocide of the whites in South Africa? Maybe you aren't aware that Kanu actually called for the extermination of Yorubas and Hausas

So you dont know that Mandela solicited for weapons like Kanu and called for the killing of whites in South Africa? He did this even in Nigeria. Mandela came to Nigeria in the early 60's to solicit weapons from the Nigerian Government to fight white minority rule and kill whites. What a person is calling for is not what is important, what is important is the action they take. The law recognises actions, not uttrances. Anyone is free to say anything under their right to free speech. Kanu and Mandela are free to say anything they like.

I
never heard Kanu say anything about anyone carrying arms if he (Kanu) were to arrested. If it was true, why hasnt he announced it again through lawyers, family and friends who go to visit him daily?

Because he's a pvssy? undecided he dare not and he knows it. His chest beating is limited to radio Biafra.

Joker. So if his chest beating is limited to radio Biafra, why are people like you and your federal Government having nightmare?

Really? Those policemen who were thrown down from the top of the bridge were all dogs abi?
And should the government wait until he begins to kill people before they act? undecided
He was inciting people to commit mass murder, you are here saying all he's done is just talk.

Another propaganda product of the Lagos/Ibadan expressway media. Same as when they came up with TRIPOB and REIPOB. Have you been to the River Niger bridge before? If you have, you will know that the bridge is so high that anyone who is thrown from there is sure to die or drown on impact. How do you think that IPOB threw police men into the River from the height of that bridge but we have never heard about the names of the dead police men? We didnt hear about the funeral. Not even the police force or Government made any formal announcement about it. How do you think this is possible? If IPOB had done this, it would have been the perfect excuse for the Government to have labeled it a terrorist organisation. Lies peddled by people and believed by the likes of you.

Sorry but I can't be bothered by those who were killed during the protests. They looted shops, burnt trucks and mosques etc. We warned you guys that there were more peaceful means to getting what you wanted, but y'all wanted to show muscle. You guys are bad students of history.
I really don't blame you though, none of you witnessed the war. Your parents and grand parents who would have been in a better position to talk some sense into you have all elected to tell you lies. Your loss, not ours

Of course you wont be bothered about your terrorist Government commiting extrer-judicial murder of unarmed people. Besides shouting 'one Nigeria' and being the slave Northern controlled Nigeria, what else is there for you to believe in? Peaceful protest was going on and your security forces came and shot unarmed people . What reaction did you expect from the people?

This has got nothing to do with witnessing the war. This has everything to do self determination and free choice. Because Lord Lugard told you people that we are all one does not make it true. Anyone who holds another person or people against their will and still expects peace at the same time is a dreamer. Only a coward accepts to be a slave for fear of war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo / Bandits Attack 5 Kaduna LGAs, Kill Several Residents / Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.